- Accomplished certified SAP HANA and BI Solutions Architect with over 20 years of experience in the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) focused on driving business transformation.
- Over 10 years of SAP experience in Supply Chain logistics and FI/CO modules, including 3+ years in SAP HANA.
- Successfully designed and delivered BI solutions in SAP and non - SAP environments.
- Strong track record of building solid working relationships with executives, senior management, technical and functional teams, leveraging expertise/resources to create opportunities for business growth and development
- Ensured successful BI programs with high user adoption for BI technologies, leveraging broad expertise and depth in BI technologies and data architecture designs
- Strong experience in customization and architecting BI solutions in SAP and non-SAP BI environments
- Proficient in Blueprint/roadmap design, Technical Project scoping, Project management and Implementation
- SAP HANA, BW /4HANA migration, Architecture, Design and Data modeling expertise.
- In-depth knowledge/experience in SAP BW 7.x on Traditional DB, BW 7.4 on HANA, BW /4HANA, SAP ECC, SAP /4 HANA, SAP Business Objects v4.x Reporting toolsets, SAP Lumira, BODS 4.x and SAPHANAdata provisioning
- Designed and developed complex HANA information models such as Attribute, Analytic, Calculation Views (Graphical/Scripted with CE functions), SQL procedures with restricted filters and Calculated Measures
- SAP HANA data provisioning through SAP BODS Designer/Workbench, Smart data access (SDA), SDI and SLT
- Deep knowledge of seamless integration/data replication with external systems using Smart Data Integration (SDI) or virtually access external data remotely using Smart Data Access (SDA)
- Created and leveraged best practices for HANA modeling and performance tuning
- Impacted bottom line revenue and profitability turnaround at Confidential in 2007-2010 by building broad spectrum of reporting and analytical capabilities from ground up, across Store operations, Warehouse, Finance and Merchandise divisions.
- Stong experience in Project planning, scheduling, budget estimation, and resource staffing plans
- Good understanding of end-to-end Solution Architecture in the Hadoop/Big-Data ecosystem that includes Hadoop Data lake Solution, Data Ingestion Framework, Data Provision Framework and streamlining & optimizing existing Data Warehouse usage.
- Proven success in mentoring and motivating cross-functional, culturally diverse teams managing change and implementing process improvements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
SAP HANA ~ SAP BO Data Services ~ HANA Modeling and Data Provisioning ~ SAP Business Objects ~ SAP BW ~ Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions ~ Data Architecture & Modeling ~ Cloud Transition ~ Data Governance and Master Data Management(MDM) ~Power BI ~ Program and Project Management ~ Cross Functional Collaboration
Reporting Tools: SAP BOBJ, SAP BW, MS PowerBI, IBM Cognos, Spotfire, Tableau, MicroStrategy, QlikView, OBIEE
Data Integration: Informatica, SAP Data Services (BO DS), SLT/SDA, MS SSIS, SSAS and IBM DataStage
Cloud Platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Rackspace
DWA/ RDBMS: SAP HANA, Netezza, Amazon Redshift, DynamoDB, MySQL, MongoDB, MS SQL Server, Sybase.
Data Modeling: CA Erwin(Kimball, Inmon DW Methodologies-Star, Extended Star, Snowflake, 3N data Modeling)
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. SAP BI Consultant
- Using SAP data via OpenHub and Student performance data from SQL Server DW, designed SAP BO Universe and developed reports in SAP BO (WebI, Design Studio) for the Board Dashboard for District Admins
- Led development of SAP BO BI Budgeting and Finance reports leveraging BEx queries for School Principals
- Developed models, reports in Power BI Desktop and published the datasets & reports to Power BI Service.
- Trained School Principals/APs on Power BI report design to support self-service adhoc reporting
- Involved in PoC on SAP BW/4HANA hosted on SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) and demonstrated the benefits of upgrading from SAP BW 7.5 in terms of features and functionalities
Environment: SAP BW 7.5, SAP BO 4.2, SAP Lumira, SAP ECC 6.0, MS SQL Server 2016, MS Power BI
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. SAP BI/HANA Consultant
- Designed and developed SAP HANA models (Graphical/Scripted Calculated Views with calculated and restricted measures)
- Replicated data in SAP HANA in real time via SLT and brought in additional datasets via BO Data Services
- Reviewed and refined BO/ Power BI usage and planned for Power BI reports/dashboards for Store Mgrs
- Developed Reports and Dashboards in SAP BO (WebI, Design Studio) and other non-SAP tools (MS Power BI)
- Enabled self-service BI with extensive reporting capabilities by integratingSAPHANA Models w/SAP BO
Environment: SAP BW 7.5, SAP HANA 1.0 SP10, SAP ECC 6.0 -IS Retail, BO 4.2, BODS 4.2, MS Power BI
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. SAP BI Lead
- Involved in the SAP BW/BO full project life-cycle for implementing reports for multiple SAP modules: FI/CO, Purchasing, Project System, Plant Maintenance & HCM
- Provided expertise & best practice recommendations throughout the project lifecycle for leveraging existing SAP BW reports and report re-design and development from SAP BW to Business Objects
- Built complex queries using BEx 7.3 designer and led the development of WebI and Crystal reports on BEx queries
- Extensively developed BO universes using BEx query and used advanced interactive functionalities in BOBJ reports.
- Leveraged MS Power BI for self-service Ad-hoc reporting environment on top of SQL Server DW
Environment: SAP BW 7.5, BO 4.2, SAP EP 7.3, SAP ECC 6.0, MS SQL Server 2016, Informatica, IBM Cognos, MS Power BI
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. Solutions Architect - SAP & BI Practice
- Led IT assessments, SAP HANA PoC/Implementation engagements, program management of multiple BI engagements across different vertical domains.
- For proof of concept of SAP BW on HANA, actively involved in the evaluation of different deployment approaches from native SAP HANA, SAP BW on HANA to sidecar/Hybrid approach
- Worked on migration strategy to migrate/upgrade from SAP BW to SAP BW on HANA replacing cubes and existing DSO with open DSO views based on HANA view to support real time reporting at 99 Cents Stores
- Extensively worked on HANA Studio and data provisioning via SAP BO Data Services and SLT in SAP HANA PoC engagement and creating implementation roadmap for multiple clients
- Played a key role in SAP Global Rollouts, SAP Ramp-Up projects, ECC upgrades and NetWeaver 7.x BI Upgrades
- Led cross-functional IT team for SAP BI and MDM engagement for SAB, S. Africa (SAP BI, SAP MDM, Qlikview)
- Led cross-functional SCM Analytics & BI team for Global Supply Chain performance and data visualization PoC engagement for Nike’s Performance Management division (SAP SD, MM, Tableau)
- Successfully initiated and managed SAP BI implementations and SAP AMS engagements for Global Clients like Kraft Foods, Sensus, GE Oil and Gas and others.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Senior BI Manager
- Transformed BI landscape by delivering spectrum of BI functionalities using SAP BOBJ including self-service BI, desktop dashboards and Operational, Adhoc reporting with automated notifications and alerts
- Chief Architect of the EDW design and ETL/ELT data loads; SAP BOBJ Universe designs
- Led SAP MDM and Data Governance initiatives ensuring active participation of stakeholders/data stewards
- Recruited and mentored team of 8 FTEs and 9 contractors; cross trained on ETL and BOBJ Reporting tools