- 9 years of SAP R/3 and ECC consulting experience as an SAP FI,CO,PS Consultant attained in over six engagements, and 4 full - cycle implementations , 4 roll outs and 5 support projects .
- Experienced in analysis, design, development, customizations of many SAP R/3 implementation projects, which includes 4 Full Life Cycle Implementations, Configuration and Support
- Managed global teams through project management PMP practices and standards which includes project planning, financial management, staffing, communication and scope management.
- Full cycle implementations of SAP R/3 and ECC with hands on experience of ASAP methodology.
- Blue print, Requirements Gathering and Gap Analysis, System configuration and Application Support.
- Expertise in configuring & testing complete business process related to General Ledger Accounting FI-G/L, Project Systems PS, Joint Venture Accounting JVA, Asset Management FI-A/M, Accounts Payable FI-A/P, Accounts Receivable FI-A/R, Controlling,
- Experiended in Integration of FI-MM, FI-SD,FI-PP Modules, Investment Management, Data Migration of master records through LSMW, CaTT, BAPI, EDI/IDOCS and Validations and Substitutions and some sub-modules of SAP especially in highly complex business environment.
- Proficient in analyzing and understanding of the business processes and conversion of business requirements into technical and functional SAP solutions, planning, gap analysis, design implementation, trouble shooting, performing tuning support, unit testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing and user training, Documentation and has demonstrated the ability to work efficiently and effectively within a diverse team environment.
- Extensively worked for multi-currency company environments and have exposure to inbound/ outbound IDOCS and have good technical working knowledge with ABAP debugging, code analysis, BW, BPC, XI, PI integration.
- Experienced working with both offshore and Onshore functional and technical teams using global delivery model.
- Possess Good communication, interpersonal skills. Highly motivated, detail oriented, has ability to work independently and as a part of the team with Excellent Technical, Analytical and Communication skills.
- Very much self-motivated and committed to gain exposure to multiple industries for my career growth . I am a quick learner and worked as a team leader and project manager too.
- High learning curve with the ability to embrace new tools and technologies with demonstrated leadership, ability to resolve issues, drive projects and meet deadlines
- Worked for Confidential GBS for 7 years, among which 2.5 years on L1 visa for Confidential USA.
- ITIL V.3 certified, PMP Trained.
ERP Packages: SAP R/3 4.6C to ECC 6.0, ECC 6.0 to EHP6
Implementation Methodology: SAP Ascendant Methodology, Solution manager, Confidential Ascendant methodology and Tool kit, Confidential SAP Workbench tool, Confidential RUN SAP Solution Manager methodology
SAP FI: GL, AR, AP, PS and Asset Accounting, Joint Venture Accounting, Open Text VIM
SAP CO: Cost Centre Accounting, Profit Centre Accounting, Profitability Analysis, Internal Orders.
Reporting Tools: SAP Query, Report Painter, and Integration with BW, PI, XI
Data Migration Tools: LSMW, e-CATT, IDOCS, BDC
Application Packages: MS Office Application and Adobe Applications, Confidential Clear Quest tool, SharePoint, HP Quality Center tool, Clarify tool, Remedy tool
Operating System: Windows 95/98/ XP/7, MS-DOS, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
Communication Software: Lotus Notes, BTO databases.
Programming Languages: C, JAVA and ABAPPROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Synopsis: 9 years of experience
SAP Expertise: SAP R/3 - Finance (FI) and Controlling (CO) Modules, Asset Accounting, Project Systems, Joint Venture Accounting, Reporting, LSMW, BDC, integration with MM, SD, PP, BW and additional expertise in Report Painter and Report Writer
Industry Expertise: Chemicals and Petroleum, Manufacturing and Distribution
Other Expertise: Business Process Optimization, SAP R/3 Harmonization and Release Upgrades, Full life cycle implementation using ASAP methodology. Understanding “As Is “ Business processes, Blue Print, Realization - Configuration, Final Preparation-Unit & Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Preparation of Test Scripts, Authorization design for Roles with Security team & developing BPP’s, End Users User Training Pre & Post Go Live Support.
