- Over 8+ years of IT Industry experience with Configuration Management, Build, Deploy, Release Management and Quality Assurance.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as Sub Version (SVN), Perforce, GIT, RTC and knowledge of Clear Case.
- Created SCM Process, policies, procedures and Release Notes to follow Development and allow QA teams to Release or Deploy highest quality product for the enterprise.
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic, and IBM WebSphere.
- Implemented Continuous Integration (CI) and deployment using CI Tool Jenkins.
- Hands-on experience creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like make file.
- Worked with optimization of server resources, Amazon Elastic Cloud instances and website security, Web services /REST, Amazon AWS, Chef and Puppet.
- Used Puppet and Chef for Configuration Management tool and also understanding of container technologies like Docker
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging, deployment, release methodology and application configurations.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) and Closely worked with development, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Involved in creating and setting up provisioning profiles for authentication.
- Extensive experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle with emphasis in Designing, Developing, Implementation, Deployment and Support of distributed enterprise scalable, secure and transactional J2EE applications.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, HP Quality Center, Fisheye and IBM Clear Quest.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
Versioning Tools: CVS, Subversion, Clear case, GIT
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
DevOps: Ansible, Docker, Puppet, Chef, AWS, OpenStack
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, IBM Clear Quest
Languages: C++, PL/SQL and Java/J2EE
Scripting: Shell, Batch, Python, Perl, Ruby
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, Servlets, JDBC, JSP
Web/App server: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Database: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL SERVER, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Sr DevOps Engineer/Cloud Engineer
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed Use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Designed and implemented GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Scripted internal automation via various scripting languages like Shell and Perl.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers, Web logic
- Deploy with re-usable, generic workflow automation
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python .
- Designed and implemented automated server build, deployment, monitoring and management using Jenkins, Chef, EC2, Clod Formation, Splunk and AMIs
- Responsible for merging, tagging and conflict resolution in GIT and Geritt
- Managed the repositories using artifactory.
- Worked on Configuration management tool Chef for continuous delivery (CD). Rewritten recipes for new environments. Used to write an install script in Ruby using all of the extra helper functions from Che f
- Build and maintain SQL Server 2014 scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Research and implement new tools such as Kubernetes with Docker to assist with auto-scaling, continuous integration(CI), rolling updates with no downtime .
- Expertise in Udeploy for Deploying to various environment's and control those related dependencies. Refactor existing Opscode Chef Automation code.
- Used splunk to get real time insights of the application delivery process
- Implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Also, Implemented Automated Application Deployment using chef
- Test automation code in virtual environments and with testing tools such as Test Kitchen and Chef Spec. Automated the Build and Deployment process using Udeploy tool
- Building RESTful APIs in front of different types of Nosql storage engines.
- Deployed and managed many servers using Chef Recipes, Roles, environments, data bags and their encryption with Vault on the cloud providers as a direct substrate for implementation.
- Proficient in orchestrating the Docker containers using the combination of tools like Docker-compose and Kubernetes
- Designed CD platform using Docker, Consul, jenkins and puppet
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines
- Integrated Build Process through Jenkins to various SCM tools like GitHub, SVN .
- Continuous delivery(CD) with Jenkins and Kubernetes, running a continuous deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins Workflow on Kubernetes
- Automated Compute Engine and Docker Image Builds with Jenkins, Packer, and Kubernetes
- Worked on Confidential repository to maintain artifacts and used as a local repository. Also, maintained Confidential administration tasks.
- Build and Continuous Integration with like Ant/Ivy, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, and Bamboo, Gradle, and Team city
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues
- Experience in Creating and managing virtual development environments Virtual Box using Vagrant.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS. Evaluate Chef framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery(CD) framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Confidential in Linux environment
- Using ANT, Puppet/ Chef Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy
- Responsible for Docker and services discovery, including management and customization of images, and adding external content by using Docker Hub, as well as exposing container ports, using port redirects, creating snapshots, writing automation for Docker file, and Integrating Consul .io discovery service with Docker swarm for clustering
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups. Participated in the installation of multi-node Oracle 11g databases on Linux OS and configured RDS.
- Worked together with developer's using JIRA to fine-tune process and speed up the delivery process efficiently.
- Hands on experience in Writing Python modules for Ansible customizations and creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower.
- Configured the VERITAS clusters to keep the high availability applications running on Redhat
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Redhat Linux.
- Experience in writing build and deployment scripts using ANT, Gant, GRUNT and GRADLE
- Created automation tool using Anthillpro of daily weekly quarterly admin activities, build, patch and package tasks using AnthillPro.
- Used tools like SonarQube to check the integrity of code and Confidential based repository for version controlling.
- Implemented continuous Integration using tools such as Jenkins and Bamboo .
- Designed and developed Bamboo Build deployments
- Create batch and Powershell scripts to automate multi step solution
- Defined Ansible inventory implementation with both static and dynamic inventory concepts leveraged Vault for encrypted key stores
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers (Rackspace and AWS EC2) with Chef using Git. Monitored the health of the application using through Nagios.
- Worked on applying patches and recommending necessary security fixes for weblogic servers. Experimented with Docker, by using Docker -compose
- Responsible for the successful delivery of Unix - and Linux-based services and meeting monthly SLAs
- Extensively worked on Continuous Integration and Deployment using various Continues Integration tools like Chef, Hudson, Bamboo and Sonatype Confidential
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery(CD) pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and AWS
- Experimented development on scalable Linux deployments on CoreOS and Docker
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Administered and maintained source code configuration tools Subversion and GIT used for different projects.
- Worked with VMware tools like v Center & vSphere to manage VM's running on ESX cluster nodes and also experience working v Motion
- Managed the Maven Repository using Confidential tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Puppet.
