- Around 8+ years of IT Industry experience with DevOps Engineer,Linux Administration Configuration Management,continuous integration and Build & Release Management.
- Working as Devops Engineer and has knowledge in handling support & maintenance tasks and has knowledge in Networking concepts and Network Administration.
- Experienced in Troubleshooting customer issues on UNIX/Windows based operating systems.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as Sub Version (SVN), Perforce, GIT and a very good understanding of Clearcase.
- Worked on Public Cloud Environments like Amazon Web Services and used services like EC2, ELB, VPC and S3 and deployment services (Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, OpsWorks and Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, Cloudwatch and Cloudtrail).
- Able to create scripts for system administration, AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also made myself familiar with surrounding technologies such as Mesos (and Mesosphere) and kubernetes.
- Managed servers on the Microsoft Azure Platform Azure Virtual Machines instances using Puppet Configuration Management. Created Puppet manifests, profiles and roles modules to automate system operations.
- Experience in DevOps Engineering in automating, building and deploying of code within different environments (Dev, QA, UAT, PT, Prod & DR).
- Monitor and maintain existing production support, working closely with the operate & software engineer teams
- Extremely knowledge about CI/CIT/CID integration.
- Cloud technologies expertise, Azure / AWS.
- Sufficient knowledge of the Azure platform to research, design, and implement solutions using other Azure offerings
- Designed and developed the automated trading software for Back testing historical trading data in Java platform.
- Advanced knowledge of the Azure platform and core Azure services, including virtual machines, block storage, Active Directory, Express Route, virtual networks, load balancers, VPN gateways, and blob storage.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, GIT and used Source code management client tools like Gibes, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications.
- Implemented Advanced Branching Strategies to adapt practices to unique Release needs.
- Experience writing different Hooks (Pre/Post Commit) to Enforce different policies/standards.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Worked DevOps methodologies and cloud infrastructure automation tools like AWS, Chef by using Terraform.
- Excellent knowledge of Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing and other services of the AWS family.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools like Maven, Ant, Nanty, MS build and a good knowledge on Gradle.
- Good knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies with Jenkins, TeamCity, AnthillPro.
- Experience also includes the design, development and deployment of internet/intranet applications using JAVA/J2EE application platform such as Liferay Portal, Weblogic Portal Weblogic Applications Server, Tomcat and JBoss.
- Used the AWS - CLI to suspend an AWS Lambda function. Used AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS.
- Exposure to administration of servers such as IIS, Tomcat, WebLogic, Jboss Websphere.
- Hands on experience on scripting languages like Bash, Python,Perl and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, CF Engine and salt stack and Web Service like AWS and OpenStack.
- Good understanding of Docker Containerisation.
- Worked on Powershell scripts to automate deployments to IIS and VMs.
- Worked on Hyper-Virtualization, VMware, KVM and F5 Load Balancers.
- Experience in working with Ticketing Tools like JIRA, Red Mine, and Bugzilla.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and direct connect.
- Highly experienced in setting up Build Servers for build and deploy automation.
- Has experience in Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, familiar with Non-Relational Database like MongoDB and Cassandra.
Scm Tools: Subversion 1.5 & 1.6., Perforce, Git, Bit Bucket
Build Tools: Make, ANT, Gradle, Anthill,uDeploy Bamboo, Maven,BuildForge, Hudson, Jenkins, NANT, MS Build, Cruise Control.Net
Programming Languages: Java/J2EE, Java Script, VB.NET, C#.NET,liferays
Scripting Languages: Unix Shell scripting, Bash, Perl scripting, PowerShell, Batch,python,ruby
Data Base: Oracle 9i, 9g,10g, 11g, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008, UNIX (Mac, Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS and Red hat)
Web/Application Server: Web logic, JBoss, Websphere, Apache Tomcat, IIS
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible
Atlassian: JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Remedy, Clearquest
Cloud & DevOps tools: Docker, Chef, Puppet,Ansible, CF engine, Vagrant,Azure, AWS (EC2, VPC, S3, RDS), VMware
Confidential, Homdel, NJ
Sr. AWSDevOps/AWS Engineer
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services ( Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL ) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Installing operating systems Linux, CentOS and Solaris according to business requirements.Adept in Installation, Configuration and Administration of AIX 4.3/5.1/5.2/5.3/6.1, Red Hat Linux /9, RHEL 3/4/5/6/7, OEL 4/5 and SUSE Linux 10/11.
