- SAP FICO Consultant with core qualifications in areas of Financials FI , Controlling CO , Financial Supply Chain Management FSCM , FICA FI Contract Accounting and PSCD Public Sector Collections and Disbursements
- Seasoned Professional with nearly 10 years of SAP functional consulting experience with excellent record for achieving business objectives in project leadership, business process implementation, solution implementations and delivery
- Accomplished four Full life Cycle Implementations and multiple rollouts, enhancements, support, upgrade Projects with active participation in Blue printing, Cut-Over tasks and Post Implementation support using ASAP Methodologies
- Excellent knowledge on the business flows in various industries such as Manufacturing, Public Sector, Financial, Retail, Service, Automobile, Utility and Service etc
- Experience in handling CxO level executives in multiple projects
- Lead the localization workshop to gather the local European and Singapore legal and Statutory requirements and convince the business areas to adhere to global templates
- Developed Agile methodology to develop a product FINANCIALS ONE in 12-16 week implementation for small/medium enterprises which is later approved by SAP and available for sale in SAP Products since 2010
- Managed Budgets Annually and handled Onsite and Offshore Teams
- Worked with cross segment functional managers and directors to help align enterprise architecture strategies with key business initiatives and development project roadmaps
- Worked and negotiated with other development teams to drive implementation of the SAP Project in Waves model while having tremendous pressure from business owners of the legacy systems and business teams that had to be carefully navigated to keep the project moving.
- Strong Implementation experience in FI includes New General Ledger FI-GL , Accounts Payable FI-AP , Accounts Receivable FI-AR , Dunning, Special Purpose Ledger and Banking
- Strong Implementation experience in CO includes Cost Center Accounting CO-CCA , Profit Center Accounting CO-PCA , Cost Element Accounting CO-CEL , Product Costing CO-PC and Profitability Analysis CO-PA
- In depth understanding of Business Processes in SAP Finance and Controlling modules and their integration with SD, MM, PP, HR involving automatic account determination
- Conversant with US GAAP, IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley SOX compliance
- Extensive cross module Interfaces A2A B2B from SAP to downstream and vice versa using PI/XI, Web Methods, EDI etc.
- Conducted training sessions, provided end user training and prepared training documents using Gotomeeting, Infopak, Visio and tools
- Good interaction with the users in analyzing the business requirements and documenting them into functional specifications and explaining them to the ABAP consultants
- Hands on Experience on creating FICO reports using Report Painter, ABAP Query and BI/BW and data upload using LSMW SCAT, Winshuttle
- Handled multiple projects in various PM tools such as Microsoft Project, Planview etc and heavy experience in Microsoft Office and Google Office tools
- Proven experience in ability to adapt quickly, work in teams and excellent Strong Analytical Reporting, Communication skills, and Interpersonal Skills
Financial Closing of G/L, Assignment of G/L accounts in FSV, GR/IR accounts, financial statement creation
House Banks, bank accounts, Manual Bank statement, Electronic Bank Statement, Lockbox Processing, Free form of payment, Payment Media and Automatic Payment Program.
Cash Concentration Cash forecasting, planning level and planning groups. Data flow from logistics modules.
Configuring controlling areas, cost centre hierarchy, currency and valuation profile.
Cost Centre Accounting
Creating Cost centre and cost centre groups. Activity types and statistical keys, Reposting, Distribution, Assessment and Overheads.
Profit Centre Accounting
Profit Centre, Revenue elements.
Defining origin groups, costing sheet with calculation bases, percentage overhead, and quantity based overhead and credits, cost component structure.
Characteristics, Value Fields, Characteristics deviation, settlement of variances, flow of billing documents, Legal and Profit Centre valuation and COPA Planning.
Report Painter report for Profit Centre, Cost Centre and Profitability Analysis.
IS Modules IS- OIL JVA, PRA , IS- Retail POS- DM , AFS Apparel and Foot wear Solutions , IS Healthcare.
Senior SAP FICO Lead/ Manager
- Responsible in creating all the knowledge transfer session and information gathering session as a part of the blueprinting.
- As per the scoping document that is created in the blueprinting session, recognized the ones that will be fulfilled by standard SAP configurations and the ones for which we need to have a WRICEF object created.
- Created Functional Specifications on Reports, Enhancements, Conversions and Interfaces.
- Configured New GL and used migration cockpit for data upload.
- Mapped and fields with Bank of America while creating AR and AP interfaces such as Lockbox and Positive Payee.
