I am SAP Certified Consultant with MCP and ITIL Certification, and has over 15 years of IT experience which includes over 9 years of SAP Basis Administration and Solution Manager Implementations. Six years of experience in System Administration /Securities and Database Administration. Well versed with Planning, Designing, Sizing, implementation, upgrade On-Going Operational support. Possessing good knowledge on Hardware on different OS/DB platforms like UNIX, Windows, Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, HANA, DB2 and MaxDB Combinations.
SAP BASIS SKILLS
- As SAP Solution Manager, Basis and Security Consultant played key roles in Analyzing, Sizing, and Designing, implementing and supporting the enterprise SAP landscapes.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Install, Update, Upgrade, OS/DB Migrate and Support for All SAP NetWeaver Products for different industry verticals Including SAP HANA Database.
- Implemented Data Achieving to most of the SAP Environments.
- Strong Skills with High Availability/Virtualization solutions, SAP Clustering in Unix/Windows Environments on Oracle RAC, MS Cluster and SQL Cluster. Good Exposure to IBM Tivoli Volume Management. Planning for the Backup and Recovery Strategies.
- Defining Security policies implementing them using SAP Security GRC/VIRSA using Compliance Calibrator, Firefighter, Access Enforcer, Role Expert SoD implementation, Profile Management and Generation using PFCG. SSL and AD integration with Client Certificate based authentication configuration.
- Extensively used the SAP Tools like Redwood, Retrofit, Live Compare for the TMS, and SAP Data Archiving using IXOS for the issues in time critical situations
- Experience in Implementation, Monitoring and Administration of SAP NetWeaver JAVA systems using Configuration Tool, Visual Admin, NWA, Portal Securities, ESS, MSS, JSPM and SUM. Expert in portal transportations. Performance of portals, and problem analysis and resolving the issues.
- Good exposure to databases like Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g , MS SQL 2005, 2008 , Sybase ASE, HANA IBM-DB2 and MaxDB on different platforms like Unix and Windows.
- Planning, Designing, Support implementing of Disaster Recovery Solutions. Daily Monitoring the Systems.
- Hands on experience on all aspects which includes Performance Tuning for over twenty plus clients and load balancing, Unicode Conversions, Stack Splitting, SSDM, SPAM, EHPI, SUM, SolmanUP, JSPM, Client copy/Import/Export, Complex TMS Configuration, Support Packages, Kernel upgrades, Spool Administration, Background jobs, User Administration, Workload Analysis, Backup/Recovery, Add-on installations, Applying OSS Notes, Profile configuration, troubleshooting and processing IDocs and tRFC / qRFC queues and Managing Webdynpro Applications.
- Print, Fax, SMTP Administrations, supported different verticals like IS Oil, IS Retail, IS Hospitals and insurance.
- Supported over 20 Clients on multiple landscape systems with huge installation base ranging from Netwaver Java systems to R/3 and other SAP Products installed across the landscape.
- Over 4 Years of Experience in installing and configuring the SAP Solution Manager for
- Installation / Upgrade Post installation of SAP Solution Manager
- Configuring for Project Administration, MOPZ, SLD, LMDB,EWA, CCMS, Service Desk, ChaRM
- Configuring Maintenance Optimizer, and Willy Introscope
- Work Centers and BPM Configuration, Root Cause Analysis
- Data Volume Management, Technical Monitoring and Test management
- Project Management Administration, Central TMS and EEM Administration
- RCA, DVM, LVM, Custom Code Management and Alerts Configuration
- Good team player with Strong team orientation leadership qualities, hardworking, enthusiastic and capable of quickly adapting to new challenges and environments.
