Purchasing and contracts representative with SAP, SRM , MS Office, Excel and Word experience and over twenty years experience in the negotiation, execution and management of blanket purchase agreements, purchase order review POR packages, contracts for services, strategic sourcing, RFQ'S, RFI'S, commodity strategies and procurement. A resourceful team member / leader with the ability to build strong working relationships, solve problems and make decisions along with excellent verbal and written skills required to interface with management, accounts payable, suppliers and clients.
- Buyer -Machined parts, using Bell legacy IMS , SAP and SRM, to bid and to purchase parts as needed using prescribed company policies, departmental procedures and sound procurement practices. Daily interface with suppliers to ensure the delivery of parts as needed.
- Inventory Management Team Using the Cricket PS2 Data Base as a beginning point:
- Cancelled, reduced or rescheduled Bell purchase orders while interfacing with buyers, managers, materials representatives and suppliers to achieve a goal of reducing Bell excess material on order from over 58 million to less than 10 million.
- Military and commercial spares and internal material loans data collection, analysis of current and forecast material requirements, rescheduled spares material requirements worked with various Bell cross functional teams to minimize and / or close internal material loans. Coordinated material reschedules with Buyers, suppliers, Military and Commercial Spares managers and Material Requirement Planning MRP to ensure timely and on-time delivery of material requirements.
- Military Spares Focus Summary - Gains made during 2009
- Reduced projected delinquencies to MRP Requirements by 41 million
- Reduced actual delinquencies to MRP requirements by 127.6 million
- Sustained improvement each month toward a goal of 97 OTD on time delivery to MRP
- Buyer with an annual spend of over 20 million annually, purchased raw metals, aluminum and steel sheet and plate, aluminum extrusions, outside processing of Bell material and parts.
Service Line Professional / Senior Procurement Representative
- Selected major accomplishments with TXU / Capgemini Energy LP include:
- Responsible for the review and purchase of bulk and packaged industrial gases, bulk and packaged chemicals, bulk and packaged fuels and lubricants, welding hard-goods, fasteners and other miscellaneous material through blanket purchase agreements, and daily purchase agreements.
- Identified, evaluated and qualified suppliers, identified common lubricants, sent bids to qualified suppliers and coordinated the bid evaluation and the consolidation of company mining lubricants saving over 335,000 per year.
- Led a team that evaluated and coordinated the consolidation of company generation lubricants with a qualified minority supplier. Saved over 30,000 per year.
- Negotiated with suppliers and created blanket purchase agreements at competitive prices while reducing purchase orders by over 30 . Saved over 5,000.00 per year.
- Proactively worked with accounts payable to minimize invoice miss-matches by over 50 saving over 200 man-hours per month.
- Created and managed over 200 blanket purchase agreements for bulk and packaged gases, chemicals, fuels and lubricants.
- Reviewed and purchased daily material as needed at competitive prices
- Created and managed blanket purchase agreements as needed
- Created and managed contracts for services as needed
- Reviewed material acquisition costs to ensure items were purchased at the lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, source and urgency of need.
- Reviewed and analyzed daily and weekly reports to determine supplier performance and to improve supplier performance when needed.
- Resolved billing questions with accounts payable and suppliers.
- Approved accounts payable invoice variance issues to ensure that correct prices were paid and that all invoices were paid according to agreed terms.
- Resolved distribution issues by acting as a liaison between warehouses, managers and suppliers.
- Coordinated with warehouses to maintain efficient product flow through company facilities
- Conducted regular visits to warehouses and suppliers, as needed, to review and monitor procurement programs, obtain feedback from warehouse personnel and to ensure that all company policies were implemented.
- Office Supervisor responsible for a transportation office staff of 4 persons
- Responsible for the annual vehicle and equipment budget
- Responsible for the development and the implementation of all vehicle and
- equipment specifications
- Responsible for the approval of all vehicle and equipment repairs
- Responsible for all requisitions for the purchase of vehicles and equipment
Responsible for the design and layout of substation earthwork grading plans, which were developed from hand survey notes and transferred to hand drawn contour maps then on to hand drawn finished grading plans. These maps and layout drawings were used to complete finished electrical equipment maps to build electrical substations. I was also responsible for drawing up electrical equipment layouts and transmission line alignment maps as well as serving as a liaison between field surveyors, right of way agents and electrical, mechanical and civil engineers
- Taught drafting and woodworking for almost two years to 7th, 8th and 9th grade students at
- L. V. Stockard Jr High School. L.V. Stockard Jr High is located in southwest Dallas County and
- is a part of the DISD Dallas Independent School District.
- Vehicle repair shop supervisor and vehicle mechanic.
- Well rounded and extensive background in general automotive repair.
- Responsible for the successful repairs of automobiles and pickups 10 years