- Over 5+ years of IT industry experience as a System Administrator and Production Support of various applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris and Windows environment.
- Expertise in different versions of Cloud stack, Open stack, Vmware an docker private clouds experience in Installation of VMware ESX server and creation of VMs and install different guest OS.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups. Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Chef and Salt Stack.
- Hands on experience in Puppet deployment, dashboards configurations and Puppet DB Monitoring the hosts and networks using NAGIOS, HP Open View and BMC.
- Experience working with DHCP/LDAP/NIS/NFS services. Experience in installation and management of network related services like DNS, Apache, LDAP, SAMBA, HTTPD, VSFTP, SMTP, SQUID, and Active Directory, Support enterprise.
- Storage Area Networks (SAN), and Tape Backup/Restore technology in a mission critical environment. Setup Internet load balancing on Multiple ISP, Firewall, Port forwarding, IP routing using IPTABLES.
- Performed V2V and P2V migrations across VMware, KVM and Amazon EC2 environment, experience in supporting and maintaining production servers.
- Excellent understanding of source - code management principles and systems, particularly GIT. In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python & Perl.
- Excellent knowledge of Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing and other services of the AWS family.
- Extensively worked on Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Hudson, Bamboo and Nexus.
- Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools like AWS API for Puppet .
- Ensure data integrity and data security on AWS technology. Understand and monitor metrics on AWS.
- Experience in setting up the Ant and Maven build scripts for JAVA and J2EE applications.
- Extensive experience in setting up the MS Build and Nant scripts for ASP, .NET applications.
- Expertise in file system concepts LVM, SVM, VxVM. Creating new file systems, increasing and decreasing file systems, mounting file systems, unmounting file systems and troubleshooting Disk space issues. Efficiency in installing, configuring and implementing the RAID Technologies using various tools like VxVM and SVM .
- Excellent organizational, analytical and teamwork skills along with good communication and interpersonal skills thereby resulting in higher team productivity and lesser operating costs.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis tools like JUnit, Cobertura, Clover, PMD, find bugs and check style.
- Experience in using artifactory and Nexus Repository Managers using Maven
Operating System: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008, UNIX, LINUX, Ubuntu, .
Versioning Tools: CVS, Subversion, Clear case, GIT.
Cloud Platform: AWS, Microsoft Azure and Rackspace, Openstack.
CI Tools: Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Docker, Maven, Gradle.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Make file, Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nagios.
Scripting: Shell scripting, Python, Perl scripting, Ruby.
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere, JBOSS.
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySql, Cassandra, MongoDB 7 SQL Server
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Migrating and Configuring New Continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Writing build scripts for Rational team concert.
- Manage Risks, Issues and Changes Deploy the Application from Staging to Production, including data migration.
- Provide documentation and transition to application team.
- Build the Infrastructure and set up DNS delegations.
- Schedule the calls with business teams for generate application generation.
- Deploy the code to new infrastructure
- Work closely with other testers and developers to improve automated framework (JUnit/selenium) with bug fixes and feature requests.
- Experience in creating the company's DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux and Windows (RHEL, CENTOS, Windows) servers along with creating and implementing a cloud strategy based on openshift.
- Build the applications using Maven and Jenkins Integration Tools
- Interact with Developer teams and understand their infrastructure requirements.
- Build various environments to Developer and Production teams in form of stacks of parallel working instances in Cloud. Also, ensuring the end-to-end connectivity of various components in the infrastructure before handover.
- Deploy applications in respective environments and tailoring them as per the project requirements.
- Troubleshooting the infrastructure at Operating System, Infrastructure and Application level.
- Instrumenting Application Monitoring Tools like CA Wily, AppDynamics, ExtraHop in the infrastructure.
- Performing administration on Linux instances which hosts application servers like Adobe Experience Manager v5 & v6, Apache Web Server, Tomcat, Memcache, Cassandra and Oracle Database, Boomi Atomsphere components.