- Configured Input, Output and VAT taxes for Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Venezuela and Costa Rica along with the GL account assignments.
- Configured Extended Withholding Taxes for Latin American countries in accordance with the local statutory requirements.
- Worked with Master Data team in Data Uploads like Customer, Vendor, Bank, Asset, GL. Used Winshuttle and LSMW for most uploads.
- Used Solution Manager for saving all the Functional Specs and HPQC for test purposes.
- Created Raw Data for unit testing all configurations and customization objects.
- Trained users on how to execute the tcodes and make them understand the functionality for Integration Testing.
SAP FICO Consultant / Architect
- Responsible for leading SAP FI/CO implementation, supported rollout activities, directly involved in business process design for JPC's financial processes including configuration of SAP FI modules and performed extensive work with SAP project proposals, timelines determination, budget estimation and staffing.
- In Credit Management, configured credit groups, credit control area, risk categories, automatic credit control and assignment of sales and delivery document to credit groups.
- For conversions used LSMW.
- Configured Primary and Secondary Cost elements categories.
- Provided recommendations for process automation and re-engineering of SAP process steps to improve overall.
- Managed global team and communicated to a broad set of stakeholders within JPC and outside third party vendors while demonstrating multiple engagement experience with global delivery model including off shore functional development support.
- Facilitated testing of SAP FI/CO solutions including planning, defect tracking and reporting, and ensured business owner sign-offs.
- Provided Functional Specifications including configuration, test plans and related work requests such as Reporting, Integration, Enhancements, Issue Resolution and Process design needs in order to get the production SAP issues resolved. Participated in setting up New GL accounts, Document split posting, integration activities and designed customized reports for business community. Designed Procure-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash, and Record-to-Report business cycles and led integration activities for SAP FI-MM, and SAP FI-SD.
- Created Functional Specs for Enhancement and reports in Revenue Recognition, Deferred Revenue and Relative Allocation.
- Designed and Build the Lockbox Interface.
- Created House Banks and Bank Accounts for more than 100 company codes.
- In AR, configured Payment Methods, Payment Terms, Special GL Indicators for Down Payments and Tolerance Group for Employees and Customers.
- Coordinated resources and developed SAP FI/CO project schedule, methodology, project templates and reports.
- All Unit testing and integration testing has been conducted through HPQC.
- In Project Systems, created New Project and WBS Element for AuC.
- Liaised with corporate level Project Management Office PMO for issue resolution, scope specifications, refining issues, conducting deliverable reviews, risk and decision process, analyzing budget and forecast tools and implementation of deployment activities.
- Provided subject matter expertise and assistance in developing business process requirements while collaborating with developers and business community to establish the technical visions and analyzed tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Analyzed SAP FI/CO business processes and proposed process improvements in business process mapping.
Senior SAP FICO Consultant
- Did the year-end closing for GL Classic , AP, AR and Asset.
- Did Balance Carry forward to the New Fiscal Year for GL, Profit Center, Vendor and Customers.
- Worked on the Asset Accounting and Project System Integration for all the AuC settlements and created Projects for the New Year.
- With UML documentation, designed business processes, process flows and flow charts.
- Managed Configuration and Project Management through ARIS.
- Was a part of the Blueprinting for New GL, created the Functional Specification Documents.
- Configured New GL including Parallel Ledger and Document Splitting.
- Configured the settings in GL area, such as creating G/L master data, cross-company code transactions, and open item clearing.
- Configured GL transactions for business processes such as fast-entry screens, posting, parking, reversals and month end closings.
- Designed and used of additional Dimensions to FAGLFLEXT and FAGLFLEXA table - Coding blocks.
- Modified characteristic and added value fields of operating concern inside COPA module according to the business requirement, worked with Sales and Distribution SD team to verify data mapping OTC .
- Reconciled of COPA, FI and PCA reports.
- Validated and reprocessed failed IDOC's after editing.
- Enhance product costing interface with manufacturing and product tracking system and lead configuration for internal orders, BOM and Routing, projects and cost centers.
- Supported Inbound and Outbound Tax interfaces with Vertex.
- Supported Month-end FI closing, Period closing and opening in FI. Adding/Deleting/Modifying Financial Statement versions in GL, Running Clearing procedures for GR/IR, Handling Issues related to Parallel Currencies, Foreign currency translation, maintaining new exchange rate types.
- Documented procedures for user training in maintenance of GL master, various GL transactions, GL reporting, month end and year-end activities.
