- 15+ years’ experience FICO Functional Consultant with sound and resourceful experience in multiple line of business like - Life Science/ Pharma - Medical devices manufacturing, IT Software Service providers and Consumer Electronic, Manufacturing, Agricultural Heavy equipment products.
- In depth knowledge and expertise in End-to-End Business Process knowledge and SAP Best Practices.
- 10+ years as Accountant with extensive exposure Accounts, Auditing, Taxation - Direct and Indirect.
- Implemented 8 full life cycle implementation projects in Finance module.
- Worked with implementation partners - Confidential, Confidential, IBM, Infosys and coordinated with partners like Cognizant, Accenture, PWC, E&Y, Confidential, Century Link, TCS, HCL, PCS and Wipro.
- Implemented Revenue Accounting and Reporting - RAR1.3, RAR1.2 on S4Hana Finance 1709 with Cost Recognition functionality and implemented SAP Pilot note, BRF plus application.
- SAP S/4Hana Finance and Fiori Apps extensive expertise and exposure to Designing, Configuring and Testing Asset Accounting FA, GL, AP, AR, RAR and CFIN Central Finance - Explore and Design Phase.
- Leading Clients worked for include Abbot Labs, Ford Motors, Sabre corporation, Stryker Corporation, Confidential Corporation, Confidential, Confidential, Confidential Railways (Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Division), Bose Corporation, Estee Lauder, Confidential & Lyle, Anheuser-Busch (Budweiser).
- Activate methodology - CRP sessions, User Stories, process mapping and identification of RICEFW Gaps.
- Hands on experience with all phases of projects like Requirement gathering, blueprinting, design, RICEFW Functional Specs, Configuration, Training, Testing to Post Go Live Support and Hyper care.
- SAP CO - Product Costing, Material Ledger, COPA - Costing & Account Based, Margin Analysis
- Central Finance indepth knowledge of the SLT and MDG Migration process involing Accounts receivable, Accounts payable and Fixed Asset module with POC and Demos for multiple Clients .
- Extensive functional expertise and exposure to FICO cross-functional coordination and integration with Controlling COPA, PC-Manufacturing, MM-P2P, SD- O2C, BPC, PS modules, legacy systems.
- Business scenario drafting and scripting, Testing - Functional, Integration and Regression Testing.
- Project Documentation and Record keeping - Conversant with Solution Manager, HP Mercury Quality center, BMC Remedy, IBM Ascendant, SharePoint documentation, VSTF.
- Sound knowledge and interpretation skills of GAAP - Generally Accepted Accounting Principal, IFRS- International Financial and Reporting Standards required to be adhered in a FI project implementation.
- Expert knowledge of Financial, Cost and Management Accounting practices prevailing in multiple industrial sectors - Pharmaceuticals, Information Technology, Textile Processing, Construction, Travels, Trading while working for Chartered Accountant firm.
- Effective command over oral and written communication,Excellent Documentation and presentation skills, Dynamic team player with high learning Acumen to adopt new Technologies and Tools.
SAP S/4Hana 1909 Finance Implementation Lead
S/4Hana Finance Environment: FICO,General Ledger, Fixed Asset, AR and AP, Project systems, FSCM - Credit Management, Treasury SD, FI-CA, BRIM, Central Finance, IP5, MDM, SLT and AIF, Ariba, Concur, CEPS, Vertex, Peoplesoft, Mercury, Salesforce, Hyperion,.
- Finance alignment of Chart of accounts, Profit Center Hierarchy and Cost Center Hierarchy for the business which has grown through mergers and acquisitions in coordination with Business F&A Team.
- FI integration with FICA - SOM subscription Order Management and CI - Convergent Invoicing.
- S4Hana1809 Explore acquire to retire Lead - Insight and Validate phase of the project - CRP sessions with Project system and Fixed Asset with process design, design reviews discussions, User Story, Action items, Key Decisions in one of the leading Automotive company with multinational presence.
- Fiori Apps Demo for the business SME’s & business users - AR, AP GL and Fixed Assets on S4Hana1809.
