- Over 8 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on AWS Cloud/DevOps , Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD pipeline), Build and Deployment Automation, Release management, Source Code Repository, Environment Management, Linux/Windows administration and support.
- Experienced and good understanding of the principles and best practices of SDLC like Agile , scrum , and Waterfall methodologies.
- Adept in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on Red hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5/6/7, CentOS 5/6/7, Debian, Ubuntu, Solaris, Mac OSx.
- Extensive working experience with broad range of AWS stack like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search, Elastic File system (EFS), Cloud Foundry, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, Lambda, Service Catalog, OpsWorks and in Cloud Security (OAuth2 and SAML) , Amazon kinesis firehose have in - depth practical knowledge on other cloud services like Microsoft Azure and OpenStack .
- Having good knowledge on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) which ensures successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions as well as proper operation during initial application migration and net new development.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Designing and building multi-terabyte, full end-to-end Data Warehouse infrastructure from the ground up on Amazon Redshift for large scale data handling Millions of records every day.
- Experience in building servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers in the defined virtual private connection.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform and AWS Cloud formation.
- Experience in building private cloud infrastructure of OpenStack , deploying through Chef and maintaining them in production. Also, have tested OpenStack environment i.e. Nova, Swift, Cinder, Neutron, Horizon, Keystone , & Glance.
- Knowledge in Implementation of horizontal auto-scaling use cases using OpenStack components - Heat, Ceilometer, Lbaas.
- Expertise in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365).
- Strong hands-on expertise on configuring and integrating the servers with different environment and creating new machines using configuration management/provisioning tools like CHEF (Knife, recipe, cookbook), ANSIBLE (Playbook, inventory) and PUPPET (Puppet manifests, Factor, catalog).
- Developed CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the CI/CD pipeline to build, test and deploy.
- Extensively worked in automation, setup and administration of build and deployment CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity and integrated with Build Automation tools like Maven, ANT, NuGet, Gradle and other Atlassian products- Bamboo, JIRA, BitBucket for building of deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR & EAR, and DLL & EXE) from source code.
- Installation and configuration of ELK stack (Log Management tool) in both legacy and Docker swarm mode.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, Datadog, Artifactory, Cloud watch and Zabbix for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Setup, manage and deploy Vagrant-testing environment for developers using customize Vagrant-Files as per requirement.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), Perforce, GIT (GitHub, Git Lab), on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Proficient with Shell, Bash, Python, PowerShell, YAML, Groovy, PHP, Java, Ruby & Perl scripting languages for automation, monitoring and passionate about learning new scripting languages on demand.
- Experience in installing, rebuilding and patching Red Hat Linux distributions and Virtualization with VMware ESX server VMware workstation, virtual box and XEN, REDHAT VMWare vSphere, vCenter.
- Extensively worked on BEA Web Logic, JBoss EAP, Apache HTTP and Apache Tomcat as an Administrator for Server Installations, Configuration, deployment, Performance, tuning including troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Extensively worked on Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, system Performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Expertise in implementing and configuring of Volume Management by using Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Solaris Volume Manager (SVM), Logical Volume Manager (LVM) with various RAIDS in LINUX.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like TCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, NIS, NIS+, OSPF, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH, SQUID, Postfix, Sendmail and SAMBA.
- Good knowledge on Java based applications built on different architectures such as Spring MVC, Hibernate, Angular JS, J2EE etc.
- Strong working experience in Relational databases like Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL Developer and MYSQL and also NoSQL database- MongoDB, DynamoDB and Cassandra.
Operating Systems : Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x/6.x/7.x), HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, SLES 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT /2000/2003, DEBIAN, Mac OSx
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Web Servers: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, JBoss 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (8/9/10) & Web Sphere 4.0/5.0
Clusters: VERITAS Clusters, HACMP (High Availability)
Storage: EMC Clariion CX series, NetApp.
