- Having around 13 years of progressive experience in the area of SAP BW/4HANA,Native HANA, SAP BW, Integrated Planning, ABAP
- Expertise includes BW/4HANA Conversion, Implementation, Upgrade, Development, Production Support and Maintenance in SAP BW, IP and ABAP
- Worked in functional areas like ISU, Retail, SD, PS, FI, MM, CRM
- Involved in all the phases of the project like Gathering Business requirements, User meetings, Analyzing the Business process, Implementation, Designing, Preparation of Technical specs, Configuration, Customization, Unit/Integration testing, Go - live and Post-go-live support.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving ability. Good theoretical as well as practical knowledge in cutting edge technologies and the new trends in software industry.
- Expertise in BW/4HANA In-Place Conversion
- Expertise in SAP Hana Modelling.
- Extensively worked on Calculation Views.
- Proficient in Variables, Input parameters, Calculated columns, Filter expressions, Input Parameter mappings with procedures.
- Good hands on experience in Procedures, Table Functions and Hana SQL.
- Created Input Parameters and applied filter expressions at DB level and replacing Variables with Input Parameters.
- Usage Left-Outer-joins/Referential Joins, maintain cardinality and Join Properties.
- Creation of Calculated columns at top level node of the Logical View.
- Handled complex logics in Table Function where graphical modelling is not supported.
- Table partitions and Table Re-distribution with admins co-ordination.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning of HANA models by implementing all the Best practices.
- Worked in BW Upgrade project which involves upgrade from BW 7.3 to BW 7.5
- Worked in production support and Enhancements project which involves BW and BW Integrated planning
- Part of Roll out projects. Involved in end to end delivery of enhancements. Extensively Worked on Manual Entries in Integrated Planning by using A-Office Layouts in front end solution.
- Extensively Worked on ADSOs, ISU ODP Extractors, CDS Views
- Extensively worked on data source enhancements using abap classes and methods approach
- BW Modelling - Extensive experience in BI Architecture, Extended Star-Schema, Multi- Dimensional Modeling, Data Flow Strategy, Defining Dimensions, Info Cubes, Composite Providers, Hybrid Info Providers, Virtual Providers, Advanced Datastore Objects, Open DSO, SAP HANA-optimized DSOs, SAP HANA-optimized Info cubes, Multi-Providers, Semantic Partition Objects (SPOs), Info-Sets, Data-Sources, Info-Sources, Info-Objects, PSA and DSOs.
- Expertise in designing, developing, configuring, installing SAP BW objects DataSources, InfoSources, InfoObjects, ODS/DSO, InfoCubes, MultiProviders, InfoSets, InfoSpokes / Open Hub destinations, APDs, Transfer Rules, Update Rules, Transformations, Start / End / Expert Routines, DTPs, InfoPackages, Process Chains and Activation & enhancing the business content.
- Customizations - Experience in activating standard business content, extending and enhancing InfoCubes according to the requirements, Datasource enhancements, User Exit Variables (CMOD), Virtual Key Figures and Start Routines.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing Extractors, Tables, Views, Extract Structures, Function Modules in SAP ECC/CRM and legacy systems.
- Solid experience in Data Modeling, Extraction, Cleansing, Loading, Scheduling, Monitoring, Delta Management and Reporting.
- SAP BW Integrated Planning - Characteristic relations, Data slice, planning functions, planning sequence, FOX coding
- BEx Reporting - Expertise in front-end Business Warehouse components (BEx Analyzer, Query Designer) for Queries, workbooks, Calculated Key Figures, Restricted Key Figures, Structures, Variables, Exceptions, Conditions, R/RI, Ad-hoc Queries and Web application designer, Web Items.
- Production Support - Extensive experience in support, Data Loads, Validation and Troubleshooting of Transaction and Master Data, Change Management, Transport Management, Roles & Security, System Checks, Performance Tuning and Process Chains.
- Extensively worked on Data Source Enhancement using Customer Exit (FMs and Classes) and Badi (Multiple Implementations).
- Worked Routines (Start, Field, End and Expert routines). Ability to identify the suitable routine based on the scenario.
- Expertise in design and development of Generic Data Source Extraction using Table, View, and Info set Query, Domain and Function Module with Full and Delta functionality.
- Extensively worked on Customer Exit Variables using Customer Exit (Dynamic FM, Dynamic class and Dynamic Subroutines approaches) and Enhancement Spot/New Badi (Multiple Implementations).
- Migration of Customer Exit to BADI’s
- Expertise in Info Package and DTP routines, Debugging, Performance tuning of various objects, Code reviews and designed the documents for best practices in BW environment.
- BOBJ SKILLSET - Expertise with Business Objects Reporting Tools Analysis office, Web Intelligence reports.
- Experience in creating universes using IDT on SAP HANA views and reports development on the same using Web Intelligence.
- Experience in Configuring and Consuming SAP HANA models, SAP Bex Queries and Info providers
- Excellent understanding work Experience of building Complex Universes of Normalized De-Normalized schemas using Information Design Tool IDT.
- Real-Time Information models to support SLT replicated tables for SAP ECC.
- Have knowledge on informatica mappings to load Customers data from SAP BW application tables for various business units into HANA tables.
- Know the procedure of importing flat files usingSAP HANAimport wizard.
- Have the concepts on creation Virtual Providers on top of HANA Information Views
- Have the concepts on creation Composite Providers to combine HANA native data withSAP BWharmonized data
- Having Comprehensive experience in transport mechanism of BW objects using the tool Rev-track.
- Worked in extraction of data from SAP R/3 using LO cockpit, Generic extraction and flat file loading.
