- Over 8 years of IT and 6years of strong SAP FICO Functional experience with sound experience in module configuration, Global Implementations and application integration.
- Over 4 years of proven leadership skills in Evaluation, strong SAP FICO Functional experience recommend paths, Provide detailed gap analysis and high level project plans.
- Excellent diverse experience in management consulting and corporate finance in multinational environments.
- Excellent experience inInternational AP practices, Heavy on Intercompany Processes,Order to Cash processes, Special Ledger ,FI - substitution rules, SAP BI reporting ,PCABalance sheets activation ,Tax, VAT(Value Added Tax) group, CO-PA andproduct costingand implementing them internationally
- Also experienced with integration SD, MM, ML and other sub-modules
- Excellent skill working with solution manger and SM7 tasks and tickets
- Experiencein assisting the Business in new way of doing FASB 52 (Foreign Currency Translation), GL Account mapping in SAP usingSpecial ledger functionality.
- Experience in working withend users to explainthe Special ledger functionality.
- Experience in US- GAAP and IFRAS accounting standards.
- Extensive functional experience in Leading configuration efforts and Customizations in FI-GL, AR, AP, Credit and Asset Management, Special Ledger FI-SL,Project Systems, Bank Accounting,Foreign Currency, Treasury, SAP BI reporting ,Funds management,Cash Management (including FI team Lead role), enterprise consolidation usingEC-CSmodule, and interfacing FI with Project Systems and MM modules.
- General Ledger: Creation and maintenance of G/L Accounts and Account Groups, G/L Splitter program and new G/L configuration and settings, Open Item Clearing, Substitution and Validation rules, Foreign Currency Adjustments and postings
- New General Ledger: New G/L to perform parallel accounting, Document splitting, allocation, distribution and planning and also used enhanced reporting functionality of New G/L
- FI Enterprise Structure: Company code settings, Configuring document types and Fiscal year variants, Taxes on Sale/Purchase, Configuring and Maintenance of Tax Codes, Tax Procedures, Currencies and Foreign currency revaluation
- Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables: Configuring and maintenance of Account Groups, Configuring and customizing vendor/customer master data, Account groups, Terms of payment, Tolerance groups, Payment configuration, Dunning interest calculation and check management
- Bank: Customization of House Bank, Payment method, Automatic payment, Check payments, Electronic bank statements, Lockbox processing, Manual check deposits
- Asset Accounting: Creation and maintenance of assets, Depreciation areas, Asset acquisitions and transfers, Asset postings, Asset retirement, Asset reporting and period end closing
- Cost Center/Cost Element Accounting: Configuring and customizing the cost elements/cost centers, Reconciliation ledgers, Standard hierarchy, Activity types, Statistical figures and Assessment distributions
- Profit Center Accounting: Configuring and customizing the basic settings, Maintaining profit center hierarchy, Assignments, CO-objects to profit centers, & Distribution and assessment of costs
- Product Costing: Configuring material cost estimate with and without quantity structure, Maintained settlement structures, Configuring variance calculations and WIP calculation, Setting of activity and maintaining planning for overhead cost and integrating COPC with SD, MM and COPA, Cost variants and Valuation variants
- Profitability Analysis: Configuring and customizing operating concern, Characteristics, Value fields, Maintaining derivation rules and structures, Maintaining derivation tables, Planning versions, Planning layouts, Planning profiles, Creating drilldown reports
ERP Applications: SAP FI/CO Version 4.6C, 4.7, 4.7EE and ECC6.0 Operating Systems:Windows, Windows NT and Windows 2000. Methodology: ASAP DBMS: MS-Access General Tools: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Reporting Tools: Report Writer and Report Painter
- Have excellent leadership skill
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet aggressive deadlines
- Can work in a fast paced environment with attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under little supervision
- Highly motivated for team work
- Able to work efficiently in diversified working environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Speak multiple languages like English, Hindi, and Gujarati
MBA Finance Bachelor's Degree in Commerce (Accounting)
Confidential, Andover, MA Sap lead functional consultant FI/CO, SAP R/3 4.7 (Upgrade 4.7 ECC 6.0) Project scope: Full life cycle implementationNov 2010 to Current Philips is the involved in healthcare, consumer life style and lighting. I was involved in healthcare and consumer life style projects. Philips has acquired new patient monitor company Goldway in china. Worked as FICO consultant to implement SAP in China. Also worked on consumer life style products project like TV carve out and online shopping. Countries: (by travel or remote)China, Netherland, Finland, Norway, Sweden, UK, Canada
- Responsible for FI-GL, New GL, AR, AP, AA, PCA, CCA, PC, CO-PA.
