- SAP Lead Consultant with core qualifications in areas of Financials(FI), Controlling(CO), Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM), Project Systems (PS), ISU (Utilities), FICA (FI Contract Accounting) and PSCD (Public Sector Collections and Disbursements)
- Seasoned Professional with over 11 years of SAP functional consulting experience with excellent record for achieving business objectives in project leadership, business process implementation, solution implementations and delivery
- Accomplished Seven Full life Cycle Implementations and multiple rollouts, enhancements, support, upgrade Projects with active participation in Blue printing, Cut - Over tasks and Post Implementation support using ASAP Methodologies
- Excellent knowledge on the business flows in various industries such as Manufacturing, Public Sector, Financial, Retail, Service, Automobile, Utility and Service, Pharmaceutical, Bio technology and life sciences etc.
- Experience in handling CxO level executives in multiple projects
- Lead the localization workshop to gather the local European and Singapore legal and Statutory requirements (Including IFRS) and convince the business areas to adhere to global templates
- Developed Agile and RDS methodology to develop a product “FINANCIALS ONE” in 12-16 week implementation for small/medium enterprises which is later approved by SAP and available for sale in SAP Products since 2010
- Managed Budgets Annually and handled Onsite and Offshore Teams
- Worked with cross segment functional managers and directors to help align enterprise architecture strategies with key business initiatives and development project roadmaps
- Worked and negotiated with other development teams to drive implementation of the SAP Project in Waves model while having tremendous pressure from business owners of the legacy systems and business teams that had to be carefully navigated to keep the project moving.
- Strong Implementation experience in New General Ledger (FI-GL), Accounts Payable (FI-AP), Accounts Receivable (FI-AR), Collections and Dispute Management, Funds and Grants Management, Dunning, Special Purpose Ledger and Banking
- Strong Implementation experience in CO includes Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA), Profit Center Accounting (CO-PCA), Cost Element Accounting (CO-CEL), Product Costing (CO-PC) and Profitability Analysis (CO-PA)
- In depth understanding of Business Processes in SAP Finance and Controlling modules and their integration with Revenue Accounting and Reporting, Vendor Invoice Management (VIM), Logistics Invoice Verification (LIV), SD, MM, PP, PM (Plant Maintenance), HR, SCM, SRM, CRM involving automatic account determination
- Conversant with US GAAP, IFRS, FERC, RAR and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Extensive cross module Interfaces (A2A & B2B) from SAP to downstream and vice versa using PI/XI, Web Methods, EDI, Idocs etc.
- Conducted training sessions, provided end user training and prepared training documents using Gotomeeting, Webex, Infopak, Visio and tools
- Good interaction with the users in analyzing the business requirements and documenting them into functional specifications and explaining them to the ABAP consultants
- Hands on Experience on creating FICO reports using Report Painter, ABAP Query and BI/BW and data upload using LSMW & SCAT, Winshuttle
- Worked in Pre-sales and sales for SAP Projects and Fiori Apps with exposure to different options such as HANA, UI5, Webdynpro ABAP, Java ABAP etc.
- Handled multiple projects in various PM tools such as Microsoft Project, Planview etc and heavy experience in Microsoft Office and Google Office tools
- Proven experience in ability to adapt quickly, work in teams and excellent Strong Analytical Reporting, Communication skills, and Interpersonal Skills
SAP FICO Analyst
- Improved the AP Invoice Processing automation through Dolphin tool (similar to Opentext)
- Enhanced and supported the workflow processes for various business scenarios in Invoice processing
- Data Mapping of the fields through Captiva system for Invoice scanning and XML processing
- Developed the first Fiori Applications in Confidential from scratch with basis and security teams
- Worked extensively on Fiori tiles, working with security on services, basis on gateway server.