- RAR - Revenue Accounting and Reporting 1.3 demo for Time based, Event based and POC scenarios.
- RAR 1.3 integration with project system to calculate and update automatically the Percentage of Completion in the RA contract - proof of concept and process alignment with business.
- Central Finance Prepare and Explore Phase CRP session - business workshop, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable CRP Deck finalization, Business user Stories requirement review and finalization.
- Explore Phase finalization - Kick off and Overview Sessions, Organization structure, Master data and transaction data processing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Fixed Asset workshop.
- Central Architecture design finalization session with business for SLT, AIF and MDG set up.
- Central finance configuration business function activation, RFC set up and definition of logical systems.
- Configuration for the decimal places in cFin system and set for rounding for rounding difference.
- Finalize replication of cFin migration objects for FICO posting, CO internal posting and Cost objects.
- Design, customizing and Process mapping IP5 Confidential Industry print IP5 – Automotive and Hospitality Industry Solutions, IP5 Design for Generic Industry.
- Led workshops with SME’s and Business Users to understand clients existing PCAM- project Control and Asset Management system (Peoplesoft) for managing the Asset lifecycle involving budgeting, procurement, project systems and asset accounting end to end process.
- Analyzed impacts on client’s IT environment across process Rationalization and mapping of the existing PeopleSoft business process to S/4 Hana FI functionalities in Fixed Asset and project systems space.
- Finance Scrum Master to update and track the project projects and address issues and aligning with the cross functional integration and dependencies.
- COPA Profitability Analysis, Margin Analysis and COPC – Product Costing detailed knowledge of Material ledger and Actual costing with multiple currencies in S4Hana 1809.
- Proof of Concept for SAP Central Finance 1809 - Central Pay functionality, SAP Note for activation of functionalities to enable clearing transfer in source system, downpayment and tax reporting.
- Co-ordination and collaboration lead offshore team members on the project task and deliverables.
- Represented Finance deliverable in weekly and daily Agile sprint Scrum meeting with client.
S AP S4Hana 1709 Finance RAR 1.3 Consultant
- Requirement gathering, Process mapping of Sales and Distribution scenarios and Service Warrantee Scenarios in RAR 1.3 FP03 for S4Hana 1709 – First project in N. America - upgrade from S4Hana 1610.
- CRP- Conference Room Pilot and Business User training sessions for the RAR functionality involving team members from both SAP and non- SAP background (CPQ and Salesforce systems).
- Coordinated with SAP MAX attention team, Center of Excellence and Development team in EU and China to test new functionality compatibility with RAR 1.3 in S4Hana 1709 such as ARM credit memo, enhancements implemented for excluding the freight condition.
- Customer Contract five-step model for recognize revenue model familiarity with complex business scenarios and respective treatment under US GAAP, ASC 606 & IFRS 15 guidelines.
- Coordinated with business in identifying the Contracts, Multiple Element Arrangements, identify separate POB in the contract, Determination of Transaction price, FMV price to arrive at SSP.
- Coordinated with Business user in identify the Performance Obligation, Distinct and Non- Distinct POB’s, linked and Leading POB, residual items in the POB and allocation of SSP to POB.
- RAR Reporting - By Contract, By POB, by customer / group, By POB type, reconciliation by general ledger and Revenue Accounting, comparative report by accounting principle.
- RAR based on goods and services sold as MEA Multiple Engagement Arrangement.
- Identified the information about the Operational load, Revenue posted, Revenue realized in the sender system Migration contracts and related POB’s master data to be created in the RAR system.
- Contract combination and Contract modification in Revenue Accounting based on common reference.
- Functional design finalization for the BRF plus rules for the Decision Tables for defining and designing the BRF plus tables for POB and SSP.
- Finalized the Data Migration Plan, Operational Load and Initial Load with Data Migration Team.
- Migration to RAR with Operational Load and Initial Load processing along with Transition to IFRS 15 Reporting with Cumulative Catchup.
- Revenue accounting integration with Projects Systems for Percentage of Completion from Results Analysis Methods and Milestone Billing.
- Well versed with RAI Monitor, RAI Classes, NWBC web based RAR monitoring and associated Fiori.