Project/ Company: Confidential, New Hampshire
Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
Project Scope: Implementation Project
Role: Senior SAP FI consultant
- Reviewed and authored existing client project deliverables (e.g. As-Is and To-be functional requirements, enterprise structure, business process master list (BPML), business process design document, to-be functional design, baseline configurations (IMG), process maps, control matrices, testing scenarios, user acceptance tests, business process procedures) to meet project objectives.
- Build and maintained relationships with key executives, BPOs and SMEs.
- Supported FI (GL, AP, AR and AA) and Controlling (CCA, PCA, IO, COPC and COPA) modules
- SAP application support is provided to SAP and Akken system day-to-day problems and enhancements required in the FI/CO modules.
Project: Confidential, Chicago
Project Scope: Implementation Project
Major Role: Senior SAP FI consultant and off-shore Project Manager,
Understand the existing client’s tax filing sources, tools & processes and Customize SAP using IDOCS, Programs as per 1099 PRO legacy system.
- Lead project deployment and support business transformation as business experts for FI tax.
- Involved in different phases of life cycle implementation of SAP R/3 including Business Process engineering using ASAP methodology. Proficient in Project Evaluation, AS-IS study, Fit-GAP analysis, TO-BE process, trouble shooting, performance tuning, Production Support and End-user training.
- Provided SAP expertise and support in documenting and justifying project specific requirements
- Analyzed, designed and provided to solution team specific configuration data.
- Supported technical team in building the solution as per IRS guidelines.
- Ensured solution testing, defect formalization to ensure any bug fixes
- Provided post implementation support till the system is stabilized.
Project: Confidential, Bangalore November 2012 - June 2013
Project Scope: Implementation Project, AE solar business migration from legacy system to SAP system
Major Role: Project Manager and SAP FICO SME consultant.
My responsibilities include finalizing the design, Implementation, testing and closing of project activities
- PMP Trained and led a team of 10 members globally.
- Managed team members by providing them needed training and guiding them throughout the project life cycle.
- Delivered Excellence in all areas, ensuring optimal utilization of drafted resources and applied processes.
- Ability to Multi-task and experience working in dynamic, diverse environments.
- Managed the FICO, PS, PM, MM and SD ‘proof of concept’ activities including requirements gathering, fit/gap analysis against the existing solution and solution presentation
- Interacted with clients and different teams via meetings held through media, calls etc., to complete all the project life cycles as per their requirement in time and in budget.
- Assisted other managers and resources in completing the projects as per the client’s standards.
- Presented the timely reports to clients for helping their strategic decision making process.
- Created and presented project plans, proposals in the area of SAP integration.
- Defined systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
- Proficient in Banking, AR, VIM setup.
Mini Project: Confidential
Major Role: To provide assistance in creating new company codes and support of FI module as and when required, as this implementation was carried out by different organization.
Project: Confidential North America, Tulsa, OK
Project Scope: SAP R/3 4.6C implementation, Support and also an upgrade from SAP 4.6C to ECC 6.0, EHP5. This includes the FI/CO, CCA, PCA, CO-PA, MM, PP, WM, BW, HR, JVA and SD modules.
Specific Role: SAP FICO consultant and Team Lead
Responsible for analysis, development, testing and implementation of Customized solutions for Support, new implementations and upgrades.
- Practical knowledge of configuring the requirements to SAP FI, CO, PS module & setting up the organizational structure and global settings using IMG.
- Provided support for production issues as first level production support specialist and Subject Matter Expert.
- Only member responsible for FI year end closing activities along with mini implementations (company code configurations, preparations for real life scenarios, etc.,) within the project.
- Monitoring the support issues, quality improvement to resolve within agreed SLA.
- Provided functional and investigative support for technical users on interfaces, defects, change requests, debugging issues, testing, service pack upgrades and adhoc report requirements.
- Customization experience in various areas of IMG activities including Organization structures and process flows in Finance and Controlling.
- Coordinate and communicate tasks with developers and ensure that development is performed as per requirements.
- SAP OSS administration through which OSS Notes are implemented.
- Created test scripts and scenarios for enhancements and customizations to the core product.
- Translate customer requirements into formal requirements and design documents, establish specific solutions, and leading the efforts including programming and testing that culminate in client acceptance of the results.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of functional and Technical experience in SAP and other leading-edge products and technology in conjunction with industry and business skills to deliver solutions to customer.
- Communicate activities/progress to project managers, business development, business analysts and clients.
