- Self - started Business Objects/Intelligence Developer with well rounded experience in SAP BO, SAP HANA & Design Studio.
- Experienced in designing/developing and maintenance of persistent models (Schemas, Tables, Views), Information Models (Attribute Views, Analytic views, Calculation Views, SQL Script based Calculation views, Hierarchies, Decision Tables) using HANA studio.
- Migration of BW Database to SAP HANA (prepare/export/import BW Data, Conversion/Optimization of InfoCube’s and DSO’s, ABAP Code Optimization)
- Strong knowledge of SQL scripts (Procedures, CE Functions, SQL Scripts ).
- Working knowledge of Data Provisioning (Flat File, SAP Landscape Transformation for SAP & Non-SAP, Data Services, Direct Extractor Connections). .
- Monitoring of Data loads into HANA.
- Solution architect in migrating SAP BW 7.3 to HANA optimized Infocubes.
- Strong knowledge in building ad-hoc reports from HANA database.
- Hands on development experience of SAP BO reporting tools (Crystal, Xcelsius, Universe and Webi.) on HANA tables and views.
- Experienced in architecting reporting requirements into technical design and development.
- Able to create Info providers & BEx queries to simulate/validate results achieved from Design Studio reports.
- Able to architect the Re-org of BW objects to maintain standards.
SAP Business Object Developer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Provided business process decision support at strategic, tactical and operational level.
- Determined data warehousing strategy, select tools and techniques to devise the solution.
- Built architecture and acted as a coach for the development team.
- Fine-tuned, implemented and promoted BI and Big Data strategies.
- Collected and analyzed internal and external data to generate meaning and value for the organization.
- Turned raw data into strategic information and propose creative solutions for presenting dashboards, KPI’s and operational reports.
- Developed, implemented and tested software with the different SAP BI solutions (SAP BW, SAP Data Services, SAP Business Objects BI, etc.)
- Led customer in the transformation of traditional BI into Analytics and Data Science through the promotion of SAP solutions and roadmap in this area (SAP HANA, SAP Predictive Analysis, etc.) and your experience of integrating SAP products with specific analytics language or solutions (R, NetBase, etc.)
- Supported the development and the promotion of CSC specific offering related to Big Data & Analytics.
SAP Business Objects Consultant
Confidential, Long Island, NY
- Performed conversions on SAP Business Objects universes and reports from 3.1 to 4.1.
- Unit tested migrated universes and reports.
- Performed issue resolution on universes and reports during UAT.
- Assisted in the cleanup of universes and reports.
- Trouble-shooted support tickets for operational issues.
- Worked through a root/cause analysis and followed up on action items.
- Applied patches and upgrades as needed.
- Performed as a member on projects where Business Objects infrastructure expertise was required.
- Handled all support requests (Problems with reports/universes security changes in Business Objects, performance tuning, preliminary analysis of data issue.)
SAP Business Object/Intelligence Developer
Confidential, Long Island, NY
- Worked under the guidance of data architects and SMEs to analyze and understand the source and target data systems to validate the business requirements.
- Performed Business Objects Reports and Universe architecture and design.
- Developed reports using Business Objects (BI4.0) to generate ad hoc reports, canned reports, and dashboards as per the specifications created by the data architects.
- Applied Business Objects best practices during development with a strong focus on reusability and better performance.
- Mentored others in Business Objects usage when required.
- Produced well written documentation for unit testing and integration testing of the components developed.
- Kept other designers, team leads and project managers well informed of progress and results.
- Provided time estimates based on analysis of report specs and BRD.
- Validated scope, plans and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Translated business requirements to technical requirements in terms of BO universe and report design.
- Expertise in generating various types of BO reports including Desktop Intelligence reports, Crystal reports and Web Intelligence reports.
- Designed universes from Star Schema (with slowly changing dimensions) & Snow Flake Schema databases/data warehouses.
- Managed BO repository related admin activities such as folder design, security group design and authentication management. (Single sign on/LDAP etc)