- RAC – Revenue Accounting Contract based on Operational document i.e.: Sales order, Service Contract for Warrantee - posting run for Time based Revenue, Contract liabilities and assets.
- Review RAI items, Revenue Contract, simulation, validation Revenue GL’s postings and amounts.
- Functional enhancement to feed Encompass interface to incorporate RAR impact on sales reporting.
- Tested Revenue Posting Run – validating the results from Calculate Time Based Revenue Run, Calculate Contract Liabilities and Assets Run, Revenue Posting Run in SAP Demo client.
- Tested Revenue Reversal, Shifting contract period and contract combination functionality.
- Sales Data Migration to SAP RAR through Operation Load and Initial load.
- Analyzing Comparative Reports, Disaggregation of Revenue, and Reconciliation of Contract Asset and Liability Balances with expected balances as per business users.
- Validation of all the setting and pre activation check list for the Green field implementation.
- Maintained Accounting activation setting, configured country specific chart of depreciation setting for the affiliates in various countries copied from the sap delivered template.
- Alignment of the Asset classes with the reporting requirement of the company.
- Functional design finalization for the acquisition, transfer, retirement.
- Collaboration with Business in finalization of month end and year end closing schedule.
- Sprint planning for four sprints based on complexity of the solution and dependency on customization.
- Solution Manager Documentation updating throughout lifecycle of the project, version control for repository and responsible for checking in /checking out of documents from Solman for better control.
SAP FICO Lead
FI Environment: FICO, BPC, BW General Ledger, Fixed Asset, Project systems, CCA, PCA, COPA, Product Costing, FSCM – Credit Management, Treasury, Mercury, MS Sales, wasabi, Alfred,
- Requirement gathering, Blue Printing, Functional specifications for the Intercompany relations and transactions worldwide, creating intercompany owing and settlements through IHCC – House bank for the Worldwide Transfer Pricing Intercompany Automation Project-WW TPIC Project.
- Design and blue printing sessions with Business SME’s, Confidential, PWC, E&Y and Accenture Team involving intercompany transactions and settlements through multiple systems and landscape, Mercury, Alfred, MS Sales, Wasabi, BI, BPC and ECC solutions.
- Confidential functional lead for the Accenture World Wide Transfer Pricing Intercompany project.
- Finalized business design and functional guidance in setting up BPC dimensions and members for Retraction of the data from BPC to ECC and BPC to mercury update of master data sync.
- Designed solution for Commission, Royalty and Product Payment (MOPR) calculation logic in BPC
- Designed intercompany settlement involving multiple settlements on Monthly, Quarterly true ups, semi-annual true up, Annual true up on sub- ledger, General ledger and IHCC processes.
- Maintained Intercompany relations for the intercompany transactions with spread across the globe.
- Business process and design for the intercompany calculation of the Commissions, Royalties, Product payments, shared services, cost sharing agreements and arrangements between the parent and subsidiary companies operating every country across of the world.
- Configured IC Transfer pricing integration with material management, Sales and distribution.
- Record maintenance in VSTF – Visual Studio Team Foundation Server and MTM – Confidential Test Manager – Web based Testing tool owned by Confidential .
- Align Global Chart of accounts with Local Chart of account as a part of Global Acquisition and merger.
- Heavy interaction with business, Legacy SME’s, Technical Lead, and technical IT resources to analyze impact to SAP and legacy systems identifying general ledgers to merged and closed and redesigning the Financial statement version for local reporting in compliance with GCOA compliance.
- Coordinating the Royalties and Commission quality system run output with legacy calculation based on the Excel calculation for the previous years and half yearly reconciliation with the legacy figures.
- Coordinating with BPC team redefining the logic to reconcile the calculations as per legacy amounts.
- Business User Acceptance testing for the one and half year monthly reconciliation for commission, Commission, Royalties, product payments and MOPR.
FICO Lead Consultant
- Analysis of business requirements, determining organizational structures and classifying business units/locations as company codes, business areas and profit centers
- Design and configuration for Distributed FICO model for Accounts payable with logistics and finance in two different landscape for country India version involving Withholding Tax, Excise duty.
