- SAP Business and Information Technology professional with over 9+ years of experience in various industries and technology sectors.
- Excellent track record of returning quantifiable benefits to small and large organizations. Areas of specialties are SAP/ERP implementations, SAP best practices, proof of concepts, process reengineering, and supply chain initiatives and systems integration projects.
- Highly effective in roles requiring technical leadership, business analysis, project planning and task management. Exceptionally versatile at interacting varied audiences, business customers.
- Extensive experience with preparing functional and technical specs, user manuals, production support, troubleshoots tickets and developing various reports for users.
- Expert in gap - analysis- As Is/To Be, Blue Printing, Prototyping, Detailed Configuration, Training, Documentation, Testing, Data uploading, Go-Live implementation, Post Go-Live support.
- Experienced in Agile and ASAP methodology, conducted workshops with IT and Business stakeholders.
- Consistently referred to as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), “Go-To” person and an “A player” in the areas of Materials Management, Inventory Management, Logistics Execution - Warehouse Management with Storage Unit management, Sales and Distribution, Variant Configuration, ALE/ EDI Interfaces, Workflow, SAP Query, Production planning and have knowledge in FICO and APO TPVS.
- Played a key role in all phases of SAP R/3 projects with good knowledge of cross functional modules such as, Sales and Distribution, Material Management, Inventory Management, Quality Management, and Production Planning and the use of ABAP to enhance, extract the data from, and customize these modules
- Experienced in MM and IM module - Purchase Master Data, Info Records, Source List, MRP, Purchase Requisition, RFQ, Quotation, Outline Agreements - Contracts and Scheduling Agreements, Purchase Order, Goods Receipt, Release procedures, Pricing procedure, Condition Types, Accruals, Freight cost, Direct shipment, Messages, Goods Issue, Transfer Postings, Material Movements. Reservation, Stock Transfer, Logistics Invoice Verification with freight costs, Account Determination, Vendor Evaluation, Physical Inventory (IM and WM) and CBP, Subcontracting, Consignment, Third party, Pipeline.
- Experienced in Warehouse Management module - Warehouse structure, warehouse master data, material movements, storage type and bin search strategies, put away and picking strategies, transfer requirement, posting change notice, Auto transfer order, confirmations, cross docking, replenishment, cycle count/ physical counts, storage unit management, Shipment, Shipment Cost Documents, RF menu management, RF devices, cutover conversion, go-live support, post go-live support and ticket solving, identifying issues in business process/ work step instructions and ABAP code and actively working in system enhancements.
- Extensive knowledge in ABAP/ 4 programming language in Function modules, BADI, User exits, SMARTFORMS, VOFM routines, Object Oriented Programming, templates publishing for RF transactions. Strong debugging skills in old and new debugger.
- Through understanding of Order-to-Cash (OTC) and Procure-to-Pay (P2P) processes.
- Strong knowledge in configuring integration between the different modules of SAP
- Knowledge in Variant Configuration & APO TPVS module for shipment transportation
- Experienced in documentation and user training sessions.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Worked on the blueprint documents, requirements gathering, gap - analysis as per ASAP methodology.
- Configured Material Master Records: Created screen sequences, field selection for data screens, industry sectors, material types, number ranges, material groups, etc.
- Configured material type attributes and assigned number ranges
- Configured Material Master with default data for purchasing documents using purchasing value key.
- Configured Vendor Master Records: Created vendor account groups, number ranges incoterms, text types, purchasing groups, partner determination.
- Configured Purchasing info records, RFQ/Quotation, purchase requisition, purchase orders, and scheduling agreements.
- Customized the price determination process by defining condition types, access sequences.
- Configured calculation of schemas for various business scenarios and schema determination using condition techniques. Configured schema group using schema vendor and purchase organization. Assigned schema purchase organization, to plant and schema vendor to schema group.
- Involved in EDI/IDOCS and various customized IDOC’s for inbound and outbound interfaces
- Involved in complete Order-to-Cash (OTC) process and processing of Sales Order.
- Configured special stocks in Inventory Management for subcontracting, third-party and consignment materials
- Configured and worked with stock transfer orders and transfer postings.
- Configured integration between MM and other critical modules like FI-CO, SD, PP.
- Designed organizational hierarchies involving Global organizations.
- Configured SAP interface process to communicate with global systems .
- The different heads like revenue, freight, rebate accrual, rebate clearing & tax that were defined were assigned to the respective G/L accounts for account determination
- Configured Inventory Management parameters for all goods movements like goods receipts, goods issues, reservations, GR for blocked stock, goods returns etc, maintained all cycle counting and physical inventory controls.
- Setup release procedure for purchasing documents. Involved in interfacing of WM with IM, configuration of Shipping and Production
- Prepared master data from legacy system for transfer to SAP environment. Configured Message Types for Purchase Order.
- Configured WM structure by defining storage types, storage sections, storage bins, quants, doors etc.
- Defined Put away and Picking strategies and the system was configured for automatic generation of transfer requirements and transfer orders
- Worked on tax code determination, setting tax indicator for material, setting and assigning tax indicator for plant and account assignment.