- In IS Retail, used POS DM to evaluate the effectiveness of promotions.
- Created Workflows for notification purpose to the users in Vendor Invoice Management VIM OpenText, also used ICC which uses the OCR functionality for automated data entry.
- Worked on several issues in AP and MM integration PTP Process , Movement Types, Vendor Master and Banking Integration.
- In Credit Management, configured automatic credit control for different risk categories.
- In FSCM, Dispute Management configured dispute case creation and resolution.
- Created Functional Specification Documents for BI reports.
- In Cash Management, configured Electronic Banking Statement created Accounting Keys, defined posting Keys.
- In Treasury, supported the Banking Interfaces Lockboxes and Positive Payee and In House Cash.
- Trained Users on SDLC Concepts.
- Created Reports using Report Painter.
Senior SAP FICO Solution Architect
- Gather functional requirement specification, configuration and modifications to suit the client requirements across various regions like Taiwan, China, and Costa Rica.
- In FI- AA, designed asset classes and chart of depreciation in fixed assets, grouped assets into manageable asset classes, and customized screen layout for each asset class with unique number ranges in FI-assets.
- In Lease Accounting, configured Capital and Operating Leases.
- Configured and customized Asset Accounting as per the requirement of Lease Accounting.
- Configured Contract Receivables for Lease Accounting.
- In FI- Project Systems, responsible for configuring project systems, set up master data Project Definition, Networks, WBS elements, AUC assets settlement to Project Systems. Responsible for testing New User roles for Assets and PS.
- Designed, configured and tested Lockbox interface in Treasury.
- Configured taxes for APAC, Latin America and EMEA region.
- In IS Retail, configured POS DM to reduce inventories carrying cost and, gains critical insight into customer buying patterns.
- Configured Credit Card Processing with Banking interface and integration with CRM.
- In FSCM, configured Collections Management and Dispute Management. Integrated Collections with AR, identified reason codes for disputes, did the settings for automatic closure of cases with clearing activity in AR.
- Configured Cost Elements and Imputed Costs.
- In Credit Management, configured and tested Risk Category, Credit Control area and credit groups.
- Configured EBS for Cash Management.
- In RTR, Configured New General Ledger with Document Splitting and Segment Reporting. Configure document splitting rules characteristics to be used for document splitting and defined variants for the real time integration between Controlling and Finance.
- GL account ranges were assigned to item category for document splitting. The business transaction and variant were also assigned to the FI document type. Profit center was chosen as characteristic for document split.
- Good understanding of SD condition technique used in the Pricing procedures, how the GL accounts for revenue and accrual postings are determined using account keys, copy controls, item category determination and its significance. Customize the SD-FI interface by preparing the Revenue account determination process.
- Accounts Payable AP and Accounts Receivable AR : Configuration of Vendor and Customer Account Groups, Master records, Down Payments, Automatic payment program, Dunning procedures, etc.
- Created requirements for customized BI reports and tested it.
- Made sure all configurations are according to IFRS norms.
- In OpenText VIM, created workflows and rerouted invoices based on the requirements and used ICC's OCR functionality for data entry
- Did the In House Cash configuration settings for China and Taiwan.
- Configure the Automatic Payment Program for A/P including Partial Payment Configuration, Check Management, Clearing Inter-Company Vendor/Customer open Items, Manually Processing Incoming and Outgoing Payments.
- Configure House Banks, Bank Accounts, GL structure, Posting Rules for Automatic Assignment. Configure settings for check printing and assigned forms to payment methods and assigned ACH payment methods.
- Activated material ledger and configured actual costing.
- CO-PA Master Data related activities for characteristics and value fields along with Characteristic Derivations. Maintenance of SD Conditions OTC and PA conditions Off-Invoice , Adjustment for Transport and Warehousing Costs. Closing activities for PA transfer to FI and Variance transfer from CCA to CO-PA
- Maintenance of Cost Center Structure, Internal Order Structure, Statistical Internal Order for Reporting.
- Tested PCA and IO Scenarios: Profit center maintenance, Profit center group, Account group, internal order and internal order group maintenance
- Configuration of Product Costing CO-PC , including defining settlement profile, Assessment Cycle and distribution and various activities.
- Involved in month end closing closing posting period and opening new posting period, adjustment entries , quarter-end closing for SAP FICO.
- HPQC was used as the testing tool for all unit and integration testing.
- Used Report Writer for some reporting requirements.
