- Over 10 years’ experience in business and information technology assisting companies, clients and system users with developing procedures, identifying problems, designing alternatives and implementing business solutions.
- The combination of comprehensive business and technical background, and strong leadership skills, TEMPhas led to various roles and responsibilities in overseeing all phases of system development including planning, design, testing, conversion, implementation, and support. This led to successfully completed projects emphasizing value improvement, cost reduction and enhanced supplier management
- Excellent exposure to manufacturing systems at a conceptual and implementation level including end user training. In addition, TEMPhas over 10 years of experience developing and implementing SAP solutions including hands - on, configuration skills in FICO cross functional to MM, SD/CS and SM Warranty management modules.
- Mrs. Desai’s clients has included small, mid-size and Fortune 500 companies, across many industries including Confidential, Finance, Pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and Federal.
- She TEMPhas worked as liaison between client and employer, conducted contract negotiations/enhancements and Collaborated with various stakeholders to achieve targets, improve client performance, and maximize supplier collaboration.
- She is also experienced in Project requirements gathering, Identifying/executing project milestones and phases and cross collaborating with various teams to implement projects successfully.
- Involved in 2 full Life-cycle implementations of SAP R/3 using ASAP methodology involving Business Blueprint, Realization, Final Preparation, Go Live and Prod Support.
- Experience in reports, conversions, interfaces, enhancements & forms. Identifying GAPS & Writing functional and technical specs for WRICEF per unique client specific requirements
- End User training provided of user manual and preparation of user manual and training material including test scripts
- Experience in Lead HP ALM Test team for, Test 101, IT Testing, Unit testing, Regression Testing, Cutover Plans, EDI and IDoc.
SAP SD/LE/TM/RTR/R2R Testing Team Lead
- Expert in managing and coordinating E2E integration, Validation, roll out testing with on site-offshore model with multipleSAPmajor releases and worked onTestEstimation, Planning and Scheduling,TestStrategy and Plan creation. Coordination, Stakeholder management, escalation management.
- Good experience in testing ofSAPmodules like OTC (Order to cash), MM, PS, AFS, FICO, HR/HCM, SCM, SRM, WM, eWM, IM, PM, CRM, Portals, BI, APO, cross-functional testing and Client /Server and Web based applications and B2B/ e-commerce.
- Conducted daily off shore meeting on status of FJ IT W2 testing, raised the defect and co-ordinate to resolve the defect.
- Strong experience in /Project Governance, manual and automated Software testing/quality assurance (black and grey box) as well as UI (User Interface) testing and V&V (Validation and Verification) testing and End to end experience with large-scale systems development projects and process redesign efforts.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), including Waterfall and Agile/Scrum Development as follows: Starting from Creating the Concept and Business Needs. Continuing with Architecture and Requirement Analyses, CreatingTestPlans andTestCases.
- Experience in Plan, execute, monitor, track and report large-scale technology projects using traditional and Agile development processes & techniques.
- Good Experience on business process: SCE - Supply Chain Execution, OTC, P2P - Procure to Pay, RnI - Rebates & Incentive- chargeback (Vistex), RTR - record to report, Billing and Collections domain, Finance, Payroll processes PTC- Prospect to Customer (CRM), EDI and extensively used SolutionManager.
- Experience in preparingTestplans,TestSchedules, Requirement traceability matrix, Resource Management Plan, Cutover plans and defining the scope of the project, ensuretestcases cover all functionality, including new change.Developed cost effective solutions or workarounds to close gaps, if any, including pros and cons for alternative solutions for Quintiq/Demand & Supply Planning & Optimization and Order Fulfilment (ATP/CTP) solution integrating to SAP S/4HANA.
- Working with business users in a test 101 to get them familiar with SAP best practices and some custom global template processes.
SAP Integration Consultant
- Responsible for the maintenance and compliance of the financial system functional requirements supporting the financial business processes.
- Navy Sustainment activities such as SAP FI Level 3 support.
- Analyzing NAVSUP ERP SAP FI area defect and issues.
- Resolving defects in Navy custom programs and interface programs called DDEF.
- Strong understanding of NAVSUP General Ledger Processing, General Ledger Recurring Entries Processing, Reversing General Ledger Entries, Reversing General Ledger Entries, Account Payable and Invoice processing, Invoicing and Payment File Certification Process, Manual Down Payment Process, Account Receivable process, Invoicing and Credit Memo process, Account Receivable - Account Clearing Process, Account Receivable Account Analysis.
- Interact with member firms and end users to resolve incidents by developing workarounds, submitting defects, and change requests.
- Write functional specifications for change requests, creating test plans, process documentation, and conducting user training.
- Review contractor and government developed solutions to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for analysis, design, testing and implementation of SAP FICO functionality.
