- SAP FICO Lead Consultant, having 10 years of experience in SAP R/3/, BI/BW Business Objects
- Have worked on projects providing end-to-end solution, which include Blue printing, implementation / Realization, Post Go Live support, Integration testing involving multiple Interfaces, Month end Production Support, Financial Analyst, migration from Legacy system to SAP, Bank interface projects in SAP FICO SAP BW
- Four full life cycle implementations including Global Implementations
- 4 years of functional experience in the areas of Finance, Taxation and Audit.
- Customization experience in various areas of FICO modules including organization structure, Basic settings global settings, maintaining Fiscal year variant posting period variants. Creating and configuring of document types, posting keys defining document number ranges.
- Creating and configuring Chart of Accounts, Account groups, General Ledger accounts master data, field status groups and tolerance groups for GL accounts, Defining multiple currencies / parallel currencies etc.
- Accounts Receivables and Payables: Configuration of customer master and vendor master data in FI, Account groups, Number ranges, and document types for posting validation of business transactions. Creation of dunning program for reminder to customers with different dunning levels, setting up of Automatic payment program configurations, Down payments other special GL transactions, Foreign currency valuations etc..
- Configuring cash Journal, creating house banks and configuring Bank reconciliation statements.
- Configuring financial statement versions as per Client requirement.
- Asset Accounting: Creation of Chart of Depreciation, Defining Assets class, Account determination, creation of asset, Retirement of assets configuration settings for Depreciation run.
- Carried out Post Go-live support activities and Month end support activities.
- Good understanding of ASAP implementation methodology.
- Very good understanding of the full lifecycle of the implementation of Finance modules, right from the conception stage to go-live and support activities.
- Involved in configuration of Closing Cockpit for financial closing process. This involves setting up the Organizational hierarchies, creation of Template, creating tasks, defining dependencies, creating Task lists and releasing task lists.
- Involved in Setting up of Controlling area, Setting up of Master data of Cost Elements, Cost centers, Profit Centers, Internal Orders and Cost center Profit center Groups.
- Involved in setting up of PCA Revenue Account Assignments, PCA Derivative rules.
- Involved in configuring Product Costing Product cost planning Cost Object controlling and Profitability Analysis modules
- Have worked on Production Support and development role of Offshore Overseas client having operations in several countries.
- Worked on Migration project where the company code is migrated from one SAP client to another SAP client system.
- Worked on configuration of New GL functionalities such as setting up of parallel valuations using Leading ledger Non leading ledgers, customization of document splitting and Foreign currency valuations etc..
- Knowledge on migration from classic GL to New GL
- Knowledge on Integration of FICO modules with SRM CRM modules.
- Worked on Tax interfaces Vertex and Taxware
- Worked on Financial supply chain modules Credit Management and Dispute management and have knowledge in Collections Management.
- Good Knowledge on BW module on Modeling, Extraction and Reporting.
- Good Knowledge on Data source, Info sources, Info Cubes, ODS Objects, Update Rules and Transfer Rules
- Knowledge on set up of BEX queries
- Actively involved in pre-sales activities
- Good understanding of ABAP objects including Data structures, ABAP dictionary, Message classes, Program Types, Modularization techniques, Reports, Scripts Forms, User Exits, BADIs BAPIs.
- Good understanding of Debugging Techniques.
- Knowledge in Consolidation module of SAP R/3 system.
- Worked on Interfaces with Master data such as GL Master, customer master, Vendor master, Cost center, Profit center etc. for loading from different external systems to SAP system.
- Worked on Foreign currency valuations involving multiple currencies and setting up valuation methods and Valuation areas.
SAP BW FICO Functional consultant
- Involved in managing demand for Global Financial reporting, evaluating business requirements for reports and evaluating relevant technologies SAP ABAP / BW or other third party tools like spot fire and prioritizing requirements for Finance stream.
- Involved in gathering requirements from business users on various reporting requirements by participating workshops
- Involved in preparing Functional specifications and technical documents for Enhancements and new reports in SAP FICO, BI and BOBJ.
- Understanding and evaluating FICO configurations and developments and existing BI business content to determine configuration/custom changes required for developing finance reports.
- Major reports worked in SAP BI includes:
- Extraction of SAP External tax tables data from ECC system to BI open hub and then to Teradata for spot fire reporting
- Intercompany revenue Reconciliation report which involves extraction and reconciliation of Selling Company and purchasing companies
- Product profitability Allocation reports Monthly Quarterly which involves determining Material Profitability and allocation of unassigned costs to materials,
- Material Cost break down report
- Gross To Net Profitability analysis reports which involves mapping and extraction of ECC Profitability analysis module data COPA to SAP BW
- Involved in preparing Testing strategies testing methodology and preparation of test scripts for new reports enhancements developed in BI
- Managing Hyper care support post go live support for the new reports and bug fixes and handing over to Production support team
- Involved in understanding requirements from business users by attending workshops and preparing functional technical specifications and testing of dashboards in Business objects BOBJ which includes Sales Dashboard, Pricing dashboard Integrated dashboards
- Good understanding of data in BPC Finance space and using BPC Finance data to produce data in the form of Executive dashboards in the Business Objects
- Involved in understanding business requirements and preparing Functional technical specifications for developing reports in Business Objects using WEBI Query tools for Intercompany Revenue Reconciliation reports
SAP FICO Lead Consultant
- Involved in resolving issues during Month End closing and Reporting performed by Finance and Controlling users.
