- Overall 9 years of work experience with extensive knowledge in the field of financial data analysis & technical design and development, including SA P project analysis, customization and Implementation.
- Functional expertise includes Price Control, Order management, Billing and Revenue Account Determination, scheduling agreem ents, Output Determinations, Periodic billing.
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis, GAP Analysis, Requirement Gathering, and Solution Delivery. Identify various integration processes. Identify GAPS in early stages for an ahead of the schedule project delivery.
- Hands - on experience in Substitution and Validation for different FI scenarios and webdynpro platforms and UI portals.
- Expert in FI - GL, AP, AR, banking, treasury, Lockbox and electronic Bank Statement processing.
- Highly experienced in SAP Treasury Query/Drill Down Report
- Expertise in ABAP Queries and User-exit programming, Debugging, BAPI and BADI.
- Specialized In-House Cash (IHC) solution for centralized payments and inter-company settlement
- Hands on experience with configuring BCM (bank communication management)
- Strong design and configuration knowledge/skills for master data set up (house banks, payment methods, banks determination, EBS posting rules etc.) SAP Banking & EBS, MT103, MT940, BAI2 interfaces
- Experience on writing functional detailed design and testing specs for the IHC and Treasury solutions reporting needs.
- Cost Element/Cost Center Accounting: Planning, cost centers, cost center hierarchy, cost elements, statistical keys, activity type, assessment, distribution, reposting and integration with MM
- Profitability Analysis (COPA): Configuring COPA characteristics, value fields mapping, maintaining the derivation rules and valuation, creating Drilldown Reports and Planning.
- Process proficiency with BI/BW on HANA and leveraging cubes for reporting
- Hands on experience in writing functional specification for Customized Reports, programs for conversion and posting of master and transactional data and from legacy to SAP system.
- Participated in process improvement activities and demonstrated ability to understand business challenges and to translate them into technical/functional solutions
- Excellent Documentation, interpersonal, and communication skills that is well augmented by ability to manage multiple projects deliverables and meet deadlines
Confidential, Hercules, CA
SAP Billing & AR consultantResponsibilities:
- Involved in developing detailed functional specifications and configuration documents for revenue- recognition and direct debit processes.
- Provide solutions involving multiple areas of finance modules integrating with sales and distribution and material management.
- Worked on setting up banking and treasury process set up for accounts payable and accounts receivables, cash management, order management, billing and revenue recognition, output Determinations, and periodic billing and delivery splits
- Worked on implementing a solution for third party payments, direct debits using DMEE for foreign vendor as per the Bank Formats for countries like UK and Germany
- Enter configuration changes into ERP applications (SAP) to correct changes and to implement business functionality.
- Worked on setting up direct debit and bill of exchange process for customer payments.
- Provided support for user acceptance testing. Worked on integration testing and performance testing.
- Provided End -User training and prepared Documentation for the end-users, Support Go-live and cutover activities and hyper care.
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
SAP Treasury ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Designed and blueprinted cash management for Cash position Reporting, Cash Forecast Reporting and Liquidity Planner.
- Configure payment medium workbench (PMW) and created payment media files based on bank specification.
- Design and configured BCM (bank communications management) workflows providing multi- level approval process and batching
- Worked on creating release work flows and release procedures for multiple release objects under BCM (bank communications management)
- Led bank interface meetings with different banks as SAP subject matter expert to define technical and business requirements/scope.
- Designed and developed Inter-company settlement procedures, bank statement and AR/AR reconciliation process (Manual and Automatic)
- Assist in managing and tracking project progress, issues, in order to meet required key milestone dates
- Worked with client’s treasury team to review current regional payment and invoicing solution to help resolve critical issues with SAP and its bank interface
- Worked with treasury department designing a single global banking platform with JP Morgan for centralized EBS reporting and treasury payments.
- Worked on implementing a solution for third party payments using DMEE for foreign vendor as per the Bank Formats for countries like UK and South-Africa.
- Developed detailed functional specifications, enhancements and modifications documentation.
- Provided support for different releases and worked on defect resolutions and bug fixes.
- Resolved integration testing and UAT issues like program enhancements and DMEE additional fields.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
SAP Project Lead (FI-CO and Treasury projects)Responsibilities:
- Worked on variou s phase s o f projec t including requ ire men t analys is, blueprinting, and prov id ed solut ion and Re-Engineered, Configuration and Modifications to suite the client’s requirements.
- Worked on Price Control, Order management, revenue account determination, revenue contract & agreement creation, Output Determinations, Periodic billing, Delivery Splits.
- Configured new COPA characteristic via KEPA and updated COPA reporting for new COPA characteristics.