- Experience in working with different unit of measures like Pounds (LB), Tons (TON), Pallet (PAL), Cartons (CTN).
- Prepared test clients for unit test and IUT by deleting the previous transactional data such as open deliveries, shipments, open ASNs, Clearing in-transit stock in MB5T, setting DCI in purchase order and etc.
- Developed report requirements using SAP Query in SQ00, SQ01 and SQ02 . Assigned transaction code to SAP Query and transported the program.
- Extensively used LSMW and ECATT in SAP, Excel and Access tools to speed up the time bound data conversion process.
- Experienced in level 2 Supports and resolves user production issues via problem analysis, identifying if application issues are related to data, application configuration or bugs in the vendor or custom software.
- Communicated and resolved by working with internal development team.
- Provided off-hours operational support as needed for large implementations as SAP IT support
- Knowledge of Supply Chain & Business Processes of Industries. Worked in different Business Division & Industries for SAP R/3 Implementation
- Worked in sustain of project solving tickets, providing workaround solutions and reducing the severity of issues, identifying bugs and recommending solutions, develop solutions, test and move to production.
- Experienced in system documentation and conducted end user training sessions.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for full cycle implementation of MM module: project preparation, business blueprint with gap analysis, realization, and final preparation and finally go live & support using ASAP methodology.
- Prepared a detailed document of AS - IS study and developed the detailed TO-BE objectives.
- Defined purchase organization and storage locations, assigned purchasing organization to company codes and plants, assigned plants to company code.
- Configured the Master Data: Created material groups, setup quantity, value, valuation control, valuation area grouping and valuation classes.
- Configured the Material Master Data (material groups, material types, field selection groups) and Vendor Master Data (field status for vendor account groups, partner determination schema, account groups, partner functions).
- Configured pricing condition. Defined Pricing elements Calculation schema with condition types, condition records and access sequences.
- Configured invoice verification for procurements- invoice entering, parking, canceling, releasing, settlement.
- Worked on GI/GR for purchase orders, sales order, stock transfer and transfer posting.
- Configured the Inventory Management of goods at the points of receipt and issue for special stocks viz. consignment, pipeline, stock transfers, returnable transport packaging, third-party and sub-contracting.
- Inventory Management: Managed material stock by quantity/value, goods issue, stock movement documentation/ quality inspection/ reservation/ physical inventory, stock transfer and transfer posting.
- Verified Materials Management module configuration with populating data for complete business cycle by generating PR, RFQ/Quotation, contracts, scheduling agreements, PO, GR/GI, invoice verification and purchase info records.
- Inventory Management: Designed and configured all IM processes in SAP R/3 managing material stock by quantity, by value, goods issue, stock movement documentation/reservation/quantity inspection/ physical inventory. Maintained Goods Receipts Tolerance Limits.
- Created default values for Inventory Management. Configured storage and issue of company owned, and vendor consigned inventory of plant maintenance parts and supplies with stock determination strategies based on stock types, and storage locations
- Configured and utilized movement types, cycle counting the physical inventory, and posting the count variance.
- Worked on WM and IM movement types to meet the required functionality with the end users that involve some custom movement types.
- Configured all warehouse locations in master data. Configured advanced automation for transfer orders and post goods issue process.
- Organized initiative to collect standardized pallet data and other master data related to storage unit type (SUT) and quantity of picking lots.
- Configured the initial SAP RF configuration for the SAP Console installment. Extensively used SAP Query for different functional area.
- Tested the warehouse configuration for integration with other SAP modules. Defined storage practices for hazardous materials, removal strategies for FIFO, LIFO.
- Develop, design, and implement new Barcode Labels and Forms, using third-party Barcode software Involved in Bar-coding systems for the incoming and outgoing warehouse inventory.
- Configured the system to optimize material flow using different put away and picking strategies, parameters for warehouse number, number ranges for transfer requirement and transfer order
- Worked closely with ABAP/4 consultants to develop new structure of reports and changes in the screen layouts with a good knowledge of user exits.
SAP R/3 Version 4.6C
- Responsible for day-to-day production activities.
- Preparation of budget for the operations and getting approval from the top management.
- Designed or re-designed virtually every process in procurement and inventory to match best practices, and improve enterprise efficiency.
- Set up of Enterprise Structure related to MM Storage locations and purchasing organizations.
- Assigned purchasing organizations to company codes and plants for newly acquired.
- Purchasing and Master Data: Taking care of maintenance job, which involved, clean up of master data (material master and vendor master) for data redundancy and improved PR and PO release procedures and strategies.
- Identified error causes and error recoveries for incorrect performance of some material movements. Configured new material movements, for under and extra deliveries.
- Provided production support for the physical inventory (cycle counting) process.
- Generated reports using SAP Queries and provided functional specs for custom reports that helped management in decision making and minimizing the inventory.
- Configuration and customization of new output types and output determination procedures for GR.
- Developed training materials, handouts, and delivered the training.
Confidential, Chardon, OH
SAP R/3 4.7
- Mapping the enterprise structure to SAP R/3 4.7 organizational units.