- Involved in Production support and Maintenance of SAP Finance and Controlling modules
- Involved in design of new Enhancements / developments in Finance and Controlling modules
- Involved in proving solutions / clarifications on day to day activities performed by Business users and super users
- Involved in performing in Configurations, Testing and supporting UAT activities pertaining to change Requests / Incidents pertaining to Finance and Controlling modules
- Involved in resolving issues related to General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Banking, Asset Management, Cost center Accounting, Profit center Accounting, Product costing Process orders PP-PI Profitability Analysis modules.
- Involved in preparing Functional specifications for Product costing reports and coordinating with ABAP team in developing Reports and performing Testing coordinating UAT with business
- Involved in developing Report painter reports and fixing the issues with Report painter reports
- Involved in design and implementing COPA Exit programs, preparing Functional specifications, working with ABAP team to implement enhancements and performing testing coordinating UAT with business
- Involved in building COPA reports for Sales Revenue reporting
- Involved in resolving issues with COPA plan Actual data postings
- Involved in performing COPA configuration of setting up new Value fields for the new products introduced and for new Condition records maintained in SD
- Involved in setting up SD FI integration configurations for new products introduction
SAP FICO Lead Consultant
- Involved in discussion with cross functional teams viz.. Sales Distribution module, Material Management module Product planning module and proposed solution from Finance Controlling module areas pertaining to integration aspects.
- Involved in preparation of Blueprint document for Finance Controlling modules
- Involved in discussion with Finance business users to understand the current requirements from business for Financials modules viz.. Enterprise structure, General Ledger Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables Fixed Assets and Controlling modules viz.. Cost center Accounting, Profit center accounting Product costing.
- Involved in preparation of To be process in Finance and Controlling modules
- Involved in identifying gaps between As Is To Be requirements and proposed the custom developments as required
- Involved in understanding the current Reporting requirements and identified the SAP standard reports available and proposed the Custom reports as required
SAP FICO Lead
- Provide end user training of new functionalities
- Primarily responsible automation of interface of Accounts Receivables to multiple external banks / financial institutions for factoring.
- Setting up workshops to discuss with users for requirements gathering and analysis
- This involves setting up programs for extraction of customer line items Invoices Credit memos from AR sub ledger, sending data to Factoring companies in the required format.
- Setting up programs for accounting collection of Auction funding and associated costs upon Auction / factoring
- Setting up programs for posting offsetting entries upon payments made by customer
- Setting up reports to display outstanding receivables and Auction funding costs as per the business requirement.
- Setting up of interface of Accounts Payables payment processing to bank
- Preparation of Functional specification documents based on user requirements
- Setting up the required configurations in SAP Financials module
- Test the programs upon implementation and coordinate user Accept testing
SAP FICO Application Expert
- Primarily responsible for Problem / Incident Management i.e. resolving Application Management Service Request tickets and Change Management Change Requests to ensure existing functionality within Production environment
- Involved in supporting FI-AP Accounts Payable processes along with integration to Procure to Pay Material Management
- Involved in building Invoice interface with 3rd party in SAP Accounts Payables module
- Involved in resolving the issues related to Tax determination / Tax calculation with
- Tax ware
- Involved in setting up configuration in Accounts payable as part of setting up new company code in SAP
- Involved in resolving issues / clarifications related to Invoice tolerances set up in Accounts Payable / Material Management interface
- Involved in scoping sessions in order to understand the requirements from business and working on the Change requests
- Supporting and resolving the Month end closing issues
- Provides business and procedural system knowledge as well as particular application expertise
- Responsible for system configuration and for any tasks that arise within application projects
- Responsible for Analysis, Configuration, Customizing and testing solutions by following application standards and providing the feedback to the Team / Management
- Interacting with business team for clarification of business requirements and for finalizing the business logic
- Updating Configuration, specification and other technical documentations and support end user documentation for productive environment
- Support resolution of any deviations between productive and development / testing environment in reconciliation with respective owners
- Creating / updating Configuration documentation and technical Roll Out templates
- Support Process Management and Solution Management regarding Customer Requirement definition
- Involved in ECC 6.0 upgrade activities by preparing Test plans, Test cases and reviewing the Logistics test cases to ensure existing functionalities are not affected. Also involved in Post Go live support of ECC 6.0 upgrade
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
SAP R2R Lead Consultant Record to Report
Project involves preparation of Global Template Blue print Implementation and country rollouts in ECC 6.0 version. Project involves implementation of modules: R2R Record to Report , S2P Source to Pay , OTC Order to Cash , ME Manufacturing Execution , F2S Forecast to Stock and BI Business Intelligence
- Involved in AS IS Study and gathering of requirements for TO BE processes by conducting business blue print workshops.
