- Around 8 years of Professional Experience on DevOps operations process involving Automation, Build/Release Management, Software Configuration Management, Service, Incident, and Change Management. Understands and manages the space between operations and development to quickly deliver code to customers.
- Experience in AWS platform and its features including IAM, EC2, EBS, VPC, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Configuration, Autoscaling, Cloud Front, S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda and Route53 .
- Experience with IAM requirements for cloud - based services, including strategies, trust models, and open standards, encryption, etc. used to improve manageability, access governance, provisioning, information security, and privacy.
- Experience with Troubleshooting AWS EC2 instances for Status check through System Status checks and Instance Status checks alerts and rectifying if necessary.
- Experience with designing and configuring secure Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) through private and public networks in AWS by creating various subnets, routing table, Network ACL, NAT gateways .
- Experience on AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS), different volume types and use of various types of EBS volumes based on requirement.
- Responsible for setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 buckets and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Excelled on creating AMI (AWS Machine Images) that utilizes ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) and Auto Scaling.
- Implemented a 'server less' architecture using API Gateway, Lambda, and Dynamo DB and deployed AWS Lambda code from Amazon S3 buckets. Created a Lambda Deployment function, and configured it to receive events from your S3 bucket
- Designed the data models to be used in data intensive AWS Lambda applications which are aimed to do complex analysis creating analytical reports for end-to-end traceability, lineage, definition of Key Business elements from Aurora.
- Experience in writing terraform modules for automation the Creation of VPC-VPN from data center to Prod environment and Cross account VPC Peering.
- Worked with customers and vendors to configure and troubleshoot the SSO SAML connection on the Service Provider (SP) side to the customer's Identity Provider (IdP).
- Configured the control access- using service principals, locking Azure resources, setting policies.
- Implemented Azure SQL Databases - create and configured the SQL Databases and restoring the database.
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (Vnets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Designed and Implemented MongoDB Cloud -Manger for Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in installation and administration of OpenStack components. Launched instances from Horizon and Command Line Interface. Implemented the functionality of choosing availability zone in a cloud environment and deploy a VM directly into that zone in OpenStack .
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud and google cloud.
- Develop data pipelines for Machine Learning models to improve functionality and user experience of the google Test cloud platform and its data
- Experience in using Git webhooks and Poll SCM with Jenkins to automate Jenkins tasks and responsible for writing groovy scripts for Jenkins pipelines.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes. Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Experience in using Jenkins as continuous integration tool to creating new jobs, managing required plugins, configuring the jobs selecting required source code management tool, build trigger, build system, and post build actions, scheduled automatic builds, notifying the build report.
- Deployed application code into QA, Staging, Preproduction, and Production using Code Deploy.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes, and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server. Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife .
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, recipes, roles, and data bags to automate the services related to deployment.
- Migrated systems from local storage to shared storage (SAN) solutions and iSCSI networking environment.
- Planned migrations to newer MS, VMware, EqualLogic, Pervasive, and Veeam products , including but not limited to, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, ESX(i), PSQL , etc. Maintained several levels of onsite backups and full host/SAN replications using Veeam Enterprise Product and San Headquarters
- Maintained telephone system, setup new extensions with voicemail, and performed telephone system troubleshooting.
- Created and administrated domain accounts, security, and organizational units through Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Wrote several Ansible playbooks for the automation that was defined through tasks using YAML format and run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded, and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases.
- Created Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Used Open Shift to improve application security by putting admin consoles on different Docker containers accessible only from unusual port numbers .
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource d/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Splunk system monitor.
- Experience on the TCP/IP protocols RSH, SSH, RCP, SCP analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Developed Bash, Shell, Perl, Python scripts with focus on Devops tools and CI/CD architecture.
- Extensively worked on backend testing well versed with SQL, PL/SQL queries to run data integrity tests.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/ JBOSS.
Version Control Tools: Git, SVN, Perforce.
Build Tools: Maven, Ant.
Continuous Integration: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo
Scripting: Shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Web Tools: JSP, PHP, XML, Spring Boot.
Databases: MYSQL, NOSQL, Monodb
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, Jboss, Nginx
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Zabbix, Nagios.
Cloud: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
Operating systems: Windows, Linux, HP-Unix, and Solaris
Containerization Tool: Docker, Kubernetes.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Devops & AWS Engineer
- Built the AWS infrastructure from the scratch for the Project Excalibur App which is an internal application that logs the customer data.
- Responsible for creating tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS resources.
- Configured and designed EC2 instances in all the environments to meet high availability and complete security. Setting up the Cloud Watch alerts for EC2 instances and using in Auto scaling launch configuration.
- Automated the backing up of the data by use of the Shell script which creates images and snapshots of all EC2 instances at regular intervals.
- Used BOTO 3 and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS . Configured Inbound/Outbound in AWS Security groups according to the requirements.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles, and groups. Extensively automated the deployments using AWS by creating IAM s and integrated the Jenkins with AWS plugins to pipeline the code.