- Worked on 1099 and 1042 processes to accommodate IRS changes for FY 2017
- Implemented the SOD (Segregation of Duties) project for auditors to implement high priority conflicts for the SOX compliance policies
- Evaluated various vendor tools such as Security Weaver, GRC to understand the functionality of both tools in implementing SOD
- Worked on the Security Weaver tool to implement the system, participating in workshops with business user groups
- Worked on various tools in Security Weaver to integrate various ABAP and Non ABAP systems
- Interfaced the ICL (Check Imaging) data transfer process from Confidential to Confidential
- Upgraded the Remittance Payment System (RPS) system to improve the payment receivables for the Utility Payments
- Worked in various master data such as contracts etc. in FI-CA to improve the RPS Processes
- Improved the PCARD processing to generate appropriate workflows to the card holds and their managers for timely completion of the steps and successful monthly reconciliation for accounting
- Worked with BW team to create multiple reports for various business groups
- Developed various enhancements for improvements in AP, GL and Audit processes for Accounting team
- Supported the tickets on day to day basis for various stakeholders such as Accounting, Supply Chain, and Treasury etc.
- Worked closely with business and Technical team to identify the conflicts, mitigation of risks and implementing the solutions
- Quality Check on Upgrade of SAP systems for year-end patch application
- Extensive testing of all FI and CO processes to validate the patch testing and fix them
- Testing and training of various FICO processes with multiple users
SAP FICO/AP/AR/MM Lead
- Lead the LEAP Finance and Controlling Processes for Juniper Repairs and Service Industry
- Customized the Product Costing programs to bring in the inventory for Spares Capitalization
- Managed the entire inventory loads along with custom inventory reports (MB52, MB5B and MB5L)
- Worked end to end process for Repairs (ECO, FCO, S4S) etc. and maintained the account determination for each of these processes
- Implemented the Split Valuation for Customer Service (CS) related Plants
- Worked on integrating SAP with third party tax software SABRIX
- Implemented the end to end New Buy process integrating FI, MM/AP and SD/AR.
- Implemented the Logistics Invoice Verification (LIV) for Vendor Invoice, GR and PO reconciliation
- Developed the Vendor Statement for month end correspondence along with an internal report to analyze the vendor aging report
- Developed SAP Dunning forms to create three level dunning strategy for customers
- Involved in the POC for RAR (Revenue Accounting and Reporting)
- Strong knowledge on the RAR setup
- Implemented the Revenue Recognition processes such as Milestone billing, Resource related billing and Periodic billing
- Worked on the valuation method for Results Analysis
- Developed the various user fields, project structure etc.
- Implemented the various SD/FI functionalities such as Posting rules, Item categories, RA keys, RA version, Account determination etc. for Revenue Recognition process.
- Developed AR reporting for AR Aging and Customer Statements as part of Month end activities strategy
- Customized the New Buy processes to implement the account determination and various other process to achieve the unique functionality of this Repairs and Service industry business
- Closely worked on RICEF objects with developers to get them implemented
- Implemented the process for US, Canada, APAC, EMEA, and Singapore etc.
- Integrated the various business processes for tax (jurisdiction code, tax code, GL Accounts), customs and various other localization forms for Canada & EMEA
- Worked on various Inventory integration processes with FICO to integrate various inventory movements to FI and CO areas
- Developed Custom Programs to upload various master data such as Vendors, Assets and Customers
- Worked extensively on customizing Inventory transactions (MB5B, MB52 and MB5L) to meet the requirements for Split Valuation
- Implemented Subcontracting, Intercompany, Intracompany, STO, Repairs, New Buy, Scrap, Initial Inventory load and Inventory Costing etc.
- Tested the end to end processes
SAP FICO Lead
- Worked on Grants Management to improve the functionalities of both Grantee and Grantor Management
- Enhanced the resource related billing for Grantee Management and its reporting structure according to the sponsor
- Implemented the billing plan by integrating grants modules with sales module to create the Debit Memo Request automatically as part of the billing lifecycle.
- Worked on the projects system projects for CAPEX related projects and assessments for various Projects.
