- Around 8 years of IT experience in the area of DevOps & Build & Release.
- Extensive experience building software and systems to manage infrastructure and applications through automation. Involved in activities in relation to deployment, support and monitoring of new platforms and Application stacks, Measurement and Optimization of system performance through various DevOps tools.
- Working experience with cloud, Virtualization concepts like AWS cloud and Docker.
- Experience in coordinating and managing various product software configurations through Chef and Puppet.
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies using Jenkins.
- Vast experience in administrating different Version Control Tools like Perforce, GIT, SVN. Extensively worked on branching, merging and hooks.
- Extensive experience in using of all main AWS services stack like EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, CloudWatch, Codedeploy to run seamless application deployment.
- Integrating various DevOps tools with AWS services to achieve continuous integration and continuous delivery solutions.
- Ensured deployment activities were executed aligned with agreed on build & migration strategies.
- Excellent in understanding of SDLC, Traditional, Agile and other Methodologies
- In depth knowledge of CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies with Jenkins, Maven, Ant and Git version control system
- Experience in Branching, Merging Branches and Applying patches and automate the build Process.
- Extensive experience in working with Apache Tomcat, Web logic and WebSphere application servers.
- Experience using various artifact repositories like Nexus, Artifactory.
- Generated Python & Shell scripts for build activities in QA, staging and production environments
- Built Chef Development workflow and best practices around configuration management as well as building a strong and diverse internal Chef community.
- Experience in building and deploying Java &SOA applications and troubleshooting the build and deploy failures
- Experience integrating JUnit, FindBugs, Checkstyle code analysis with Jenkins to automate testing efforts as part of CI process.
- Experience managing various environments for regular deployments (DEV, SIT, UAT) and for Production releases.
- Experience in Database Management with Oracle and MS SQL DB systems.
- Experience in API integrations.
- Experience working in Agile environment, and has strong understanding of SDLC processes.
Automation Tools: Jenkins, chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Hudson.
Cloud Platforms: AWS
Database Systems: OracleDB2, MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, AWS RDS, DynamoDB.
Version Control tools: GIT, Subversion, SVN, Bitbucket, Gerrit, ClearCase
Web Servers: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, WebLogic (8/9/10), WebSphere4/5TFS, Nginx, Azure, IIS, Redhat Satellite.
Scripting/Languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash/Shell Scripting, PowerShell scripting, YAML, PHP, JSON
Application Servers: Web Logic Application server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.xRed Hat JBoss 4.22
Monitoring Tools: ElasticSearch, Kibana (ELK), CloudWatch, Splunk, Nagios
Operating system: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP - UX 11.0V1, V2 & V3, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT 2010, 2012, DEBIAN.
Confidential, Renton, WA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Implemented continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions to target environments
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and Auto scaling in AWS Cloud Formation
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerts of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloudwatch
- Integrated AWS Dynamo DB using AWS lambda to store the items and backup the Dynamo DB streams
- Monitored software, hardware and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Ant, MS Build.
- Integrated various source control management tools like perforce/GIT with Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Integrated various other devops tools with Jenkins to implement continuous integration and continuous delivery solutions
- Experience creating and managing Docker containers, maintaining Docker images
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef Server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef
- Converting production support scripts to chef recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool
- Developed Docker files, created Docker images and maintained containers on a private DockerHub.
- Developed a container orchestration and deployment system using Docker
- Created a custom Puppet module skeleton to use same structure across all Puppet modules
- Experience in Implementing Configuration Management tools with Chef and Puppet
- Created and maintained various custom puppet modules for both windows and Linux servers
- Written scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers
- Installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Configuration and troubleshooting on Red Hat Linux
- Worked on a POC to setup kubernetes cluster to manage docker containers
- Integration with Splunk for API traffic monitoring and health checks
- Worked with AWS API to manage resources on AWS for many services such as EC2, S3, VPC, Cloud watch, ELB, Auto-scaling and SNS, created python script using AWS API Calls to manage all resources deployed on AWS.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Expertise in various GIT branching methodologies, merging and tagging to facilitate defect/change management in conjunction within projects across the organization
Environment: AWS, Chef, Puppet, S3, Red Hat Linux, Git/Perforce, Jenkins, Maven, shell scripting, Ruby, python.
