- Dynamic SAP Consultant that brings over 37 years of Manufacturing and IT work with 19 years in various SAP roles; 7 SAP projects (8 clients + 1 repeat). Implementation experience includes: project management, integration test management, change management, training and security project management, ASAP certified, steering committee participation, methodology development and team leadership. Implementation assessments, corrections, system configuration and production support. Finding value for the client by using SAP to find the correct business defined solution.
- Eight (8) full - lifecycle “soup to nuts” projects in following modules: PM, PS, IM, CATs, and MM. (3 were in a dual role as the implementation project manager while doing some or all of the PM, PS, CO or HR configuration) and 2 full lifecycle training and documentation projects. Complete configuration for the entire Plant Maintenance (PM), Requisition to Project (PS), and Sales Order to Project (PS) processes with FI/CO and other integration points. Complex Capacity Planning and Scheduling within SAP, full PM-MM-PS-CO-EDI-Ariba cross-company integration, heavy MM integration with MRP, Blueprinting and Go-live for SAP MDM and SRM projects, SAP internet based queries, ABAP/4 query development, EDI / ALE, End-user and project team training in SD, AR (Credit), MM, PM, PS, CO, HR, and PP.
- Former Global SAP Technical Leader for 5 instances in the areas of SAP PM/PS/MM for 35 global plant sites in the UK/Netherlands/Germany/US/Mexico/South America and China.
- Plant Maintenance (PM)
- Project Systems (PS)
- Service Management (SM)
- S4 Hana Logistics
- Asset Accounting (FI-AA)
- Controlling (CO)
- Quality Management (QM)
- Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S)
- Investment Management (IM)
- CATs (HCM - CATs)
- Business Process Design
- Data Cleansing
- Data Migration
- Project Management
- Month End Closing
- Cutoff Activities
- System Testing
- FI/CO Posting Processes
- ASAP Certified (with SAP certificate)
- S/4 Hana Simple Finance (with SAP Cert)
- CA820 Project Systems Logistics (with SAP certificate)
- CA830 Project Systems Accounting (with SAP certificate)
- SRM270 SRM-MDM Catalog Content Management 1.0 (with SAP certificate)
- MDM100 Master Data Management (with SAP certificate)
- LO150 Processes in Sales and Distribution (with SAP certificate)
- LO170 Quality Management (with SAP certificate)
- LO100 Plant Maintenance
- LO816 Plant Maintenance Controlling Functions
- LO805 Structuring and Managing Technical Objects
- LO810 Preventative Maintenance and Service
- LO815 Maintenance Processing: Operational Functions
- PLM200 Project Management
- PLM210 Project Management Structures
- PLM220 Project Management Logistics
- PLM230 Project Management Controlling
- PLM240 Project Management Reporting
- PLM301 Customer Service
- PLM320 Work Clearance
- AC010 Financial Management Accounting and Reporting
- AC040 Cost Management and Controlling
- LO530 Warehouse Management
- AC620 EIS Holding Data
- HR 460 Net Payroll Accounting, (with SAP certificate)
- HR 050 Human Resources Management
- SAP ABAP 4 Query Reports penSAP - S4 Hana Basics
- EDI / IDoc processing
Systems and Plant Maintenance Lead
- Performed upgrade in S4 for PS and PM
- Completed Upgrade to S4 Hana for Aerospace and Defense Client in the areas of PS/PM/CO
Solution Architect for Projects and Assets
- As Solution Lead/Architect implemented SAP for Professional Services Industry implementation in the Cloud for a 5 B Services Company.
- Managed a team of 20 onshore Consultants and 4 offshore resources working in 3 time zones and 3 languages to configure a Best Practice solution in each of the areas previously listed involving 7 Blueprints and 105 RICEFWs and over 150 Change Requests.
- Developed a custom program to interlock SAP PM equipment and AA to track Asset movements thru a complete life cycle that allows cradle to grave tracking of Assets and approvals that is also being marketed as an offering. Saved 1M with the effort in Asset Accounting and Purchasing.
