- Over the years I have acquired extensive experience of latest technologies including:
- TOGAF 9 Certified Enterprise Infrastructure Architect with 14 years of IT Industry experience as Solutions Architect Technical Consultant.Provided IT solutions and strategies to clients by using strong technical and analytical skills. Worked closely with Project / Account Managers by getting involved in full project life cycle, from High Level Design HLD to the Physical Technology model PTM using TOGAF Architecture Framework. Extensive Presales experience in Bid environment.
- Client, Server and StorageVirtualizationusing VMware ESX 5.5, VDI Virtual desktop Infrastructure and NetApp technologies,Storage Area Networks SAN , Disaster Recovery solutions for datacenters
- Microsoftand HP Unixbased infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience in enterprise network LAN WAN infrastructure design, implementation, and support.
- SQL 2005/2008/2012 Database and Exchange 2007/2010/2013 designs in clustered environment. Various business applications including SharePoint and BizTalk
- Worked closely with customers to Design, Plan and Implement their Projects. Experience of Cisco Aironet Wireless LAN Design and Deployments.
- Managed a Team of Consultants to adhere with Strict SLA and deliver projects on time. Designed and implemented Active Directory and Exchange infrastructures.
- Designed VMware ESX based virtualization solutions and Datacenter Migrations.
- Worked on Migration Projects with SQL and Application Migration in SAN environment. Experience of Designing LAN WAN Infrastructure and Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Experience inUnix and Solaris based datacenter designs.
- Understanding of HP Service Manager and Service Center Deployment in large environments and able to see the big picture before implementing new system and how it will integrate within the organization infrastructure effecting other systems.
- Experience of High Performance Computing HPC HP Superdome
- Migration from Novell Directory Services NetWare 6 to Active Directory, as well as coexistence between AD, NDS, and other directory services.
- Migration from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 and from Windows NT to Windows 2000.
- Experience with VERITAS BackupExec and Net Backup client server and Windows NT/2000 built in Backup Utility on EMC Clarion Backup systems..
- Installed large scale 802.11b/g Wireless LANs using Cisco AP 340/350 Access Points.
- Support and Troubleshooting of Dell, Compaq, HP and IBM ServersServers with RAID.
- BCS 4 years Degree in Computer Systems Engineering, GPA 3.0
- TOGAF 9 TOGAF 9 Certified Enterprise Architect
- VCP 4 VMware Certified Professional vSphere 4
- VCP 5 VMware Certified Professional vSphere 5
- CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate MCSE NT 4.0 Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer MCP Internet Microsoft Certified Professional MCSE 2003 Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer MCSA 2003 Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator CNE Certified Novell Engineer
- CNA 4 Certified Novell Administrator 4
- Compaq NT ASE Accredited Systems Engineer
- Cisco Wireless Aironet Wireless LAN Infrastructure Design Training
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY
Unix, SUN Solaris
Red Hat Linux 6, MAC OS X
Active Directory Design Implementation
Exchange 5.5/2000/2003 Design Implementation
SQL 2000 2005 installation
Novell Netware 3.12, 4.11 6.0
Infrastructure Migration from Windows NT to 2000/2003/2008 and Netware to Windows 2000/2003
Internet Information Server IIS 6, 7.5
Symantec Network Antivirus Security
Webtrends Enterprise and Internet Security
HP/Compaq Insight Network Manager HP Open View, Dell PE1955 Blade Server
Backup Exec and Windows Native Backup
IP Firewall Configuration with Network Security using Access List Port Level Access Restrictions
IPSec VPN security with DES and Triple DES Encryption
Wireless Security using WEP and SSID
Port Scanning for Intrusion Detection Ether peek Network Protocol Analyzer
Dell, HP Compaq, Gateway Servers
System Hardware Configuration MCA, EISA, ISA, PCI AGP architectures
Intel Adaptec Raid Controllers
VMWare ESX Server
Acronis Snap Deploy Backup
Symantec Antivirus / VeritasBackup Exec 11d
Landesk Management Suite
Cisco, Netgear, Adaptec Routers, CatalystSwitches with VLAN
Watch Guard NetscreenVPN FIREWALL
Cisco AP 340, AP 350 Wireless Access Points
Adaptec LinksysWirelessCable/DSL Router
HP MPX200 Series multi Function Router
VPN NAT Network Address Translation
DNS Domain Name Services
DHCP Default Host Configuration Protocol
HTTP, FTP POP/SMTP Email Services
SNMP Network Management
Enterprise Infrastructure Architect
- Defining Infrastructure components for the applications supported by structured and non-structured data.
