- Analytical, detail - oriented and proactive IT professional with over 19 years programming, project management and people management experience.
- Highly effective at applying technology to streamline processes.
- Strong skills in software development, problem solving, system analysis and communication.
- Known as a worker with a strong work ethic, methodical, persistence, 110% team player and initiative demonstrated by a track record of on time project completion.
Other areas of expertise:
- Application Integration
- Requirements Gathering
- Designer (Screen/Report)
- Excellent writing skills
- Results Focused
- Solid Tester
- Waterfall / Agile
- People person
Operating Systems: UNIX, WINDOWS NT, OS/MVS/XA, OS/MVS and DOS/VSE
Databases: ORACLE, ACCESS, VSAM, IMS / DL1
Languages: ABAP/4, SQL, C, COBOL, DL1, CICSSoftware:
- SAP (6.0
- 3.1h 3.0 and 2.2e)
- User Exists
- MS Project
- CONVERSION SCIENCES
- OS JCL
- DOS JCL
- VSAMTUNE and MLOG
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Senior SAP ABAP Consultant
- Provided ABAP support for the SD, MM, FI, CO and WM modules. Created and maintained programs and queries.
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented a RF WM Cycle Count process. This process displayed, accepted and updated counts of inventory from the warehouse.
SAP QA Test Manager
- HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) software utilized
- Build Project timeline covering requirements phase, design phase, build phase, Testing and GO live
- Test Strategy doc explaining how testing was going to happen
- Testing approach document explaining what was going to be tested
- TEP (Test execution plan) doc for IST and UAT including phases and tollgates.
- Schedule IST and UAT TEP
- Processing schedule for what, who and when to cover testing and GO Live.
- Weekly status report
- Conduct daily conference call with the IT staff that are involved for statuses
- Conduct daily conference call with all stakeholders to control progress, defect status, issues etc.
- Secure SAP permissions and training schedules for users if needed.
Senior Application DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Responsible for the migration of a Credit Card company, which generated tens of thousands of transactions daily, with the SAP system. Duties included but not limited to: data gathering, data loads using LSMW, scheduling daily team mtgs. for knowledge transfer, writing Technical specs, program creation and enhancement, SAPscript creation and enhancement, SAP table creation and enhancements, creating new invoice logos and applying OSS notes. Agile methodology was used.
- Developed a DEI (Development Efficiency Index) system that measured the efficiency of development efforts for Corporate SAP development. This involved integrating with a Change Control system. Daily and weekly reports were generated to provide management with stats that showed how efficient software was being developed and delivered.
- Sole provider for daily development, maintenance and Technical support of a Change Control system. This system tracked and reported the change process of a SAP object from coding to testing to going live, plus authorizations that were required for transporting from one SAP environment to another.
- Achieved the responsibilities of being the ALE technical person for weekly updating of our testing systems via Confidential’s from the Production system.
- Selected by management to be the Go To person for Trouble Shooting and project assistance.
- Managed and mentored an Off-shore development team, which consisted of six SAP developers.
- Published standard procedure manuals for ABAP coding, ALE processing, SAP environment refresh and Gold Client process.
- Designed and developed a Livelink and SharePoint site for the Development group.
- Mentored New Employees on proper procedures and Technical techniques.
- Determine user requirements and recommend changes/enhancements for projects.
- Participated on a design team for new and enhanced Application development and design ideas.
- Researched system issues and provided viable options and solutions.
- Applied OSS Notes, Support Packs, ERP Upgrades.
- Involved with design and coding Interfaces, Function Modules, Dialog Screen programming.
- Routinely assisted in composing Technical specs for new and existing projects.
- Provided a monthly transactional stats report for a user group of eleven recipients. This involved assuring that sixteen programs were successfully executed and the data collected was accurate.
- Developed and maintained legacy and SAP systems.
- Code, test and implement new report programs for AP, AR, AM, FI, CO, PS, PO, SD, OIM SAP modules.
- Designed, coded, tested and implemented a standard report header used for thousands of ERP reports.
- Served as Team Lead for Confidential’s Global Business Integration Project. My responsibility was new development (Reports, IDOC’s, E-Mail Notification and BDC’s) for the HR module. This also consisted of, doing analysis work (meeting with users, investigating proper data collection procedures etc.), coding, unit testing and implementing the following assignments.
- Global Job Level Inbound Interface - This Inbound interface updated the Infotype 0008 (Basic Pay) record, the Infotype 0025 (Appraisal) record and sent an E-Mail notification to the user.
- Global Variable Compensation Interface - This outbound Interface utilized the PNP (HR Master Data) logical database and several text tables to produce an IDOC form and also an Email notification to the user.
- Served as Team Lead for an ABAP implementation for the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago.
- Set standards for all ABAP development, such as naming conventions, form layouts, development procedures and programming standards.
- Responsible for creating, testing and implementing Table Creations, Search Helps, Report Painter, Area Menus, Report Trees, Tax Reporter, BDCs, Report programs, Interface programs and SAPscripts for various modules.
Senior Programmer AnalystResponsibilities:
- Responsible for enhancing and maintaining ABAP programs for multiple users, including meeting with users to formulate the user’s requests.
- Coded, tested and implemented several new report programs for FI, SD, MM & PP modules.
- Modified tested and implemented BDCs and SAPscripts.
- Responsible for EOM Payroll processing.
Senior Programmer AnalystResponsibilities:
- Responsible for enhancing and maintaining a Time and Attendance system written in ABAP/4, which used EPIC hardware and software to capture data. This Time and Attendance system displayed data, which was used to report an employee’s time. This system did several functions, such as changing and adding records, listing archive records for possible correction or reporting, calculating employee’s time, redirecting employee’s time to the correct department. This Time & Attendance interfaced with the HR module.
- Responsible for designing, creating, testing, installing and maintaining the following using SAP and ABAP/4. Consisted of User Menu Screens to efficiently direct the user to what they readily need and User reports for the Time and Attendance system written in ABAP/4 that reported on the data captured and modified by the system.
- Responsible for installing and maintaining equipment for the Time and Attendance system. MPT8000 (data collection terminal), XYPLEX controller (used to connect MPT’s to a network hub), NORAND RF (radio frequency) equipment.
- Responsible for designing, programming, testing, installing and maintaining the following systems:
- Responsible for enhancements, testing and maintaining an On-line/Batch Collection and Billing system (CICS/DL1/COBOL).
- Coordinated the installation of a revision update to the Collection and Billing system. This consisted of charting the work flow and system flow, supervising three subordinates, meeting with upper management and users on a daily basis, backup verification for data files, programs, JCL and listings.
- Designed, programmed, tested and installed an On-line/Batch file maintenance system.
- Responsible for designing, testing, maintaining and installing an On-line Cost Accounting Excess Processing system.
- Coordinated a RJE/NJE conversion using a CDFST software package. This consisted of supervising four programmers in modifying 1300 JCL decks.
- Responsible for enhancing and maintaining hundreds of programs for various systems.