- Has 8+ years of experience in SAP R/3 Sales and Distribution Module including 3 full life cycle implementations of SAP R/3 ECC 4.7 and 6.0.
- Expertise in understanding the definition of functional requirements and mapping the business needs with SAP system, process improvement, project scope definition, configuration, testing, implementation, training and production support.
- Expertise in ASAP methodology involving all phases of SAP implementation lifecycle from initial project planning and scoping through Data Collection, Gap Analysis, Business Blueprinting, Legacy System Conversion (LSMW), Realization, Testing, Final Preparation, Go-Live Support, End User Training and Documentation.
- Areas of implementation include industries from wide range of domains such as automotive, oil and gas, apparel and footwear, chemicals and pharmaceuticals.
- Good knowledge of ABAP Debugger.
- Expertise in configuring Master Data: Organizational Structures in SD, Sales Areas (Sales Organization, Distribution Channel, and Division), Shipping and Transportation, Customer and Business Partners (Account Groups, Partner Functions), and Customer-Material information Records.
- Extensive knowledge on customization and implementation of Order-to-Cash cycle by configuring sales document types, header, Item and schedule lines and setting up Copy Control.
- Expertise in Pricing by using Condition Technique (Condition Types, Condition Tables, Access Sequences and Condition Records).
- User Exits for Sales Order, delivery and billing for manipulating header, business item, and pricing.
- Expertise in Configuration for Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements
- Good understanding of diversified sales and distributions functions such as Output, Text and Partner determination, sales Incompletion logs and customer hierarchies.
- Expertise in configuring special sales scenarios such as Third Party Sales, Consignment Sales
- Experience in configuring Credit Management and Scheduling Agreements.
- Expertise in System Testing, Unit Testing of Interfaces, forms, reports, conversions and enhancements.
- Experience in cross-functional integration points with other SAP modules such as FI/CO, MM and PP modules.
- Generation of mapping documents between SAP for EDI transactions (both inbound and outbound), verification of outbound IDOC and of inbound IDOC and ALE.
- Extensive experience in Logistics Execution (LE) functions like Delivery processing ( In bound & Out bound), Picking, Packing and Goods Issue, Transportation
- Good understanding of Variant Configuration: Class, Characteristics, Object Dependencies, Configuration Profile, Super bill of material, Routing, Variant Pricing and Simulation.
- Involved in post-sales Customer Services such as service notifications, warranties and Repair Orders.
Client: Confidential, Sanford, NC
Role: Senior SAP SD Consultant
Confidential, as a worldwide automotive parts supplier, makes its key technologies available to its final customers at an affordable price, by matching high quality and a competitive offer, technology and flexibility. Confidential is providing its know-how and wide-ranging expertise in electronics, through a process of ongoing innovation and environmental sustainability in order to develop intelligent systems for active and passive vehicle safety, onboard comfort and powertrain technologies. This is a support project responsible for the Sanford Plant and I was alone as a SAP SD/LE consultant and responsible for all new enhancements, system improvements and thereby supporting business.
- As part of Support team for SD/LE, developed an overall understanding of the design, implementation, customizations, testing & local business requirements & processes.
- Stepped into this project before Go-Live & played a major role with data readiness & other cutover activities prior to Go-Live.
- Worked on tasks involving Sales & Distribution functionality directly with business to gather requirements.
- Analyzed business requirements and developed system proposals, functional specifications and designs.
- Worked as part of project team to deliver new SAP Order-to-Cash system in North Carolina.
- Worked extensively on Scheduling Agreements – Forecast delivery schedule and JIT delivery schedule.
- Ensured quality systems integration, followed testing and change control procedures.
- Provided support for SAP production environment troubleshooting issues and implementing resolutions.
- Prepared regular activity status reports to inform management of work completed or pending, identification of any issues which need resolution.
- Provided technical expertise and direction in all areas of SAP SD processes and configuration.
- Identifying & deployed fixes in production within defined SLA.
Client: Confidential, Dublin OH
Role: Senior SAP SD Consultant
Confidential is a global specialty chemical company with offices and facilities throughout the world. In addition to global headquarters, they have four major sites: Confidential Performance Materials in Dublin, Ohio; Valvoline in Lexington, Ky.; Confidential Specialty Ingredients in Wilmington, Del., and Bridgewater, N.J. This project is mainly aimed at implementing the Sales and Distribution Customer Service process.
- Business requirement collection by conducting workshops and interacting with process owners
- Preparation of process flows by using MS Visio.
- Studied client’s business processes and prepared Business Process blueprint documents by using the business one documentation process.
- Converting the business requirements into the functional requirements.
- Mapped the requirements into SAP and prepared the fit & gap analysis report and provided solutions through technical development including interfaces
- Preparation of high level design documents as per the user requirements.
- Identification and recording required DATA transfers between the SAP system and legacy systems.
- Preparation of Master data requirement documents for this project.
- Tested the IDOC’s and debugged the errors.
- Identification & implementation of the Integration points with the other modules.
- Configuration of Customer services such as service notifications, warranties and Repair Orders.
- Co-ordination meetings with the end users & other team members.
- Documented the material required for user manuals.
- Organized trainings to the users
- Involved in User sign-off process.
Client: Confidential, Greensboro, NC
Role: SAP SD Consultant
Confidential is a global apparel company based in the United States. Confidential designs and manufactures or sources from independent contractors a variety of apparel and footwear for all ages. The Company business segments include Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, Sportswear and Contemporary Brands. This project is about upgrading SAP to the latest version and also integrating TNF brand into Mexico.