- Worked with Solution manager and SM7 tasks and tickets
- Configured and customized Chart of accounts, Company code Global Parameters, Fiscal year Variants, Posting Period Variants, Account Groups, Field Status Groups, and Tolerance Groups.
- Worked on US GAAP standard and other submodule like SD, MM and materiel ledger
- Implemented New GL, Activated new Ledger, Performed document splitting , Parallel Accounting and periodic processing.
- Automatic Account Determination, GR/IR, Down Payments.
- Extensively exposed to integration issues of FI with MM and SD.
- Preparation of Revenue Accounts and Assignment of GL accounts.
- Configured Controlling Area Settings, Number ranges, and Maintained Versions.
- Solved the Post Production issues.
- Configured General Ledger - Created Master records, accounts groups, number ranges and G/L accounts for each company code, accounts maintenance and preparation to master files.
- Configured and customized Asset Accounting Module - Copied country specific chart of Depreciation and configured depreciation areas, defined assets classes, account determinations, screen layout key, allocate number ranges to assets classes , Down Payment configuration for Assets, and uploading of assets from Oracle Financials (Legacy) to SAP.
- Used LSMW for master data transfers, created reports using the report writer and report painter in CO-PA.
- Helped in month end and year closing activities.
- Configured dunning program, dunning levels, dunning areas and dunning forms for each company at company code level. Configured payment terms for dunning, for over-due interest calculations, for down payments and automatic clearing of line items. Report specifications to ABAP programmers regarding report format objects of the report, technical information i.e. tables fields and then testing.
- Involved in the basic implementation and development of Blue Prints for the entire project lifecycle related to MM module covering the full "Procure to Pay" business process.
- Developed a training plan and communicated with the client team on a regular basis to ensure successful execution of the plan.
- If the resolution is a major development or configuration fix, provide the necessary change detail.
- Able to understand both the standard application features as well as the detailed components of the customized features.
- Responsible for making changes, migrating them, completing the ticket and communicating the change to the support person.
- Co-ordination of problems with offshore resources (functional as well as technical) to ensure that the issuer is resolved within the stipulated SLAs.
- SAP FI CO Consultant for Pre and Post Go live and stabilization phase.
- End user training.
- Business Signoff for the development changes.
- Intercompany reconciliation.
- GR/IR clearing, Automatic clearing Issues.
- Issues related Invoice verification (MIRO).
- Failed idocs processing.
- Changes to conditions type and pricing procedure for the additional posting for the intercompany transactions.
- Configuring and Customizing Primary and Secondary Cost Element in Cost Element Accounting, Creation Cost Centers in Cost Center Accounting, Internal Orders, Profitability Analysis and Profit Center Accounting sub-modules.
- Maintained Controlling area settings and made hierarchy and other assignments
- In Cost Element Accounting created Primary and secondary Cost elements, created Cost Element Groups, Configured the reconciliation ledgers.
- In Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA) created the cost centers and maintained the Standard hierarchy, assigned cost centers to cost elements. Configured Activities, Statistical Key Figures.
- Developed cost sheet, cycles, segments for cost center distributions and assessment to allocate manufacturing overhead cost to cost objects. Configured settlements, cost splits for Activity Price calculations. Setup internal orders and cost collector configuration.
- Customized order classification establishing a sophisticated system of order settlements and cost center assessment cycles. Set-up planning profile for cost center, activities, statistical key figures and cost element planning.