- Prepared functional documents for the business processes and customization.
- Managed defect tickets & change request for order & service management production support issue.
- Design, develop and present Change Requirement, Change Design and Test Script documents to ARB, implement, and support change requirement to production.
- Analyze and solve difficult financial problems for the Navy SAP ERP system processes.
- Provide technical guidance on financial regulations, policies, and procedure.
Business Systems Analyst
- Participates in gathering and analyzing of internal business requirements by means of interviews, workflowanalysisand facilitated discussions with users.
- Translates users' business requirements into detailed functional designs for development, testing and implementation.
- Identifies and communicates risks and issues impacting business rules, functional requirements and specifications.
- Participates in managing the scope of applications and related changes.
- Assists quality assurance with functional test case reviews
- Analyze, design and test break/fix requests and enhancements to SAP FICO modules.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships with keystakeholderswithinSAPto ensure a coordinated approach to the customer.
- Configured AP/AR, document postings, GL recurring entries, accrual deferral documents, month-end closings.
- Facilitatedof User Acceptance Testing
- General Ledger (FI-GL) taking care for uploading master data and configuring the pre-requisites which includes Creation of Chart of Accounts, Account groups, and Retained earnings accounts.
- Understand and apply appropriate project and system development methodologies to ensure a timely and cost effective solution.
- Contribute in a diverse team environment to ensure solutions are implemented in a consistent manner and proper collaboration is in place across IT and the business.
- Coordinates new system enhancements with appropriate testing, change management and communication with minimal rework.
- Developed test plans, support documentation and training material for supported systems.
- Identified researches and resolves system issues proactively and provides recommendations to management, customers and peers.
SAP FICO Systems Analyst
- Business data preparation & Management related to FICO Module.
- Conductedworkshopto gather requirements from Business Process Owners, and Subject Matter Expert and understand As-Is process, did GAP analysis, developed business process flowchart and configured the system.
- Analyzed complex business processes and provide consultation to users regarding processes and procedures to ensure business is achieving maximum efficiencies out of SAP.
- Developed SAP noledge/competency in expert users and subject-matter experts throughout the business, across multiple locations globally.
- Developed supporting process documentation.
- Performed system regression testing for new releases or upgrades to SAP.
- Assisted in the development or enhancement of functional reporting capabilities and lead business requirements gathering sessions as needed.
- Facilitated translation of requirements into configuration and technical development specifications
- Coordinated testing and user acceptance
- Collaborated with other members of the SAP team on cross-functional solutions
- Creation of Vendor and Customer master records and loading of legacy data into the system
- Defined field status variant and field status groups for determining field status.
- Configured tolerance groups and also defined Validations and Substitutions.
- Configured of Master data groups, Terms of Payment, Incoming Payments and Open item clearing.
- Configured the settings for Outgoing Payments including Automatic Payment Program.
- Creating Bank Master data, House banks, G/L accounts for each bank account and creating reconciliation accounts for vendors and customers
- Integration of Financial with Material movements and billing for automatic postings and taxation postings in FI
Business Analyst - SAP FICO/Sr.Staff Accountant
- Completed Business Process Analysis (Gap Analysis).
- Liaise with existing SAP Support team to agree design changes and global impact assessment
- Configuration of business processes in SAP FI/CO (New GL, AP, AP, FA, Tax, etc), including global settings and enterprise structure settings.
- Assisted quality assurance with functional test case reviews.
- Collaborated with stakeholders on the evaluation of the feasibility, effort and costs to implement requirements.
- Participated in the creation of training materials and may assist with user orientation and training.
- Effectively resolved problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Mentored less experienced members of the team.
- Lead creation and review of reports on monthly activities for all lease accounts.
- Prepared monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Calculated, prepared, and captured various month end journal entries into the General Ledger.
- Routinely supported Controller in month end preparation and during audit with extensive research, review, and analysis.
- Processed sale day transactions including prepared and balanced sale day deposits.
- Prepared monthly bank account reconciliations including depository, general disbursement and vehicle disbursement.
- Lead preparation and review of intercompany transactions with corporate office.
- Alerted management and executed stop payments and drafts as required.
- Worked on special projects and prepared ad hoc reports and analysis as needed.
- Performed other duties as assigned by management.
- Analyzed the system and worked on improvement, recommended, scheduled and performed software improvements, interface and upgrades.
- Provided support to the Business user regarding issues in General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Asset Accounting in day to day activities.
- Issues solved during creating the new Customer, Vendor, and House Banks, Payment methods, Automatic payment Program, Dunning Process and reporting.
- Prepare financial reports and statements for the management
- Preparation of training materials for End user
- Providing Support to End Users on day to day Activities.