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and also configured the storage on S3 buckets .
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server , Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Worked on creation and managing IT infrastructure and application stack using AWS Cloud Formation and writing the template file using Json.
- Managing the multi-tier and multi-region architecture using AWS Cloud Formation
- Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA, UAT and Production.
- Expertise in calling of Liferay Web services locally and remotely.
- Administering the change management system (TFS) and releasing of all custom products in the enterprise.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub .
- Build scripts on AWS cloud for scheduling EC2 auto scaling load balancer with python SDK .
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet, Ansible .
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded
- Coordinate release activities with Project Management, QA, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Implemented CI for the trading and investment data using Jenkins and Teamcity as CI tools and TFS, SVN as VCS tools.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Chef Server. Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using chef.
- Designing a process for pro-automation using Jenkins in all the application environments, and making sure it follows all the standard procedures of the Application SECDM or SDLC. performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects and Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Automated Oracle Weblogic environments deployments and Upgradation process using Jenkins, git and Ansible to scale the company's infrastructure maintenance.
- Worked on production-grade container orchestration platform(Marathon) for Mesosphere's Datacenter Operating System (DC/OS) and Apache Mesos.
- Assisted in migrating the existing data center into the AWS environment.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each buckets, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each buckets.
- Used EC2 instances to run the servers, leveraging EBS volumes, taking periodic snapshots by automating the backup process using a python script and corncob.
- Responsible for maintenance of the GIT (Bit Bucket) Repositories which includes Jenkins and JIRA Integration, creating new repositories, enabling GIT ignore, branching, merging, creating pull requests and the access control strategies from Bit bucket.
- Continous enhancements of the software development by patching of the servers and updating of versions.
- Experience in writing Shell and Python scripts for the automation purposes.
- Experience in editing existing Python Scripts for application deployment automation.
- Specifically worked on automating Nagios alerts and email notifications using Python scripts and executing them through Chef.
- Used Docker Container to package the applications and deploy them on the web logic server.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Maven builds.
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux Container technology using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Websphere web application server.
Environment: GIT(Bit bucket), Apache ANT, Liferay,Maven, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, DNS, NIS, NFS, Shell Script, Unix/Linux, CentOS 5/6/7 Windows, JBoss, Web Sphere,Docker,Kubernetes Ruby, chef, ActiveMQ, Oracle, Nexus, Atlassian Jira, Run deck.
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts. Developed unit and functional tests in Python.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via territory and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Created repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks and Knowledge ode Ops principles and practice.
- Installation, administration and monitoring of WINDOWS and LINUX (Centos, Ubuntu and Red hat) servers.
- Regularly applying patches both for Linux / CentOS systems
- Using Shell scripting languages including BASH for Linux and PowerShell for Windows systems.
- Good experience in AWS (Amazon Web Services) including deploying new server instances through automation with PUPPET and Jenkins.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via territory and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Worked on "tiger team" project to refactor our platform's Mesos-based microservice framework to be cloud-agnostic and allow for portability of cluster state data
- Automated testing and continuous integration in TFS.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Defined AWS security groups which acted as virtual firewalls to control the incoming traffic onto one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Developed ansible-playbooks and Shell scripts for automating the existing manual weblogic services on a cluster of nodes to eliminate the manual process and increase the productivity of the infrastructure and middleware teams
- Created an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Having knowledge in Liferay server administration like configure mail, LDAP, add open office
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) users and groups for improved login authentication. Also managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Created JIRA issues to prioritize and take action on what's important, and stayed up to date with what's going on around the project.
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Shell Scripts, Power Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Used sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT. Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Experience with provisioning configuration management, and containerization solutions such as Terraform.
- Setting up VPN-VPN connection between Client data center and Azure cloud. Built domain controller including active directory, managing all Window servers.
- Worked with the developers to configure plugins trough Eclipse to develop the code.
- For check in process used Tortoise SVN as a migration tool. Involved in migration of Bamboo server,Artifactory&Git server.