- Creating High Level and Low Level Design for GIS integration with existing application infrastructure.
- Projects technologies include SAP, VMWare, Wintel, Linux and Cisco networks
- Worked closely with Project Managers throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Providing detailed Infrastructure Architecture across multiple Tiers with SQL 2012, IIS, VMWare ESX 5.5 hosting Wintel technologies.
- Enterprise acquisitions and application / infrastructure architecture on Public private cloud with SaaS solutions.
- Created high level Solution Architecture Design of SharePoint 2007 infrastructure for MPS.
- Developed the strategy for integrating SharePoint infrastructure with SAP and documentum.
- Defined the specifications for development and test environments within MPS Infrastructure.
- Interacted with 3rd party suppliers to ensure adherence with the technical specifications and organizational goals.
- Provided GIS Integration with SAP and SharePoint using Silverlight and AJAX.
- Creating high level design for technology refresh and upgrade projects within client environment.
- Ensure Architecture alignment with client it architectural goals.
- Delivered Architecture for PCI compliant Infrastructure.
- Provided end to end solution for P2V virtualization of existing server estate of 1200 servers.
- Defined the virtualization criteria and worked closely with BAU teams to implement the design.
- Facilitating remediation of SQL2000/2005, Exchange 2007, Citrix and SharePoint 2007 Servers.
- Provided High Level design for upgrading existing VMware ESX3.5 Hosts to ESX 4.1
- Designed Storage Solutions based on HP EVA 8000, 3Par and MPX200 Multifunction Router.
- Provided Physical design for Microsoft SCCM SCOM within Rolls Royce infrastructure.
- Carried out intensive testing of package deployments and system builds using SCCM.
- Designed VMware vSphere4 infrastructure for production environment.
- Carried out design and implementation of HP DDMI into Rolls Royce Infrastructure. Taught several applications using SAI editor into the DDMI environment.
- Virtualization solution for Isle of Man and Southampton Data centers with VMware ESX 3.5 and VMware InfrastructurewithnWorksmanagement interface.
- Designed Implemented Microsoft Dynamics CRM at Southampton Datacenter.
- Solution Design for HP EVA8100 Storage Array with HP Blade servers on c7000 Blade Chassis.
- Windows Server 2003 2008 Active DirectoryRemediation. Design implementation of Microsoft System Center Operation Manager MSCOM at Southampton Data center.
- Siebel upgrade for Skandia and Old Mutual Group infrastructure.
- Architecture for MoSes HPC Cluster using HP DL380 Servers with Microsoft Windows 2003 Compute Cluster.
- Designed and implemented Utimaco Sophos Safeguard Enterprise to provide enterprise level data protection.
- Designed and Installed 50 Cisco Aironet 3500i Wireless Access points with Cisco 5508 Wireless LAN Controller.
- Provided consultancy to improve service management procedures of onshore and offshore resources.
- Virtualization solutions with VMware ESX 3.5 and VMware Infrastructure
- Solution Design for Microsoft SharePoint 2007 authenticating Internal and External users
- Windows Server 2003 2008 Active Directory Design and implementation with Microsoft Operations Manager MOM and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Implementation of Exchange 2007 into existing Active Directory Forest.
- Expansion of existing HP EVA8100 Storage Array and implementing new services using DL380 G5 Servers.
- Network Firewall configurations with application information security
GIS Solutions Architect
- Windows Server 2003 HP UnixDatacenter upgrades and consolidation and implementing HP OpenView
- High level Architecture for implementing HP Service Manager and Service Center at TFL.
- High level Designs for Enterprise Security and Symantec Antivirus
- Virtualization of existing server estate into unified environment using VMware.
- Virtualized desktop Infrastructure of Department of Health using VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure VDI
- Application migrations and upgrades of IBM AIX
- Solution Design for Enterprise Management using LANDesk
- High level Design for BMC patch management
- Active Directory integration and migrations
- SAN upgrades and backup solutions
- Worked on various government projects including
- Transport for London
- BAE Systems
- Department of Health
Infrastructure Architect / Project Lead
- Provided Network and Platform Architecture using TOGAF Framework for ALINMA Bank
- Ensured the Architecture is in line with RFPs provided by the customer
- Platform Architecture included High Performance Computing HPC and highly available redundant replication links between datacenters.