Backup Management : Veritas NetBackup 4.x/5.x/6.x, Ufsdump, Ufsrestore, Tivoli, Symantec Netbackup 7.x
Cloud Environments: AWS, AZURE, Openstack, PCF, CloudFormation, Terraform
SCM Tools: Git, Subversion SVN, TFS, CVS, BitBucket, Perforce
CI/CD & Build Tools: Jenkins, Anthill Pro, uDeploy, Maven, ANT, Gradle
Automation& container Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Kickstart, Jumpstart
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, Cloudwatch, Newrelic, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), JIRA
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Virtualization: VMware ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen, KVM
Scripting: Perl, Python, YAML, Ruby, PHP, Bourne, Korn and Bash Shell scripting, Powershell
Confidential, Bellevue, Washington
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Involved in installing, configuring and administration of RedHat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.1 servers by using Kickstart and Jump Start servers and supported various applications running on them.
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like EBS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, KMS, Cloud Trail, IAM, Cloud Front, Cloudwatch, OpsWorks, RDS, ELB.
- Managed data warehouse using Amazon RedShift to analyze all data using standard SQL and existing business intelligence tools
- Encrypted EBS volumes via KMS (key management service) to monitor, create alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloudwatch
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions and configure AWS IAM and Security group in Public and Private subnets in VPC
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and net new development.
- Creating VPCs attached to AWS DirectConnect. Implement end-to-end orchestration services.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS OpsWorks stacks across multiple product platforms.
- Actively utilized PowerShell scripting and Azure AD Connect to prepare and execute the migration process.
- Dealt with Microsoft AZURE IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual machines, Cloud services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, AutoScaling.
- Selecting the appropriate Azure service based on compute, data or security requirements and leveraging Azure SDKs to interact with Azure services from an application.
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Involved on migrating SQL Server databases to SQL Azure Database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard and used Python API to upload agent logs into Azure blob storage.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Extensively Worked on creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible tower and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Worked with Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Ansible to assist in building automation policies. Also wrote Ansible Playbooks for various applications.
- Automate the installation of ELK agent (filebeat) with Ansible Playbook.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, setup ELK Stack to collect, search and analyze log files from across the servers. Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and Docker containers using Terraform
- Installed and used Chef Server Enterprise on premise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by writing Chef Recipes and Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Managed On-site Operating Systems, apps, packages and services using Chef as well as AWS for EC2, S3, Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured ElasticSearch, LogStash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch
- Used Python and Ruby AWS SDKs to manipulate cloud infrastructure
- Responsible for CI/CD process implementation using Jenkins integrated with Maven (Maven's POM.xml) and Gradle along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Created customized Docker images and Installed Docker-Registry for upload and download of Docker images; worked on Docker-Compose & Docker-Swarm.
- Acted as a subject matter expert(SME) for Active Directory migrations and network integrations.
- Configured Jenkins CI tool to automate Integration, System, Smoke, Regression Tests, using Junit, Selenium and Code Quality using SonarQube plugin in Jenkins
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies using SCM tools Subversion/GIT and maintain build packages using Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Used JIRA as ticket tracking, change management and Agile and Scrum tool.
- Performed installation, configuration and managed RDBMS and NoSQL tools- MongoDB and Cassandra
- Used Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, Bash, Perl, and Python for monitoring and to automate the build and deployment process.
- Involved in SCRUM ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments.
Environment : Amazon Web Services, Cloud Foundry, Microsoft AZURE, Terraform, uDeploy, GIT/SVN, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Chef, Ansible, Active Directory, JIRA, Agile, ELK, Apache Mesos, RedHat Linux, Docker, Powershell, Bash, shell, Python, Oracle DB, Kubernetes, NoSQL- MongoDB, Cassandra.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic Filesystem, Relational Database Service, Dynamo DB, DMS, Virtual Private Cloud, Direct Connect, Route53, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Identity and Access Management(IAM).
- Created and managed cloud VM's (EC2 instances) and configured monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket. Cloud as a code with Ansible.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, Route 53(CNAME), VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, MongoDB SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Wrote Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Used AWS API Gateway to Make REST API Call to Dynamo DB.
- Implemented migration from VMWARE to AWS using VMDK import tools.
- Developed scripts using rally to automate and unify multi-node OpenStack deployment, cloud verification, benchmarking, and profiling.
- Worked on using Chef attributes, Chef templates, Chef recipes, Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes using RUBY.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning VMs created in Openstack and AWS cloud through Chef recipes.