- Built various containers using Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Involved in setting up of Docker and creating new images and getting images from dicker hub and performing the builds.
- Successfully converted 5 years old SVN repository to GIT repository using a Ruby utility.
- Responsible for writing Hooks and Triggers using bash. Built Java application using ANT.
- Extensively used ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- By Using PUPPET and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources.
- Deployed web applications over cloud services (web and worker roles) on Azure, using VS and PowerShell.
- Experience in UNIX System Administration in Red Hat Linux 5/6/7, Ubuntu, CentOS and Win NT/2000 Servers.
- Testing Puppet modules with puppet and Docker containers before uploading to puppet server.
- Used the Salt stack for the continuous code deployment, Real-time automation.
- Implemented and Deployed Urban Code/UDeploy application to dynamically deploy Company Website Build's.
- Created end to end automation of Continuous Deployment and Configuration Management in UDeploy.
- Build Java code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule. an aged and document all post deployment issues utilizing the Post Deployments Issue Log.
- Kept information organized and accessible with a flexible page hierarchy using Atlassian Confluence pages
- Organized a daily stand-up post-deployment meeting to review all issues being tracked. Ensure every issue has an owner and that it is resolved while capturing the specific details about the issue, resolution, and which organizations and individuals provided the resolution.
Environment: Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting,Liferay Subversion, CentOS/Ubuntu AWS, Hudson, Jira, Bamboo, GIT, Tomcat, Confluence, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Maven,uDeploy,Docker,Kubernetes,Visual Build, ANT,Puppet, Jenkins, J2EE.
Confidential, Glendale, CA
- Provided Configuration Management and Build support for more than 15 different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environments.
- Defined and Implemented Configuration Management and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Created Development Environments in Amazon Web Services using services like VPC, ELB, EC2 and RDS instances.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates
- Wrote Vagrant Scripts to spin up servers on the Developer workstations and in AWS.
- Worked with Engineers on providing the configuration details of the DEV environments and assisting in Creating CHEF recipes for a Proof of Concept.
- Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Managed computer clusters using Apache Mesos. Worked on IIS server.
- Created and maintained Subversion repositories, branches and tags and Experience in Administering SVN.
- Acted as an integrator for performing merge, rebase and baseline operations.
- Using Puppet, deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWSLambda and Cloud Watch.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversionsource control.
- Developed build and deployment script using ANT, Shell to Setup development and QA environments.
- Troubleshoot the automation of installing and configuring Java applications in the testing and production environments.
- Used UDeploy as Continuous Deployment tool and to setup automated and scheduled deployments.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant build.xml.
- Worked closely with all the teams like monitoring,networking,infrastructure and dev teams for the security of production issues.
- Adept at build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell and Python.
- Configuring and Administering NFS, DNS, NIS, DHCP, NIS+ and LDAP on Linux Server environment.
- Deployed code on WebSphere application servers for Production, QA, and Development environments.
- Performance tuning of WebSphere application server including JVM, Garbage Collection, JDBC along with its server logs.
- Involved in sprints and planned releases with the team using JIRA and Confluence.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 AMI, Red hat, Ubuntu Instances.
- Experience working with IAM in order to create new accounts, roles, and groups.
- Used JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes related to Build and Release Team.
Environment: SVN, Bamboo, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven,BuildForge, GIT, Jira, J2EE, Shell, Perl, AWS, ANT, UNIX, Windows NT/2000.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto scaling groups.
- Responsible for Design and architecture of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Writing Maven and Ant scripts for application layer modules.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins&maven as build framework tools.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven&Nexus as tools.
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in glacier.
- Utilize Amazon Glacier for archiving data.
- Developed Scripts for AWS Orchestration
- System monitoring with Nagios & Graphite.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Business data analysis using Big Data tools like Splunk, ELK.
- Experience in CI and CD with Jenkins.
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experience in writing Puppet manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services.
- Prepared projects, dashboards, reports and questions for all JIRA related services.
- Generated scripts for effective integration of JIRA applications with other tools.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Git source control.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Branching and merging code lines in the GIT and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merges.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Highly skilled in the usage of data center automation and configuration management tool such as Docker.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT environments.
