Sr Sap Bi/bo Developer Resume
- SAP AG Certified in SAP BI 7.3/BO 4.0 and SAP HANA Edition) with 9 plus years of experience.
- Expertise in all phases of SDLC like Realization, Analysis, Multi - Dimensional Schema Design, Functional Specification, Technical specification, Development, Performance tuning, testing, documentation, Support & maintenance and trouble-shooting
- Created objects like Info-objects, Info-sources, DTP, Info-package, Info-Cube, DSO objects (Standard, Write-Optimized), Multiprovider, Infoset, Transformations, Transfer rules, Update rules, process chains.
- Expertise in ETL and Data Modeling (Data Extraction, Generic Extraction, Data Loading), Scheduling, Monitoring, Reporting Web publishing.
- Strong ABAP programming skills including customizing extractors, Function modules, writing Start routines, Transfer routine and user exits.
- Experience in automating loads using Process chains and use of BW Monitor to supervise data loading.
- SAP HANA/BW/BI Data Replication, Extraction & Modeling:
- Experience on Native HANA and SAP BW powdered by HANA
- Experience on SAP Native HANA Data Provisioning (LT, DS.BODS), Data Replication, Modeling and Reporting
- Have a good knowledge on SAP HANA Architecture & Landscape
- Involved in designing Dataflow from SAP ECC 6.0 to SAP HANA Database
- Experience in User Management and Analytical privileges
- Involved in Transporting HANA Views from Dev to Pro using Delivery Units
- Have hands on experience on modeling in creating Attribute, Analytic and Calculation Views
- Activated Standard Datasources and created Generic Datasources.
- Involved in 2 full - life cycle BW implementations, upgrade from 3.X to 7.0, Enhancements and Post Production Support in the areas of SAP SD, MM, PP, PM, FI as well as SAP CRM.
- Expertise in Report Generation - Worked extensively in BEX Analyzer in building Queries and saving in Workbooks (Excel work Sheets) and created Custom Queries using Conditions, Exceptions, Variables & Structures and created aggregates for frequently used queries, RRI Jump queries, Web Publishing and End-users..
- Expertise in BW Performance Tuning: Experience in Performance tuning of Queries by maintaining Aggregates, Compression, partition, indexing of info cubes and use of statistics for the same. Extensively used variety of techniques to boost the performance of BEx Query.
- Done implementations using SAP ASAP methodology and through understanding of SAP Best Practices
- Did requirements gathering, prepared functional documents, technical documents and test documents.
- Expertise in migrating and transporting objects.
- Experience in leading and managing teams. Handled multiple roles of Senior BI consultant, Onsite Coordinator, BW Tech Lead, BI Consultant and BW Developer, SAP ABAP Technical Consultant.
- Experience in implementing, configuration and solving module-level issues and Project conflicts and able to resolve them appropriately in time.
Business Intelligence: SAP BW 3.5, BI 7.0, BI 7.3, SAP HANA STUDIO
ERP: SAP R/3 4.7 SAP ECC 6.0
Reporting: BEx Report Designer, Web Application Designer (WAD), SAP BO
Functional Module: SD, MM, PP, PM, FI, HR, CLM, RLM,SAP APO
Programming Languages: ABAP/4
Confidential, New Jersey
Sr SAP BI/BO Developer
- Creation/Change of Process Chains for the entire Daily / Weekly/Hourly Loads as and when required.
- Involved in designing the functional and technical specs for the ECC 6.0 and HANA Models.
- Experience in SAP Native HANA data provisioning using SAP LT Replication Server (SLT) and data services and Flat files.
- Experience in SAP Native HANA data modeling using Attribute View, Analytical view and Calculation view where non BW sources where used
- Created BEx Reports providing insight of Business Intelligence to aid the analysts in decision-making using Formulas, Selections, Structures, Calculated Key Figure, Restricted Key Figure and Customer Exit.
- Cross Verifying the Daily data load as per the checklist for ensuring the proper data upload in BI.
- Extensively worked in developing and enhancement in WEBI Reports hecking the daily time schedule for the run & ensuring that the jobs are finished within the specified time frame.
- Interacting with the clients from time to time to discuss the open issues.
- Changes to the existing Reports & Creation of new Reports as per Clients requirements.
- Fixing the High and Medium, low priority incident raised by users.
- Actively involved in end user as well as developer . Created technical documentation, user manuals etc.
- Led efforts on handling of UAT and coordinating with offshore team for quick closure of bugs reported
- Monitoring the Production/ Pre- Production system and fixing the Master data, Transaction data and Process Chains load failures.