- Worked closely with technical team on modifying COPA user exit to populate new COPA characteristics in profitability segment.
- Mapped new GL accounts to existing value field and update VKOA, so data flows to profitability analysis.
- Worked closely with team of business users to roll out intercompany sales process, third party order processing and consignment stock, JV workflow, auto rebates.
- Worked with developer to develop a customized posting program to post adjustment JV’s and Special Purpose ledger transactions using Excel Upload templates via JV work-flow.
- Designed, configured, and tested Cash Management, Cash Position/ Liquidity Forecast, AP and Treasury payments, Electronic Bank Statement, Lockbox.
- Worked closely with BI/HANA team to create new table joints and data quarries.
- Worked closely with SD team on configuring different levels of Product Hierarchy to identify the specific material and to derive desired price based on the condition type and sequence access
- Expert functional and technical knowledge of Bank interfaces (i.e. Lockbox, Electronic Bank Statement, Check and Wire Payments).
- Worked with BI/BW HANA team on creating different reports for revenue and allocation reports.
- Extensive experience in developing specifications for Interfaces and Custom Reports
- Hands on experience in posting validations, substitution rules, forms, interfaces (ALE & EDI), user-exits, and reporting tools
- Prepared and provided project expectation and delivery time frame. Stuck to timeline and deliver the solution and successful go live.
- Provided support for onsite/offshore UAT testing. Worked on regression testing and performance testing.
- Provided End -User training and prepared Documentation for the end-users.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Full Life Cycle- SAP FI-AR & AP with EBS
- Involved in requirement gathering and Prepared RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix) based on BRD (Business Requirements Document)
- Configured House Banks, Bank accounts & sub accounts, Configuration of posting rules and Account determination
- Worked on configuration of Automatic Payment Program (APP), Dunning Program, Electronic Bank Statement (EBS), Check lots
- Configured payment terms, over-due interest calculations, cash discounts and automatic clearing of line items
- Designed the process of payment proposal approvals for different payment methods like ACH, Wire and Check
- Worked on creating DMEE tree for XML generation for different payment methods. (i.e. auto debits, outgoing payments and incoming payments etc.)
- Working with various banks (RBC, BOFA, Barclays etc.) across the globe for implementing automated solutions for incoming and outgoing payments including SEPA and IAT requirement.
- Designed & implemented Account receivable and payable reconciliation process with integration to Bank Accounting/EBS.
- Worked on custom program (RICEF object) for migration of balances of customer, vendor and bank accounts.
- Prepared testing plan and support testing team for all testing phases (IT, UAT and Performance Testing)
- Delivered project solutions in time for project delivery according to project plan and met client time lines
- Build regression test bed for the periodic regression testing based on minor and major system releases
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Full life cycle implementationResponsibilities:
- Involved in Gathering the requirements in Finance and controlling modules, interacting with Stakeholders and key business users and apple authorized service providers.
- Work closely with the business leaders to identify business requirements and then translate into technical specifications.
- Analyzed the Brazil specific requirements and translated them in to the business requirements document.
- Work with Material management team to set up new message type setup as well as partner profile set up with new plant and validate the finance postings as per Brazil local GAAP reporting.
- Configured various FSCM applications, such as Dispute Management, Collections Management, and Credit Management & Bank Communications Management.
- Assisted in resolving complex issues related to FSCM applications, such as SAP Dispute Management and SAP Collections Management.
- Worked on Logistics Invoice Verification (LIV or GR-IR verification) in FI-MM (Procure to Pay) integration and configured account determination for FI-SD (Order to Cash) cycles.
- Involved in development of new process for distribution of Nota-fiscal as XML & PDF to Customers and Carriers via email & Web Methods respectively
- Work on modification of average cost calculation and ICMS cost calculation as per the business requirement.
- Summarized, prioritized and reviewed each system issues with the team and resolve those under timeline
- Design integration process FI & SD and configured account determination for new pricing procedure.
- Wrote functional specs for custom interfaces and custom table creation.
- Worked on modification of SAP Vertex interface for Brazilian Taxation changes.
- Worked on enhancement of material average price calculation change based on statutory requirement change for local GAAP reporting.
- Prepare test cases and test data, resolve test issues, and prepared end user training documents.
Confidential, Toledo, OH
SAP FI-Treasury consultantResponsibilities:
- Responsibilities include developing functional specifications for various enhancement objects related to Account Receivables, Account Payables, Banking and Assets.
- AR/AP: configured manual incoming and outgoing payments, house banks, ranking order, bank accounts, check management, automatic payment program to meet the client specific requirements, recurring payments issues, worked on integration of FI with SD billing and MM GR/IR process.