- Experience with USGAAP, IFRS / VAT principles
- Extensively worked on banking, VERTEX, Withholding Tax, Extended withholding tax configuration, support and integration with legacy systems via Idocs.
Project: Confidential Project, Tulsa-OK
Major Role: SAP FI Consultant during implementation phase and worked as an FICO, PS, and JVA support consultant for Post Go-Live Support.
Project Scope: Move of Client’s Alaska business from legacy system to SAP 4.6 to ECC 6 version
- Involved in the study of the existing business process of the legacy system, functional design specification of the business process to be followed to implement the same in SAP using ASAP Methodology, performed FIT-GAP analysis and corrected the design whenever necessary after feedback from business users
- Implementation from development of business Blueprint to end user training and Go Live
- Set up Company codes, Chart of account, FYV, Tolerance limits and FSV
- Configured customer and vendor groups for domestic, foreign and one-time customers and vendors.
- Defined number ranges and customer tolerance limits
- Defined reference Accounts and Account Assignment Models
- Worked with ABAP consultants and designed functional specs & technical specs for various interfaces in FICO
- Provided Production Support for all the issues involved in AP
- Configured house bank, bank determination and set tolerance according to the company’s tolerance limit, for the smooth functioning of Automatic Payment Program (APP)
- Configured lockbox program for EDI and IDOC setup
- Associated with the SD team for determining the condition type and account key in the pricing procedure for linking the G/L account to the account key
- Worked with Material Management (MM) team for integration of FI with MM module
- Assignment of G/L accounts to Inventory A/C and GR/IR A/C in Automatic Account Assignment during SD-FI-MM Integration.
- Developed multiple derivation strategies, table look ups in line with business requirements of reporting based on product/business lines, product hierarchy, and country of origin, ship to party, trading partner and configured valuation using conditions of characteristics.
- Created Controlling areas, Cost Center and profit center hierarchies and CO object assignments, Substitution and Validations.
- Defined, settlement profile, settlement structure and cost elements for internal order settlements
- Maintenance of budget profile, planning profile and planning versions in controlling
- Provided end user training on the same
Project: Confidential UK Project, Bangalore
Industry: Chemicals & Petroleum
Project Scope: SAP R/3 4.6C implementation, Support and also an upgrade from SAP 4.6C to ECC 6.0. This includes the SAP FI/CO, CCA, PCA, MM and SD modules.
Specific Role: SAP FICO consultant and SME
Responsible for new implementations and upgrades.
- Full cycle implementation experience in FI/CO Module - Analyzed business requirements and the existing system for AS -IS scenarios, gathered functional requirements through user workshops, gap analysis, and participation in process improvement teams.
- Determined the scenarios for testing by understanding the business requirements and developed the test scripts.
- Created test scenarios and test scripts for GL, AP, AR, AA, CCA, CEA, CO-PA, I/O, CO-PC, PCA and RICEF Objects
- As a part of Integration testing created test scripts and executed them in Quality Center.
- Identifying the RICEF objects and writing of Functional Specifications and worked in finding the Tables and Table fields.
- Responsible for General ledger Accounting FI-GL, Accounts Payable FI-AP and Accounts receivable FI-AR.
- Configured and customized Chart of accounts, Company code Global Parameters, Fiscal year Variants, Posting Period Variants, Account Groups, and Field Status Groups.
- Creation of Customer/Vendor Accounts Groups, Number Ranges, and Customer/ Vendor Masters Creation
- Worked on Financial Accounting Global Settings include creating and maintaining Fiscal Year Variants, Assigning Company code to the Fiscal Year Variant, Define Variants for Open Posting Periods, Define Variants for Open Posting Periods, Assign Variants to Company Code, Define Document Number Ranges.
- Worked on Automatic Account Determination, GR/IR, and Down Payments.
- Monitoring and reviewing company spend accounts.
- Expertise in creating an asset, Define Depreciation Areas, Copy Reference Chart of Depreciation/Depreciation Areas, Assign Chart of Depreciation to Company Code, Creating an Asset Class, Copy Asset Classes from Reference, Assign Accounts
- Provided business users with reports to analysis and make business decisions as requested.
