- Over 8 years of experience in IT Industry with ability to accomplish all aspects of the software configuration management (SCM) process, DevOps and Build/Release management .
- Experienced in designing and implementing the DevOps strategy in the mixed environment of Linux servers on multiple distributions such as RHEL, CENTOS and UBUNTU along with Amazon webservices.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack.
- Experience in AWS services such as EC2, ELB, Auto - Scaling, EC2 Container Service, S3, IAM, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB, Certificate Manager, Cloud trail, Lambda, Glacier, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EMR, AWS Workspaces, Elastic File System, Storage Gateway.
- Interacted with project managers, development teams and system administrators for development, evaluation, test and launch phases of software development life cycle.
- Worked on Build and Release management methodologies and Software procedures in all aspects of SDLC.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN), TFS, Perforce, and GIT.
- Experience on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Ability to manage SCM processes which include compiling, packaging, deploying and application configurations.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble Shooting on RHEL 4.x/5.x.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Good experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Maven and Ant.
- Experience with various operating systems Windows/Microsoft, Apple/iOS and Linux/Unix.
- Experience in writing Shell scripts using ksh, bash, and perl, for process automation of databases, applications, backup and scheduling.
- Hands on experience working with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Good exposure in administering version control systems to create daily backups and checkpoint files.
- Expertise's in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository.
- Hands-on experience in implementation for Automated Environment Provisioning using open source tools like chef and vagrant.
- Actively involved in configuring puppet open source with several third party applications.
- Experience writing puppet manifests for apache installation and configuration as well as for various deployments.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images for isolation, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Hands on in creating and managing multiple instances of Apache Tomcat and deployed several test applications in those instances for QA environment.
- Good knowledge in troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support and documenting the build and release process.
- Good Understanding of Data Flow Diagrams, Data Dictionary Techniques, Entity Relation Modeling and Design Techniques, Database Normalization Theory in RDBMS.
- Successfully driven mission-critical SaaS infrastructure, release and deploy process towards completion.
- Expertise in writing UNIX Shell Scripts and Hands on experience on most of UNIX Commands.
- Experience in configuration of DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, send mail, FTP, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Expertise on most of the Linux command-line commands and shell scripting
- Experience with Agile Methodology, Scrum Methodology, software version control and release management.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, The Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the AMI baked in
- Besides being comfortable with Linux, Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS I have also skills with Golan, Linux kernel and web application security.
- Working with DevOps practices using AWS, Google Cloud, Docker and Kubernetes
- Highly motivated, excellent team player, enthusiastic, strong initiative and quick learner of new technologies.
Operating systems: Windows server 2008, 2003, 2000, Linux, Mac OS, Red hat, Centos and Ubuntu Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT and CLEARCASE
Languages: Bash, XML, DSL, C, C++, JAVA/J2EE, Java Script, Perl scripting, Shell scripting, Python, Ruby, SQL
Cloud Environment: MySQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, AWS, MongoDB
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, IBM ClearQuest, HP Quality center, Service No, Sonar Qube
Build tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Maven, Ant, Bamboo
Container management tools: Docker, kubernetes.
Packages Utilities: MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Project SharePoint, Access), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat
Packages Utilities: MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Project SharePoint, Access), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat
Virtualization Tools: Virtual Box, VMware
Web/App Servers: Web logic, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Container management tools: ansible, chef, puppet
- Automated the process of Version controlling, Deployment of EAR'S, WAR'S to all the environment and applying the principles of CI/CD.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security.
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services.
- Work extensively with AWS technologies that support automation using Cloud formation to create EC2 instances, ELBs, Route 53 DNS, Auto scaling, Elastic Search, VPCs, Subnets, Security Groups, Cloud Watch, S3, IAM, etc.
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, Cloud Trail, cloud-security technologies (VPC, Security Groups, etc.) and cloud-permission systems (IAM).
- Add project users to the AWS account with multi factor authentication enabled and least privilege permissions.
- Hands on experience with IAM to set up user roles with corresponding user and group policies using JSON.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS. This includes Python scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Developed strategy to migrate Dev/Test/Production from an enterprise VMware infrastructure to the IaaS Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud environment including run book processes and procedures.
- Consulted with DevOps to implement continuous integration and automation practices. Projects include a challenging SLA of 75 VM migrated weekly after hours with no impact to business.
- Facilitated meetings to discuss the pre-migrations efforts and gain approval by all respective parties.
- Insured compliance with migration procedure handbook regarding troubleshooting, data migrations to S3 buckets, configuring VPC network configurations, and setting up elastic load balancing.
- Expert in performance monitoring tools like AWS Cloud Watch and Stack driver.
- Worked on setting up Jenkins server and integrated with Git, Maven, JIRA and Email Servers.
- Used and configured different plugins like Delivery Pipeline Build var, Env Inject plugins for Jenkins.
- Designed Delivery pipeline in Jenkins based on different Environments like Dev, SIT, UAT and Production.
- Used Jenkins and Ansible for Continuous Integration and continuous deployment in Multiple environments.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the CD.
- Used Ansible to manage Web Applications, Environment configuration Files, Users.
- Used and written Python scripts to deploy build artifacts to WebLogic WLST ( WebLogic Scripting tool).
- Have also worked on writing python scripts to integrate Git and Jenkins with JIRA.
- Setup and Configured Bit Bucket server.
- Experience in administrating ticket management and issue tracking tools and processes for software development teams.
