- Over 8+ years of experience in Information Technology industry in various roles with excellent experience in Software Integration, RedHat Enterprise Linux Administration, Configuration, DevOps Engineer Build & Release management and Development for several market driven international organizations
- Experienced in working on DevOps Operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, SCM Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management)
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, Waterfall methodologies.
- Hands-On experience in Implement, Build and Deployment of CI/CD pipelines, managing projects often includes tracking multiple deployments across multiple pipeline stages (Dev, Test/QA staging and production).
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts. Adopted new features as they were released by Amazon, including ELB & EBS.
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration with Puppet Code.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Hands-on experience with configuration and automation tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Worked with Ansible Playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, Configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and Cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Good understanding of Salt Stack, Open Stack and Docker platforms.
- Strong knowledge on system Administration, configuration of Atlassian tools.
- Having work experience in support of multi platforms like UNIX, Ubuntu, RedHat, RHEL, Fedora and Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8 of production, test and development servers.
- Experienced in Linux administration. Good knowledge and understanding of database and application servers’ administration in a global production environment
- Extensive experience using Maven, Ant, and Gradle as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion, GIT and TFS
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic, and IBM Web Sphere.
- Work with application development and operation teams using a variety of automated testing and build, and deploy tools ( Maven, Ant, Nexus, Jenkins, Svn, Selenium, Junit ) to resolve issues with transition to new DevOps solution.
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN and Gradle.
Operating System: Windows XP 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, LINUX.
Bug Tracker& Testing Tools: JIRA, Junit, HP Quality Center
Configuration and Automation Tools: Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Waterfall Methodologies.
Languages: C, C++, SQL, .NET, Python, Ruby, Java/J2EE.
Scripts: Shell Script, ANT Script, Batch Script, Perl Script, Power Shell Script.
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML.
Web/App servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL.
Virtualization: VMware VSphere, vCenter Server, Xen Server.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Developed the Jenkins Architecture, with Master and Slave Systems and Maintained Artifacts in Repositories such as Nexus, ClearCase and GIT
- Provided end-user training for all GIT users to effectively use the tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in JENKINS to move from one environment to other environments.
- Responsible in deploying the application JARs, WARs, EARs in Apache Tomcat application servers and troubleshoot any deployment issue.
- Updating systems with latest version of OS and application software
- In-depth understanding of principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall methodologies.
- Proposed branching strategies for using Version Control Systems for GIT.
- Provide subject matter expertise for customizing digital SaaS (Software as a Service) products and platforms including the Learn Smart Platform and Smart Books software
- Built Jenkins pipeline to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, created pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Deployed Docker containerized applications using Kubernetes in Google Cloud Platform.
- Developing and supporting a Docker, CoreOS, Consul and AWS ECS infrastructure for application platforms and Jenkins continuous delivery processes
- Researching, designing and implementing best practice processes for multi-region deployments, disaster recovery and high availability
- Developed an automated, no-downtime deployments to an AWS infrastructure using Cloud Formation, auto scaling groups, Python boto, and Fabric
- Chef configuration management for managing Linux AWS EC2 instances and Jenkins slaves nodes
- Implemented and support an AWS managed Elastic search/Kibana cluster for application logging
- Responsible for all delivery and sales support operations for Document Links, Xerox's SaaS platform for managing large-scale operations and services for fleets of printing, scanning and output devices.
- Used Docker and Vagrant for managing development environments through creation of Linux virtual containers.
- Configured applications in virtual private cloud (VPC) and hardened it from malicious attacks using 2-layer protection from security groups (at instance level) and network access control lists ( Confidential, at subnet level) and using network access translator (NAT) instance.
- Configure ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using LogStash to output data to AWS S3
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Used configuration management tools Chef, and Ansible.
- Experience using Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard, and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Creating Ansible Playbooks to Deploy VM and install the components as per requirements.
- Managing Ansible (Automation Tool), Installing LAMP, managing service stop and start using ansible -playbook command.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks for installing webservers like Apache and Nginx.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Responsible for installing and administrating the SonarQube for code quality check and Nexus repository and generating reports for different projects. Also, integrated them into Jenkins.
- Ability to coordinate release cycles and maintain different branches of multiple projects and ability to resolve build issues E.g. merge conflicts, compilation errors and missing dependencies.
- Documented all build and release process items and support for all build and deploy issues and counter during build process.
Environment: Linux, Jenkins, Ansible, Tomcat, WebSphere, SaaS, GIT, Bash, ANT, Maven, XML, VMWare, JUnit, Nexus, IBM HTTP Servers, LDAP, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Java, J2EE.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Auto scaling groups, AMIs.
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Highly skilled in the usage of data center automation and configuration management tool such as Docker.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Continuously managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Defined the Patch Management process for the VMware Environment to upgrade the Hosts and VM’s and Successful completion of Update Manager Installation in all the Environments.
- Manage uDeploy configuration, administration, upgrade, security and maintenance of systems, platforms like Web, application and DB tier
- Build uDeploy workflows for deployment automation of JAVA and .NET applications.
- Worked on setup of various Team Projects into different Team Project Collections in TFS 2013/2015.