BW/4HANA Senior Consultant
Environment: SAP BW/4HANA 2.0, SAP BI 7.5, SAP HANA 2.0
- Worked on Interfaces which extracts the rewards data from flat files to BW HANA
- Working on BID Data consolidation project to consolidate history data by extracting from a SDA system called SOAR and match with SAP Billing Data
- Worked on AMDP Routines while extracting the data from Billing Document data to BW ADSOs
- Created the calculation views on top of ADSOs and then composire providers to give the facility for the users to validate the consolidated data of history
- Responsible for Conversion of BW system from BW on HANA 7.5(SP5) version to BW/4HANA 2.0 to have optimized data ware housing solution
- Preparation of Activities for Pre and post-conversion process from BW on HANA 7.5(SP5) version to BW/4HANA
- Extensively used analysis for office and BOBJ tool ( Webi ) for reporting
- Identify Migration/Conversion Requirements from SAP ECC and other source systems
- Resolve the conversion issues which have been occurred during SUM Process and post-upgrade of the system
- Implemented the SAP OSS notes as per SAP Conversion Guide suggestions
- Responsible to work with SAP by raising the SAP OSS messages whenever struck with conversion of BW objects and conversion process
- Testing the business functionality and analysis reports pre and post conversion of BW data models
- Proposing the system improvement and optimization and implementing the same upon client approval
- Validating the data models with respect to the reporting requirements and functional mappings
- Work on HANA SQL and ABAP (ECC and BW) CDS Views Extensively with the help of SQL Coding and Annotations
- Use BW Modelling tools in in Eclipse environment and Develop SAP BW/4HANA objects such as Advance DSOs, Open ODS views, Composite Providers, Calculation Views etc.
- Migration of BW Objects to further landscape such as quality and production environments and resolve the Transport migration issues by coordinating with basis team
- Converted all the multi-providers to composite providers so that front end reporting doesn’t affect, and business can run reports smoothly
- Replaced APD Data flows with new data flows which suits BW4/HANA features
- Converted all the SAPI enabled data sources to ODP enabled data sources using BW/4HANA migration tool in individual systems (Development, Quality and Production separately)
- Replaced Info-sets with Composite Providers and built the Bex reports by taking the reference of existing reports which are built on Info-sets/multi-providers
- Converted all staging, integration layers DSOs to ADSOs and info-cubes to ADSOs with the help of BW/4HANA migration tool in induvial systems (Development, Quality and Production separately)
- Worked on building SDI connection with a third-party system E-Connect and built data models for business reporting on E-Connect data
- Developed Calculation views and the complete data flows for HANA SDA remote data sources
- Responsible to co-ordinate with basis and security whenever required during the whole process of migration of BW objects and conversion process
- Responsible to train the production support team on new features of BW4HANA data ware house
BW HANA Senior Consultant
Environment: SAP BI 7.5, SAP HANA 2.0
- Involved in Requirement gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing,
- Completely responsible for designing the BW/4HANA data models after analysing reporting requirements
- Extensively worked by building ABAP CDS Views( along with using joins and delta functionality) on ISU Tables and consumed them into BW as extractors
- Presenting the design documents to business architects and correcting them as per their suggestions
- Preparation of logical model documents which will be helpful for data lake (Hadoop) team
- Preparation of data lineage documents as per Hadoop environment requirements
- Validating the data models with respect to the reporting requirements and functional mappings
- Simplified data models and data flow and eliminated Info-cubes and data redundancy targets and built HANA optimized ADSO’s by building HANA Calculation views on ADSO’s.
- Created custom HANA SQL and stored procedures.
- Extensively used BW Modeling tool, Hana Modeler and Hana Development perspectives to create objects like ADOs, Open ODS Views, Calculation Views(graphical) to consume persistent and virtual BW datasets into HANA and vice versa.
- Optimized data flows for BW onHANAby adhering to LSA++ architecture using new breed of Info-providers
- Designed and created HANA models and BOBJ Universes on top of HANA models by unlocking most of the data set to power users and create adhoc reports directly in production to accelerate report development cycle.
- Followed the Semantic, Core view, integration, Data Source layer approach for the delivery of analytical reports
- Day-to-day responsibilities include analysis of data requirements and translation of these requirements into dimensional data models, with an emphasis on actual implementation in BW.
Environment: SAP BI 7.3, 7.5, SAP HANA
- Carried out pre and post upgrade activities
- Proposed data optimizations in BW data housekeeping activities
- Developed an abap programs which deletes the PSA requests which are stored are database level and also which gives the list of all in-active objects in system
- Testing of the critical business reports pre and post upgrade
- Testing of critical data loads pre and post upgrade
- Responsible for resolving all upgrade related issues faced post upgrade of the system
- Implemented few SAP notes as per SAP suggestion which are required for BW 7.5 upgrade
- Proposing the system improvement and optimization techniques to business
- Responsible for transport movement for the changes which are done for fixing the upgrade issues
- Co-ordinating with middleware team for testing of the inbound interfaces post upgrade
Confidential, Richardson, TX
BW and BW-Integrated Planning Consultant
Environment: SAP BI 7.3
- Analysing the BW reports and data variances and working with source system teams in resolving the issue permanently in case of any fixes need to be done
- Proposing the optimizations in BW data loads which improves the performance of the BW loads and therefore reporting performance too
- Working with business on daily critical BW retail reports and resolving the daily issues in sales discrepancies between POS system
- Responsible in resolving the BWIP technical issues during planning cycles
- Loading the planning data to planning info providers and reconciling the same with the given data and also resolving the BW report issues
- Giving Estimates for enhancements by gathering the requirements from users and thorough analysis on the requirements
- Query modifications upon business requirements, Unit testing, UAT and Production movement of transports