- 12 years managing complex SAP environments
- 15 years running Unix/Windows servers and networks
- 12 years developing applications and scripts in Java, Perl, Python, and Bash
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:Senior SAP Basis Consultant
- Migrated an NWDI installation (DTR repository) and currently assisting with the migration of multiple systems including Portal, BEx, SLT, BW, SRM into a protected server environment (HP - UX to Linux-cloud based systems).
- Updating systems and covering day-to-day support for a large world-wide landscape that includes HANA, ECC, BW, SRM, Portal, PI, SLT, GRC, BOBJ, Data Services, VUPS, and ExoStar among others. Created Python scripts to assist with the copying of files between environments.
- Currently involved in the cut-over planning for multiple production environments
Senior SAP Basis Consultant
- Completed daily duties of transports and security updates for both commercial and secured government systems (security clearance required).
- Improved system performance by implementing standard monitoring and housekeeping routines (removed data back to 2004). Improved system up-time for non-production systems by setting up monitoring and alerting in Solution Manager 7.1.
- Generated transport system analysis report (self guided procedure in Solution Manager) used to decrease the time needed to deploy into productive systems and reduce the number of import errors. Reduced licensing costs by removing outdated accounts.
- Installed GTS 11 and completed multiple hetergeneous system copies to improve testing.
Senior SAP Basis Technical Analyst and Architect
- Created SQL Server indexes that allowed financial a close process to complete within minutes instead of hours.
- Managed five clients on the daily administration of multiple SAP systems hosted within a variety of operating systems (most on virtualized environments including HP-UX, AIX and VMWARE-VSPHERE). Mentored five basis administrators on daily management practices (including housekeeping tasks and researching system issues).
- Performed performance analysis (i.e. reviewing slow SQL executions), researching issues, incident recovery and assisting with loading of large data sets/transports over cut-over weekends. Managed multiple tier NWDI based portal landscape.
- Transitioned CCMS based alerting into Technical Monitoring in Solution
- Manager 7.1. Sized BW systems in preparation for migration into HANA.
SAP Basis - NetWeaver Technical Analyst
- Assisted in the management a 90+ SAP system environment that included SRM (including SUS and LAC), PI, ECC, BW, EP, SRM-MDM, GRC, Vertex, ReadSoft, BOBJ, HANA and NWDI. Upgraded SRM from 5.5 to 7.0.
- Responsible for transports (utilizing both CTS+ and NWDI), SAP Note implementations, system monitoring, system refreshes, upgrades, migrations, DR testing and application of service packs/patches. Interacted with performance teams in sizing systems prior to go-lives that included anywhere from new users.
- Setup centralized monitoring through Solution Manager 7.0 and created standardized daily/weekly checklists.
- Split and then upgraded a dual-stack BW 7.0 system to 7.3. Migrated those systems from Oracle 11 to HANA DB. Upgraded an internal portal (this provided front end reporting to SRM, ECC, and BW/BEX) from .
SAP Basis Team Leader
- Created process for refreshing QAS from PRD utilizing Oracle RMAN.
- Completed a heterogeneous migration of two remote systems from Solaris 9 to AIX 5.3.
- Migrated four systems from IBM branded SAN to new NetApp SAN.
- Upgraded Solution Manager to Enhancement Pack 1 and configured centralized CCMS alerting, Early Watch reporting, standard SLD updates via RZ70, and remote system administration.
- Standardized system profiles across two separate ERP landscapes to better identify performance issues. Established procedures for monitoring systems and managing system copies/migrations.
SAP Basis Consultant
- Internal Basis administrator assisting in the development of client support programs and the setup of SAP NetWeaver ECC systems used for remote sessions.
- Responsible for system security and expanding the internal infrastructure to meet future client support requirements.
- Migrated client systems to new servers in an effort to resolve performance issues.
Independent SAP Basis Consultant
- Responsible for all Basis administration management tasks in a four landscape SAP environment that included ECC 6.0, BI 7.0, XI, and Enterprise Portal.
- Monitored systems via Solution Manager 4.0, applied support packs, imported transports, and managed user/role authorizations.
- Created ASAP testing scenarios for the accounting department prior to the application of support packs into production.
- Generated SAP sourced reports for Sarbanes-Oxley auditors.
- Mentored a Confidential IT staff member who took over all Basis administration tasks.
SAP Basis Administrator
- Transitioned SAP R/3 installations into both a SAN and VMWare based environments.
- Coordinated system administration of SAP/non-SAP systems among a three member team. Incorporated project management software to control upcoming implementations (which included both Solution Manager and ERP 2005).
- Improved data consistency among systems by implementing homogenous system copies utilizing MAX DB backups.
- Installed Gold Client software to further improve data validation testing in the QA environments.
SAP Basis Consultant
- Installed and managed SAP R/3 4.7 and BW 3.5. Ordered server hardware, installed server software (RedHat 2.1), and coordinated with Confidential on the install of the SAP application servers.
- Brought SAP and server based authorizations into compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements (coordinated with internal auditors).
- Installed and upgraded SAP systems (Central Instances, Application Servers, ITS servers, SAProuters, SAPGUI installs) on RedHat Linux.
- Managed the initial hardware/server sizing. Established ALE-IDOC master data transfers between systems.
- Completed multiple in-place upgrades of SAPDB 7.3 to MAXDB 7.5.
- Established quarterly upgrade cycles for service packs and SAP kernels.