- Implemented in Project Systems a one to one Contract line item to WBS to Personnel assignment logic using Lean Staffing, to enable clear tracking of client needs to employer hiring needs.
- Interfaced to Ariba the WBS elements and Work Orders to allow for purchased charges to come back to the project or work order. This enabled savings of 2M due to established purchasing guidelines and approvals and procedures
- Enabled clear tracking of equipment in PM to understand purchasing, leasing and property tax requirements, using customized and standardized reports, allowing for a 4 person reduction in tracking staff
- In Service Management I implemented a tracking mechanism to allow reporting of employee actions to the client level for either daily, weekly or monthly employee tracking for billing back to the client, In Investment Management, I tied Project Budgeting tracking back to Business Planning and Consolidation to enable forecasting for future requirements for employee need, Lastly, using out of the box thinking I developed a proprietary Mobile Timesheet application that is “go to market” ready that enables the employee to enter time back to the WBS element or Service Order written in HTML5 code standards that allows daily tracking of individual time metrics and clear visibility of employee actions and billability back to the client that is currently being marketed as an offering. I had the vision to write it so that it could be resold to clients for project cost to be re-cooped.
- Testing Lead for my work streams for 4 UAT sessions tracking defects UAT test results in HPQC.
- Performed data loads using SAP’s BODs capability and developed unique data load files for conversion.
- Developed custom solutions in the areas of Lease Accounting, and Convergent Charging Billing.
- Acting Order to Cash backup Lead in charge of Contract creation, Resource related billing, Convergent charging and Sales order creation.
- In addition, I went on to Wave 2 activities for data conversion and cleansing to enable Western European countries and the UK to be incorporated into the business processes and transactions of the new SAP environment for the SAP Sales and Distribution team for contract conversion and cleansing.
- In charge of peripheral connections back to SAP Interfacing SAP to Remedy and to Service Now for tracking of Equipment.
Plant Maintenance Solution Lead
- I performed a quality audit for a 10B mining that Company’s SAP plant maintenance module, providing advisement in the many separate areas of planning and maintenance execution and procurement as well as finance, making recommendations, and instituting change to insure Best Practice enablement in the EAM space.
- Recommended additional PM related interfaces for the SAP PM solution based on need, cost, and best practice usage. Changes made saved an additional 2M in their Maintenance Practices and Budgets
SAP Plant Maintenance Consultant
- Took 2 plants through a Go-Live in SAP, for a global Food Services Industry Live in SAP PM,
- Converted their Master Data consisting of Functional Locations, Equipment, Task Lists, Maintenance Plans/Items and extending Materials using LSMW, established new maintenance best practices,
- Trained all of their Maintenance staff in SAP and PM Best Practices
- Provided post go-live support to get in trouble tickets and resolved config issues.
SAP Professional Services Solution Lead
- Developed generic business processes and procedures for use in Confidential ’s collaboration with SAP in the Professional Services Industry additionally configuring the SAP system for Plant Maintenance, Service Management and Project Systems.
SAP SD/Internet Solution Architect
- Managed a Web to SAP interface UAT test plan development and script development/execution to test and resolve found failures in the UAT scenarios I developed for an SAP go-live for a global manufacturing client in the Cycling industry.
- Insured complete Web to SAP communication from web order creation to presentation of the sales invoice on the web for the SAP B2B/SD portion of the go live. The client was able to reduce cost for order taking and go to market with their product lines faster and enable clear tracking of orders by the customers.
SAP PM/SM Solution Architect
- Configured an SAP PM and SM solution for a 5B Oil and Gas Company using SAP’s Plant Maintenance and Service Management, configuring a solution that would allow for the Company’s 3 different business segments to complete pump rebuilds to eliminate downtime while also using SAP PM/CS to track and bill customers for pump time usage to provide a complete EAM solution for one business unit and devising a Service Management capability for the other that resulted in minimal equipment downtime and correct billability to the customer, as well as perform line maintenance on their 10K miles of gas pipelines and valves.