- In Internal Orders configured various internal order types, setup status profile for order type, maintained settlement rules, internal order planning, and budget profile and also set up tolerances for budget cost. Defined the settlement rules , and used internal order with AUC /Capital investment projects.
- In Profit Center Accounting maintained the basic setting, created hierarchy, dummy profit centers, Profit center master data, profit center groups, activity types, etc and extracted reports using PCA.
Confidential, MA Sap co-functional consultant FI/CO, SAP R/3 4.7 (Upgrade 4.7 ECC 6.0) Project scope: Full life cycle implementationAug 2009 to Nov 2010
- Fico AR Lead Business Analyst, New GL, Heavy on Inter Company processes and Transactions,Foreign Currency Translation,IFRS,Order to Cash processes,Payment Medium Workbench (PMW)Lead functional Consultant
- FI/CO configuration lead for SAP implementation using SAP's discrete and repetitive process models
- Work on the QTP resource to identify Scripts for Master Data
- Manage and work with end users to explaintheNEW GL Configuration,Inter Company, Migration to NEW GL,Concur Interfaces,FASB 52 (Foreign Currency Translation),Consolidation, GRR, IFRS, Lease accounting,Special ledger functionality anditemize differences between the old functionality and new functionality.
- Lead Consolidation efforts according to IFRS standards and training end users on the FiCOIntercompany Transactions,IDOCSand Consolidation modules.
- Involved in Full life cycle implementation of NEW GL,Vertex integration,Foreign Currency Order to Cash processes, SD, IFRS ,Parallel and leading ledgers..
- Involved in Product Costing and resolved issues withVariance Analysisin Production.
- Respond to end-user questions on a timely basis in Co-PA,Intercompany Transactions,Revenue Recognition, Product costing and Support the Team Leads on any ongoing knowledge transfer to end-users
- Work on Client's SME to create Data Sheet
- Work on Client's SME to create Exercise Guide
- Working with end users to explainthe Special ledger, Product costing, Revenue Recognition, AP, Average Costing,Material ledger SpecialistSpecial ledgerfunctionality anditemize differences between the old functionality and new functionality.
- Upload Template into thePayment Medium Workbench (PMW)and configure the same.
Confidential , AL Functional Consultant FI/CO, SAP R/3 4.7 (Upgrade 4.7 ECC 6.0) Feb 2009 to Aug 2009 FI/Co,Implementation & Design,New GL, Intercompany Transactions,CATS and Travel interfacing,Co-PA Architect,Order to Cash processes, Foreign Currency ,SD,Migration to NEW GL, Leadfunctional Consultant
- Lead and suggest a solution in terms of SAP to help provide a cost-effective solution.
- Working with end users to explainAverage Costing,Intercompany Transactions,Payment Medium Workbench (PMW),Special ledger functionality anditemize differences between the old functionality and new functionality.
- Support and resolved issues with Vertex O Series Configuration,FASB 52 (Foreign Currency Translation),SAPTAO, HP Quality Center
- Involved in Production Support,Migration to NEW GL,Intercompany processes and Transactions,Payment Medium Workbench (PMW),Release management and Change Management,FASB 52 (Foreign Currency Translation),Supply Chain, Balance sheets,Vertex interfacing with SAP,Sales and Marketingand user support for FI/Co modules andBest practices in SAPin ECC 5.0.
- Lead and support fixed assets module - AA - CreatedRail road / Rail Car Fixed Asset, Group Assets, assets class, post periodic assets,Lease accounting, Asset Acquisitions and Depreciations, Chart of depreciation, New GL , depreciation area, fiscal year variant, number range, substitution rule in the fixed asset master records and Review of fixed assets accounts.
- Leadin-House Cash management,New GL,Intercompany Transactions,Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing,SAP BI reporting,Cash Forecastingwith Treasury and configuration with Treasury securities.