- Worked on Vehicle Management System for Assets between agencies for various purposes such as disposal, sale, auction etc. in SAP Assets Management system
- Implemented the whole Procure to Pay process including the Account determination, Vendor data conversion, Automatic payment program, electronic Confidential statement and Confidential reconciliation
- Worked on AP Vendor and Confidential Reconciliation process along with positive pay and Confidential statement processing
- Worked on DME Structure to transfer the files for Vendor ACH Payments file to Confidential and reconcile the payments with Confidential statement processing
- Implemented the resource related billing process to bill the federal government for the pending funds and interest rate calculation process
- Implemented the Main and Pass through grants process to track the funds from one agency to another including the billing process
- Optimized the public sector budgeting process and fixed multiple issues as part of budgeting process to maintain the consistency
- Scoped the Public Budget Formulation (PBF) for the State to make better decision making during the POC
- Setup the assessment cycle to settle the costs every period by WBS nodes for various projects in project Systems
- Created and setup master data and accounting determination for WBS Elements
- Worked on the various asset process as part of restructuring for governor’s mansion property
- Implemented the CMIA Interest report process to receive the interest from Federal government for the delayed payment for the grants.
- Implemented the Sales Billing and Accounts Receivable process by implementing the various payment processes such as Cash, Check and ACH payments.
- Improved the existing fixed assets process to comply with CAFR reporting
- Developed LSMW to upload the legacy system assets into SAP and reconcile with GL Accounts.
- Implemented the interface for disposal of assets from different agencies
- Extensive implementation and use of worklist in various business processes
- Have good understanding of the state and federal government lifecycle processes
SAP FICO Solution Architect
- Lead multiple SAP Solutions for three different divisions of Thermofisher LSG, MBD and Global SAP instances (mergers and acquisitions)
- Migrated TDX (transplant diagnostics) business from legacy to SAP systems (GL, AP, AR, PCA, CCA, PC and COPA) to bring the systems into global SAP instance
- Worked on multiple mergers and acquisitions such as Confidential and TDX to Thermofisher and getting them in align with global reporting structure such as IFRS
- Migrated the Account Payable (AP) Payment Process (Incoming and Outgoing) from Scotia Confidential to Confidential including the Positive Pay, Recon file processing, Incoming check/ACH payments, lockbox, Paymetrics etc.
- Implemented the Manual and Electronic Confidential Statement (EBS) for the BOA.
- Implemented the entire P2P (AP/MM) and O2C (SD/AR) for Canada Business to bring the process from Legacy system to SAP
- Migrated the Accounts Receivable processes such as lockbox, check receivables and account statements to Confidential
- Implemented the DART solution for SAF-T process for Portugal to enable the business to transfer the tax related data to Portugal government authorities in XML format (ISO 20022)
- Improved the different period end process for Lenexa business in SAP
- Implemented the workflow for procurement and AP processes such as integration of Concur expenses, Confidential integration.
- Integrated the Treasury system for domestic and international payments through treasury oversight. All domestic payments are done directly through Confidential via EDI Idoc process and all international payments are done through treasury once the payment process are completed
- Implemented the AR processes such as Order to Cash, Lockbox, Dunning and AR statements
- Implemented Simple finance on S4/HANA to reduce the reconciliation efforts, period end activities and improve user experience
- Worked integrating the Logistics (Inventory Management, Plant Maintenance, MM, PP) to transfer the inventory to SAP
- Implemented the Product Costing for TDX business to enable them to use SAP system from legacy excel sheets. Worked closely with business to streamline the Product Cost data through end users and business team.
- Conducted workshops for COPA requirements with business
- Implemented cost based COPA for the Gross Margin reports and other managerial reporting
- Implemented Project systems as part of migration from legacy systems to SAP systems
- Integrated SAP with multiple system such as Oracle, Hyperion and other SAP divisions for consolidated reporting at corporate level
- Presented multiple Proof of Concepts for business to make a better decision and handled workshops to better understand SAP and its functionalities.
- Trained Non SAP users to use SAP as part of system transition from legacy to SAP systems.