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL 5/6 using RPM & YUM.
- Supporting different projects build & Release SCM effort e.g. branching, tagging, merge, etc.
- Installed/configured/managed/Administrated of all UNIX/LINUX servers , includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to Support the installation/upgrades of Red Hat (4/5), CentOS 4/5, Fedora core operating systems.
- Worked on taking regular backups for amazon cloud instances and setting up of environments for the application launching.
- Performed physical to virtual, Virtual to Virtual migration of servers to support the Data center migration project.
Environment: Jenkins, Python, EC2, RDS, EBS, Nagios, S3, VPC, AMI, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, IAMDynamo DB tables, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Linux, Solaris .
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT and Puppet.
- Researched and implemented an Agile work flow for continuous integration and testing of applications using Jenkins.
- Installed and configured SSH & SSL for secured access on Linux Systems.
- Wrote Shell scripts and Perl scripts for day-to-day administration and create Perl scripts to automate the deployment.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool . And Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Responsible for installing and maintaining SQL 2008 R2 Cluster environment and Performed migrations from SQL server 2005 to SQL server 2008R2/2012.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Network troubleshooting in complex environments, VLAN configurations.
- Used Node.JS built - in library to allow application to perform as a web server. Thus, eliminating the use of Apache HTTP server and IIS.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- AWS Cloud management and Chef Automation .
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Responsible for code build, release and configuration on Amazon EC2.
- Maintained monitoring for all the environments like QA,DEV and prod.
- Created Clear Case configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Managing the ESXi servers using the VSphere client and Vcenter for managing the multiple ESXi servers.
- Building the Red hat Linux server in VMware ESX client through Vsphere client.
- Responsible for Installation, configuration, Maintenance, Deployments, Update , Monitoring, performance tuning on Linux. Experienced in monitoring and debug performance issues on different OS Linux (RHEL & Centos).
- Wrote Python and Shell scripts to monitor installed enterprise applications and to get information from the logs and database in the required format and other daily activities and jobs.
Environment: Linux,HP-UX(RHEL/SUSE/SOLARIS/HP-UX/AIX),centos,DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP,SCM,Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Chef, AWS Virtual Box, Vagrant, Chef, Perl brew, Serverspec, Shell, Python.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of Sun Solaris 9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux on x86 architecture.
- Installed and configured of hardware and OS on servers, workstations and I/O devices on E4500 environment.
- Managed the User and Application Account creations and deletions for the SUN Servers. This includes setting up SUDO access for DBA and application account access.
- Created mount points for Server directories, and mounted directories on the Servers.
- Co-ordinate with web admin team in installation of BEA Web Logic Server 8.1
- Used ATG application suite and Cisco networking solution software to host variety of applications.
- Setup and maintained NFS, DNS, NIS, and TCP/IP network and knowledge in LDAP Server.
- Maintaining network and data security and, Setting up SSH and SCP features between SUN systems and other UNIX hosts.
- Automated routine jobs by developing Perl and Bash shell-scripts.
- Installed/upgrade TSM on Unix Servers, Developed and executed test plans for VERITAS Cluster with NetApp SAN.
- Managed file permissions & ownership for important directories & files.
- Troubleshooting the issues for windows and linux instances.
- Administering Linux laptops used for financial-trading applications. Installation of patches and other software packages disk and File system management through Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris and other logical volume manager for other flavor of UNIX.
- Administered security, users, groups’ administration and daily backup and restore operations, networking service, performance, and resource monitoring and performed disaster Recovery management procedures.
- Administration responsibilities include user, group, disk, and security management, File sharing Permissions.
- Generated reports to show the trends of resource utilization user/CPU/network load
- Assisted other UNIX administrators when help was needed (i.e. creating UNIX accounts, writing scripts to perform system administrator functions, responding to trouble tickets, etc.)
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated storage requirements for applications.
Environment: Sun Solaris 10/9, Red Hat Linux 4, Dell Power Edge 1800/1850/2850 servers, Intel servers, Sun Ultra Enterprise 4500, Sun Enterprise 450, SDS 4.1, 4.2 Solstice Disk suite VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Netback up 5.0,Perl Scripting, Oracle, PL-SQL NIS, NFS.