- He is a SAP BASIS/HANA Certified hands - on consultant with Strong HANA, Database, UNIX(AIX, Linux,HP, Solaris)) and SAP Cloud background.
- Specialized in large complex SAP implementations, landscape conversions, upgrades, SAP systems migrations(OS/DB), Using DMO, SAP Cloud Migrations for large & complex SAP infrastructures, SAP Data Center migrations to AWS and SAP Public Cloud .
- He provides technology & Architectural leadership, strategic direction and long-term vision for the SAP infrastructure and investment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Environment Architecture
- Technology Architecture & Sizing
- Release Management
- Landscape Optimization
- Support Stack Management
- Client refresh
- Environment builds
- Landscape/Environment refreshes
- SAP Upgrades
- OS & database Administration
- OS/DB & Hardware Migrations
- Unicode conversions
- Database upgrades
- Enhancement packs
- Performance analysis and tuning
- End to end implementation and project support
- High Availability & SLA management
- Backup & recovery Management
- DR & Business Continuity
- Storage & Array Management for SAP
- Archiving Solutions including DT
- Audit/Compliance Management
- Localization Support
- ITIL processes and procedures
- SAP New Implementations
- SAP Operational Support
- ABAP and Java stack administration
- SAP Security
- Single Sign on(SSO)& NW IDM
- SAP portal installation and support
- Solution Manager Setup
- Technical Monitoring
- Charm (Change Management)
- Batch Management
- SAP Component Builds & Support
- Process Orchestration
- Integrations & Legacy architecture
- Data center consolidation
- Cloud migration Services(AWS,AZURE, TDI)
- Analytics & Data Conversions
- HANA TDI Technologies
- HANA Installations & Conversions
- HANA Architecture and Strategy
- HANA Migrations(DMO) & Support
- Data Volume Management
- MCOD and MDC strategies
- S4HANA build & Configuration
HARDWARE: Sun Enterprise 450, Dell Power Edge, Confidential, HP, Sun Sparc, Compaq Alpha, VBlock
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Linux RHEL, Linux SUSE, Windows, Unix AIX, Sun Solaris, HP-UX
SAP APPLICATION: SOH, BOH, S4HANA, B4HANA, SLT, SAP ERP (TMS, TP, STMS, CUA, CTS, IS-Auto, IS-U), SAP BW,HCM SAP APO, Solman, PO, SRM, GTS, TMS,GRC AC, WBD, ADS, SAP EP & CRM, BOBI, BODS
LANG/ TECH: ABAP, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Script, R Server
THIRD PARTY: Topcall, Vistex, Vertex, Tibco
DATABASES: HANA, Sybase ASE, Oracle 9.x, MS SQL Server 6.5, DB2 UDB 10.x
FRONTENDS: SAPGUI, FIORI, SAPGUI S4HANA, GUIXD, SAP Thin Client
METHODOLOGY: SAP Activate, Value SAP, ASAP, SCRUM
CLOUD OPTIONS: IAAS, Managed Services, SAAS & PAAS
ClOUD ENVIRONMENTS: AWS, AZURE, Confidential, SAP Cloud Platform
SIZING TOOLS: HANA Sizing, SAP Quick Sizer, Confidential Insight, SAP EWA Eval, SAP HP Sizing Tool, SPLUNK SERVERS Confidential P Series, HP ProLiant, CISCO UCS, SUN SPARC, VMware
STORAGE: EMC, NETAPP, Confidential Enterprise Storage
TOOLS: RMAN, Confidential TSM, INFO PRINT, OPEN SPOOL, NETAPP Cloning & Snapshots, HANA Life Cycle Manager
SAP BASIS Architect
- S4HANA sizing for greenfield Implementation including Infrastructure, provisioning for 2 tier Architecture.
- Fiori Architecture for Central HB requirement including Standard and Custom add-ons.
- Web Dispatcher and Gateway sizing for Fiori Central HUB
- Solution Manager MDC architecture with HANA sizing.
- PO sizing for NW7.5 including SFTP, BPM and message monitoring.
- HCI Architecture with Master slave configuration for supporting SuccessFactors integration.