- Involved in writing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate the deployment process and installation of WebLogic domain and JDK installations.
- Implemented systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform using Chef Configuration management tools.
- Installed and configured Docker and created images of SOA environment and orchestrated the domains in a Docker container and Used Docker API to deploy and manage environments.
- Involved in building and maintaining Docker and Vagrant infrastructure in agile environment.
- Used Kubernetes for automated deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Maintained Chef and Ansible servers and management application that can use ServiceNow data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines using Ruby and Python scripts.
- Implemented a centralized logging system using log stash and configured as an ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, and Kibana) to monitor system logs, AWS ColudWatch, VPC Flow Logs, CloudTrail Events, changes in S3 etc.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Created Jenkins builds and deployed to application server using Udeploy for java, and .NET applications.
- Achieved continuous Deployment using IBM uDeploy . Integrated uDeploy with nexus and Jenkins to achieve CD.
- Involved in writing Maven build scripts for generating Java based artifacts such as JAR, WAR and EAR.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Managing and optimize the Continuous Integration using Jenkins, Bamboo and troubleshoot the deployment build issues using the trigged logs.
- Administered Bamboo servers and Jenkins which includes install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating plans, installing local/remote agent, adding capabilities, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Configured and managed source code using Subversion (SVN) and Git and resolved code merging conflicts in collaboration with application developers.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, Powershell, Python, JSON and Perl.
Environment: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Cloud Formation, Vagrant, Bamboo, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Nginx, Nagios, Docker, Maven/ANT, PowerShell, VMWare, ServiceNow, uDeploy, Shell, Bash, GIT/ SVN, Splunk, ELK, Linux/RHEL, Windows, Python, PHP.
Confidential, Nashville, Tennessee
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Migrated service from a managed hosting environment to AWS including overall plan, cost analysis, service design, network layout, data migration, automation, deployments and cutover, monitoring, documentation and timeline.
- Launched and configured Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu/RHEL) for development, test and production environments. Responsible for the development and maintenance of Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancers.
- Launched DNS, Route 53 and AWS Elastic Load balancer (ELB) and assigned AWS SSL Certificates to Servers.
- As a part of Job, I also had responsibility to maintain the networking form AWS cloud back to On premises connectivity and no direct internet access from AWS cloud VPC to the rest of the world (Internet).
- Configured and managed the Auto Scaling Groups, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and EC2 snapshots for high availability and fault tolerance.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Creating NAT and Proxy instances in AWS and manage route tables, EIP’s and NACLs.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets.
- Creating Cloud watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto scaling launch configurations.
- Working with AWS Container Service to run new applications and migrate from old applications.
- Experience working in AWS Cloud Environment like EC2 & EBS.
- Well versed with Puppet console, Mcollective and Hiera.
- Designed and implemented new procedures for infrastructure migration using Puppet.
- Automated deployment of Linux applications, system configuration and security settings using Puppet Enterprise.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate configuration of a broad range of services.
- Wrote Shell and Python scripts to automate admin jobs such as monitoring the servers for resource consumption, processes running, file handling such as moving, copying and renaming files, reading data from the files etc.
- Wrote Crontab for scheduling of automatic repetitive jobs, and executing shell scripts.
- Written scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Experience in successfully troubleshooting various production related outages.
- Monitored system activities and fine-tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Perform upgrades, patch updates to hardware, operating systems, and applications.
Environment: LINUX, Unix, Platform, AWS, Jenkins, Puppet, EC2, TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, Route53, DHCP, Maven, Python, Shell.
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Installed, Configured and maintained RHEL 6.x/5.x/4, Sun Solaris, SUSE 11.x/10.x, Cent OS, Ubuntu, IBM AIX and Windows Servers .
- Involved in upgrading and configuring SUN Solaris 9/10 on Sun Servers using Jumpstart and Red Hat Linux 5.x Servers using Kickstart .
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent . Wrote custom Modules and Manifests in Ruby, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Utilizing Puppet web console to monitor the states of node servers, resources and puppet classes.
- For reusable code and data management, used Hiera with Puppet to separate data from Puppet codes, and give node-specific data.