- Working major issues on Visual Composer.
- Having knowledge on Creating PM Orders in ECC for testing BI reports.
- Extensively involved in SR Process and incident Management Process.
- Working major issues on integrated planning.
- Extensively involved in Transport Mechanism.
- Extensively involved in Data Source Enhancement using BADI.
- Extensively involved in Customer Exit Processing type using BADI.
- Extensively involved in Creation of Start routine, End routine and field routine.
- Extensively involved in Pseudo delta mechanism.
- Extensively involved in Client refresh from Production to Pre-Production.
- Extensively involved in Logistic Extractors for PM, MM applications.
- Extensively involved in FI and HR extractors.
- Extensively involved in BI Content installation of BI objects..
- Developed new queries using BEx Query Designer and integrated them with Launhpads in ECC for Enterprise Portal
- Develop Webi Reports based on client requirements
- Created SAP Lumira reports and Webi reports on HANA studio
Environment: SAP BW 7.0/7.3, SAP HANA, SAP BO 4.0
Confidential, South San Francisco, CA
Onsite Coordinator/BW/BO Developer
- Involved in enhancement of the data sources in order to add new field as per client requirement.
- Populated the historical data for new infoobject in infocube by using remodeling method.
- Designed user’s manual for .
- Worked on comprehensive process of Order to Cash cycle posting and reporting.
- Worked on simplified Order to Cash cycle like order-to-invoice and invoice-to-cash
- Worked on SD business processes OTC and sales order processing, Delivery, shipping and billing
- Responsible for design of the data flow and developing DSOs for Line items, InfoCubes for summarization, and MultiProviders for Cross reporting
- Built new DSO’s infoCubes, multi-providers to support SD, FI-CO, GL, PP, GR, and AP reporting requirements.
- Enhanced extract structures for Master Data to bring additional fields in to BI and created custom Data Sources for transaction data to meet the business requirements.
- Advised the functional team about the impact in BI and with the extractors when they require a configuration change in ECC.
- Utilized BI 7.0 transformations and DTPs for all new developments.
- Developed new BEx Queries, workbooks based on the different InfoProviders.
- Involved in performance tuning by maintaining aggregates, compression, partitioning, indexing of info cubes.
- Maintenance of Hierarchies Structures
- Create CKF and RKF as needed and adopt performance on all queries
- Created queries in Query Designer and deployed to the Portal
- Activated required BW Statistics Objects and created a virtual Cube that is required for Reports.
- Developed process chains to automate the initialization and delta updating of all data.
- Created over BEX queries and assigned them to roles by department.
- Provided Post Implementation Production Support includes Monitoring the Process Chains Daily, Weekly and Monthly. Troubleshooting and Correcting the Data Load Errors
- Resolved Tickets Raised by Users.
- Enhanced the Existing Reports based on User Requirements to include New Functionality.
- Created Generic extractors for custom table and loaded data into BI.
- Created/Modified custom Infocubes, DSOs, Transformations, Infopackages, DTPs as per the requirement.
- Created Open Hub Destination for Info Cubes, DSOs and Infoobjects to generate Flat Files.
- Performed Unit testing for the changes and new functionality and transported dependent objects to test environment and into Production.
- Created necessary Documentation for Changed and New Functionality.
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0, SAP BI 70,Bex Reporting.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. SAP BW/BI Developer
- Identified the necessary Business Content using content browser and content analyzer, mapped the business process requirements with the available Business content.
- Installed and activated the relevant Business content for master data and transactional data.
- Implemented standard Business Content FI-GL, FI-CO and FI-AP cubes for transaction figures reports.
- Prepared Technical specifications for the Functional Specifications.
- Implemented the data extraction process on BI 7.0 that includes installation of the Business content, creating data transfer processes (DTP) using the new BI 7.0 features.
- Worked on ABAP Routines, User exits & Customer exits.
- Written ABAP User exit for customizing the standard BI 0FI GL 10 datasource.
- Designed and implemented a custom extractor to extract FI tables from R/3 into BW.
- Using BEx Query Designer (new layout, Exception Aggregation) to define complex queries, defining Exceptions, Conditions which are later deployed in variety of scenarios like Excel workbooks and web applications.
- Expertise with BI reporting for Data Analysis with BEx Analyzer, BI Accelerator, Web Application Designer and implementing BEx Queries, Variables and Workbooks
- Loaded data for Master Data objects (Attributes, Texts and Hierarchies).
- Created Process chains and Meta Chains for loading Master data and also for loading Transactional Data.