- Landscape Optimization for Tier level sizing environment scope for above components.
- S4HANA Installation 1610 on HANA 2.0 system using Scale-up.
- Planning and execution of HANA migration.
- Deployed add-ons (list)
- Central Fiori 2.0 Installation with corresponding add-ons
- Installed and Configured Web Dispatcher for Fiori Including SSO/SAML2.0 .
- Configured Gateway for FIORI installation.
- Solman 7.2 Upgrade and migration to HANA 2.0 using MDC.
- Complete Post Installation and Solman Setup.
SAP BASIS Architect
- CAP Planning strategy includes pre-evaluation, scoping, HA and DR enablement with RPO/RTO & SLA’s
- SAP Archiecture evaluation, Sytem Landscape design, Landscape Optimization
- HANA sizing, Scope,DMO approach, data migration scenario’s
- ASIS footprint review, sizing recommendations, Backup approach & configuation
- SAP Basis Technology review, release & change managent, Upgrade/Conversion Strategies
- SAP Basis, Solman 7.1/7.2 upgrade & migration on to HANA and post implementation & enhancements,configurations.
SAP HANA Engineer/Architect
- Technical Planning, Installation, Upgrades with Technical proficiency in Linux Redhat/Suse and Database
- Implementation of S/4HANA 1511/1610 using SAP Activate methodology
- Planning strategy includes pre-evaluation, scoping, sizing, HA and DR enablement
- Evaluate predefined SLAs for DR with RPO/RTO commitments
- Design, Architect and Install HANA TDI Scale-out/Scale-up envirments per customer specific requirements with Shared and non-shared storage environments
- Advice an adopt SAP’s Best practice and reference architecture recommendations for core digital transformation
- Provide multiple HANA design models to accommodate architecture frame work
- Provide guidance and assistance on LOG and DATA management strategies
- Installation and configuration of S4HANA 1511/1610 on VBLOCK systems
- Provide recommendations on Storage architecture for DT and Long Term Archiving planning
- Advice Customers on Configuration approaches for HANA databases within MCOD and MDC
- Analyze Data Volume and Load patterns to device Optimal Storage Architecture.
SAP BASIS Techincal Architect
- Amazon AWS S4HANA 1511 deployment strategies, Conversion Options, DMO, Migration approaches & Planning.
- S4HANA installation and Configuration, BSR review, backup and Restore options.
- HANA Sizing & Solution application scope validation, SAP infrastructure architecture.
- Build Scenarios on HANA Scale out/Scale up Installation Options.
- HCP and HCI evaluation for Public Cloud usign Success Factors and Ariba.
Confidential, New York
Lead - Technical Basis Tech Arch
- Implementation of SAP TELESKAR SAP new program at Confidential global.
- Onsite Lead consultant in Support and implementation projects. Liaison with Customer management team, providing thought leadership, strategy and best practice recommendations, based on collaborative
- Understanding of business processes within the Basis and technology architecture.
- As a Lead Consultant responsible for problem and change management as well as support of 24/7 on Call for Basis related activities in SAP ERP, SAP HANA/BW, SAP PI, SAP GTS, SAP APO, SOLMAN, and SAP portal systems for the customer. Manage delivery and reporting of SAP Basis/Application performance, resource statistics, and metrics via a system health report on a Monthly schedule.
- HANA1.0 Installation, Migration including architecture and design review.
- Installed and configured SAP HANA 1.0 SPS08 with BW standalone, TDI .
- Successfully migrated BW/NW7.3 Landscape to HANA SPS08 using SUM/DMO with ‘Rapid Upgrade & DB migration target release NW7.4
- Configure and Test 4 node HANA distributed environment for main BW production system.
- Configure, Test Hana System replication for production system .
- Configured HANA Studio & Cockpit.
- Optimized System configuration parameters as per the Landscape needs.
- Configured & tested Log and DB backups using Confidential Tivoli Storage Manager.
- S/4HANA: Install and configure On premise 1511 and configure POC box .
- New implementation for NA supply, demand & forecasting.