- Extensively utilized the web conferencing tools like WebEx, Go to Meeting and MS OCS
- Extensive utilization of Telephone Conference Call System
- Remote Desktop Sharing tools like Team viewer, Skye utilization.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS
- SAP : SAP R/3 4.6, 4.7, ECC 5.0, ERP6.0, GTS 7.5/10.0, CRM 4.0/ 2007/7.0, BI/BW 7.0/7.3X, BOBJ,
- SRM 4.0/5.0, SCM 4.0/5.0, EP 6.0/7.0, XI/PI 7.0/7.3, CS / Live Cache, TRex, MII, GTS,
- GRC Access Control, NetWeaver 2004/2004s/7.x/7.3x, Solution Manager 4.0/7.0/7.01/7.1
- Tools : CCMS, PFCG, SAPDBA, BR Tools, DB2 CC, RBE, Solution manager Admin assistant, Redwood, Live Compare, Horizon, Mercury Test Director, Retrofit, SDM, EHPI, SUM, JSPM
- DB Skills : Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server, Sybase ASE, HANA, IBM-DB2/DB6, MaxDB
- OS Skills : Windows Desktop / Server OS, Sun Solaris 9/10, SUSE 10/11, Red Hat, HP UNIX 11.xx/11i, AIX
PROFESSIONAL SAP EXPERIENCE:
Role : Solution Manager Lead
- Working with clients as an SAP Solution Manager Subject Matter Expert
- Evaluation of clients system landscape
- Arriving at ALM roadmap to implement Solution Manager capabilities
- End to End implementation of support standards using Run SAP methodology
- Preparation and execution of workshops and presentations
- Design and implementation client specific solutions in SAP Solution Manager
- Covering business and technical aspects of Solution Manager
- Configured LMDB Systems
- EWA Configuration for SAP And Non SAP Systems
- Establishing SAP HANA monitoring by SAP Solution Manager.
- Installing and upgrading SAP Solution Manager
- Configured Technical Monitoring
- Central System Administration for about 100 Plus Systems
- Configured ITSM Service Desk
- Configured Change Request Management
- Extended Remote Supportability
- Configured Landscape Verification Management
- Enhanced CTS
- Root Cause Analysis
- Installed and integrated SAP CPS tool with SAP Solution Manager
- Scheduling, monitoring, documenting and reporting of jobs.
- Job Monitoring With SAP Solution Manager
- Basis Support on the incidents for the Consultants
Role : SAP Solution Manager Consultant
- Part of Greenfield SAP Implementation
- Handled End to End SAP Solution Manager Implementation
- Implemented ALM Processes for Solution Manager
- Installed and Configured SAP Solution Manager
- Configured LMDB Systems
- EWA Configuration for SAP And Non SAP Systems
- Configured Service Desk and Incident Management
- Configured ChaRM
- Configure Business Process Blueprinting based on SAP Best Practices
- Configured Test Management - IBM Rational QM and HP ALM 11.
- Integration of HP ALM 11.52 with SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP08
- SAP TAO 3.0 SP02 installation and integration with HPQC, BPCA using Solution Manager.
- Service Request Management Service Request Fulfillment
- Quality Gate Management Implementation for multiyear SAP Implementation project.
- Upgraded Solution Manager 7.01 to 7.1, with post installation activities.
- Configured Tech Monitoring, BPM, DVM, RCA and ChaRM in Solution Manager 7.1
- Configured CTS and Implemented Retrofit tool and Project Documentation and Administration with Solman
Role : Basis / Solman Administrator
- Responsibilities include planning, coordination, and management of the activities
- SAP ChaRM transport management
- BW Monitoring Configuration
- PI Monitoring Configuration
- Data migration, conversion sequencing and development of cutover sequencing
- SAP landscape definition, implementation, and refresh
- New product installation and integration
- Upgrade and enhancement pack implementations
- Application release management
- Functional system readiness
- Cutover and cutover preparations, Upgraded and Configured Solman, Kernel upgrades and Patch updating.
- Performance tuning for the Instance Shrink activities.
- Checked SAP buffers using ST02, CPU utilization and volume space utilization.
- Daily administrative tasks include monitoring system logs, Work processes, locks and updates SM12, SM13, and SM21
- Deployed ESS,MSS business packages and SAPJ2EE core components to full stack
- Configured single sign, maintained JCO connections for model data and meat data for required business packages and ADS configuration
- Setup Single Sign On using X.509 certificates and SPNEGO.
- Configured ABAP Single Sign On by integrating with Windows Active Directory
- Installed Solution Manager 7.1, with post installation activities.
- Configured LMDB, MOPZ, EWA, CCMS Alerts using Solution Manager 7.1 and importing production sync transports to the lower landscape systems, installed willy Introscope for Java Systems Monitoring.
- Configured Service Desk ITMS and ChaRM in Solution Manager 7.1
- Configured Technical Monitoring and Root Cause Analysis in Solution Manager 7.1
- Configured for BPM by using the KPI for the Business process by creating the Monitoring Dash Boards.
Role : Basis Administrator
- Installed and Maintained SAP systems in a 24/7 environment for Oracle, AIX environment CRM 7.01, BI 7.0, CRM 7.0, NetWeaver 2004s.
- Worked in the Design and implementation phase of Solution Manager 7.01.