- Administrated DHCP, Sendmail, SMTP, DNS, NFS, NIS and Samba network services in Linux and Configured and maintained common Linux application servers such as Apache, JBoss, WebLogic .
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring, Log Trace Monitoring.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in JENKINS to move from one environment to other environments.
- Configured Bitbucket with Jenkins and scheduled jobs. Also analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for BitBucket.
- Wrote JUnit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Hudson/Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to GIT.
- Managed merging, branch creation and tagging for BitBucket based code repository.
- Automated deployment activities in middleware environment which includes portal applications running on Java using Puppet Master and Agent Nodes, Puppet manifests to automate the installations and deployment tasks in service oriented architecture ( SOA ).
- Monitored and Linux scripts regularly, performed troubleshooting Network, memory, CPU, swap and file system issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS and SMTP in the servers.
- Enabled notifications via emails and text messages for reporting the status of applications in production environment using Splunk.
- Integrated JIRA with Bitbucket and created automated release Notes using Perl Scripts ; used JIRA to track issues.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR/WAR files and developed automated deployment scripts using Maven and Python to deploy war files, properties file.
- Performed Patching and upgrades (release), across Linux and Solaris servers.
- Worked on Grub, BIOS, PXE boot, Kickstart, Packages, Yum, RPMs, LVM, Boot from SAN, file system configuration .
Environment: Linux/RHEL, Ruby, Puppet, Nagios, JIRA, BitBucket, PowerShell, Bash, TFS, Python, Maven, Jenkins, Ant, YAML, Active Directory, Nagios, Perl, PHP, JBoss, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Python, Splunk, Solaris
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Configured, tested and troubleshoot newly built linux servers with nic card configurations, and applications that ran off TCP/IP stack.
- Expertise with IP sub-netting, VLAN s, Load Balancing, and High Availability (HA) architectures
- Worked on Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager. File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS), coordinated with SAN Team for storage allocation and Disk Dynamic Multi path.
- Installed and configured Disk and file system management using Logical Volume Manager ( LVM ) for LINUX systems.
- Experience with Red Hat Global File System.
- Orchestrated and performed upgrade of Linux servers from 32-bit RHEL4 to 64-bit Centos
- Experience in Installation of ssl certificates , keystore certificates for websphere application and web logic application servers Firewall configuration using ip tables and worked with selinux configuration.
- Experienced in Installation of Oracle and MySQL , all facets of HP-UX/Linux Systems Administration in a large SAP/Oracle.
- Configured firewall using iptables and selinux reducing security breaches and strengthening company policies
- Good Knowledge on shell scripting languages like Bourne shell, Korn-shell and Perl.
- Monitor Red Hat Linux Systems using real-time, traffic tracking and trend analysis supporting the BFT network by using Linux System tools
- Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Sendmail on RedHat Linux.
Environment: RedHat Linux, UNIX, selinux, VERITAS Volume Manager, SUSE Linux, MySQL, Oracle, TCP/IP stack, Perl, websphere.
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for virtualization using VMware ESX server 3.5, 4.0 VMware workstation virtualization suite.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using Bash, Shell, SSH for day-to- day administration.
- Scheduling the jobs by creating crontabs , Cronjobs on Linux servers.
- Configured kickstart server and updating, applying patches to the servers using Redhat Satellite server.
- Installed operating systems on multiple machines using Kickstart .
- Created branches, performed merges in version control systems SVN Subversion
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, NFS server and clients, Assigning IP addresses to client hosts, and performed Troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using IP tables, firewall, and TCP wrapper and NMAP.
- Creating disk groups, creating volumes, volume groups and RAIDs using LVM (Logical Volume Manager) on Linux
- Modified kernel parameters to improve the server performance in Linux.
- Created BASH shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled cron jobs for job automation.
- Managed shared NFS files system . Mounting and unmounting NFS server, NFS client on remote machine, sharing remote file folder, starting and stopping the NFS services.
Environment: Linux/RHEL 5/6, VMWare Servers, CISCO 3600/2600 routers, DNS, DHCP, UDP, TCP/IP, RIP, FTP, TFTP, Terminal Services, LVM, SNMP, SMTP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, JIRA, Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/XP/2003, Bash scripting, SVN