- Work with integration and implementation to ensure the design is according to the principals defined by network and Platform Architecture
Solutions Architect / Technical Consultant
- Technically evaluate the requirement by discussing with the customer and understand the business needs. Mainly for Exchange 2000/2003 and Active Directory 2000/2003 Implementations and Migrations in SAN environment
- Provided Enterprise Management Solutions using LANDesk to deploy Windows Operating Systems and patch management.
- Acted as Solutions Design Consultant to evaluate customer's requirements and provide solutions for Active Directory, Exchange, Network SAN infrastructure using ITIL procedures..
- Designed and Deployed Symantec Antivirus Enterprise in large Active Directory Integrated environments.
- Designed Best Practice Solutions based on customer requirements and Managed Rollouts.
- Managed complete solutions for the customers including Infrastructure Health Checks, Design, Deployment and Active Directory, Exchange and Application Migration Projects.
- Carried out High Level Health Checks for Dell / EMC SAN and Network Infrastructure for WHSmith, Shell and Multiplex. Carried out Health Check on Citrix Farm at Interserve and recommended changes and upgrades.
- Provided PCI DSS compliance consultancy to Shell and WHSmith.
- Designed and implemented VMware Solutions with Windows Server 2003Virtual Machines.
- Managed projects from Design to Implementation by leading a team of technical consultants of different areas of expertise.
- Designed Datacenter Solutions based on Unix, SUN Solaris and Windows Servers using High Performance Computer Clusters HPC.
- Provided Consultancy for Network Infrastructure and Topology Design and using Cisco and Dell SAN Equipment, including Dell / EMCCX3-20, CX500 and DAE using Brocade Switches and zoning the hosts with FC HBAs. Experience on Dell PE1955 Blade Servers.
- Document Exchange / Active Directory Design and Implementation Plan.
- Managed Data Centre Moves for up to 500 Servers.
- Communicate with Dell Installations Team and the customer at all levels during the course of the project and provide regular updates to ensure the progress accoutring to the customer's requirements.
- Ensured the successful delivery and sign off the project. Communicated with the customer at all levels to make ensure satisfaction with the delivery of the project
Active Directory Exchange Design Consultant
- Designed Exchange 2003 infrastructure in Multi Forest environment using resource and account forest model.
- Designed the Active Directory Site Topology for 115 Global locations of Rolls Royce network.
- Devised the site replication Strategy for KCC Chatter Reduction between Sites.
- Carried out Logon Script design and created scripts for creating Site-Links between Global Active Directory Networks.
- Designed Migration and implementation strategy for Exchange 2003 in Multi-Forest environment.
- Designed Group Policies to implement Security for Active Directory Resources in Multi Forest Environment.
- Documented the Design Documents and carried out peer reviews for project implementation strategy.
Active Directory Exchange Consultant
- Identified key problem areas in O2 NLBS server clusters that were drastically bringing the network performance down.
- Carried out on-site Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration for 16000 users.
- Worked with Windows 2003 Active Directory File and Print security NTFS permissions using GPO.
- Administered SUN Solaris Servers in the datacenter.
- Upgraded Windows NT clients to Windows XP.
- Administration Windows 2000 2003 Active directory with 1100 users divided into 5 Domains.
- Migrated Windows 2000 Exchange 5.5 Servers to Windows 2003 Exchange 2003.
- Administered Global Network between US UK offices.
- Used MOM for detailed diagnostics troubleshooting.
- Using daily Backups on Veritas Backup Exec Version 8.6 and administering Exchange 2000 Server.
- Installed UNIX Servers in enterprise environment.
- Implemented Corporate-wide Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition Antivirus Server based solution and configured LIVE update Scripts and scheduled daily automatic Virus scans.
- Constantly monitoring 3COM Switches and maintaining Netscreen Firewall between 4 subnets and 1 DMZ.
- Installed Remote Access Configured VPN on Netscreen 100 Switch and created Security Policies.
- Integrated Novell 5.0 with Active directory and migrated users from NDS to Active Directory.
- Installed and configured Microsoft Media Services on Windows 2003 Server for broadcasting meetings over the Intranet.
- Provided Security Managed network resources e.g. FTP, WEB and Email Servers with SQL 2000 and Exchange 2000.
- Setup Active Directory resource access security between multiple domains.
- Created and applied Group Policy Objects for Domain OUs applied VB Scripts.
- Used Video Capturing devices and worked with different Digital Audio and Video file formats.