- Experience with JIRA administration. Includes customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Experience administrating/facilitating source code repository tools, including SVN and Bit Bucket.
- Experience administrating/facilitating Continuous Integration (CI) tools, including Jenkins and Bit Bucket Pipelines.
- Experience with the cloud versions of JIRA, Confluence, and Bit Bucket Pipelines.
- Experience translating Confluence documentation into JIRA.
- Experience in translate high-level business requirements into Epics, User Stories, and tasks.
- Experience of branching, merging, and versioning strategies.
- Experience working with multiple software development teams in dispersed locations.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows platforms.
- Experience for development operations (test, build, deployment)
Environment: Java/J2ee, Ant, Maven, Ansible, Jenkins, Open Lava, Subversion, UNIX, GIT, SVN, Bamboo, Nexus Pro, Sonar, Jira, Bitbucket, Python, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Tomcat.
Build & Release / DevOps Engineer
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion/GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Puppet for Cloud Automation.
- Responsible for CI and CD using Jenkins. Worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions. Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Created proper documentation for new server setups and existing servers. Developed installer scripts using Maven, Python for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Developed Pom.xml files for Maven build scripts. Experience in administering and maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, bamboo, Confluence. Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB's and RDS.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates. Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code. Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates. Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal. Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration.
- Maintenance of source code in GIT. Branching, Creating LABELS, merging of codes on GIT for QA testing and release. Integrating various provisioning and monitoring modules into a single platform.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance.
- Designed and implemented the backup strategy for all the critical systems such as build machines, bug tracking tools, central repositories etc.
Environment: DevOps, Java/J2EE, JQuery, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Confluence, Remedy, Maven, Artifactory, GITHUB, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, PowerShell, Chef
- Demonstrate possibility of implementing CI/CD in various projects.
- Expertise in testing the applications like Selenium, Loadrunner, HP QC, QTP etc.
- Implemented automation deployment and designed patches from Development to testing to staging to production.
- Administration and Configuration of ASM disks for Oracle RAC servers.
- Building servers using kickstart in Solaris and RHEL respectively.
- Configuration and installation of Solaris servers (LDOMS), Red hat virtual servers using scripts and Ops Center.
- Troubleshooting and Configuration of Linux servers and NAS mounts on Solaris.
- Using Jenkins as a framework for build tool for some projects.
- According to the project guidelines developed the automation of build process using ANT scripts.
- Expertise in doing work and follow the guidelines of agile methodology in project development life cycle.
- Maintaining the Maven's pom.xml scripts and automate the weekly deployments and used GIT for legacy products.
- Used JBOSS app server to deploy the application and JIRA custom workflows to track the issues in the organization.
- By logging into the Unix system and monitoring logs, performing server's health checks on daily basis.
- Used to integrate with In-house tools for Jenkins Plugins.
- Maintained the repository of Maven by using the Maven release plugin.
- Maintaining admin tasks in LINUX OS for restarting server, and monitoring the dashboards of app server.
Environment: GI T, MAVEN, ANT, JIRA, JBOSS, LINUX, JENKINS, AGILE.
DevOps /AWS Engineer
- Assisted in migrating existing data center into the AWS instances.
- Responsible for day to day build & deployments in pre-production and production environments.
- Got introduced to IaaS, PaaS, SaaS culture and worked on AWS platforms.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git. Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Used ANT and Maven as a build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers. Worked on Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Managed the configurations of multiple servers using Chef. Created multiple recipes and customized facts for efficient management of the Chef clients.
- Worked on AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic File system, RDS, Dynamo DB, DMS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, EMR, Elastic Search.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Developed Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances. Created Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Created S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets. Used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Created Cloud Watch alerts for instances & used them for auto-scaling launch configurations
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto-Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Worked with the developers to configure plugins trough Eclipse to develop the code.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analysts and Managers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
Environment: VMWARE, Linux, Windows, Tomcat Server, Centos, Ubuntu, Ansible, Chef and AWS
- Responsible to solve technical Problems related to System administration (Linux of Our Clients).
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting of FTP Server, Samba Server of the client.
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitoring performance and troubleshoot alerts.
- Maintain 99.98% uptime of LINUX production servers and follow proper escalation. Managing Red hat Cluster, HPC environment etc.
- Configured and maintained NIS, NFS, and DNS client. Deployment of UNIX /Linux, Solaris VERITAS and Build of various environments.
- Installation and configuration of Apache Web Server in a LAMP stack.
- Setup of NFS, FTP Servers in Linux. Building & configuring Red hat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontabs, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Handling LVM related tasks, Creating, resizing LVM, Veritas Volume manager and managing Cluster environment using Veritas Cluster suite.
- Installing and configuring Red Hat, Ubuntu Linux locally or over the network-kick start- (nfs, ftp, and http).
- Configured SAN storage as shared between the nodes in the cluster. Troubleshooting of DNS and DHCP related problems across all the environments.
- Data migration at Host level using Red hat LVM, Veritas Volume Manager and Solaris LVM.
- Scheduling of Daily, weekly, Monthly backups using VERITAS NetBackup 3.4 and TSM Backups.
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell, Perl and Python Scripts for automating administration tasks like file system management, process management, backup and restore.
- Implemented access policies to manage users and groups of the computer systems, networks and production servers. Regularly manage backup processes for Server and Client data.
Environment: Centos 5.7/6, Red hat Linux 5.7/6, Ubuntu 10.04/10.10/11.10, Fedora 17, Shell scripting, Perl scripting, Python scripting.