- Involved in performance tuning by maintaining aggregates, compression, partitioning, indexing of info cubes.
- Created queries in the BEx and also created variables, text variables, structures, calculated key figures, restricted key figures, exceptions, conditions and RRI features.
- Designed the Workbooks for all the queries as per the USER requirement.
- Daily meetings have been setup with the end users for designing the reports and extensively trained the client on BI7.0 BEx Analyzer.
- Created Open Hubs and performed the process of retraction to get the data back
Environment: SAP BI 7.0, SAP ECC.6.0, BO XI R2, BEx Analyzer
Confidential, Burbank, CA
SAP BI developer
- Worked extensively with Administrative Work Bench (AWB) for creating InfoObjects, InfoCubes, DSO, MultiProviders, InfoSources, Transformation and Data Transfer Process (DTP)
- Created Functional specifications based on the business requirements in SD module.
- Involved in setting up procedure to extract R/3 data for SD using LO, Generic Extraction and customizing to the requirement using Business Content.
- Enhanced Sales Infocube with a custom field and a standard database field to meet the user requirements.
- Worked on activating the standard business content infocubes 0SD C01 (Customer) and 0SD-C03 (Sales overview).
- Involved with performance tuning of queries by maintaining Aggregates, compression, partition of info cubes.
- Created a Dashboard with the Net Sales value report by Calendar years and drilled down further by Quarter, Sales Organization, Sales Offices and Sales Reps using Bex tools (Analyzer, Query Designer and Web Application Designer).
- Developed a proof of concept for Business Planning with BPS and IP.
- Created a Sales Report, designed it in Visual Composer Model and published it into the SAP Enterprise Portal in the form of iViews.
- Delivered Documentation for all new objects and enhancements.
- Interacted with Power users for report generation.
- Conducted workshop for the end users on BEx tools and various reports execution.
- Enhanced Business Content, Data Sources with delivered/custom InfoObjects & Key figures. Activated Business Content as required.
- Involved in BW upgrade into BI and migrated the BW 3.x datasources to BI 7.0 datasources.
Environment: SAP BW 3.5, SAP BI 7.0, ECC 6.0
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
Senior BI Developer
- Worked on requirements gathering for HR reports from various Modules like PA & OM.
- Worked on data modeling and created Info objects, DSOs, Multiprovider, Infocubes, Infosets, Transformations, DTPs and Info packages.
- Enhanced many datasources and wrote customer exit to get the data for additional fields.
- Created generic data sources to extract the data from PA & OM modules.
- Worked on HR Employee, Personnel Actions, Head count and Payroll extractors to pull the data from R/3 system.
- Worked on Start routine, Update routine and End routine to extract data for various field.
- Created Process chains to automate the HR data load process for both Master data and Transactional data infocubes.
- Worked on Transports Maintenance for all developed objects for HR module.
- Worked on Class and Comp average report to display both statewide and agency wide report
- Worked on Employee Turnover and Demographics reports.
- Created delegation reports for both Org Management and Personnel Actions.
- Worked on HR Structural Authorizations to implement security on HR reports.
- Interacted with Power users by providing demo and user on how to use the various HR reports and BEx tools.
- Delivered the documents for all new objects and enhancements.
- Worked on support tickets from end users on various issues related to BI reports.
- Monitored Process Chains, loading errors and analyzed system logs and ABAP/4 dumps.
Environment: SAP ECC 5.0, SAP BI 7.0, BEx Analyser, BEx Designer.
SAP BW Consultant
- Installed Business Content and activated the SAP delivered Standard InfoCubes and InfoSources
- Worked on Generic Data Extraction (RSO2) to create DataSources for transaction and master data
- Created Views in the non-SAP database systems and generated Data Source for the tables/views.
- Maintained customized InfoCubes, Operational Data Sources, and MultiCubes for the business requirements.
- Defined update and transfer routines in transformation rules.
- Worked on Process Chains to load InfoCube, ODS, aggregate roll up etc.
- Extensively used BEX Analyzer to build queries, queries with maps and charts and Worksheets to access data from BW data targets.
- Involved in the development of programs for data conversion, interfaces, custom reports and transmission of data to vendors using advanced concepts like BDC, LSMW, and SAP Scripts
- Migrated material master legacy data into SAP system using LSMW in MM module.
- Extensively worked on ABAP/4 programming in SD, PP, MM, and FI/CO modules.
- Design, development and testing of reports, user exits, SAP scripts and print programs.
- Developed programs using Step Loops and Table Control using multiple screens.