- Upgrade/ Enhancement Project (SAP Version 4.7 to ECC6.0).
- Mostly worked on Order management for upgrade project.
- Prepared EDD (Enhancement Definition Document) for functional enhancements.
- Worked with other team members to translate business requirements to solutions.
- Prepared Functional requirement checklist, Developed detailed training procedures & Documentation for Key users and end users.
- Identified Testing scope & scenarios, prepared upgrade deliverables checklist and performed upgrade testing for each application Module.
- Scoped existing systems for errors and bugs such as persistent financial holds on order processing; investigated the issues and provided solutions.
- Verified the customizations and configurations done by navigating through all screens.
- Participated in regression testing to ensure that the new business processes still work properly.
- Assisted training staff in updating the training and documentation for new release.
- Identified solutions using Online SAP library & OSS notes.
- Variant configuration including Configuration of Configurable Materials with Different classes and Respective Characteristics with their Characteristic Values.
- Worked on Processing Sales Order and BOM in Variant Configuration.
- Involved in Defining Dependencies like Precondition, Selection Condition, Actions, Procedures and Constraints in Variant Configuration.
- Used Variant Condition to influence the Price of Configurable Materials.
- Configured Simulation is used to check the Configuration Model in Variant Configuration.
- Worked extensively on User Exits for enhancements.
- Production support of SAP & its interfacing systems by reviewing problems raised by the business, investigation and solution of these problems, testing and then implementing configuration changes.
Client: Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
Role: SAP SD Consultant
Confidential offers its customer’s hydraulics, electric drives and controls, gear technology, and linear motion and assembly technology all from one source. This is a Full life cycle implementation project that includes order management, Pricing, delivery processing, Billing & Data loading from legacy systems and is aimed to roll-out Bosch template to the new Electric Drives and Controls plant.
- Gathered business requirements, documented Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and completed configuration activities for the SD module for their Order-to-Cash processes including order management, delivery processing, invoicing, and cash application.
- The work shall involve defining various organizational units like Sales Organization, Distribution Channel, Division, Sales Offices, Sales Group, Sales District & assigning them to each other so as to accurately reflect the organization structure.
- Working closely with technical team to identify program enhancements for Brand division.
- Configuration of Partner Determination, Text Determination, In-completion Procedure, Copy Control, Routes, LE - Shipping (including Delivery Processing, Picking, Packing, Goods Issue & LE Outputs), Returns, Third Party Sales, Credit Management etc.
- Configuration of Pricing Tables / Access Sequences / Condition Types, Pricing Procedure determination, Pricing Routines.
- Configuration of Billing Types, Debit & Credit Memo, G/L Account Determination and FI Accounting. Output Determination Procedures for billing documents.
- Configured scheduling agreements.
- Worked on the configuration required for EDI, like Partner Profile, message controls etc.
- Cut-over functions: This activity involved- Master data upload for Objects like Customer Masters including Partner function assignment, Customer Material info, Pricing, Outputs & Credit Masters.
- Production System Go Live.
Client: Confidential, IN
Role: SAP SD Consultant
Confidential is the tenth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Its global business areas cover bio-medicines, Diabetes, Animal health and Oncology. This project is a full life cycle implementation of Order-to-cash and other sales and distribution processes.
- Involved in configuration of SD enterprise structure such as defining the Sales organization and assigning distribution channels, divisions and business Areas.
- Configured Customer Master, Material Master, Vendor Master, Condition Master, and customer - material info master records according to business requirements.
- Maintained Customer Account Groups, Partner, Text and Tax determination procedures.
- Configured SD modules in setting up document types, item categories. Scheduled line categories, and copy control of sales document types to billing and delivery documents.
- Configured sales documents including Quotation/Inquiry, Orders, Contracts, Scheduling Agreements, Delivery and Billing types.
- Configured Release procedure with classification for purchase requisitions & purchase orders.
- Configured Return order processing orders, Credit / Debit memos and accounting.
- Configured Rebate agreements in Billing.
- Involved in Pricing Configuration and revenue account determination (VKOA) LE-Shipping and resource related billing.
- Configured Third party sales order process.
- Worked with Revenue Recognition.
- Configured Credit management.
- Configured Checking Groups and Checking Rule for ATP.
- Documented Order to Cash process and user training.
- Migrated data from legacy systems to SAP Systems: Material, Customer, Vendor, Customer Hierarchy and Source Lists.
- Demonstrated High quality consulting effort that added to client’s satisfaction ratings and enabled team to establish credibility with key customer executives.
Role: SAP SD Consultant
Confidential is an American multi-national gas corporation. This is a support project, responsible for the smooth functioning of Order-to-Cash business cycle within Sales & Distribution processes.
- Configured of specific scenarios in inbound and outbound transportation and writing reports and involved with the test strategy for component testing with the test manager
- Configured the Logistics shipping by configuring the various functions like shipping conditions, route determination including the configuration of shipping types, modes of transport, routes and stages, transportation groups and loading groups
- Responsible for developing and testing End to End scenarios like Order Capture, Order management, Order fulfillment and order delivery
- Developed and Executed Unit Testing & Integration Testing of OTC Configuration
- Coordinate the creation of test data for system, business process, integration, volume, and regression testing.
- Prepared Test Plans and Test Cases using business and technical specifications.
- Tested the field errors, missing data, and syntax errors in all the custom programs and modified the field changes
- Supported functional specifications for enhancements, interfaces, forms and reports to support the OTC business requirement.
- Preparing and modifying Functional Test Plans & Functional Spec.
- Testing of entire Change request and upload test plans onto HP QC.
- Supported User Acceptance Testing (UAT).