- Involved in the preparation of Global blue template business print, designing configuring the various R2R processes
- Involved in designing the processes of New GL with PCA with multiple non leading ledgers
- Involved in designing the processes of intercompany transactions Cross charges viz..Royalties, Interest receivable/payable, Marketing expenses, STO Stock Transport Order scenario and drop shipment sales Triangular sales scenarios
- Involved in setting up the business processes for Fixed Asset module which includes Identifying depreciation areas, Asset classes and depreciation keys.
- Involved in designing the processes for Foreign currency valuations and Period end closing activities
- Involved in gathering the requirements for Accounts Payables with integration to Procure To pay Accounts Receivables to setup the TO BE processes in SAP
- Involved in setting up the Automatic Account determinations for integration of FI MM Procure to pay modules
- Involved in setting up the Account determination for Revenue posting / integration of FI SD modules Order To cash
- Involved in setting up the process for Revenue Recognition
- Involved in setting up the Production and Functional cost centers, Hierarchy and coding structure
- Involved in setting up the processes for Cost center and Internal order Assessments and allocations Period closing activities
- Involved in setting in the processes for Cost and Inventory Management which includes the processes of Setting up the process for Standard cost rollup for the beginning of the period and Standard cost rollup during the year for New products introduced.
- Involved in identification of RICEF objects required for business based on the discussion with the key business process owners
- Involved in the preparation of Traceability matrix for various business processes after gathering the requirements during the blue print workshops.
- Involved in the preparation of business process flows for the various business processes in General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Asset Management, Cost centers, Internal Orders Product costing / Inventory Accounting using ARIS tool
- Involved in preparation of Process design documents PDD for the above processes using ARIS tool
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
SAP FICO Lead Consultant
- Involved in the Production support and development of General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Asset Accounting, Cost element Cost Center Accounting, Profit center Accounting, Product Costing, Profitability Analysis SAP BW modules
- Resolving issues relating to Configurations and Enhancements, which are raised in the form of Requests managed by customer specific tool.
- Worked in developing of Custom reports as per the requirements of client
- Involved in the Analysis of Existing Custom Programs and analyzing the possibility for improvements in the various modules of Finance and Controlling
- Provided Functional resource to troubleshooting, day-to-day production support issues relating to ABAP developments.
- Involved on resolving the issues pertaining to Foreign currency valuation of open items and foreign currency balances.
- Involved in setting up the Workshops / meetings with the client so as to analyze the customer specific requirements and to design the solution.
- Involved in preparation of design specifications, making the relevant configuration changes and preparing Test scenarios and test cases.
- Involved in setting up payment interface with Bank of America BOA . This involves generation of Idocs PAYEXT EUPEXR upon payment run in SAP system with the data in Idoc segments as required by BOA format. Then the payment data in Idocs is written into text file using custom programs and this data was sent to SAP XI Exchange Infrastructure and from there it will be finally sent to FTP of bank.
- Worked on Migration project where one company code is migrated from one SAP client to another SAP client system
- Involved in setting up of Lockbox for receiving collections from customers.
- Involved in support of modification of BEX Queries and BW Cost ceter Profit center Hierarchies.
- Involved in support Testing of BW reports
SAP FICO Lead Consultant
- One of existing production plant of client was taken over by the existing customer. As per the client agreement with the customer, client has to analyze the accounting principles and policies of customer and has to setup new company code for the customer in the existing client set of SAP systems for period of one year. Accordingly it is considered as the sale in the old company and acquisition in the new company code
- Involved in the analysis of accounting principles and policies followed by customer in order to maintain the new company code in the SAP system.
- This includes analysis of Fiscal year variant and opening and closing of periods. As the fiscal year followed by client Jan to Dec is differing from the Fiscal year followed by customer June to July it requires analysis and shift of Fiscal year in order to synchronize with existing setup
- Involved in configuration of defining the additional local currencies / parallel currencies
- Involved in configuration of Foreign currency valuation by defining valuation method, Assigning GL Accounts for the foreign currency valuations Loss/ Gain etc.. for the valuation of foreign currency balances and open items in foreign currency.
- As the business / plant was taken over by the customer, the client needs to consider the sale of assets without revenue in its books in order to transfer the assets to new company code and accordingly involved in the migration / transfer of assets
- Involved in the setting up of Customer and vendor masters in the new company code
- Involved in the integration of FI MM and FI SD modules for the configuring in the new company code
- Involved in the analysis of Costing process followed by client. Involved in setting up of new controlling area the Fiscal year followed by customer is different than the client. This is because new Fiscal year variant was set up for the new company code as per the fiscal year followed by customer
- Involved in setting up of new standard cost estimate cost estimate, valuation variant, costing variant and cost sheet etc..
- Considered a cut off period for migration for migration to new company code and worked on data migration
- Involved in setting up the LSMW and BDC programs and worked on setting up the Master data of vendors and customers. Worked on setting up the GL accounts Chart of Accounts and Cost elements in Controlling
- Worked on uploading the GL balances, Vendor balances and Customer balances. Worked on setting up the master data for Assets and uploading the Asset balances.