- Highly adaptable, skilled, results - driven Solutions Technologist with broad-based skill set and history of designing and developing sophisticated business solutions for a diverse client base.
- Proficient with in-depth problem-solving solutions to resolve multi-tiered application performance issues and deploy groundbreaking enhancements.
- Focused, driven leader and cross-functional contributor able to guide, train and coach across all technical levels.
- Excellent track record of cultivating positive client, vendor and business partner relationships.
Environment: s: Windows 10 / 7 / XP / Vista, MVS, UNIX, AIX, Solaris, Linux, Windows Server, VM
Tools: Toad, DB2 Client, SQL Developer, SQL*Loader, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, Rational Portfolio Manager (RPM), ClearCase, ClearQuest, Lotus Notes, HP Service Manager, Remedy, Version One, Service Now
Applications: SAP Data Services / Business Objects / Crystal Reports, Image Plus, OnDemand, PowerPlant Asset Management, Khalix, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Reporting, Oracle Customer Care and Billing
RDBMS: Oracle 11g, 10i, 9i, 8i, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, SYBASE, IMSProgramming: SQL, PL / SQL, Powerbuilder, HTML, JAVA, COBOL, CICS, IMS, Visual Basic, Shell Scripting, UNIX Scripting, VBScript, FORTRAN, Assembler, MVS JCL
Core Competencies: Agile, Waterfall, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Solutions Architecture, Technical Documentation, Change Management, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance, HIPPA Compliance, SEI / CMMI Level 3
Industry: Liability / Health Insurance, Federal Government, Utilities, Manufacturing, Retail, State Government
Confidential, Mechanicsburg, PA
Sr. Software Engineer / Applications Developer
- Analyzed, designed, created, tested and performance-tuned SAP Data Services 4.2 ETL Jobs, Oracle functions, stored procedures and custom PL/SQL packages.
- Analyzed, designed, created, tested and performance-tuned SAP Business Objects XI 4.1 Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports.
- Installed, Administrated SAP Business Objects 4.1 Server running on Windows Server 2012
- Performance-tuned existing SAP Data Services ETL Workflow and reduced Daily Run Time to ten minutes from its original One hour and forty minutes.
- Converted SSIS ETL Jobs to SAP Data Services ETL Jobs.
- Analyzed, designed, created, tested and performance-tuned SQL Server SSIS ETL Jobs,
- Converted Business Objects 3.1 reports to Business Objects 4.1 reports.
Sr. Software Engineer / Solutions Developer
- Key developer of enhancements and support for DB2 based Image Plus custom imaging application with a Web based interface.
- Converted several million historical images and documents to existing Image Plus application.
- Coordinated and tracked the removal of thirteen terabytes of data from the Image DB2 database.
- Designed and delivered new backend scanning controls and configuration tables to support the addition of four hundred new image types and documents.
- Designed, created and enhanced COBOL code for backend Image Plus DB2 application.
- Designed, created and enhanced HTML code for Web based interface to Image Plus DB2 application.
- Resolved customer issues with the Web interface and Image Plus application.
Sr. Software Engineer / Applications Administrator
- Spearheaded development of enhancements to and supported custom Business Objects based logistical business intelligence application.
- Analyzed, designed, created, tested and performance-tuned Oracle functions, stored procedures and custom PL/SQL packages.
- Verified Erwin ETL scripts were correctly loading a centralized database from various distributed databases.
- Analyzed, designed, created, tested and performance-tuned Business Objects XI and Crystal Reports for Naval Logistics.
- Trained and mentored less experienced developers in Oracle stored procedures, packages and functions.
Confidential, Lexington, KY
Sr. Software Engineer / Solutions Architect
- Spearheaded development of enhancements to and supported Oracle based PowerPlant custom asset management packaged application over a two-year period.
- Analyzed, designed, created and tested additional table indexes which aided in boosting Oracle database performance by 10%, resulting in a streamlined, consistently available application.
- Achieved 89% reduction in execution time for some programs by updating Oracle SQL code in older PowerBuilder programs to increase speed, reducing run time from 75 to 7 minutes.
- Steered design and delivery of new PowerBuilder and COBOL applications tailored to client specifications to meet requested enhancements or comply with new governmental requirements.
- Designed and developed support program to track daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly client server jobs. Program verified job completion; if incomplete, sent an immediate email alert to staff.
- Reduced and/or eliminated bottlenecks through on-call support to critical application performance issues, implementing and testing software modifications.
- Technical Lead to support and/or administer Khalix, Business Objects, Seagate Crystal, Crystal Enterprise, Microstrategy and commissions applications.
- Administrator for Business Objects XI, Crystal Reports Enterprise and Seagate Crystal InfoView applications that supported fifty thousand user reports for various Oracle and AS/400 DB2 databases.
- Worked with Business Objects XI and Crystal Reports users to enhance and correct user written reports as necessary.
- Achieved a 75% reduction in IT support for application by replacing a Windows flat file based financial consolidation application with a UNIX and Oracle database based financial consolidation application after passage of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Reduced need for IT support by 90% through automation of functions and elimination of unnecessary support in an existing commissions application.
- Planned and delivered strategic enhancements to Oracle Customer Care and Billing (CC&B) application and Business Objects Reporting.
- Mastered CC&B Oracle database; designed, created, tested and performance-tuned Oracle stored procedures, custom PL/SQL packages and documented business processes.
- Analyzed and improved reporting by automating existing reports, enhancing reports for business requirements and improved execution times by tuning the related PL/SQL code.
- Utilized SQL*Loader to load data to existing Oracle database as required and needed.