- Performed uDeploy agent installation and configuration, Support uDeploy security roles and application access.
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Writing Puppet manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services
- Experience in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) using Jenkins
- Developing automated process for code builds and deployments; Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Sonar type Nexus, Shell Script, Perl, Java and Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins and Maven in multiple environments.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure.
- Azure Automation and PowerShell, Chef and Ansible to automate processes in the Azure Cloud
- Integrated Maven with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications. Managed the deployment activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less ssh communication between the servers and utilizing utility in the shell scripts.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Experience with build tools like Maven Junit, JQuery and have worked in Mavenization of multiple projects.
- Designing and Setting-Up the Splunk Architecture in the organization and creating Applications on Splunk to analyze the Big Data.
- Design and write code to develop and maintain systems which power Splunk multi-tenant services hosted in the public cloud. installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Webserver on RedHatLinux.
- Performance monitoring using Sar, Iostat, VMstat and MPstaton servers and also logged to munin monitoring tool for graphical view.
- Prepared projects, dashboards, reports and questions for all JIRA related services. Generated scripts for effective integration of JIRA applications with other tools.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC and Perform Deployment of Release to various QA&UAT environments and Branching and merging code lines in the GIT and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merges.
- Supporting different projects build & Release SCM effort e.g. branching, tagging, merge, etc.
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL5/6 using RPM&YUM.
Environment: AWS, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), Auto Scaling Groups, Azure, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch, Glacier, Jenkins, Maven, Subversion, Ant, Bash Scripts, Git, Docker, Jira, Chef.
Confidential, WoonSocket, RI
DevOps/ Build and Release Engineer
- As a DevOps, Build & Release Engineer responsible for continuous delivery, working with different teams to deliver high-quality applications to satisfy growing customer and business demands.
- Installed administered and configured Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Experienced in deploying Java projects using Maven/ANT and Jenkins.
- Good understanding of building the Android Applications using the Maven and Jenkins.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Puppet.
- Worked on the configuration management tool Puppet for deploying the codes between different environments.
- Wrote, maintained, reviewed and documented modules, manifests for puppet Enterprise on RHEL and Windows platforms.
- Writing, Creation, testing, implementing Puppet modules and Puppet manifests.
- Used Puppet server and Workstation to manage, configure nodes. Supported 500+ servers in large environments.
- Implemented a continuous Delivery Pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub. Whenever a new GitHub branches are created Jenkins automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Created and maintained Ant build.xmls and Maven Pom.xmls for performing the builds.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Exposure of using sonar, chekstyle for managing and monitoring coding standards, code complexity and code coverage.
- Deployed Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat, WebSphere and WebLogic.
- Deployed large source code bases on to TFS server from external environment .
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Assisted end-to-end release process from the planning of release content through to actual release deployment to production.
- Worked as JIRA Systems Administrator for the international JIRA/Confluence infrastructure, including all associated programs, plugins and systems
- Debugged build and runtime problems and maintained a build process to support ongoing projects, implementations and regression and user/system level testes.
- Created a complete release process documentation, which explains all the steps involved in the release process.
Environment: Windows, Jenkins, Puppet, JIRA, Tomcat, WebSphere, Bash, TFS, ANT, Maven, Nexus, IBM HTTP Servers, LDAP, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Java, J2EE.
Build & Release Engineer
- Maintained and administered SVN source code tool.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Installed subversion server on Redhat Linux boxes. Created subversion repositories, imported projects into newly created subversion repositories as per the standard directory layout.
- Created various branches for each purpose, merged from development branch to release branch, created tags for releases.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Responsible for the build and release management process.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo& Jira.
- Installed and administered Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Used the continuous integration tool Bamboo to automate the daily processes
- Responsible for automated build scripts.
- Responsible for resolve the build issues.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand the code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Configured build & Release definitions in TFS to automate the process.
- Labelling activities in TFS once deployment is done.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application servers.
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Bamboo, ANT, MAVEN, Web Logic, SQL server 2005, TFS 2010, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX.
- Worked on Installing, tuning, troubleshooting and patching of Confidential Enterprise Linux servers.
- Carried on installation and configuration of WebLogic and WebSphere application server.
- Performed installation, configuration, and maintenance of web servers, application servers, and database servers on Linux server.
- Scheduled various regular, periodic, future and queue tasks by using crontab.
- Utilized Confidential management - taking care of user accounts/groups, setting up of Confidential environment.
- Transferred files from one system to other using FTP and SFTP.
- Monitored server performance and troubleshooting server related problems to SNMP.
- Performed processes administration and management like monitoring, start/stop/kill various processes/sub processes.
- Monitored system performance parameters using iostat, vmstat, and fine-tuning.
- Created and maintained user accounts, profiles, and security rights.
- Carried on installation/upgrade, system startup, and system shutdown as needed.
- Wrote simple bash scripts to ping the servers and add users to the boxes.
- Resolved system errors and crashes, disk space problems, huge file sizes, and file system full errors.
Environment: Confidential Enterprise Linux , Shell Scripting, Apache, WebLogic, WebSphere, Bash, Confidential, iostat.