- Data Migration – validation for functional logic for extract vendor Alternate payee, Vendor Master data, EDI 810 vendors and upload to new environment, Data mapping, data extraction logic, load sequencing.
- Coordination with MM team on the Vendor Master Data load for the accounting views.
- Coordinating with Data Migration team on Data validation and Error logs on the Data load cycle testing.
- Designed and configured logistics transactions for finance related activities in Distributed environment involving replication of finance related transactions in Finance and Reporting landscapes.
- Invoice verification and processing – stock /non-stock, duplicate invoice check, payment block reason.
- Configured Automatic payment program, set up all company codes for payment transactions.
- Business process requirement gathering for down payment process in the distributed environment.
- Developed program base on BTE’s to give visibility to Down payment in logistics system on booking of invoices through MIRO and MIRA including the withholding tax deducted on vendor down payment.
- Developed program for duplicate invoice check for logistics and Finance invoices in distributed FICO environment with BTE00001110 validating on vendor, external vendor invoice number, invoice date.
- Developed custom program for Credit Management check in Distributed FICO environment.
- EDI and IDoc setup for distributed FICO for replication of the finance documents in the reporting landscape, maintained partner profile for the middleware Gentran and PI system
- Coordinated and validated data migration for Vendor master load, reviewed LIV and ERS.
- Validated Security roles authorizations for end users in compliance with SOX guidelines.
- HPQC ALM Mercury Quality Center Unit Testing, UAT–User Acceptance Testing, FIT-functional verification testing, SIT - System Integration Testing with business user, Regression Testing
Environment: ECC 6.0, HPQC, Portals, hyperion, Capex Portal
- Requirement gathering, analyzing design appropriate solutions and carry them through implementation including unit testing, integration testing, and coordinate end user training and testing.
- Configured logistic invoice verification for three-way match for Vendor invoices, deliveries and PO’s.
- Configured automatic payment progress with payment method per country for payment transaction.
- Maintained settings for foreign currency translation and Exchange rate gain/loss post automatically.
- Defining Credit Control Areas, Risk categories for Credit Management, customer Tolerances.
- Maintained account group, payment terms, Dunning procedure with four dunning levels and interest.
- Functional testing, Integration testing, unit testing and Business user acceptance testing.
- Functional validation of BI reports and logic for extraction of values for reporting management reporting.
- Developed Customized portal link for the business to update CAPEX information in SAP Project system.
- Developed CAPEX portal for creation and updating Capital Projects using legacy data upload into SAP.
- Defining Credit Control Areas, Risk categories for Credit Management, in Accounts Receivable, defining Tolerance Groups, Payment difference postings and Interest calculation procedures.
- Develop customized report IRS Mandatory Report for Fixed Asset change during the year.
SAP FICO LEAD
Environment: ECC6.0, HP Mercury Quality Center, Solution Manager, BMC Remedy, Informatica, BI, Portal, JD Edwards, ASK, Cyborg,worldpay, Windows XP, MS word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio.
- Requirement gathering, analyzing design appropriate solutions and carry them through implementation including unit testing, integration testing, and coordinate end user training and testing.
- Impact analyze, Identifying and recognizing global integration consequences helping project manager on approvals for inclusion of the requirement in future enhancement and releases.
- Intercompany transaction involving plants with in US and with affiliates throughout the world creating automated accounts payable documents through EDI.
- Intercompany scenario involving EDI interface to create automatic creation of the account payable transaction in the receiving company triggered during the in the delivery process.
- Intercompany stock transfer order, drop shipment and consignment shipment to affiliates.
- Configured country specific Chart of depreciation, depreciation areas, account determination, screen layout rules, evaluation group, activating depreciation areas in asset classes.
- Developed customized report for Fixed Asset Uplift report to help month end processing ability to track legacy old asset number for audit trial.
- Developed complete lifecycle management of the asset involving acquisition, intra-company and inter -company transfers, post-acquisition capitalization, retirement with and without revenue and scrapping.