- Actively assisted periodic Foreign Currency Valuation processes. Configured Valuation Methods, Valuation Areas and prepared Automatic Postings for Foreign Currency Valuation as part of an enhancement request. Also, assisted in periodic Foreign Exchange (FX) Valuation Runs.
- Configured Incoming Payments, Billing, Credit Management and Dunning Programs
- Configured various FSCM applications, such as SAP Dispute Management, SAP Collections Management, SAP Biller Direct and SAP Credit Management.
- In Dispute Management, configured a Case Record Model, created an Attribute Profile and created values for Attributes such as Escalation Reason, Reason code, Root Cause Code. Defined default values for Dispute case. Also, activated Process Integration (FI-AR) with Dispute Management. Captured the disputes where and when they arise, optimized the collaboration between the AR Accounting and Dispute department, streamlined the Dispute resolution process and handled cross-department dispute resolution.
- In Biller Direct, configured payment methods for Credit Card and Direct Debit and assigned them to Biller Direct.
- In Collections Management, determined the Organization Structure suitable for the based on their receivables, created work-list of collection specialist based on the Collection Strategy, configured various levels of Promise-to-Pay by the customer, and configured Collection Strategy so as to use Customer Contact for creating the work-list.
- Helped in configuring settings for the Controlling Areas.
- In Cost Elements Analysis, was involved in both primary and secondary cost elements, activating the reconciliation ledger and maintaining accounts for automatic reconciliation posting.
- Involved in transferring the CO-PA planning values to profit centers. Created and displayed the profit center reports from the management prospective.
- Involved in CO-PC period ending activities such as overhead calculations, WIP calculations, variance calculations, settlements of process orders, cost estimate updates, costing run, mark and, release for updating the price in material master record.
- Configured and Customized the Fixed Assets Accounting.
- In Master Data maintained Screen Layout for Fixed Asset Master Data Defined Valuation Groups, Valuation Keys, Period Control as well as Defined calculations key
- Settling of AUC to different assets by percentages, by ratios, by fixed amounts was planned depending on the requirements
Confidential, Lake Zurich, Illinois
Full Life cycle implementation
- Assisted the Team Lead in Business process review, design, configuration, testing, documentation and training in the areas of General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts payables, and Controlling.
- Conducted meetings with the users to understand the AS-IS business processes and documented business process flow charts using Microsoft Visio.
- Offered guidance on how the FI module works in SAP and helped configure the integrated product to support the SAP Processes.
- Configured and customized the G/L account master records, account groups, financial statement versions, recurring entries, validations and substitutions.
- Documented procedures for user training in maintenance of GL master, various GL transactions, GL reporting, month end and year-end activities.
- For Accounts Payables, defined and customized vendor master data - vendor groups, vendor group field status, number ranges, and vendor account groups.
- For Accounts Receivables, grouped customers to defined Credit Control Area and Dunning Areas. Configured tolerance limits for customers and managed AR reconciliation account for sub-ledgers for customers.
- Gathered requirements and created the page specs for customizing Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statement.
- In Fixed Asset Management, Copied Reference Chart of Depreciation, Assigned Chart of Depreciation, Specify Number Assignment across Company Codes and Account Determination.
- Classified Fixed Asset using Character Evaluation Group, Defined Transfer type for Acquisition, Retirement, and Transfers and for Inter-company Asset Transfers. Configuration of Capitalization of Assets under Construction with different Settlement Rules. AUC class was created with line item settlement option.
- Worked with ABAP team in developing User-exits to create Derivation Rules for the user-defined Characteristics.
- Conducted training seminars for end users for AP related transactions such as posting invoices, clearing invoices, and automated payment program execution and check management.
Confidential, Syracuse, NY
SAP FICO Functional Consultant
- Involved in requirements gathering and analysis. Reviewed and updated the functional design documents for FI/CO developments.
- Involved in developing detailed functional specifications and configuration documents.
- Responsible for Configuration and Project Management of following functions in FI:
- Global Settings: Configured organizational structures, chart of accounts, G/L master data, Field status groups, Fiscal year Variants, posting periods, document number ranges. Setup document types and posting keys for business transactions.
- General Ledger: Grouped G/L accounts into various account groups, Created reconciliation accounts for account receivables and accounts payables, Defined retained earnings accounts.
- Closing: Defined financial statement version, reports using financial information system.
- Configured FI-AR - customer account groups, customer master records, terms of payment, tolerance limits for customer payments, interest calculations, dunning procedure, credit memos and down payments.
- Configured FI-AP - Setup payment methods, vendor payments, Setup automatic payment program. Configuration and creation of house banks, bank accounts & assignment of these accounts to a check lot.