- Defining Functional Locations, Equipment, Installed Bases, Preventative Maintenance Plans and Items, and Task Lists. Configured Order Types, Maintenance Plants, and Settlement Profiles.
SAP QM/MM Sr. Manager
- Managed and directed blueprint workshops for a major airline to implement a new maintenance and engineering software package called TRAX; there were 93 subsequent workshops for business process discovery and blueprinting.
- Executed scheduling of personnel, creation of documentation (which included RICEFW forms to fill out and business requirements forms), conducted training of personnel on the use and expectations of the workshops and forms, and setting QA standards and auditing of documentation. Resulting in a quicker implementation of TRAX than was previously thought could be done, insuring aircraft uptime.
- Developed and Managed blueprinting of the South Texas Project's SAP implementation to replace Oracle forms with an SAP delivered Chemistry/Health Physics solution to meet Confidential standards for Chemistry and Radiation Protection in the SAP PM/QM and EH&S modules, involving the ARIS toolkit and SAP's Solution Manager to develop the business blueprint and RICEFW documentation.
- Managed 4 resources and a budget of 2.8M.
Global SAP Managing Consultant
- Responsible for all SAP delivered training/configuration support for client’s based around the world.
- Worked with in-house development team to perfect an MRG (proprietary) SAP bolt on that updates Plant Maintenance asset data in the tool and then updates master data in SAP.
Global SAP Team Lead
- Management and configuration experience includes full life cycle involvement providing analysis, change management, design, development, test, implementation and support of the PM, PS, MM, HR, CO, SD, SRM, MDM, and AM SAP Modules in 5 Global SAP instances. Implementing the end-to-end business process using BPM tools to accomplish the task, exhibited by use of "Soft Skills" having the ability to be a customer-facing SAP professional who understands business strategy, using the SAP tools to be the "marriage counselor" between IT and the business user community.
- Developed/implemented SAP strategy for long-term maintenance practices resulting in a $20 million reduction in maintenance spending from 1999-200 7 in North American operations alone involving additional configuration changes, development of additional ABAP/4 reports, and development of training and documentation and delivery, including establishing of roles, responsibilities, and expectations to ensure delivery of the savings.
- Structured global infrastructure within SAP including organizational levels/responsibilities involving 53 sites worldwide and 5 SAP instances, which included setup and assignment of security roles and profiles based on each individual SAP instance for each defined role in the maintenance and projects organization.
- Configured and rolled out to 32 sites globally SAP PM Capacity Planning/Scheduling using standard SAP transactions, resulting in savings of $32 million, which included setting up new user statuses, schemas, sets, layouts and layout keys, time, control, evaluation, strategy, period and selection profiles (to name a few). Also included development of new security roles/profiles, training documentation and delivery.
- Administered corporate HR policy as it relates to SAP and IT which involved setting up of HR minimasters and maintaining the HR configuration for 5 boxes.
- Developed and Configured a new way in PS to allow for turnaround maintenance activities to be amortized over time and tracked using PM work orders/purchase reqs. and purchase orders including setting up g/l accounts and working with Finance/Maintenance and Projects folks to set up and ensure successful completion.
- Completed blueprinting of a Global SAP SRM project for Plant Maintenance which involved defining/designing the end process working with site planners and materials management folks/consultants/business leaders to design the system, and then was involved in the final user acceptance testing and delivery.
- Developed/implemented/manage global IT security policies for SAP and the Business which included working with “Big 4” audit teams to ensure that all audit findings were addressed from SAP security, ensuring that there was not too much access for the roles and responsibilities defined in the corporation and then fixing those roles and profiles by testing transactions for access by certain roles/profiles assigned to user ids.
- Re-configured SAP to support best in class maintenance practices globally by rolling out the Sinclair Rapid Transformation process including working with the business and employees of each site around the world to insure consistent reporting.
- Co-Developed an RCM solution that interfaced with SAP that included operator rounds that was based on SQL Server architecture.
Global SAP Project Manager
- Managed over 35 employees at one time which included off-shore and on-shore reports (consultants) (India based), international reports in Germany, the UK, China, and the Netherlands (SAP Site Super Users) for 5 years in a Post go-live support role including implementing audit requests, changes in roles profiles, creation of additional ABAP reports, etc.