SAP FICO Solution Architect
- Solution Architecture for company carve out and merging of business units (Kyocera Precision Tools and Cutting Tool)
- Lead the rapid business blueprinting phase in a week and conducted the workshops for the KPTI business
- Configured the SAP FI and CO systems from scratch and custom developed the forms, reports, interfaces etc.
- Designed and worked with ABAP team for data migration from legacy system (Visibility and FAS) to SAP system
- Configured the Project systems for WBS elements, projects and its structure
- Implemented the project systems for large scale defence research projects
- Budget allocation for the WBS elements, tracking and reporting of various costs incurred during the process
- Written Functional Specs and LSMW’s for Master Data (Vendor Master, Customer Master, Fixed Assets, Cost Centers and Profit Centers) and Transactional Data (GL balances, Open AP, Open AR )
- Configured the Electronic Confidential Statement, Dunning, Lockbox in AR
- Developed the Custom AR Aging report, AR Invoice form and AR Account Statement for Customer Correspondence
- Developed the AP Positive Pay, Forms for Checks, ACH and Credit Card Payments, 1099 process and AP Aging report
- Interface Concur with SAP to import all the employees expenses related data into SAP and process them.
- Configured the FI/MM, FI/SD Automatic Account determination and FI and plant maintenance
- Developed the unique costing of Kyocera (Amoeba department Costing) in Product Costing
- Conducted workshop on the material ledger for business team to make better decision for product costing processes.
- Configured and setup COPA reports for management
- Prepared the training documents and trained the users in SAP system for both FI and CO modules
- Prepared the testing documents and tested the scenarios in multiple systems and handled the cutover activities
- Created the company code in ECCS and integrated it with ECC system for transferring the plan data from ECCS to ECC
SAP FICO Architect
- Completed the Blueprinting phase for a green field implementation to design the global template and lead the localization workshop for Netherlands/Belgium/Singapore Principals
- Designed the Global Template for Billing Invoice, AR Account Statement, Customer Correspondence, workflow, Dispute and Collections Management
- Lead the localization workshop to gather the local European and Singapore legal and Statutory requirements and convince the business areas to adhere to global templates
- Designed the SEPA (Direct Debit) Payment Method for European region Payments in order to meet the legal requirements by Feb 2014
- Designed and Documented the Conversion of Master Data and Transaction Data for AR/Billing/FSCM/Credit Management
- Identification of GAPS and their corresponding Functional Specification for the areas where standard SAP does not meet the client requirements
- Documentation in Solution Manager and getting corresponding approvals (such as electronic signature) in order to meet the Pharma/Life Science Industry regulatory controls
- Have good understanding of Confidential Life Science Express Solution
- Working on the rebate model in O2C process for various scenarios in pharmaceutical industry
- Worked on the workshop for various Revenue Recognition Processes
- Prototyped the New GL functionalities such as Document Splitting, Real time Integration with CO-FI, Parallel Ledger
- Worked under huge time crunch in order to meet deadlines as this was a rapid implementation project for R2R and O2C Teams
SAP FICO Lead Consultant
- Worked on Funds Management and Grants Management for different reports depending on the Oregon state laws and Confidential policies
- Implement the upgrade of the ECC system from EHP4 to EHP6 by involving in landscape design, change control, SPAU resolution, OSS Notes with SAP, testing, defect resolution, co-ordination with other modules/teams, UAT, Batch Jobs Scheduling, documentation
- Designing and implementing the integration of SAP(ECC and BW) with third party budget software (Team Budget) from planning till reporting
- Implementing PS-CD (Public Sector - Collections and Disbursements) extensively by Integrating Funds Management, SD, and CS for various business functionalities like Alarm Permits, Alternative Community Service and Enhanced Bench Units
- Worked in FICA to implement the contracts for City business processes such as Fire Alarm Permits etc.
- Extensively worked on FICA to implement the contract process for Prison department accounting process
- Integrated SRM system for the supplier process visibility from contract negotiation until payments in ECC.
