- SAP FICO consultant with exposure in SAP Implementation, new enhancements and support with 8 years of experience.
- FICO expertise in Configuration and testing of Accounts Payable FI-AP , Accounts Receivable FI-AR , New General Ledger FI-GL and Asset Accounting FI-AA modules.
- FSCM expertise in Configuration and testing of Banking, Treasury Management TRM , In-house cash management IHC , Collection Management COL , Dispute Management DM .
- Proficient in tools like HP-QC, BMC-Remedy, Charm and SOLMAN.
- Worked in all phases of full life cycle implementation using ASAP methodology including analysis, design, blue print phase, configuration, Cut-over phase, Testing, Training, GO-Live and Post go-live support.
- Proficient in requirement gathering and GAP analysis, developing Functional specifications, coordinating with ABAP team for technical specification and code development, conducting integration testing and coordinating with business for user acceptance testing and approvals.
- Experience in working with and training end users and the QA team for developing use cases, test cases and test plans, process documentation, end-user training and post go-live support.
- Resourceful problem solver with excellent communication skills. Have broad exposure in Analytical, Technical and Strategic Skills to communicate effectively across all organizational levels.
SAP Configuration Skills:
- Financial Accounting FI Enterprise Structure: Configuration and customizing Company code, Creating GL account codes and Chart of Accounts, Configuration of Global settings, Configuration of GL automatic clearing, Configuration of Foreign currency valuation, Sales Tax/Purchase Taxes.
- New General Ledger / Classical GL: Activation of New GL Accounting, Define ledger for GL Accounting, Integrating the GL with subcomponents, Document splitting, Segmentation and Parallel Accounting, Controlling Component Transfer postings, Integration with asset accounting.
- Accounts Payable: Building AP Business module, Configuring and Customizing vendor master data, vendor account groups, Define sensitive fields for dual control, House banks, Invoice processing, Document parking, Outgoing payment and Reporting.
- Accounts Receivable: Building AR Business module, Configuring and Customizing Customer master data, Debtor management, Customer payments, Customer invoice processing, Oder to cash process, Finance documents Global settings Posting Keys, payment terms Dunning and Reporting.
- Treasury: Lockbox configuration, treasury groupings, bank statement processing, Product Types, Transaction Types, Flow Types, Update Types, Condition Types, Release Procedures along with creation and working of Treasury Instruments, In-house cash management.
- Asset Accounting: Configuring of Asset Accounting, Structuring Fixed asset design, integration with the GL, Defining asset classes, depreciation areas, Configure depreciation methods.
Role : Lead SAP FI Consultant
Worked on SAP integration with Get Paid system Which is similar to SAP collection management . Developed outbound interface to send the SAP Accounts receivables data to Get Paid. Got the requirement from collection department of Sysco as well as Get Paid analysts. Designed the interface considering dependency on other legacy systems, timing requirements and volume etc. Worked on new enhancement for applying credit card conveyance fees to customer when customer pays the bills using credit card. Finalized the criteria for selecting eligible customers for this fees after working with users on business process and determining possible impacts. Worked on SD-FI integration. Worked on creating condition, account key, access sequence and pricing procedure.
Role : Senior SAP FI/FSCM Functional Consultant
- Extensively worked on various new enhancements for asset accounting and treasury area.
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirements and Business Processes and mapped them with SAP.
- Conducted GAP analysis, document findings, evaluated scope of studies suggested solutions through SAP for implementation and customization.
- Created functional specification documentation for Fixed Asset, Treasury, and Collections management.
- Significant achievement was worked for automation of critical activities of month end close, which resulted in bringing average close time down to 1.6 days from 4.2 days. Highly appreciated by senior mgmt.
- Designed and configured Asset accounting to carry out business transactions like acquisitions, retirement, transfers, depreciation calculation, and write-offs.
- Created custom programs for various stages of asset accounting lifecycle as per railroad STB requirement.
- Developed solution for complex requirement of asset retirement which is key activity of month end close. Similarly developed solutions for asset creation based on project system AFEs, excess depreciation reversal occurred due to group life depreciation. Developed interface to bring scrap proceeds in SAP and asset life changes handling.
- Configured Collection Management integrated with Accounts Receivable and Dispute Management for a single system scenario. Effective collection management helped to optimize the Accounts Receivables turnover ratio. Highly appreciated by senior mgmt.
- Worked on Treasury including Product Types, Transaction Types, Flow Types, Update Types, Condition Types, and Release Procedures along with creation and working of Treasury Instruments. Also prepared custom reports for debt as well as interest sub ledger.
Role : Senior SAP FSCM Consultant
- Configured the system for Accounts Receivable, Treasury Management and Collection as well as Dispute Management modules.