- Strategized, Build & Configure Infrastructure for Development, Quality and Production environmen usingNW 7.3 Platform & integrated with ERP, BI systems.
- Built, configured CTM, Optimizer and Livecache on Dev, QA and Production environment .
- As part of implementation/go-live, strategized & meeting the requirements for System refreshes, clientcopies and consistency check.
- As Part of Big-Bang upgrade, strategized and upgraded entire APO landscape to 7.4 .
- Install, configure, Optimize SNC, Live cache, CTM, Optimizer, EM & TM across landscape.
- Setup & configure test system environment for CIF data Integration and implementation of best testresults in production environment.BIG-BANG SAP Upgrade & Cloud migration project:
- Successfully implemented and executed Upgrade project within the scope of (ECC/Ehp7, PI 7.3/Ehp1,APO/7.3, GTS/10.0, Redhat7.1, DB2 10.X, Solman) using single down time window. This project includesSAP Ehp, DB2, OS upgrades and Cloud Migration on all Prod Landscape systems.SAP Infra Cloud Migration:
- Completed 3 cloud migrations on Development, Test and QA & Production environments using parallelsplit-brain technic with very limited down time.Demand based Activities.
- Build, Configured, Deployed GTS landscape (Dev, QA, Training, production) integrating with ERP systems.
- DB2 UDB Database version upgrade from current 9.x to 10.x
- Assisted on ChaRM implementation project for Release management team
- System builds/Landscape setup of N+1 and N+2 environments for EMEA & ASIA specific Go live
- SAP Language implementation for EMEA/ASIA specific region
- Supported hardware team on High Availability testing for all SAP production systems
- Supported Landscape Optimization, Landscape consolidation project for SAP systems within the Cost center budgeting initiative
- Assisted and supported on year end closing for financial and Sales management teams
- Supported BI team on a initiative to consolidate and optimize BI cube level & DSO data
- Assisted data conversion team on data mapping/loading and performance tuning exercise
- Supported DR Drill exercise for SAP production systems including RPO/RTO & SLA validation
- Supported Proof of concept for OS upgrades & DB2 UDB version enhancements
- Some of the day to day activities include
- System Builds, System Refreshes, technical planning and landscape optimization
- Configure SAP landscape for all SAP systems including SOLMAN
- Performance tuning and Monitoring via technical Monitor
- Batch Management and configuration of critical jobs
- Troubleshoot Printing issues & Spool Management
- Release management effort via CHaRM and TMS
- Interface tracking via PO through channel monitoring
- UNIX/SQL custom scripts as per the environment requirement.
Environment: s in Scope: SAP Components: SAP ECC, SAP BI, SAP GTS,APO,TREX, PORTAL, BOE, SOLMAN,PI, VERTEX, Confidential ExpressGRC, SAP Redwood, HANA, VISTEX. Live cache, Optimizers (CTM), SLD, HANA Life Cycle Manager, SUMQuick Sizer, DMO, GRC, IDM, BIZ TALK, B2B, eCommerce, Blue Sky, Confidential DB2 UDB 9.7/10.x, Oracle, Sybase
ConfidentialSAP WEB AS Java/SAP NetWeaver
- SAP Enterprise PORTAL, CRM, PI, Business Warehouse Configuration of SAP NetWeaver Java Development Infrastructure, Component Model, Software Deployment Manager, Design Time Repository, Component Build Service, and complete Change Management System (CMS) setup. SLD definition, Export/import, SSL/ SSO configuration for portal systems to backend SAP servers. Certificate exchange for third party configuration.
- Prepare Execution and R3load process configuration, Upgraded SAP systems, SAP patches, Upgrade strategy planning, Managing SPAU, SPDD Modifications. Post Upgrade activities, Database, SAP application Performance tuning. Upgrades from R/3 4.7 to ECC 6.0 and BI 3.1C to BI 7.0
- Pre Conversion checks, Unicode Migration, SPUMG Validation, Language validation via distmon with parallel app servers of 3TB DB size, packet splitting, Name tab conversion, database export, database installations, Re-installation of system using Export Dump.