- Worked extensively on Procure to pay process
- Implemented the spend Analysis report for tracking County Expenses in BW using the data from SRM & ECC
- Reduced the budget on multiple business cases by implementing solutions in SAP
- Designed the complete AP Process and Confidential Integration when County decided to move to a new Confidential
- Enhanced the AP Automatic Payment Program and improved the process flow for various payment methods by enhancing the DMEE for some Payment Methods
- Designed the Grants Management to do the reporting for the county expenses that are used for state grants
- Extensive work on the period and year end activities to properly close and track the grant reporting
- Setup the 1099 process for vendors including developing the scripts for printing of the 1099 forms from SAP
- Developed Scripts extensively using Winshuttle for both Master Data and Transaction Data
- Automated the marketplace for tracking the department expenses by integrating third party systems with SAP
- Improved the HR and AP Integration for expense payment to Employees and final check payment for terminated employees
- Enhanced the fixed Asset master data (long text), account determination and depreciation
- Prototyped the HANA system to the IT team to determine the functionality of the system
- Analyzed and implemented many business processes for R2R process for GL and AP Teams
- Analyzed the implementation of New GL to replace the special purpose ledger
SAP FICO Architect
- Conceptualized and executed the LTC Marketplace Procurement Portal project to bring together both long-term care providers (Clinics etc) and long-term care vendors through a highly innovative, easy-to-use web-based portal that will provide a multitude of benefits (simplified ordering process, Automated order=>delivery=>invoice reconciliation, Extensive reporting and analytical capabilities) to both parties
- SAP SRM Standalone and ECC 6.0 (FI and CO) systems are identified during the initial preparation stage of this Greenfield project (full life cycle)
- Designed the complete ECC system (organization structure, master data design, transaction data design, reporting) to enable the shopping cart and order functionality in SRM.
- Designing and configuring the end to end backbone structure in FI and CO for supporting SRM portal in extremely tight schedules.
- Designed the GL Structure, Vendor Structures, Cost Center Structure (including the Hierarchy), Internal Order Structure etc
- Have setup the complete R2R process for the business including the “how to” documents
- Developed the Integration of ECC with SRM and also for the flow of data (master and transaction) from ECC to SRM through Idocs, BADI’s, BAPI’s etc.
- Developing the Budget Availability control at Internal Order level for order level checks in SRM and analyzing the Funds Management option for more flexibility.
- Designed the Tax Calculation Process in ECC backend for SRM Transactions
- Good Familiarity in SRM Functionalities such as Census, Mapping GL to Product Categories, SUS, SRM Invoice, Shopping Carts, PO's etc
- Have complete business scenario knowledge on SRM, Supplier Self-Services (SUS) and Enterprise Buyer (EBP).
- Have given the Funds Management functionality preview to the client for future developments such as budgets at GL Level and monthly.
SAP FICO ISU/HR/FICA Consultant
- Optimized the Integration Process of FI/CO with HR by minimizing the month end process steps
- Enhanced the Payroll and complex timesheet transfer process from HR to CO depending on various timesheet input scenarios. SCE being the utility industry has a very complex labor rules as they hire various types of employees from contractors to fulltime and have multiple rules depending on the union they represent Reconciled the FI (Payroll to FI) and CO(Timesheet transfer via CATS via CAT7/CAT9)
- Implemented the FICA process customizing the SAP to meet the for complex labor accounting
- Designed the Recalculation and Revaluation process in controlling and worked extensively on allocations using Distribution, Assessment etc for settlement of Internal Orders, Plant Maintenance Orders and WBS Elements
- Worked on New GL project by proposing the process and benefits of the New GL
- Enhanced the closing procedure by implementing the closing cockpit for faster period end process
- Faster Month and Year end closing in CO by reducing the step, time and also the reconciliation dollar differences between FI and CO
- Worked on Project systems for asset creation using WBS elements, projects and its budget allocations
- Enhanced the PS along with investment management to track and monitor the investment budgets
- Designed the closing cockpit process for faster closing procedures during period end.
