- Experience in configuration and testing of FI/CO modules - GL, AR, AP, Fixed Assets, Treasury, Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA), Internal Orders and Profitability Analysis (CO-PA). Product costing (CO-PC) and Special purpose Ledger
- Integration of FI with MM and SD with Procure to Pay and Order to Cash Cycles
- Through understanding of SAP system from business process, cross functional and integration view points
- In-depth knowledge in configuration, implementation, ASAP methodology, system design and development and gathering user requirements
- Extensive experience in Company Code Configuration, Chart of Accounts, Fiscal Year Variant, Posting Period Variant, FunctionalAreas, Financial Statement Version (FSV), Cross-Company Code Transactions and Multi -Currencies.
- Hands on configuration and customization experience in General Ledger (GL), New General Ledger (New GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Asset Accounting (AA), Bank Accounting (BA), Automatic Payment Program (APP), Dunning Special Ledger Transactions and Intercompany Transactions.
- Hands on experience in configuring Vendor Master, House Bank,Automatic Payment Program,Down Paymentsand configuration of Customer Master with SettingTerms of Payment forInstallment payments, Dunning, Interest Calculation, Payment Processing .
- Experience in Controlling areas like Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA), Cost Element Accounting (CO-CEA), Internal Orders (CO-IO), Profit Center Accounting (CO-PCA), Product Costing (CO-PC), Profitability Analysis (CO-PA).
- Extensive Knowledge in configuring Manual Bank Statement, Electronic Bank Statement, Lock Box, ACH Payments, EBS, AP Positive Pay Interface and Bank Reconciliation.
- Experience covers all aspects of Implementation process like Project Evaluation, Requirement Gathering & Design, Complete System Configuration, Testing, End User Training & Production Support.
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Asset Accounting
- Bank Accounting
- Electronic Banks
- Lock Box
- Positive Pay
- Validations & Substitutions
- Report Writer
- Report Painter
- Cost Element Accounting
- Credit Management
- Cost Center Accounting
- Profit Center Accounting
- Profitability Analysis
- Product Costing
- Internal Orders
- ASAP Methodology
- Dispute Management
- Cash Management
- New General Ledger
Confidential, SCOTTSDALE, AZ
SAP FICO FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT
- Designed the business processes using ASAP implementation methodology, collected and analyzed users business requirements, identified and defined areas for improvements, prepared specifications for development, configured, troubleshoot and supported the system users.
- Configured company code which includes configuring the Chart of Accounts, Posting Period Variant, Fiscal Year Variant, Retained Earnings Account, Document Types, Tolerance Groups and Financial Statement Versions.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable (AR) Customer transactions like Master Data, Credit Management, Check Printing, Payment Terms, Cash Applications, Cash Receipts, Lockbox Processing, Mapping Bank Lockbox format with SAP Lockbox format, Customizing payment advice notes on AR, Clearing, Month end and Year end activities.
- Configured Bank Master Data, House Banks, EDI, GL accounts for each Bank Account and Reconciliation accounts for vendors, customers and assets.
- Responsible for modeling of Invoice Processing, Disbursement Run, Check Printing and Bank Reconciliation processes for Accounts Payable (AP).
- Configured Automatic Payment Program for different payment methods like ACH, Wire and Check in AP.
- Responsible for configuring the Dunning program, Interest Calculation on Open Items, Correspondences and Account Statement process, defined the layout and the functional specifications for creating dunning letters which will have the ability to be both mailed and e-mailed.
- Worked on Electronic Bank Statement (EBS) file formats like BAI2, Multi Cash etc. configured the interpretation algorithms, user exits to clear the Customer/Vendor invoices.
- IDOC extensions were created and implemented in order to handle the exchange of customer-required data that was not available in the SAP delivered IDOCS.
- Set up workflow organizational model. Workflow was used to handle errors encountered when processing the IDOCS.
- Extensively worked on Integration of FI with MM and Integration of FI with SD.
- Worked on Logistics Invoice Verification in FI/MM integration and configured Account Determination and Revenue Recognition for FI/SD cycles.
- Maintained Settings for Controlling Areas, activating the components/indicators and assigning the company codes and number ranges to Controlling Areas.