- Patching required instances to rhn satellite and spacewalk.
- Provisioning infrastructure to Production Environments ensuring the end-to-end connectivity and there by training teams on various components before handover.
- Document all the fore mentioned activities to support further change to the infrastructure.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications
- Manage the configurations of more than 1000 servers using Puppet Automation of various administrative tasks on multiple servers using Puppet
- Running Vulnerability scan report and troubleshooting the issues generated from that report
- Creating and maintaining all users access and troubleshooting vasd issues for authentication problems
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Installed, Configured and Maintained Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux 4.x,5.x & 6.0, CentOS 5.x,6.x) servers Supported.
- Redhat servers in Production, Test and Development environments.
- Worked on Virtualizing Redhat servers using vSphere 4.1/5.0 and managed ESX servers using vCenter and also worked with ESX Cluster and vMotion.
- Setup open stack in POC with automation using Fuel, devstack tools.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Cloud DevOps Consultant, responsible for automation and orchestration of Taos’s clients’ cloud service offerings on AWS
- Creating snapshots and Amazon machine images ( AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform, ansible, and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Experienced in automation by using, puppet and salt stack master running on Linux clients.
- Manage the configurations of more than 4000 servers using Puppet Automation of various administrative tasks on multiple servers using Puppet.
- Writing manifests to install and updating configurations related to OS and Applications.
- Experience in writing scripts automate jobs and debugging scripts.
- Experience in configuring monitoring tools like Nagios.
- Replicated the Jenkins build server to a test VM using Packer, Virtual Box, Vagrant, Chef, Perlbrew and Serverspec .
- Administration of Web Application Servers and performing tunings for better performance.
- Performed OS, Network tunings on the Apache and Nginx web servers.
- Installed and configured send mail, postfix on Linux servers.
- Worked on F5 Load Balancers in creating the pools and assigning the policy for HA.
- Worked on tools like TCPDUMP, NMAP, analyzing TCP, SSL Handshakes
- Installation and configuration of backup clients like Veritas Net Backup on Linux servers.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of various systems problems such as application, network and hardware related issues.
Confidential, Sarasota, FL
Dev- Test Automation
- Provided support for more than 700 Redhat, Cent OS servers.
- Expertise in creating VM Templates, cloning and managing Snapshots.
- Configured and deployed multiple VM's using Vsphere client Managed 500 servers using puppet to install and update
- System, application configurations.
- Developing Configuration Management modules and tools using Opscode Chef.
- Developing AWS cloud formation templates and setting up Auto scaling for EC2 instances.
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Involved in complete cycle on migrating physical Linux/Windows machines to cloud (AWS) and test it.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Supporting Systems Infrastructure comprised of CentOS AWS EC2 instances.
- Writing plugins for monitoring tools (sensu) using Ruby.
- Setting up EC2 elastic load balancers and Akamai for front end and backend services.
- Creating and configuring virtual development environments with Chef and Virtual Box .
- Experienced in configuring, Puppet master servers and installing Puppet client software on Linux servers.
- Deployed Puppet for automated management of machine configurations.
- Writing/Modifying Manifests and applying, them on the nodes using Puppet Worked on Installation of Packages and
- Patches Experience working with Client Server Automation HPSA.
- Experience in configuring monitoring tools like, Xymon, Nagios.
- Performed system performance monitoring, created alerts and benchmarking for performance analysis on all application
- & production servers.
- Developed multiple shell scripts for, system monitoring.
- Provided troubleshooting solutions through automations and monitoring system stats on Splunk applications with the help of Splunk-dashboards during new releases.
- Expertise in handling crisis during heavy load on servers and maintaining zero downtimes.
- Working in war-room, providing continuous technical support throughout release and production period.
- Installed and configured several hundred Red Hat Blade and VMware ESXi 4.x Virtual Environment.
- Configured Red Hat Cluster Nodes for any legacy applications and verified the daily health check on the Cluster Nodes.