- FERC (ISU) Reporting by mapping Natural Chart of Accounts to regulatory account through the FERC Indicator
- Reports for FERC (ISU) Cost Tracing by designing the whole cost flow from regular GL Accounts to FERC Accounts
- Good understanding on Regulatory and Energy Accounting (FERC Accounting) and Compatible Units (CU’s)
- FICA (Contract Accounting) for the long term installation projects
- Configured and tested FICA for Contract related installation projects
SAP FICO Lead
- Joined Confidential IT group and focused on key strategic fulfillment projects within Confidential 's Finance, Manufacturing and Supply Chain development organization. Created US/China/EMEA architectures for deployment of it back commerce and produced an execution plan to achieve it.
- Designing and Integrated system solutions for USA, China and EMEA HHO (Home & Home Office) by interfacing many systems with SAP using three tier architecture like Front End(HTTP), Middleware(Web Logic) and Back Office(SAP etc)
- Primary responsibility concerned order splitting, routing, and orchestration involved in the fulfillment lifecycle for a customer order from Confidential website to backend order fulfillment systems for STO, CTO and 3PP orders
- Solution designing with every system and process integrated to meet the four major business requirements Master Data Management, Order Management, Billing Management, Order Fulfillment and payment process such as Checks, ACH, Credit Card processing, Paymetrics etc.
- Solution designing on the Company Code, Segment and other Reporting Architecture in FI and CO
- Created project plan and assigned resources to tasks and managed progress of the project by handling resources and projects from various regions such as Asia and USA
- Managed the complete supply chain for retail business process flow along with financial document flow in SAP
- Proposal for parallel projects to upgrade the sap system from R/3 4.7 to ECC 6.0 and communicated vision and impacts to global IT development and support teams.
- Managed the Financial Process flows like Invoicing, Returns, Credit Memos, Settlement, Reconciliation, AP, AR, Tax, Revenue Recognition, Inventory snapshot, Discounts, Tiers, Margin, Rebates and Price Management
- Worked in Payment Handler files (PHF) with various payment gateway partners like clear commerce, 99 pay, All Pay etc. to get the credit card authorization approved in three steps (Pre Authorization, Fraud Check and post Authorization) from the front end systems to Payment gateway
- Involved in fine tuning the Order to Cash (STO, CTO and 3PP), Procure to Pay (P2P), VIM/Open Text, rebate Process, Workflow, 1099 custom form printing
- Implemented new custom Revenue Recognition business flow following SAB101 policies.
- Involved in Product catalog for the Material Master (called article in retail business) and MRP uploads from different systems and worked in process involving consignment treatment of goods along with inventory management
- Experience in planning, forecasting and consolidations (SAP BPC)
- Implemented script logic, data loading and develop reports in BPC
- Worked in Product Costing implementing material ledger for Brazil implementation
- Heavy interaction with ABAP programming as almost every process is customized to automate the trigger points in SAP so as to minimize the manual intervention through BAPI’s, Function Modules, Custom Tables, fields and using the batch programs
- Interfacing SAP with many downstream and upstream systems (both SAP and Non SAP) using ALE Idoc, EDI Idocs, and currently migrating our interfacing from XI to PI
- Worked on Payment Methods like Bill Me Later, Credit Card, Gift Card, Paypal etc
- Worked on Cost Center Accounting and Cost Element Accounting on Distributions and Allocations for month end GL upload to consolidated system.
- Worked on COPA Document flow for Revenue Recognition documents.
- Worked with cross segment functional managers and directors to help align enterprise architecture strategies with key business initiatives and development project roadmaps
SAP FICO/FSCM Lead
- Confidential is very unique in implementing SAP due to its unique business by involving lots of customization and involving integration of many third party systems like CRS, FACS, ONYX, eRe/eFe, T-Recs and Saperion etc
- Managed development team responsible for migrating to a New GL from Classic GL Implementation. This system was a key enabler to increase Confidential ’s reporting efficiencies and faster month end closing. The goal was to minimize month-end and year-end financial processing time and efficiency.
- Worked with business to define tactical enhancements after deployment. This system is still in place today, with the same framework, processing hundreds of thousands of orders per week with very low support and downtime.