- SupportIntercompany Transactions and resolved issues with Intercompany assets
- Revenuerecognition reporting, BAI and BAI2 file formatsand resolve variousissues onCash Applications in AR module
- Profitability Analysis (CO-PA), created the characteristics and value fields, defined derivation structures and rules, maintained derivation table and profitability segments used in profitability analysis and defined various reports.
- Involved in CO for Test Script Conversion and lead the testing phase for CO,Revenue Recognition,Average Costing, New GL,Payment Medium Workbench (PMW),manufacturing cost vs. procurement.
- Involves procurement and receipt of raw materials, warehouse and shop floor movements, shipping of finished goods. Product Costing configuration experience is especially critical
- CO expertise includes Cost Center Accounting CO-CCA,Intercompany CO Transactions,Average Costing,Cost and Revenue Element Accounting CO-CEL, Profitability analysis CO-PA,Profit center Accounting CO-SPL and PCA, Product Costing, Report Painter and Report Writer.
- Excellent experience inInternational AP practices, Special Ledger, FI - substitution rules, PCABalance sheets activation,Tax, VAT(Value Added Tax) group,SAP BI reporting,Vertex integrationandproduct costingand implementing them internationally.
- Lead G x P, ABAP, Mercury Test Director and Involved in Blueprintto perform a conversion of the SL pool tables.
Confidential, Orlando, FL SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant Enhancements and supportJune 2007 to Dec 2008 CHEP is the global leader in Pallet and Container pooling services, serving customer in a wider range of industrial and retail supply chains, including consumer goods, fruit and vegetables, meat, home improvement, beverage, raw materials, petro-chemical and automotive industries
- Participated in analyzing the workflow, and reviewed all the processes, user procedures, and system requirements to design solutions.
- Involved in Defining and Configuring Chart of Accounts, Account Groups, Tolerance Groups, Number Ranges, Posting Keys, Document Types, Fiscal Year Variants, and Field Status Groups in G/L accounting.
- Involved in Configuring Accounts Receivable (AR), House Banks, Bank Accounts, Reason Codes, Check Lots.
- Migrated the data from sap to NEW GL implementation and involved in the phases of this implementation.
- Extensively worked in controlling modules including, Product costing, Cost Element Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Order Accounting and Profit Center Accounting.
- Responsible for uploading legacy assets to SAP, calculations of depreciation and corresponding postings in finance and controlling modules.
- Worked on Creating Primary and Secondary Cost Elements, cost element groups for cost element accounting.
- Actively involved in Cost Center Accounting and created cost centers, activity types, statistical key figures, cost center standard hierarchy, cost center categories, document numbers, maintained default account assignments and automatic account assignments, allocations using cycle-segment method for distribution and assessment. Also configured all the settings in controlling area to address the Management accounting requirements of the Organization.
- Worked on Defining Profit Center Hierarchy and Cost Center Hierarchy, subsequent changes to the hierarchy as per the changing business requirements for reporting purposes and maintained the basic settings, created master data for profit centers, profit center groups, dummy profit centers, profit center hierarchy, activity types etc. Assigned profit center to the respective cost centers, material master and sales orders through sales order substitutions in profit center hierarchy and transferred revenue accounts and balance sheet accounts to profit centers in profit center hierarchy.
- Involved in Configuring the Profit Centers, Controlling Area and Operating Concern as per Business Scenario and Processes.
Confidential, Naperville, IL SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant SAP 4.7, FI, GL, AP Mar 2006 to May 2007
- Responsible for gathering business requirements, participating in system design, configuring and testing existing system and providing post implementation support for enhancements to the current system.
- System configuration and testing in the areas of FI-GL transactions, configuring adjustment accounts for GL, AP and AR.
- Configured settings for Company code, posting period variant, assigned document number ranges, tolerance groups for customers, G/L accounts and users.
- Maintained required settings in Accounts Payableviz.
- Configuration for payment program, Payment terms.
- Coordinated the integration efforts of FI/CO with SD, MM, based on functional requirements, automatic account assignment, maintaining the revenue account determinations & revenue recognition which is useful in integrating AR-SD
- Configured End to End AP module including the Vendor Groups / Number Ranges, Automatic Payment Program.