- Designed and developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Worked with Terraform to create stacks in AWS from the scratch and updated the terraform as per the organizations requirement on a regular basis.
- Created templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Worked on Blue/green deployment strategy by creating new applications which are identical to the existing production environment using CloudFormation templates & Route53 weighted record sets to redirect traffic from the old environment to the new environment via DNS.
- Worked on POC to migrate to Windows Azure to address scalability and performance issues .
- Worked with Azure Product team in analyzing and rectifying defects in the beta Azure IaaS offering.
- Worked on Azure & PaaS Solutions like Azure Web Apps , Web Roles, Worker Roles
- Managed the Google Partner Portal website , which included content creation, posting new content, updating old content, and responding to community forum inquiries / discussions using Jive .
- Headed a pilot program with the account management department to build out new processes and procedures to convert customers from google suite to google Apps for Work.
- Involved in Upgrade of Jenkins & Artifactory Server by scheduling backups in S3 .
- Wrote JSON templates for cloud formation and Ruby scripts for chef automation and contributed to our repository on GitHub .
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Managed the Code Repository by maintaining code in GIT , improve practices of branching and code merge to custom needs of development team.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automated builds for projects written in java, PHP using Jenkins.
- Designed and Implemented CI (Continuous Integration) system, configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl, Python)
- Configured Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using CloudFormation .
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Open Stack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Experience in creating Custom Puppet modules for bootstrapping new servers with a required application on dependencies and packages.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing Directory structures, and managing containers.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, Selector, Services, and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Experience in the PaaS service like OpenShift provided by the RedHat and Streamlined installation of OpenShift on partner cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Involved in creating different applications like Kafka, Zookeeper , and Solar and used to expose any route to the external traffic around OpenShift.
- Installed and configured Splunk to monitor applications deployed on application server, by analyzing the application and server log files. Worked on setup of various dashboards, reports, and alerts in Splunk.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes.
- Pipelined Application Logs from App Servers to Elastic search (ELK Stack) through Log Stash Built Dashboards for App Metrics using Kibana (ELK Stack).
- Experience in using Mesosphere for clustering to provide efficient resource isolation and sharing across distributed applications or frameworks.
- Plan and execute RPM and YUM packages and update installations necessary for optimal system performance
- Experience in configuration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, DHCP Server, Samba, and TCP/IP and have experience in process automation and system monitoring using Shell Scripts.
- Assist in LDAP server configuration for user authentication on network
- Experience in maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye, Bamboo, Crowd etc.
- Experience on JIRA administration and JIRA workflow design and JIRA service desk.
Environment: AWS, Azure, Terraform, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, and Kubernetes, RedHat, Debian, Linux, Python, Nginx, Nagios, Log Stash, Kibana, Blue Green Deployment
- Developed and tested enterprise products, with current focus on cloud-based application and giving solution to challenges imposed by multi data center deployed SaaS products and their needs for DevOps tools and automation.
- Created CloudFormation Templates for different environments(DEV/stage/prod) to automate infrastructure (ELB, CloudWatch alarms, ASGs, SNS, RDS etc.) on click of a button.
- Configure, monitor, and automate Amazon Web Services as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS .
- Migrated data from Datacenters and on-premises to Cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Created and maintained Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) resources such as Subnets, Network Access Control Lists (NACL), and Security Groups.
- Used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Worked on Amazon RDS Multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier for MySQL workloads. Development of Application groovy .
- Configuring and managing AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS) and Simple Queue Service (SQS).
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as Dynamo DB .
- AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based infrastructure automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Extensive experience with software Build automation and standardization tools like ANT, Maven, and Gradle.
- Downloaded several Chef cookbooks from the Chef supermarket and downloaded dependencies of those cookbooks by using Berkshelf.
- Responsible for managing the Chef Client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby to Provision several pre prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test.
- Worked with Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker -Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
- Leveraging kops implemented a Kubernetes Container Orchestration solution within AWS allowing for easy management, creation, and recovery of AWS assets
- Monitored Applications and Servers through Nagios, Web Servers Administration on Apache and Nginx.
- Re-architected the storage designs and the Devops team to re-vamp Cisco's WebEx 11 cloud platform
- Wrote Bourne and bash scripts to automate hammer kickstarts with expect to suppress passwords being echoed in history/cli. Proceed moving our platform to Amazon (AWS) and Google (GCE).
- Installed, tested, and deployed monitoring solutions with Splunk.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with puppet automation.
- Monitoring - Nagios, artifactory, Custom checks, Zabbix, App Dynamics, Splunk.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud, Amazon Lambda, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, Python, Ruby, Web logic, UNIX, Artifactory, Shell, Perl, IAM, S3, EBS, AWS SDK, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, JSON, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, GIT, SVN, Cassandra, Splunk, Nagios, Snowball, RDBMS.