- Installed and configured CRM 7.0 systems along with Live Cache 7.6 with Oracle.
- Involved in all day to day BASIS activities like transports, tuning, workload analysis etc.
- Performed daily SAP system health check by monitoring the system logs, analyzing the short dumps etc.
- Configured BW System for RSA1 and worked with Data Warehouse Work Bench
- Involved in resolving the printing issues which was routed through a third party print server UNIQ.
- Handled several performance issues with different SAP components like ECC, BW, DMS and CRM.
- Strong knowledge in Oracle which involves the regular DBA activities for ex: table space issues, building indexes, partitioning and compression etc., and solving performance issues by analyzing the database statistics.
- Analyzed the Security controls of SAP ERP and Oracle Platform. Analyzed the standard and customized settings for SAP R/3 System Parameters, CTS, Authorization profiles User Access. Used VIRSA Compliance Calibrator in order to assure Sarbanes-Oxley Separation of Duties compliance for users
- Streamlined the support activities by defining and implementing support and escalation procedures with multi-tier support teams.
- Worked with other IT infrastructure groups like Storage, UNIX administrators to resolve issues like backups, restores and other OS related issues.
- Configured Solution Manager for MOPZ, EWA, ChaRM, Project Administration and CCMS Alerts.
- SAP solution manager Business Process Change Analyzer
- Performance tuning activities for ABAP and JAVA Systems. Cluster failover, Business Copy of production systems.
- Installed configured willy Introscope for Java Systems Monitoring
- Demonstrated abilities in change control management, documentation, and process improvement.
Role: Basis Consultant
- Involved in seizing activities for Administered Seizing for different SAP Production, QA and Development systems.
- Installed and Maintained SAP ERP and BW systems on Oracle, Sun Solaris environment
- Established connections between different systems through RFC SM59 .
- Carried out Transport requests SE01 from Development to Test and Production clients using Transport Management System STMS .
- User maintenance administration includes authorization and profile maintenance.
- Client copy SCCL , export and import and Client Delete
- Day to day performance monitoring and trouble shooting of servers by analyzing R/3 system logs, Oracle system logs and Workload SSAA, RZ20, SM21, ST01/02/03/04, DB02/13/12
- Configured and maintained Operation modes RZ04, RZ03, SM63 for efficient utilization of server resources.
- As part of the Basis team, performed administration of the LAN and monitoring of server operating systems ST06 , Load balancing of R/3 application servers SMLG
- Administered Oracle 9i for optimum performance, maintaining the table spaces, redo logs and archived logs.
- Initiated SAP Go-Live Check from SAP Support team for Production Environment.
- Maintained all the instance profiles RZ10, RZ11 in development and production systems.
- Scheduled jobs SM37 in the background to clean up spool requests, dumps, batch-input sessions, background jobs.
- Spool Management and resolve printer issues and printing problems, Problem analysis and solving issues.
- Planning and designing of the resource requirements for DR site
- Designing the Rules, Functions the Risks for Basis Business Users.
- Create/Maintain the RACI matrix for MBUSA.
- Implementation of RAR Compliance Calibrator , CUP Compliant user provisioning , ERM Role expert , SPM Firefighter components of GRC
- Performed SAP Security Administration functions ie Creating new Roles, Modifying existing Roles, User Administration using SolMan. Solved Production Authorization Problems by analyzing user buffers.
Role : Basis and NW Consultant
- Administered and supported ECC, BW, PLM, PI and APO, Installed and applied Support packs for R/3 and BW landscape.
- Involved in the installation and post installation activates R/3 landscape.
- Upgraded the Kernel 6.20 to 6.40 and also upgraded Plug-ins for better system performance.
- Created client copies SCCL according to the business requirement and managing the clients SCC4 .
- Installed, configured and administered APO 3.1, Live Cache 7.2 Build 20 and Optimizer
- Involved in Post-Installation activities and configuring/maintaining the Live Cache instance LC10 and RFC for all the clients who are using Live Cache for APO server.
- Established RFC connections SM59 between R/3 and APO Servers for SNP Modeling.
- Monitored the SAP Systems with Consistency Check tool for ABAP zee programs.
- Documented each and every activity in the project phase plan and its implementation process.
- Involved in Implementation and Configuration of Solution Manager 7.0 in the landscape.
- EPM Administration Tasks performed.
- Transported Activity Groups, User profiles and Authorizations across Integration and Production Systems
- Day to day job involved in monitoring the database performance ST04 , OS. ST06 and Workload ST03 .