- Configured Special Ledger Taxes and Check Settings.
- Performed AP integrations to MM for various material movements (Automatic Account Assignments).
- Worked on LIV (Logistics Invoice verification) , linking of Vendor documents with EDI.
- Performed AR integration to SD for various Customer groups and material groups.
- Created & Maintained Customer Master data along with, Customer Groups, Payment Terms, Reporting, AR Aging.
- Have worked on Partial, Residual Payment types.
- Responsible for Configurations in Assets like, Copying reference Chart of Depreciation, made required settings for account determination, asset classes, screen layout rules, defining number ranges, valuation of assets in different depreciation areas, external asset acquisition, in-house asset acquisition, cross company code transfers, settings for depreciation runs, Asset Explorer, Settings for automatic account assignment ( FI-AA Integration).
- Configured the controlling area, cost elements, Cost centers (CO-CCA), Number ranges, Cost center hierarchy.
- Used Report painter to generate reports of PCA needed by the Business Owner.
Confidential, India SAP FI/CO Consultant SAP R/3 & 4.6B Jan 2005 to Jan 2006 Hindustan Zinc is India's only integrated producer of zinc and lead and is among the world's leading integrated zinc and lead producers. The company is a subsidiary of Sterlite Industries (India) Limited.
- Entire full life cycle of understanding the existing structure and business processes. Study of Activity flow & AS IS documentation and documented for TO BE blue prints.
- Configuring FI/CO covering GL, A/R, A/P including company code settings, documents (FI & CO), number ranges, chart of accounts, GL master data, field status group, fiscal year variant, posting period variant, special purpose ledger setup. Supported in the configuration of material ledger, material valuations, material account determinations
- Defined Master Records for Cost Elements (primary and secondary), Cost Element Groups, reconciliation ledger, Cost Centers, time-based fields, Cost Center Groups and Standard Hierarchy.
- Defined Activity Types and Statistical Key Figures for Calculation of Overheads. Defined Distribution and Assessment Cycles for Departmental Allocations and Defined Planning Profiles.Cost center accounting, Profit Center accounting, Internal Orders & Product costing.
- Wrote operating procedure for end users and prepared plan before going live
Confidential, India SAP FI/CO Consultant SAP R/3 Version 4.6C, FICO, AR, AP.Nov 2003 to Dec 2004 LG Polymers India Pvt. Ltd. (LGPI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of LG Chemical, Korea. LG Chemical is a leader in Korea and is establishing an equally strong presence in the Indian market by adding ABS and SAN to its current product range of polystyrene and Expandable polystyrene.
- Involved in SAP Life Cycle Implementation with ASAP Methodology.
- Involved in requirement analysis and analyzing the existing system for AS-IS study, gathered functional requirements through user workshops.
- Setting up company codes, chart of account, fiscal year variants, tolerance limits, and Financial Statement variant.
- Creation of Vendor Account Groups, Vendor Master Records, House Banks, Bank accounts, Check lots, Reason codes, Automatic payments, recurring entries, invoices
- Supported (LIV) Logistics Invoice Verification and Accounts Payable, including Purchase Order Account Assignment, Invoice Processing Automatic Payment Processing and AP reporting required for the retail business.
- Integration between FI-SD, FI-MM and over all business process such as Order to Cash, and Procure to Pay (A/P and A/R)
- Payment terms, split payment for employee expenses, developed a process for employee advances in A/P. Addition of new fields to vendor line items display in FBL1N.
- Clearing Inter-company Open Items of Accounts payables (A/P)
- Configured the settings for Outgoing Payments including Automatic Payment Program.
- Configured the settings for Incoming Payments. Worked on Cash Discount configuration. Worked Extensively on GR / IR.
- Creation of House Banks, Check Lots, Check Register, Correspondence and void of Checks in A/P.
- Support responsibilities include resolving issues and maintaining relevant documentation on an ongoing process and providing training sessions to end users for reporting needs.