- Managed development team for global SAP system. This was an ongoing effort and I was brought in when the development group was split into two groups, core development and deployment/support.
- Managed budget annually and 15+ domestic and offshore team members
- Fostered good working relationships with India team and deployment/support team.
- Built a team among a mix of junior and intermediate US SAP Consultant as well as a completely new group of remote offshore developers (4 onshore, 11 offshore)
- Worked on business process flows, configuration involved in Integration of Monitoring Cockpit with various systems as stated above and configured various functionalities like AMEX Credit Card Payment Method, Saperion Imaging, T-Recs Confidential Reconciliation, Aging Reports, Trusted Vendor Concepts etc without using EDI’s
- Monitoring Cockpit (Customized Z Programs) is mainly used to get the transactions posted in GL, AP, AR etc automatically by fetching data from various systems
- Worked on AMEX Credit card payment method in SAP using Payment Method Workbench (PMW) through DMEE Tree (using function groups). Developed a short term plan when Executive’s did not agree for Automatic procedure.
- Have designed a concept called Trusted Vendors to avoid going to Vertex for the Tax Calculations
- Worked on Saperion Image software Integration with SAP for recording Vendor Invoice Images
- Worked on Vendor Invoice Management (VIM) workflow issues and developing custom screens for PO and Non PO Invoices
- Worked on Confidential Reconciliation with SAP using third party system T-Recs
- Worked on the BCM ( Confidential Communication Manager) along with SWIFTnet to make the payments directly
- Defined Foreign Exchange rates, Foreign Currency Revaluation, Inter-company Account Posting, Inter-company Reconciliation, Maintained Posting Period Variant
- Worked on In-house cash management along with generating reports for cash flows
- Migration to New General Ledger, Maintained New GL configuration to create Leading and Non Leading Ledger for different reporting purpose of USGAAP and IFRS standards
- Defined Currency for Leading ledger, Defined Segment, Document Splitting, Account Assignment types for Objects
- Investigated Revenue Recognition functionality and identification of implementation gaps
SAP FICO Lead Consultant
- Involved in Global design review & Design Play back sessions for all the regions AMR, EMEIA & APAC
- Formed and led a group of senior and intermediate level SAP Consultants to plan and execute a SAP roadmap project with extremely aggressive timelines
- Used agile development methodology to quickly build working code and form tight alignment with key business stakeholders.
- Used this agile development methodology to develop a product “FINANCE ONE” in 12-16 week implementation for small/medium enterprises which is later approved by SAP and available for sale in SAP Products since 2010
- Led team to build and deploy SAP solution for US market in 4 months to support a critical product launch. Solved complex integrations to upstream and downstream legacy systems and handled the cutover activities during golive.
- Successfully Integrated CRM with FICO for the whole business process (Order, Invoice, delivery, payment) by appropriately designing the flow of data from CRM to FICO and vice versa.
- Have done the service related Revenue Recognition for the CRM Processes for service contracts.
- Designed and configured the parallel ledger, document splitting, real time FI and CO integration and segment reporting in new GL.
- Configured Lockbox system to receive EDI(Idoc) documents from Confidential and update the customer masters records and reconciliation of GL account
- Implemented Investment management for assets to capture the business process flow along from AUC to Asset creation along with budget and availability control
- Lockbox though being automatic process, initial users still have to manually process files until they get used to the transactions process flow in SAP and so trained the key business users the difference between posting statuses and on how to manually process them in the event of failures and understand the whole process to improve its hit rate
- Strong Treasury experience viz., Reconciliation, Electronic Confidential Statement, interfaces to Banking systems etc
- Configured the Electronic Confidential Statement Process and worked on Reconciliation to know the cash position
- Integrated FI-AR with FSCM (Collections and dispute Management) which transfers data from Accounts Receivables to Collections and dispute Managements for the defaulting customers
- Integrated AR with dispute management to automatically create dispute cases and customer care to follow with the respective customers
- Implemented Revenue Recognition business process flow for their software license business.