- Involved in configuration of Asset Accounting - chart of depreciation, asset classes, asset master, depreciation areas, number ranges, screen layout rules and account determinations and depreciation keys.
- Performed treasury operational functions such as cash management, cash forecasting, interest rate monitoring and forecasting, capital funding and financial derivative analyses.
- Responsible for configuration and management of following functions in CO:
- Configuration of Cost Center Accounting: Created Cost Center Group with standard hierarchy, cost centers, master data configuration.
- Defined planning layouts, distribution keys, activity price calculation and overhead calculation.
- Assisted in configuration of basic settings for distribution, assessment of cost and revenue.
- Performed analysis of all daily and non-daily financial treasury operations activities.
- Defined account determination for internal goods movements. Maintained automatic account assignment of revenue elements.
- SOX compliance initiatives, facilitating internal/external audits across diverse locations.
- Assisted in configuration of Internal Order Accounting, defined order types and maintained order master data.
SAP FICO Functional ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Analyzed AS-IS and TO-BE processed business requirements and made recommendation for changes to meet the need specified in BRD.
- Reviewed business process and business procedure thoroughly and helped complete blueprint determining the SAP functionality while implementing SAP ECC 6.0.
- Collaborated with business process owners (BPO) and with subject matter experts in reengineering business process and design.
- Configured in SAP FI-GL, FI-AR, FI-AP and configured master data for CO-CCA (cost center, cost center group, standard hierarchy), cost element accounting including setting up distribution & assessment cycles.
- Configured master data (profit centers, profit center group) in CO-PCA and CO-PC.
- Worked on configuration of standard cost estimate in standard cost planning.
- Worked on product costing for Make to Stock scenario and make to order scenario.
- Configured for costing the product on cost objects production order, sales order and product cost collector.
- Calculated WIP &input and output variance and worked on settlement.
- Worked on Characteristics and Value Fields Table in Profitability Analysis and Mapping it on to SAP.
- Ensured that all the revenues and cost postings flow in correctly in Profitability Analysis.
- Worked on transfer of assets from legacy system to SAP.
- Worked on the cutover plan and involved in go live support.
- Closely worked with other modules in the aspect of integration.
- Work on end user training documents.
- User Training on the processes and assistance in Developing End User Manual
SAP FICO Functional ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Involved in gathering business requirement, Preparation of Blue Print by reengineering the system to fill the GAP between the existing system and to the TO-BE system, mapping processes to SAP R/3 functionality, and collecting master data.
- Studied the changes in the standard SAP system for the new version and prepared change configuration scripts.
- Modifications for existing Functional Specifications for any field changes, new field and enhancing the customer objects to make them compatible with new version
- Documented all changes, revised the Business process procedures to facilitate the changes during the upgrade and team and users of new functionality being added with version change.
- Maintained Controlling Area settings and Configured settings for Controlling Area and Operating Concern, maintained Versions.
- Created Primary and Secondary Cost elements, created Cost Element Groups, maintained Cost Element Attributes, Costing Sheet etc.
- Configured valuation areas for Material Ledger, maintained number ranges for documents and assigned currency types to Material ledger
- Defined costing sheets for calculating Over head (percentage based over head calculation) in Product Costing (COPC).
- Extensively worked on Costing run to cost, mark and release multiple materials at same times in Product Costing (COPC).
- Configured multiple costing variants for period dependent sales data and involved in testing Bill of Material and Routing Data that is relevant for Product Costing (COPC).
- Customized settlement profiles, allocation structures and PA transfer structures to facilitate order settlement to COPA.
- Configured operating concern attributes and COPA settlement structure with the settlement rules to populate the values in the value fields in COPA.
- Created characteristics and value fields in COPA. Configured the derivative rules for user-defined characteristics, created costing keys for transferring current cost estimate in COPA.
- Thorough understanding of the relationship between various SAP modules (FICO, SD, MM) and of overall business processes such as Order To Cash (OTC) and Purchase To Pay (P2P)
- Implementation of Internal Orders for research and development projects. Created Internal Order, Budgeting, Corrected Entry Errors and Reposted Transactions.
- Configured all business transactions for accounts payable and account receivables including the Automatic payment program (APP) configuration, automatic check payment advice, Lockbox Processing, clearing of vendor and customer open items, bank master data, house banks for payment program, credit management, Periodic processing and correspondence.
- Configured and used LSMW for uploading master data of General Ledger, Customers and Vendors.
- Involved in integration testing and Checked GR/IR accounts and vendor accounts for transactions and resolved issues during integration testing
- Resolved issues relating to these upgrade in the modules GL Accounting, Asset Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Accounts Payable, Profit Center Accounting.