- Managed budgets over the 1 million mark for key deliverables in the Company.
- Developed/implemented strategies for SAP consolidation of multiple site manufacturing operations, involving international plant locations, 2 acquisitions, and 1 merger and 1 spin-off.
- Completed business analysis and policy setting for corporate policy both from a financial aspect and meeting legal requirements, (Sarbanes Oxley type reporting), which included gathering business requirements and management of the ABAP resource for development of custom Profit and Loss reports as well as various custom credit reports for accounts receivables.
- Blueprinted and rolled out a Global SAP MDM project for Plant Maintenance, which included scrubbing of the material master data, establishing naming consistencies also working with Zycus (Indian offshore firm) to complete the task in 5 SAP boxes and training in the MDM arena.
- Project Manager for Acquisition project involving purchase of a new/existing facility where I was responsible for the entire set up Blueprint to Go-Live in SAP of the plant including set up of all master data such as Material Masters, G/L Accounts, Profit and Cost Centers, Equipment, Functional Locations, Personnel, etc. Also responsible for training and delivery/set up of all security for all plant personnel.
- Project Manager for Divesture of 3 Plant facilities involving extraction (and set up in the new SAP instance) of all SAP data (both master data and transactional) as per the sale agreement and legal requirements including establishment of legal holds and responsibilities for both corporations (both buyer and seller) as it relates to SAP and IT for PM and PS, valued at 100 Million USD.
- Developed and executed a “never done before in SAP” plan where my team extracted all data deemed essential out of an SAP box in an effort to separate segments of the business due to the sale of major business units and facilities, then uploaded the data into a new instance in order to “start-up” the plants for the new company. Included specing the programs determining the tables to extract how to reformat using IBIP and LSMW for reload back into the new instance. Saved approximately $0.5 million in programmer costs by modifying existing programs.
- Developed and distributed SAP SD reporting requirements for both Sales and Credit departments including working with ABAP resources to develop needed Credit reports not available in SAP for Accounts Receivables.
- Managed upgrade of SAP from 3.0F to 4.6B and from 4.6B to 4.7 Enterprise and from 4.7 to ECC 6.0 including hotpack application and user acceptance testing in the development, test and go - live support in the Production box, as well as any additional training development rollout of new functionality.
- Responsible for reporting requirements for an entire supply chain within Invista, from executive management to sales staff levels, beginning at demand, included lead time, inventory control, taxes and other indicators including repair of monthly/qtrly/yearly ran reports to insure matching of business results expectations as well as troubleshooting of said reports involving working with the user community to determine how the numbers were generated.
- Developed the SAP interface to an Invista developed proprietary Reliability Centered Maintenance program that controls operator duties and maintenance work using Rapid Mart as the vehicle for data transport/use. Also rolled out the training and documentation for the program for 3 clusters.
- Project Manager for the implementation of Impress and Primavera P3e for T/A outage management involving role establishment, product development, testing, go live and support.
Global SAP Consultant
- Configuration and post go-live support for 1 instance of SAP in PM/PS/HR/ some MM/ and some CO including training and delivery of training, development of business procedures and process design / engineering.
- PM / PS / Training Project Management responsibilities. (project planning, training needs assessments, task monitoring, logistics coordination).
- PM training on Equipment Masters/Functional Locations, Maintenance Plans/Items, and BOMs.
- FI/AR/ Training Project Management responsibilities. (project planning, training needs assessments, task monitoring, logistics coordination).
- Developed and delivered training materials around the checking and check delivery systems/transactions in SAP along with the business procedures.
- Executive Sales presentations, demonstrations, and training on system functionality and integration across SD, PS, and FI, including configuration of SD and PS using the client’s business model in SAP’s IDES client Osprey owned for sales demos.
- Training and documentation in MM, FI-AP, FI-AM, FI-GL and SAP navigation. Training Project Management support (definition of project plan, milestones, logistics and post-production maintenance and support and resources).