- Responsible for Trouble shooting various issues and resolving top priority tickets on daily basis and also worked with ABAP team on enhancements, Reports, Interfaces, Tables and resolving the issues.
- Assisted in Month-End & Year-End Close Operations & Balances Carry Forward to various ledgers and new Fiscal Year.
Project: Confidential, Bangalore
Industry: Chemicals & Petroleum
Project Scope: Support Project and it includes the SAP FI/CO, CCA, PCA, MM, PS and SD modules end user support.
Specific Role: SAP FICO consultant and SME
Responsible for fixing all priority issues related to daily business or Month / Year end activities.
- Involved in the implementation of Roll out project, including defining the additional business requirements, analyzing the gap, configuration and testing.
- Analyzed the existing system for AS-IS study, gathered functional requirements through user workshops.
- Support the design and development of SAP financial configuration and business process procedures
- Support production configuration and assist in functional change requests
- Assist with responding to user requirements, problem resolution, develop designs, and process modeling
- Perform initial testing of problem fixes, change request, enhancements, and new functionality
- Work with BASIS and ABAP personnel to define custom program specifications and trouble shooting.
- Creation of G/L accounts including creation of account groups, creation of number range and assigning the same to the account groups, maintaining the open item management, created Company Code from the existing company code, assigned the company codes to the Chart of Accounts (COA).
- Prepared the Cutover plan and carried out cutover tasks as per schedule and meetings for discussion of issues, new requirement and fixing bugs.
- Manually Tested Functionality of Asset Accounting and its Account Determination is as per BPPs like Asset master data, Asset Classes, Chart of Depreciation, and Depreciation Areas, Depreciation keys, Depreciation Postings, and Depreciation Calculation methods.
- Created Primary and Secondary Cost elements, Cost Element Groups, maintained Cost Element Attributes, and Costing Sheet etc.,
- Configured credit control area, cost elements, cost centers, profit centers
- Participated in release upgrade or new functionality / enhancement assessments and make recommendations
Industry: Manufacturing and Distribution
Project Scope: SAP R/3 4.6C offshore Support and implementation project
Specific Role: SAP FI Team Member
Responsible for production issues as second level production support member.
- Resolved typical issues which resulted in high productivity and efficiency.
- Supported the client in Post Go Live and worked on Post Production Issues
- Worked on solving the production issues regarding GL, Automatic Payment Program (APP) to pay the open payables.
- Month End closing process for GL, AP. Involved in Reconciling GL, AR/AP roll forward summary reports, running Month End reports.
- Worked with Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms and Workflow different FI/CO modules.
- Worked on Foreign currency revaluation to re-valuate the vendor open items and also setup the G/L accounts for Realized gains and losses in revaluation
- Involved in writing Integration Testing Scripts as well as User Acceptance Testing Scripts
- Worked on critical payments issues in SAP Treasury, fixing issues on stuck IDOCs for payment, Worked with various integration team Informatica / BW teams on payment issues.
- Manually opening periods for various countries during month end issues, automated Resolution provided to client to create batch jobs to open the periods.
Project Scope: The Confidential has been launched with the objective of imparting the experience of a real life SAP implementation project to consultants through a simulated project environment.
Specific Role: SAP FI AnalystResponsibilities:
- Understanding the As-Is business process (based on the business case and role plays)
- Preparation of Business Process Master List, To-Be documents
- Gap analysis
- Arranging process validation workshop and getting sign-off of “To-be” document
- Preparation of development functional specification
- Co-ordination with technical team for object development
- System Configuration, Unit testing and Integration testing
- Test problem resolution
- Authorization design and coordinating with Security team for role build
- Creation of User Training manual, Coordinating User Acceptance Test
- Data Migration in Cut Over phase through LSMW programs
- Post Go-live support
- Implemented SAP ECC 6.0 to a model company involved in manufacturing automobile accessories and industrial products. The simulated implementation project includes SAP modules: SD, MM, WM, FI, CO, PP, QM, and HR
- Functional specifications for ABAP developments (reports, enhancement, data conversion etc.), inputs to SAP security / Authorization design
Specific Role: ProprietorResponsibilities:
- Assisted in managing daily accounts, including financial analysis, human resource and merchandising.
- Managed staff of 2 accountants and 300 investors.
- As its registered firm, financial support was provided to many small scale industries/business man.