- Initiated setting up of continuous integration and formal builds using Hudson with Ivy or Hudson with Maven dependency management
- Implement custom monitoring system through Splunk, Cloud Watch and Pager Duty into deployment processes
- Introduce development teams to node.js for micro services development
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using various scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, PowerShell, python
- Worked on open virtual environment technologies like VMware, Open Stack.
- Expertise in managing automated multiple continuous integrated depot and branch builds on Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins, TeamCity, AnthillPro on a network server.
- Setup replication between Amazon RDS and MySQL server for migrating data to AWS environment.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS
- Implement Openstack Log Analytics Solution as a service using Flume, Fluentd, Logstash with Elasticsearch and Kibana for searching and indexing the logs
- Developed and supported the RedHat Enterprise Linux based infrastructure in the cloud environment
- Automation of deployments, administrative tasks, and support using PowerShell
- Expertise on Deploying Couchbase, Tomcat and Elasticsearch clusters using Docker
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Bamboo, Confidential, Yum and puppet.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Performed deployment activities using tools Jenkins, Chef and good knowledge in Docker
- Used Nagios for proactive monitoring of infrastructure to see if metric is abnormal.
- Provided Rapid-provisioning and configuration management for CentOS using Kickstart and Puppet.
- Designing a process for the AnthillPro automation implementation in all the application environments, and making sure it follows all the standard procedures of the Application SDLC.
- Configured Nginx for proxy Restful API calls to micro-services in Docker container s
- Remote administration and system configuration through scripting, Linux CLI (Bash, Perl, Python), SaltStack (Puppet), and RackSpace (OpenStack) console.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Configuring the Jenkins System such as adding the jdk installation, gradle installation in Manage Jenkins. Automated deployments across all environments using Udeploy and Jenkins.
- Installed and configured foreman with puppet automation for auto-provisioning the Linux machines in AWS and VMware environments.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Experience with creating various database objects such as tables, indexes, triggers, database links, procedures in Oracle DB.
- Experience setting up Apache Mesos/ Marathon framework
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Debian/Redhat, CentOS and Suse Servers at multiple Data Centers
- Installed and configured udeploy for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution. Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins .
- Implemented OpenStack vendor distributions from RedHat and Ubuntu
- Wrote MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Used Shell and Ruby to automate the deployment process.
- Designed a customized Status Reporting tool used currently, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and WebSphere Application Server with DB2 as Database.
- Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies
Environment: Subversion, GIT, Confidential, C, C++, Jenkins, Geritt, udeploy, Bamboo, artifactory, Java/J2EE, MAVEN, Puppet, VMware, OpenStack, UNIX, Python, Ruby, node.js, Splunk, Oracle DB, Stash, Github, couchbase, Mongo DB, Web Sphere, Jira.
Build & Release Engineer
- Performed merging from development to parent branches in GIT prior to building the code.
- Setup the build and deployment scripts using Anthill Pro for J2EE and Java applications using Web Logic Application Server and ALSB.
- Configured Confluence license, database configuration, attachment storage configuration.
- Installed and configured GIT server on Linux via the Apache Web Server to provide access over the Http protocol.
- Configure and manage Sonatype Confidential, Atlassian Stash, Jenkins, SonarQube and Apache Tomcat.
- Responsible for automated Scheduled Builds/Emergency Builds and Release using ANT and Maven scripts for Enterprise application (J2EE).
- Wrote Unix Shell scripts to automate GIT branching, merging, tagging and various other version control tasks.
- Configured Bamboo for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Configured RedHat Kickstart for installing multiple production servers.
- Used MAVEN as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artefacts on the source code.
- Extensive automation, continuous integration and deployment (Gulp/Grunt, Nant, PowerShell, TeamCity) experience
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies like Scrum, Sprints, Kanban model
- Provided recommendations and helped set up the CM process to the company’s one of the development teams on using Git and GitHub repositories.
- Extensively used Maven, Perl and Bash Scripts for automating build and release tasks.
- Experienced in deploying and support applications on WebSphere and Weblogic application servers
- Produced and Consumed the Web Services using SOAP and Restful and did unit testing by SoapUI and performance testing
- Conducted Kanban scrum meetings and maintained the user story & defect statuses in Rally
- Created and maintained POM files for building the projects and developing the build scripts.
- Facilitate the Continuous 'Build Manager's Role for all Software Development projects.
- Created and configured dynamic/snapshot Clear Case views as per the requirements and writing configuration-spec for views to work with branches and labels.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Integrated GIT and Maven with Jenkins to implement the continuous integration (CI) process.
- Created Ant, Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
Environment: Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, Subversion, Python, Redhat, Bamboo, Kanban, couchbase, PowerShell, GIT, Tomcat, Apache, CVS, WebLogic, Clear Case, Perl, Scrum, Stash, Bash Scripts, Ruby, Confluence.
Build and Release Engineer
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases. Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Designed and developed Restful API internally in the company using Python Virtual environments, Flask and Requests
- Worked within the performance team to improve the overall efficiency of the web application.
- Incorporated NPM and Grunt build steps in the Jenkins workflows and removed the generated artifacts from git to ensure at build time all artifacts were being generated from the Grunt builds.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN
- Build scripts using ANT build tool to move from one environment to other environments.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration (CI) environment and also automated the whole process.
- Created and maintained the python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Used Spring Boot, Spring Data, JMS/ActiveMQ, Tomcat and MySQL to create RESTful middleware
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Documented the entire build and release engineering process and provided on call support.
Environment: ANT, MAVEN, Tortoise SVN, Hudson, Java/J2EE, Web Sphere, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Windows, Oracle.