- Integrated the ASAP roadmap with enterprise structure .Involved in data gathering for Material Management.
- Involved in AS-IS and TO-BE workshops to gather business requirements to map the existing legacy system into SAP R/3 system.
- Carried out GAP analysis and produced Business Blueprint documents that fulfilled the following requirements: reporting, interface, conversion, enhancement and authorization.
- Configured Material master with default data for purchasing documents using purchase value keys.
- Configured vendor master records and modified the settings for vendor evaluation.
- Set up the plant parameters for inventory management.
- Implemented MM purchase-to-pay cycle configuration. Configured purchase requisitions and automated purchase ordering process based on info records, and extensive use of scheduling agreements.
- Created and configured price determination process, schema determination using condition technique.
- Created statistical conditions for price comparison without altering the material procurement prices and inventory valuation.
- Worked on WM and IM movement types to meet the required functionality with the end users. Configured all the movement types - Stock transfer and Transfer posting (with special stock types).
- Configured the settings for material documents (controlled by number range & year) and GR / IR slips and linked the accounting document type to the goods movement.
- Extensively worked on Goods Returns, Shortage of Material supplies and damaged goods. .
- IM process including Goods Receipt, Damaged Goods/Discrepancy Goods Receipt from Production, Inter-warehouse transfer, Storage Location to Storage Location Transfer, Provision for Stock, End of Period Valuation and Period End Closing.
- Performed unit testing, integration testing in MM, WM and IM. Prepared for the Go-Live project.
- Developed and built training database and was also involved in end user training. Resolved the post implementation issues and provided post-live support.
Confidential, Nazareth, PA
SAP R/3 4.7
- Configuration and customization of material master, creating new material types, valuation classes, account category references, split valuation and involved in maintaining field status for material master records.
- Configured vendor master data.
- Configuration and customization of purchasing -RFQ-quotations, purchase requisitions, purchase orders (MRP/Third Party), outline agreements, release procedures, purchase information records, contract (value/contract), scheduling agreement, goods receipt, vendor evaluation.
- Configured the system to take care of inter company stock transfer with billing and handling of special stock like sub-contracting, consignment stock, returnable transport packaging, third party processing & sales order stock.
- Created and customized calculation schema with condition types, condition records and access sequences.
- Configured message types for purchase order. Configured the physical inventory settings for cycle counting.
- Mass maintenance of purchase orders & purchase requisitions.
- Documented functional scripts, technical scripts in MM and WM. Developed test scripts using Load Runner for load testing.
- Worked closely with Inventory Management and Warehouse Management to provide appropriate movements for the materials in-bound and outbound.
- Interfaced IM & WM for direct transfer order confirmations against material documents
- Performed and tested integration with WM and SD. Documented user manuals and trained the users.
SAP R/3 4.6C
- Involved in the diagnostic studies for implementing ERP integration tool.
- Performed GAP analysis, 'AS IS' & 'TO BE' processes, BPR studies, and flow chart documentation, presentation to the management team. Designed, described functional specifications for various interface.
- Planned, conceptual design, configuration, prototype presentation, testing and documentation of user manuals of SAP MM WM module.
- Configured and customized master data - material master, vendor master, info records, source lists, vendor evaluation, contracts, scheduling agreements.
- Established whole procurement cycle from automatic creation of requisition from MRP to invoice verification.
- Identified the approvals for purchasing documents- requisitions, contracts, and purchase orders.
- Developed workflow for SAP-MM WM-PO/PR to provide confirmations to purchasing and finance personnel.
- Configuring Inventory Management Parameters for all Goods movements like Goods Receipts, Goods Issues, Reservations, and GR for blocked stock, Goods returns etc.
- Implemented MM module coordinating between ABAP/4 programmers and consultants from cross-functional modules. Customized Physical Inventory documents and posting of the difference using cycle counting.
- Configuring special stocks in Inventory management for Subcontracting, and Consignment materials.
- Created vendor performance report that lists vendor name, materials supplied, planned & actual delivery times, payment terms and prices.
- Involved in preparation of customization documents, user manuals and knowledge transfer to end-users.
SAP R/3 4.7 to ECC 6.0
- Responsible for the design and configuration for an upgrade from version 4.7 to version ECC 6.0 of SAP for the MM/IM and WM as they relate to the FI/CO, PP and SD modules.
- Designed and configured SAP Materials Management (MM) with integration to Sales/Distribution (SD) and Warehouse Management (WM) /Inventory Management (IM) system.
- Work with the development team to configure SAP to meet the requirements of current processes. Provide Management with gap analysis.
- Configured reference purchasing organization and assigned different purchasing organizations.
- Modified pricing procedures that were defined in 4.7. Updated release procedure for purchase requisition as per the new values.
- Configured invoice verification for procurements.
- Inventory Management: Designed and configured all IM processes in SAP R/3 managing material stock by quantity, by value, goods issue, stock movement documentation/reservation/ physical inventory.
- Implementing Warehouse Management (WM): planning, design, development, configuration, warehouse capacity