SAP FICO Team Lead Full Lifecycle Implementation
- Mapped Oracle fields into SAP fields for all the Conversions AR Receipts and Invoices and AP Invoices as well as assisted in Customer Master, Vendor Master and Bank Conversions.
- Documented and detailed all the SAP interfaces as a requirement for the Oracle Implementation team.
- Created the Functional Documents for Conversions.
- In New GL, defined ledgers and currencies maintained fiscal year variant and defined Posting Period Variant.
- Activated Document Splitting.
- Configured Lease Payments and Capital and Operating Lease in Lease Accounting.
- Configured Accruals and Deferrals for Lease Accounting.
- Integrated Lease Accounting with Assets and CO.
- In Treasury Risk Management, defined calculation indicators, portfolio and Traders, field selection, leading currency, number ranges for payment requests, payment blocking indicators for accounting, and reason for reversal and valuation areas.
- Created requirements and tested reports to forecast company's liquidity in Cash Management.
- Was the main Point of Contact for anything related to banking interface and was a liaison between Motorola and Bank of America.
- Configured Withholding Tax, 1099, Sales and Use Tax and Purchase taxes for Mexico, Argentina and Brazil in Latin America, US and Canada in North America, Singapore, India, Japan, China in APAC.
- Supported In House Cash Application, Banking Inbound and Outbound Interfaces with all the flows being done by EDI Idocs. EFT, Positive Payee and Lockboxes
- Responsible for any kind of error handing for any banking IDOC failures.
- Supported Vertex interface for Sales and Use Tax from SAP standpoint.
- Assisted in set up of ARIS Project Database, process and model architecture.
- In Asset Accounting, defined Depreciation areas.
- In PS, activated Project Management in Controlling Areas.
- Configured derivation strategy and valuation strategy in Costing Based Profitability Analysis COPA.
- Mapped SD condition types to value fields for transferring SD Billing Data to COPA.
- Maintained Assessment Cycles and the relationship to Profitability segments for transferring
- overhead costs to COPA.
- Configured settings for COPA Planning like planning framework, planning methods and
- maintaining versions.
- Worked extensively on product cost planning by configuring material cost estimate with quantity
- structure, cost component split cost component structure, BOM and route settings.
- Defined costing type, valuation variant, date control, quantity structure control transfer
- control, and reference variants for defining costing variants in product costing CO-PC.
- Analyzed Production orders, CO Production orders and Product cost collectors as Cost Objects
- in Cost Object controlling.
- Configured settings for preliminary and simultaneous costing of a Production order, and performed
- various period-end closing activities like process cost allocation, revaluation of activities at
- actual prices, overhead calculation, WIP, Variance calculation and settlement.
- Maintained settings for calculating work in process WIP results analysis keys, line id's, results
- analysis versions, cost elements for WIP calculation, valuation method, assignment, update and also
- defined posting rules for settling work in process.
- Defined variance keys, valuation variants, order type dependent parameters, target cost
- versions for calculating variance.
- Maintained settings for settlement of variances in production order settlement profile and PA
- transfer structure for transferring to COPA.
- Maintained settings for requirement classes, requirement types for analyzing product cost by sales
- Maintained settings for actual costing like activated valuation areas for material ledger, assigned
- currency variants to material ledger types, assigned material ledger types to valuation area and
- configured dynamic price changes.
- Created cost centers, cost elements, standard hierarchies, activity types and statistical key
- figures and defined Assessment, Distribution cycles in Cost Center Accounting CO-CCA.
- Defined activity types, plan prices for activity types and worked on direct activity allocations and
- indirect activity allocations.
- Maintained settings for actual postings in Profit center accounting PCA by setting control
- parameters, document types, assignment of revenue elements to profit centers, choosing additional
- balance sheet and P/L accounts for assigning to profit centers.
- Maintained profit center master data, statistical key figures and assignment of account objects
- to profit centers in Profit Center Accounting CO- PCA.
- Maintained allocation structures, settlement cost elements, source structure, PA settlement
- structure, settlement profiles and settings for automatic generation of settlement rules for
- settlement of Internal order
- Configured Internal Order by maintaining order types, screen layouts, order groups, status
- management, settlement rules, settlement profile and planning profile.
- Generated reports using Report painter and performed integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Provided end user training on SDLC concepts using infopak for new configuration.
- Lead the whole cutover activities for the FICO Team.
- Tested the efficiency of BOBJ reports in comparison to ECC.