Devops & AWS
- Used EC2, Auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, for highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts .
- Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and give public DNS names to elastic load balancers
- Configured applications in virtual private cloud (VPC) and hardened it from malicious attacks using 2-layer protection from security groups (at instance level) and network access control lists (NACL, at subnet level) and using network access translator (NAT) instance.
- Creating alarms in Cloud Watch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via CloudFormation .
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of different Linux Distribution servers like Debian, RHEL, CentOS and SUSE Servers at multiple Data Center.
- Experience with configuring and managing Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) to implement fault tolerance and avoid single point of failure of applications.
- Apache Maven is used as build tool and Artifactory is used as a source for artifacts needed for a build, and a target to deploy artifacts generated in the build process.
- Created a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds, promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins and GIT.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, build and deploy on Jenkins Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Created Docker container images by tagging and pushing the images and worked on the infrastructure using Docker containerization
- Deployed the applications on multiple WebLogic Servers, Tomcat Application servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability, and Failover functionalities.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, and maintaining Web Sphere & Web Logic Application Servers, Nagios.
Environment: Aws, Ec2, Vpc, Route 53, Dns, Azure, Git, Ant, Maven, Terraform, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Open shift, Kops, Splunk, Selenium, WebLogic, Power shell, Solaris.
Confidential, St. Louis
- Created using Packer, Terraform , and Ansible migrate legacy from monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/ GIT support for different projects.
- Integrate GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Using GIT as configuration Management tool to have version control
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Stash GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Installed, configured, and administered Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for build and deployment of JAVA code.
- Created Instances in Apache Web Server and JBOSS Application server in QA and Production environments.
- Designed and implemented Puppet -based configuration management system for all new Linux machines (physical and virtual).
- Worked in creating WebSphere Application Server Clustered Environments and handling Load Balancing for QA, UAT and Production.
- Written Perl script to monitor and notify team about the Rsync updates
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/ANT scripts for Java/J2EE build and release tasks.
- Deployed Enterprise Application Archive (EAR), Web Application Archive (WAR), Staging and Production environments.
- JIRA is used as ticket tracking , change management and Agile/Scrum too
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Ruby.
- Set up build forge jobs to automate the deployments onto Linux and windows servers.
Environment: Linux (RHEL, CentOS), Puppet, Jenkins, Hudson, ANT, Maven, Git, SVN, Puppet, Jira, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS, Nagios, RHEL 5.x.
- Installing, troubleshooting, and patching of Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Scheduled various regular, periodic, future and queue tasks by using Crontabs.
- Experience with ZFS file system on Solaris 10 . Implemented ZFS and mount for non-global zones (containers) for a specific application.
- To troubleshoot network connectivity used ping, snoop, Arp, ipconfig, rpcinfo and traceroute commands.
- Experience in BladeLogic software installation on various OS (Linux, Solaris10, Window2003 .
- Experience on Netapp Storage for Creation vfiler, volumes, qtree setup, aggr creation, snapshot & nfs mounted as different data store in Vcenter and for servers.
- Experience on different ticketing system Jira , Service now in a production environment.
- Experience on VMWare virtualization techniques such as creating a cluster and adding esxi (5.1, 5.5, 6) hosts (Blade servers and Dell R610) to the cluster in the Vcenter (5.1, 5.5).
- Experience in setting up the gateway proxy (squid ) in the production environment.
- Created meta devices, hot spares and maintained concatenated and striped devices. Implemented data redundancy through mirroring.
- Created, maintained, and removed database replicas, disk suite objects and hot spare pools using solstice disk suite on Solaris
- Controlled disk operations, disk group operations, volume operations and volume configurations using vxdisk, vxdg, vxassist, vxmake and vxvol in Veritas Volume Manager.
Environment: Mirroring, OSI, VMware, Netapp, Vmax, Emc, Solaris, Authentication, PGP, Blade logic, ZFS, Crontabs, SNMP
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x,7x SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6,7 operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Monitoring & troubleshooting of any datacenter outages. Day - to-day administration on Sun Solaris which includes Installation, upgrade & loading patches & packages.
- Worked with Netstat, Prstat, Iostat monitoring commands.
- Image machines using Jumpstart /Kickstart to install Solaris 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Installation and configuration of Solaris Zones.
- Maintained DNS, NFS, and DHCP , printing, mail, web, and FTP services for the enterprise.
- Installed and upgraded packages and patches configuration management, version control, service pack and reviewing connectivity issue regarding security problem.
- Performed kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.
- In depth knowledge of System /OS level TCP/IP Networking .
Environment: Red hat 7.x, 8, 9, E3500 Servers, Dell 2400, 6400, Veritas Volume Manager 3.5, VERITAS Cluster Server 3.5, Nagios, Netstat, Prstat, Iostat, Sun Solaris, TCP/IP.