- In Cost Center Accounting (CCA), configured Cost Centers, Primary Cost Elements, Secondary Cost Elements, Order Types, Standard Hierarchy, Settlement Structures and Distribution Cycles.
- Configured the Automatic Write-Off process, which included implementing the BADI for getting Cost Center to the correct reason code.
- In Product Costing (CO-PC), configured the material cost estimate with and without quantity structure, configured cost object controlling, configured WIP calculations, variance calculations, maintained settlement structures, configured costing variants and valuation variants and made assignments.
- Provided functional assistance in the development of Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements and Forms, worked on SAP technology stack.
- Performed analysis of trouble tickets reported by users and develops appropriate solutions
- Provided End-User Training.
SAP FICO FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT
- Interacted with business partners and end users to identify the business requirements, determined the impact to various business areas and documented the findings.
- Prepared business requirement document, functional requirement document, project scoping document, workflow diagrams and business process flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Independently worked in configuring FI sub-areas including GL, AP, AR, New GL and Cost Center, Internal Order and Profit Center in CO area.
- In New General Ledger, maintainedNew GL configurationto create leading and non leading ledger for different reporting purpose, defined currency for leading ledger, defined segment, Document Splitting, Account Assignment types for objects, defined and assigned Accounting principles to ledger group, maintained Chart of Account, created GL accounts, Field Status Group, maintained Financial Statement Version, Manual and Automatic clearing, Recurring Postings, Intercompany reconciliation, Maintained Posting Period Variant.
- In Product Costing (CO-PC), configured the basic settings for the Product Costing with quantity structure.
- Defined Reference accounts and Account assignment models.
- Configured house bank, bank determination and set tolerance according to the company’s tolerance limit, for smooth functioning of Automatic Payment Program (APP).
- Worked onCustomer Analysisincluding days in arrears, payment history, cash discount overview and credit limit display.
- ConfiguredManualandElectronicBank Statements (EBS) like defining the account symbols, assigning the account symbols to the g/l accounts, defining the posting key, assigning the posting key to external transaction.
- Worked in electronic bank reconciliation in EBS file formats like BAI, multi cash etc.
- Worked on the errors that happen when configuring the implementation rules in EBS, implementation and supporting experience in EBS.
- Worked with ABAP consultants and designed functional & technical specs for various interfaces in FICO.
- Worked On deferred revenue postings and worked on Standard revenue recognition, Time-based revenue recognition and Event-based (service-oriented) revenue recognition.
- Worked with the Material Management (MM) team for integration of FI with the MM module.
- Developed multiple derivation strategies and table look-ups in line with business requirements of reporting based on product lines, business lines, product hierarchy, country of origin, ship to party, trading partner and configured valuation using conditions of characteristics.
- Experience in BAPI, ALE, IDOC and Interfaces with Legacy and other third party software.
- Data Migration: Expertise in migrating and converting data from legacy system to SAP and vice versa using BDC and LSMW using IDOCS.
- Configured Controlling areas, Cost Center and profit center hierarchies and CO object assignments, Substitution and Validations. Defined, settlement profile, settlement structure and cost elements for internal order settlements.
- Worked on handlingTangible Assetswithdirect capitalizationwhich included creating, planning& budgeting ofinternal order, acquiring asset and analyzing the internal order.
- InProfitability Analysis(CO-PA)configured operating concernfor costing based Profitability analysis, maintained CO version, definedcharacteristics,value fieldsand attributes, Assignment of relevant value fields to SD condition typesfor online transfer of billing documents data to CO-PA, configured the derivation structure and rule for characteristics and created reports as per client requirements.
- Tax configuration, assigned country to calculation procedure, and define taxes on sale and purchase. Created reports with the lists of payment history made to owners for 1099 tax and reporting to the concerned departments.
- Maintenance of budget profile, planning profile and planning versions in controlling.
- Unit Testing - Complete Unit testing of FI-GL, FI-AP, FI-AA, CO-CCA, CO-PC.
- Integration Testing - Complete business cycles across sub-modules were tested, in conjunction with the users and Core Team representatives from the client side.
- Provided end user training and documentation.