- Capitalize projects for Retail store, free standing stores and counters through the project systems lifecycles from approval of Appropriation request to capital WIP and settlement on completion to FA.
- Lead validation, functional and integration testing with other functional modules involving end to end process flow testing, integration and regression testing for all processes related to Fixed Assets.
- Coordinating Business acceptance testing, Unit testing and System Testing, facilitating uploading of Test scenarios in Mercury quality center from Excel.
SAP Acquire 2 Retire Senior lead – FI Fixed Assets
- Requirement gathering, blueprinting, RICEFW functional specification, customization, project scope definition, documentation of flow charts, interfaces, master data migration from legacy systems.
- Solution Manager Documentation updating throughout the entire lifecycle of the project, version control for repository and responsible for checking in /checking out for better control.
- Managed asset accounting module heavily integrated with Investment measures and project systems.
- Designed constant monitoring, replacement and retirement system to retire the assets on a FIFO basis.
- Operating lease database two-way interfacing with SAP for payment through automated process.
- Lease Accounting - maintained Capital lease database, including capitalizing of capital improvement.
- STB – Surface Transportation Board adhered group life depreciation configuration with reversal provision.
- Designed and configured automatic Retirement and replacement of linear capital Assets.
- Designed and Customized Asset base for the Linear Assets Like Rail Track, electric Traction, involving Geographical Location wise tracking for the linear Assets like Railroad, Ballasts, signals, Crossings.
- Fixed Asset master data Integration with Geographical Code location system to locate the Linear Assets physically within states where in the railways operate inside United States.
- Developed Net Present Value Dynamic Report Based on geographical location, Line Segment.
- Project systems integrated customized table for mapping activity types for automated Asset creation.
- Performance improvement for settlement run, Depreciation run and automated retirement process.
- Designed critical path for the month end and year end close process to reduce the FA Close Schedule.
- Designed customized transactions for Mass Transfer, Retirement and Mass change of Master data.
- Developed custom program for Mass Asset Change, Mass transfer - inter and intra company Assets.
- Brainstorming session to find a path from functional-centric to process-centric equipment maintenance process – involving MM, PM, IM, PS, FA and controlling – Functional review for EAM project.
- Charms, Solution Manager record maintenance for different phases of the project lifecycle.
- Mercury Quality Center Unit Testing, UAT–User Acceptance Testing, FIT-functional verification testing, SIT - System Integration Testing, Regression Testing – Seasonal Releases.
SAP FICO Consultant
En vironment: ECC 6.0, FICO, SD, MM, PP, SCM, BI, Seibel, Lawson, MFG Pro, Windchill, Concur.
- Business Processes Requirements Analysis and User Requirement Specifications Interaction with Client Business Users for Requirements Gathering and functional Specs.
- Blueprinting and Designing Intercompany netting process, inventory valuation for intercompany transactions, Data conversion models, common general ledger accounts for the European release.
- Single Point of contact for the validation team for all the functional areas FI, SD, MM, WM, QM and PP.
- Functionality Scripting and Testing in Mercury Quality Center and reviewing results recording of GMP Scenarios and getting validated to comply with Quality Assurance standard as per FDA regulations and SOX compliance follows CVS Methodology and CAPA Regulations.
- Accounts payables configured House bank, ranking order, Automatic payment programs.
- Mapped Legacy Chart of account to SAP Chart of Account for the EMEA Release.
- Maintained General ledger, Vendor and Customer Master, Chart of Accounts and Field Status. Configured Tolerance Groups, Payment difference postings and Interest calculation procedures.
- Requirement gathering, designing and configuring Vertex O Bolt on system for the Sales and Use Tax Calculation using user exit to meet the Customer specific needs.
- Coordinated with SD, MM and ABAP team members to develop Tax matrix to calculate tax.
- Tested the scenarios involving taxability for different Jurisdiction codes for taxable, non-taxable, and input taxes for different combination of State, district, county combinations.
- Coordination with the Quality control and Validation Team to assure strict quality control norms are adhered to while analyze business requirements coverage, Scripting, functional approval.
- Aligned the Month end and year end closing operations and reconciliation of account.