- Defined and configured the Enterprise structure. This includes creation of chart of accounts, country chart of accounts, company codes, fiscal year variants, field status variants and posting period variants.
- Worked on configuring Vendor groups, Vendor master data, House banks, Bank accounts, Check lots, Reason codes, Automatic payments.
- Configured Collection Management integrated with Accounts Receivable and Dispute Management for a single system scenario. Configured Collections Segments, Rules, Groups and Profile for Business Partners and Collections Specialists.
- Configured integration enabling dispute case creation from AR and collection management.
- Created the test data in front of the Client in the sandbox system explaining end to end functionality which can be achieved using SAP FI/FSCM module.
Role : SAP FICO Functional Consultant
- Initially member of and then lead the offshore Production Support FI team for BNSF supporting including GL, AP, AR, TR, TAX and FA modules.
- Development of ILT Instructor Led Training and OJT On the Job training courses.
- Creating various Knowledge Transfer KT documents and maintaining System Appreciation documents SADs for various areas viz. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger.
- Worked on defining KPI matrices and bringing down the number of remedy tickets.
- Setting up new Company code, Posting Period Variant, assigned document Number Ranges, Tolerance groups for customers, G/L accounts and users. Tested G/L transactions for Fast-Entry Screens, Posting, Parking and Reversals.
- Configured AP module including the Vendor Groups / Number Ranges, and Down Payment transactions. Maintained required settings viz. Configuration for payment program, Payment terms. Worked on various Interfaces for Accounts Payable.
- Configured House Banks, Bank Accounts, Check Lots and Void Reason Codes. Configured Bank Statement processing and Mapping external Transaction Codes to Posting Rules.
- Supported the issue related to Electronic bank statement, Instrument creation, Payment requests, Cash management, Liquidity forecast and Lockbox procedure.
- Worked on issues related to Accounts Receivable such as Customer groups, Customer master data, billing, Payment terms and interest calculation, Income payments, Dunning, AR information system, Account systems, Credit management, Sales order, Integration with SD.
- Worked on EBS, Positive pay, ACH payments using NACHA file formats, and Wire Transfer.
- Won Rising star award and Bravo award twice from Infosys.
Role : Sr. Financial Analyst
- Implemented the Fixed Assets module based on the specific requirements, customized the Asset module, configured and set up Asset classes also responsible for data conversion from legacy system and reconciling the same.
- Created Screen Layout Rules, Defined Number Range Interval Asset Classes
- Defined Depreciation Area posting to General Ledger, Assigned G/L Accounts.
- Classified Asset using Character Evaluation Group, Defined Transfer type for Acquisition, Retirement, Transfers for Intercompany Asset Transfers
- Developed User Training material and system appreciation documents.
Role : SAP FI Consultant
- Worked with implementation team on Collection Management integration with Accounts Receivable and Dispute Management.
- Production support on various issues with the payment run, vendor and customer master data, business partners, payment requests, dunning, validation and substitution.
- Configured the sending and paying company codes in AP.
- Conducted the analysis of support incidents raised and identified the repetitive tasks and suggested the possible solutions to bring down the number of tickets which can result in dollar savings.
Role : SAP FI Consultant
- Involved in analyzing Business Processes, understanding As-Is process and modeling the To-Be process
- Involved in system configuration and mapping the additional business process in the system for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Analyzed the existing legacy system gathered functional requirements through user meetings and participation in process improvement teams produced the functional requirements document
- Configured system settings in the areas of FI-GL transactions, House bank, Tax, AP Payment Program, Bank reconciliation, AR Customer Credit, Credit controls, Credit memos, Period end closing, EDI and performed Dunning.
- Configured area of AP-house banks, automatic payment program, areas of AR-dunning, Interest Calculation and Credit Management.
- Created Bank Master Data, House banks, G/L accounts for each bank account and Reconciliation accounts for vendors, customers and assets.
- Created process for positive pay file and worked with developer and bank representative to execute the process for 2 different bank accounts.
Role : SAP FI Analyst
- Worked in production support team and regression testing team during this tenure.
- Worked on production issues related to Vendor groups, Vendor master data, House banks, Bank accounts, Check lots, Reason codes, Automatic payments, Recurring entries, Invoices, Credit memos.
- Created vendor and customer master records specifying number ranges and screen layouts.
- Performed regression testing for different accounts payable and accounts receivable functionalities.
- Was promoted in short duration as a coordinator for providing test plans, review, test results and test status during release cycles.
- Configured the basic organizational settings Company code, Chart of Accounts, Business areas and settings related to Fiscal Year Variant, GL accounts group, Field Status variant and Number Ranges as a part of maintenance activity during new company code setup.