- Coordinated with MDM team (Master data Management team) in the Master data loads, data validations for Vendors / Customers / Cost centers / internal orders in SAP system
- Defined Tax Procedures for multiple countries USA, Brazil, Europe and Asia (Japan and India)
- Worked on Brazil taxation to meet the legal requirements such as Nota Fiscal, Actual Costing, Material Register etc
- Developed VAT Procedures for Europe keeping Belgium as transit point to have tax advantage for goods movement in European Countries
- Have Developed Intrastat reporting for tax purposes.
- Have integrated SABRIX with SAP system for Tax Purposes
- Have worked in extensive payment procedures like ACH, EFT/Fed wire, IFT/SWIFT Payment along with Automatic Scheduling
- Worked with BPC team on developing rules for BPC integration for consolidation purposes
- Knowledge on BPC integrating with downstream systems such as BW for reports
SAP Functional Lead Consultant
- Responsible for Business Process flow design, SAP CO document flow design, construction, integration, testing, and deployment for several backend processes involved in Product Costing, CO-PA. Worked as SAP FICO Lead Consultant in EBS Development Project in ECC 6.0
- Worked and negotiated with other development teams to drive implementation of the SAP Project in Waves model. There was tremendous pressure from business owners of the legacy manufacturing systems and business teams that had to be carefully navigated to keep the project moving.
- Demonstrated business process design charts & presentations for Business Process Owners (BPOS) for both Manufacturing and CPG business as part of business mergers
- Involved in complete design and configuration of CO/MM area which involves Automatic Account Determination, Valuation class, Movement types, GL Accounts
- Excellent Implementation experience of the MM process flow (procure to pay) and SD Process flow (Order to Cash)
- Extensive hands-on configuration in areas like multi Company code, Plants, Storage Locations, Currencies etc.,
- Apart from guiding on the Account Determination design, had worked closely with the Business folks (Enterprise Transaction Center and Enterprise Master Data) to get the data basing on the requirements
- Analysis from FI area during the Divestiture when the business considered merging one of our existing company code in another
- Analysis and configured the Account Determination area as part of Divestiture (carve out) when the business considered selling one of our business
- Worked on Validations and Substitutions to create Cross Plant and Profit Center rules
- In Logistic Invoice Verification, Two Way Match - Three Way Match Invoice Verification, Automatic Account determination for MM and FI, Set tolerance limit for Invoices, Set Check for Duplicate Invoices, GRIR Clearing and Account Maintenance, EDI Invoice Postings
- Extensive hands on configuration on many scenarios like third party direct/indirect sales, Stock Transfer Order (STO) with/without Delivery/Billing (Inter Company/Intra Company), transfer pricing
- Involved in Configuration of Material Ledger in configuring three currencies and the variances.
- Configured Costing Variant, Costing Sheet, Valuation variant, Order Type, overhead cost elements in Product Costing & Valuation Variant configured for Plan and Actual
- Configured Material Cost estimate with quantity structure by defining costing types, valuation variants, transfer strategy, costing variants.
- In Product Costing, did costing by period, defined cost accounting default values for order types and plants, defined result analysis keys and cost element for WIP calculation
- Created characteristics, value fields, and generated operating concern for costing based COPA by selecting required characteristics and value fields from field catalogue.
- Configured valuation strategy for COPA using various valuation techniques with reference to Product Costing information, Costing sheet, condition types and user exits.
- Creation of Settlement Profile, Source Structure and Allocation Structure configured for settlement of PP production orders, PM Orders, Overhead Internal Orders and Project WBS
- To monitor and ensure successful completion of core user training (both super user and end user training)
- Acted as a Single Point of Contact for Cross team dependencies, driving clarity with business leaders of other rows
- Involved in Cutover activities and Configuration Validation tasks
- Worked on Solution Manager to create, update Configuration Rationale Document for our Account Determination Design
- Have complete understanding and worked extensively on the Change Management flow while working on the mercury tools like Quality Center and ITG