- Unicode migrations from BI 7.0 NUC to BI 7.0 UC and dual upgrade and migration to UC R/3 4.7 to ECC 6.0
- Setting up of Backup and recovery processes, Tape management, Tivoli Storage Manger configuration for Database and OS file systems, DB2 backup and restore procedures, offsite data maintenance, TSM Upgrades, Offsite SAP DRM test. Two Successful DRM tests completed at Confidential offsite location Sterling Forest, NY.
- LVM management, JFS/JFS2/NFS file system management across the SAP platform. Size and configure SAP application servers. Based Application demand, planned resource allocation by using HMC DLPAR and CUOD.
- Worked with OS and Storage teams intensively and achieved best performance results by Locating SAP tables spaces with high data hit ratios, poor performance areas and move them to high performance ESS LUNs through dedicated SAN zoning Configuring after configuring dedicated Volume Groups for DB2 table spaces using RAW devices.
- Installed and Configured SAP CRM using Java and Abap.
- New Implementation integrating with ERP and BW systems for NA business forecasting .Install, configure, optimize SAP SCM 7.0 with 3 systems landscape .
- Installation of Solution Manager 4.0, Experience on Solution Optimizer, Solution Monitoring, Change Management, Solution desk, early watch alerts, Central SLD configuration. Technical Monitoring configuration for ABAP/Java & Dual Stack Systems including PI. Configuration of Maintenance Optimizer, Diagnostic and Host agent’s deployment on Satellite systems.
- Designed R/3 Role based and BI Reporting security model for Confidential Global Inc. Work with Internal and External Auditors for SOX Audit and Identify SOD’s and Mitigation controls. License Management, SSO, SAP GRC VIRSA compliance Calibrator, and Fire Fighter setup/configurations.
- System Configuration setups, Change Management, Process Scheduling, Background processing, Spool system, Customization and Workbench development, System Workload and Buffer monitoring, working with CCMS Tools., Analyzing the Short dumps, System logs and Buffer statistics, Maintenance of SAP-Profile management, Monitoring Buffers, All Database and OS Activities, Troubleshooting and performance Tuning, Database Administration, Homogenous system copies. Database Upgrades, Database Fix packs, Operating systems support, Operating systems upgrades, Hardware Migrations, Homogenous and Heterogeneous migrations, SAP Security, Portal Maintenance, SSO, SAPGUI maintenance, Front-end Patches.
Technologies: AIX, HP, SOLARIS, WINDOWS, DB2 UDB, ORACLE, TAXWARE, TOPCALL, HORIZON (TIDAL), SAP GRC VIRSA, R/3 4.7, ECC6.0, BI 3.1, BI 7.0,EP 7.0,SAGUI 710,BARCODE, ALE EDI, SAP PRINTING, Confidential Pseries, HP ENTERPRICE SERVERS & STORAGE, HMCs, DLPARS, VIRTUALIZATION, Confidential TSM, Confidential ENTERPRISE STORAGE SERVER, SAN.
SAP BASIS consultant
- Installation of the O/S and configuration of the RAID for data security., Installation of the Database and the SAP 4.6C Software., Setting up of the Development, Sandbox and Production Environments, Configuring of the Transport System., Setting up of the SAP Routers and Administration., Installation of the ITS Server for using WEBGUI. Creation of Users, Roles and Authorizations.
Technologies: SAP 4.6C, Oracle8.0, SQL SERVER 7.0, SUN Solaris6, SUN Enterprise Machines.
- Applied patches using adpatch utility
- Configured OEM and created Jobs and Events to monitor production and standby databases
- Architecture and Space management for future requirements
- Used Oracle utilities like, Imports, Exports
- Refresh the test database on need basis from the production database for any testing
- Implemented Cold and Hot backup procedures for all Oracle databases. Automated Backup
- Procedures using Windows Scheduler
Technologies: Oracle 7.x/8.x, RMAN,HITACHI XP256 Frame, HP9000/800 N-Class & K-class servers with SAP application, Veritas Netbackup 3.4, Veritas Volume Manager 3.0.4, Brocade Silkworm 2800, HP net servers, Storage Tk L700 Tape Library, STK 9840 drives.