- Assisted in physically installing, racking and cabling new BM Blade Center S and Cisco UCS 5108 Chassis environment.
- Installing and configuring Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6.1 using kick start servers and virtual Media based installs on several hundred Cisco UCS B200 /B250 and BM Blade Center S as required for UAT/Production Oracle Web logic.
- Red hat JBoss, Oracle Enterprise Database and MySQL Database Server requirements.
- Responsible for installation, Configuration and administration of Oracle10g/11g database on SCO Unix, Linux and Windows 2003 Servers and also, an integral part of the backup and recovery.
- Installing and updating packages using YUM (custom YUM servers/repositories) and Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Maintain, grow and improve the TVX Splunk environment and Support large-scale deployments across multiple DataCenter Configured and Administered Apache, VSFTPD services, MYSQL and Tomcat.
- Configured various alerts, captured support logs and configured resource pools utilizing Cisco UCS Manager.
- Configured and deployed patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using satellite servers.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for Redhat LINUX using kickstart Expertise in security hardening (iptables/selinux) major Production Servers, and compiling, building and installing web server based Linux tools.
- Experience in performing, uploading and upgrading new firmware on the Interconnects and Chassis Proficient in providing support on the deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux & Sun Solaris servers, from both operating system level and application Level.
- Expertise in working with MySQL databases, Apache Web server, Tomcat Application Servers Troubleshooting any performance or configuration issues with MySQL and Oracle.
- Expertise in hardening, Linux Server and Compiling, Building and installing Apache Server from sources with minimum modules.
- Monitoring and troubleshoot backups and schedule Cron jobs.
- Extensive experience in network management TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, NFS, VLAN.
- Experience in database replication using OCFS2 file system with, oracle 10g and 11g database Patch management of servers and maintaining server's environment in Development/QA/Staging/Production.
Sr Linux/Unix Admin
- Installed, configured & handled troubleshooting of Solaris 8/9/10 and Red-Hat 3/4 on Sun Enterprise Servers and AIX onIBM Blade Servers.
- Set up the Domain Name System by configuring the DNS primary, secondary and DNS Clients and configured the database files.
- Administered the Network of 400 UNIX Users using Shell Scripts. ·
- Monitored the Network and System Performance through vmstat, iostat, grapher tool. ·
- Configured backup and restoration of data from tape in Dump and Tar format using Shell Scripts. ·
- Implemented backup strategies based on the company policy using Shell Scripts. ·
- Recovered data from server after a ROOT file system crash
- Part of team for Installation and configuration of DB2.
- Configured additional storage devices, partitioned hard disk based on the project requirement. ·
- Installed several security packages like SNORT, tcpd, tcp-wrappers & ASSET. ·
- Implemented security in systems and network for all Sun Enterprise Servers & Desktop Servers. ·
- Handled Day-to-Day operation of all servers running Production jobs, Backups, Restores and Report generations. ·
- Worked with heterogeneous Client & Server management.
- Setup a couple of hundred VM's running CentOS to be used for web, database, application, mail, ftp, monitoring and git repositories.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Linux Kickstart and Solaris jumpstart Servers.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, Creating Profiles,
- Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Configured and Administration of VERITAS Cluster.
- Day to day maintenance of VERITAS cluster Servers.
- Configuration and maintenance of NIS, NFS, DHCP and DNS Servers on Solaris.
- Administrative tasks such as System Startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, Printing, Documentation, User Management,
- Security, Network management, dumb terminals and devices carried out.
- Responsible to handle the server administration and asterisk server Installation and Configuration in Linux.
- Worked as part of Testing Team in Application testing using, Manual methods and Scripts.
- Installed and implemented NAS with RAID 1 and RAID 5 configurations.
- Monitored load and performance on the infrastructure and added capacity as needed.
- Installation, configuration and management of postgresql & mysql database servers.
- Client interaction for requirement gathering, so as to design and plan the software and hardware infrastructure.
- Familiar with, Disk Management Utility.
- Hands on experience in file system creation and file system management.