- Managed Active Directory Integrated DNS DHCP Servers worked with IPSec on Windows Servers.
- Providing support to QA and Development Engineers and ensuring 100 availability of network resources throughout corporate Network.
- Provided support to in house Engineers and LABs.
- Windows XP Systems configuration for DNS, DHCP and Network Settings for ICI Corporate Active Directory Domain of 10000 users.
- Large scale Migration from Windows NT Workstation to Windows XP.
- Migration of Lotus Notes 4.6 to Lotus/Domino 6.
- File and Printer sharing security configuration on Active Directory Enterprise network.
- Migrated Files and printers from Windows NT 4.0 to Active Directory.
- Configured Citrix for remote applications.
- Hardware Troubleshooting and roll over fro NT Workstation 4.0 to Windows XP Professional on Dell Laptops.
Provided Technical consultancy and carried out System installation to Dell customers in Northern Virginia. Conducted pre sales Technical evaluation and site surveys. Defined scope of work to Dell where CQ was created. Carried out installations after the project was sold.
Installed Windows 2000 Network with Active Directory, Exchange 2000 and SQL Server 2000. Installed SNA Server and ISA Server for Internet. Installed and Configured WatchGuard SOHO 6 VPN Router/Switch/Firewall and enabled Remote Access using PPTP and MUVPN. Installed DNS Server for Name resolution. Created user accounts and group policies to access shared Files and Printers on the Network. Configured Dynamic DNS for automatic remote IP consistency.
Installed Windows 2000 Based Network with active directory domain on Dell Power Edge 1600 Server and Client PCs. Configured Routing and Remote access on the server with DNS, DHCP Services. Updated the Data Format from old versions to newer versions and migrated to Windows 2000 Server. Installed Veritas BackupExec for automatic backups.
- Provided Consultancy Services for design and implementation of Windows 200o based Networks.
- Carried out site survey and pre sales meetings and quoting the project.
- Administered Windows NT 2000 based network with Active Directory and Internet Information Server. Installed Windows XP on Client computers.
- Created Users and Group Policies and Directory restrictions.
- Configured Enterprise network with Microsoft Exchange Server, DNS, DHCP, and Routing services with NAT.
- Provided consultation on SAN clusters.
- Migrated Windows NT Workstation to XP.
- Installed Web hosting services and domain configuration for corporate clients.
- Provided technical support to company users with network optimization.
- Installing Network Equipment such as Hubs, Switches and Routers.
- Configured Windows NT 2000 Servers With Active Directory and ISA Server Workstation Operating Systems.
- Installed CAT5e structured cabling using Patch Panels RJ-45 Interface and provided data connections.
- Surveying sites and planning for installation.
- Enterprise Network Setup with Windows NT Servers with domains. Installed Windows NT/2000 Servers for proxy and content filtering.
- Configuration of IEEE 803.1Q based VLANs on Intel 500 series Layer 3 Switches.
- Installed and Configured Cisco 340 350 802.11b Wireless Access Points.
- Used Cisco 3660, 2500 1600 Routers for NATting and provide DHCP services to wireless clients.
- Configured Compaq handheld computers to access wireless network.
- Completed 22 Projects in USA.
Senior Network Engineer
- Provided troubleshooting support reconfiguration of corporate customers' LANs primarily based on Windows NT/2000 Novell NetWare operating systems
- Installed installation of Intel 8000 and 9000 series routers, 140T, 330T Hubs and 500 Series Switches
- Installed 10Base-2, 10BaseT and 100Base-TX with BICC Brand REX and AT T structured cabling using Patch Panels RJ-45 Interface.
- Supervise the structured cable installation.
- Designed and implemented local and wide area Networks according to requirements of the clients evaluated after thorough study of floor maps and traffic load calculations.
- Installed GIGABIT Matrix using Intel 510T and 550T Switches.
- Configuration of IEEE 802.1Q based VLANs.
- Configuration and Installation of Microsoft Internet Information Server.
- Installed configured Windows NT with DHCP, DNS, WINS, RAS, SNMP, PROXY and Reverse Proxy Services with POP SMTP email Servers using LDAP.
- Configuration and installation of 3COM PS/40 Port Switch Manageable Hubs, 1100 and 3300 Series Switches
- Installation and Configuration of 3COM Transcend Manager Version 6.0 on the Campus Wide Network.
- Installed and configured WebTrends Enterprise Version 3.0 to monitor Internet usage and log analysis.