- Installed and done the Post installation activities for the PI Systems.
- Created Alerts for PI Systems, Daily Monitoring Activities.
- Maintain the system profiles in development and production systems, and created operation modes and logon groups for optimal utilization of servers. Monitored jobs in background to cleanup spool requests, dumps, batch-input sessions, background jobs.
- Performance monitoring, workload analysis, performance tuning, system monitoring using CCMS.
- Download Patches from OSS and applying OSS notes.
- Daily administrative tasks include monitoring system logs, work processes, locks and updates.
- Supervised a diverse DBA team performing both Oracle and SQL Server production support.
- Administration support on PeopleSoft Applications HRMS 8.8 and Financials 8.8 .
- Expertise in coaching and training DBAs and developers/analysts.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functional groups.
- Worked with HP Service Guard.
Role : Basis Administrator
- Installed and Administered and supported the SAP Production, QA and Development Environment.
- Carried out Transport requests from Development to Quality and production using Transport Management System STMS .
- Maintain User and System administration for SAP systems. Providing support and troubleshooting SAP Servers.
- Tested and implemented security recommendations given by SAP audit team
- Assisted the audit team for SOD SOX compliance.
- Setting up new Dev/Test environment from existing setup using Backup Recovery Methods Homogeneous Copy.
- Scheduled and monitored background jobs.
- Monitored SAP buffers using ST02, analyzed workload of SAP ST03 .
- Worked on the Implementation of NWDI and also setting up the tracks to connect to our XI system.
- Configured Solution manager 7.0 System for EWA, MOPZ and ChaRM
- Evaluated Logical Security around SAP BASIS environment. Evaluated current user roles to improve system performance. Recommended solutions to remediate SOD conflict issues related to Logical Access for the modules using Virsa Compliance Calibrator firefighter 4.0.
- Performed users / role Administration using Profile Generator. Performed SOD conflict resolutions using Virsa Compliance Calibrator for SAP. Analysed usage of Emergency Super users in SAP using Virsa Firefighter. Helped the client in analysing current Solution Manager Configuration and suggesting improvements to utilize it to increase productivity of SAP installation.
- Enabled SSL for various SAP applications using SAPGENPSE
- Installed and configured SAP Web Dispatchers in the DMZ to allow vendor access to SAP SRM and E-Sourcing/CLM application
- Transport of PI objects, Release Transfer for PI systems, troubleshooting end users tickets.
- Support packages implementation and kernel upgrades for PI systems.
- Coordination for maintenance activities for PI involves startup, shutdown and validation of systems.
- Installed Solution Manager 7.01, with post installation activities.
- Configured SLD,SMSY, MOPZ, EWA,SD, ChaRM Configuration Solution Manager 7.01 system
Role : Basis Administrator
- Installed and Configured SAP ECC Systems.
- All Basis related Issues are taken care.
- Performed and documented System Copy both ABAP and JAVA procedure
- Transport Management System Administration.
- Security with users, roles, Profiles and Maintaining Profiles, authorizations.
- Copying and Transporting client and Objects and Exporting and Importing DB.
- Maintaining Spool administration.
- Database and Table space Administration
- Experience with setting up Single Sign On through System Landscape
- Involved in implementation of Kerberos Authentication
- Setup Single Sign On using X.509 certificates
- Integrated various SAP applications like ECC, BW
- Administration of SAP Adobe Document Services ADS
- Installed and configured NWDI application and created development tracks for various SAP applications like EP, XI and BI
- Worked in SAP's Performance task force team to help customers during Go Live with various performance related issues
- Responsible for the SAP Basis project deliverables and defining backup and restore procedures.
- Responsible for upgrading SAP kernel, Live Cache Build and Optimizer Version
Role : Jr. Basis Administrator
- Installation of the SAP Product Server Infrastructure to the client computers.
- Installation of SAP R/3 In their systems supplied.
- Integration with the legacy systems.
- Working closely with developers on system analysis, design, development, and deployment.
- End User computers configuration and client installations.
- Training the system administrators and maintaining the server on day to day basis.
- Involved in go live activities and end user training activities.
- Verified Client Connectivity from and to the Branch offices
- Database maintenance activities have been carried out on regular basis.
- Capacity planning, performance tuning and access security.
- Work also involves applying SAP Notes and Support Packages, Monitoring and troubleshooting of SAP systems.
- Extensive experience with End to End Root Cause Analysis tools to troubleshoot various performance and application related problems with SAP applications