Confidential, Peoria, IL
DevOps / Cloud Engineer
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Puppet, or custom-built.
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Auto scaling groups, AMIs.
- Experience in configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2instances, Auto Scaling, ElasticLoadBalancer and AMIs.
- Highly skilled in the usage of data center automation and configuration management tool such as puppet.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Continuously managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Defined the Patch Management process for the VMware Environment to upgrade the Hosts and VM’s and Successful completion of Update Manager Installation in all the Environments.
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Writing Puppet manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of servers
- Used Elasticsearch as a open source search engine with a REST API
- Experience in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) using Jenkins
- Developing automated process for code builds and deployments, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Shell Script
- Integrated Maven with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications. Managed the deployment activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers and utilizing utility in the shell scripts.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Experience in building microservices with docker enterprise.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Designing and Setting-Up the Splunk Architecture in the organization and creating Applications on Splunk to analyze the data.
- Design and write code to develop and maintain systems which power Splunk multi-tenant services hosted in the public cloud.
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on premise/workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/chefspec.
- Experience on managing configuration of multiple servers using Chef Configuration tool. Utilized various configuration using it.
- Administrated and Implemented TFS, Maintained and Migrated TFS &TFS 2012/2013 support.
- Prepared projects, dashboards, reports and questions for all JIRA related services. Generated scripts for effective integration of JIRA applications with other tools.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC and Perform Deployment of Release to various QA&UAT environments
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL5/6 using RPM&YUM.
Environment: AWS, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), Auto Scaling Groups, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch, Glacier, Jenkins, Maven, Subversion, Ant, Bash Scripts, Git, Docker, Jira, Chef.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Build & Release Engineer
- As a member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting on UNIX platform.
- Worked with Subject Matter Expert to Build and Release Management methodologies, hands-on experience in creating and managing the various development and build platforms and deployment strategies.
- Builds and deploys J2EE application in Web Sphere.
- Designed and developed continuous availability testing framework to ensure that all components of SOA backplane is up and running along with working web services in HUDSON.
- Involved in Creating test scenarios and test cases based on the defined test strategy for the assigned module for SOA implementation.
- Setting up SPLUNK monitoring on Linux and windows systems.
- Analyzed the ANT Build projects for conversion. Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects.
- Written Maven scripts, installed Jenkins, written shell script for end to end build and deployment automation.
- Build and maintained SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Prepared the initial project structures in the SCM Tool based on requirements.
- Supported development teams with respect to the SCM Tool.
- Assisted with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects and Responsible for designing and maintenance of the Subversion/GITRepositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using SVN version control tools.
- Deployed the web services code To JBOSS App server using Serena deployment utility to trigger the Maven scripts to deploy to the correct locations on the server.
- Developed shell scripts on windows systems for automation of the build and release process and also automates deployment and release distribution process with shell.
- Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on Remedy tickets.
- Generated scripts for effective integration of JIRA applications with other tools.
Environment: Java/J2EE, SOA Software, UNIX, Maven, GIT, SVN, ANT, Jenkins, Remedy, Shell Scripts, Web Sphere.
Build & Release Engineer
- Provided CM and Build support for more than 2 different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environment.
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin,
- Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Jenkins.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like
- Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Responsible for the build and release management process, automated build scripts and resolve the build issues.
- Analyze and create daily reports on the status of server backups on intranet and extranet.
- Build artifacts (WAR's and EAR's) are deployed into a Web logic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Troubleshoot tickets on the helpdesk tracking system.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
Environment: ANT, Maven, SVN, Hudson, Web Logic, JSP, Anthill Pro, Perforce, Perl Script, Shell Script CVS, Linux, Java, J2ee.
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6, operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Supervised the implementation and maintenance of DHCP, NFS, NIS and DNS
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS 4.0 monitoring.
- Performing failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Hands on experience in automating different tasks using Windows Power shell
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Used Chef for managing server application server such as Apache, MySQL and Tomcat.
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services Sendmail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Performing kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, GIT, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat, Nagios.