- Having 7+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, release & deployment, and cloud implementation and Data Centre and mostly involved in the areas of DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipeline, Build and release management. Proficiency in writing automation scripts to support infrastructure as code in AWS/Azure and Linux/Windows Administration.
- Experienced with Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Working Knowledge on Cloud automation using Azure and AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management ( SCM ) in Agile , SCRUM , Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience of Jenkins, Apache Ant, Apache Tomcat, Subversion, Git, Maven.
- Develop, enhance and maintain the build, deployment and configurations for continuous integration and Automate regression and acceptance testing .
- Automate the Build and deploy of all internal Java environments using various continuous integration tools and scripting languages.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Perforce and PVCS.
- Strong knowledge and real time experience in Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53).
- Written build scripts from scratch for new projects and for new modules within existing projects.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Perl and XML.
- Expertise in Enterprise repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc.
- Maintained local team repositories and Organization’s central repositories for Maven.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Extensively worked on Automatic Scripting using shell scripts bash, awk, sed.
- Experience in writing shell scripts to automate the administrative tasks and management using cron.
- Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security rights, disk space and process.
- Team player with good management, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge in build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts.
- Configuration management with various automation tools like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Having work experience in support of multi platforms like UNIX, Ubuntu, RHEL, Fedora, iOS and Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8 of production, test and development servers.
- Experience in Deploying JBos, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic, and IBM Web Sphere.
- Involved in Linux administration activities like troubleshooting of regular issues, configuration issues, applying patches, kernel upgrades, package management, diagnosing resource utilization and file system issues.
DevOps Tools: Bamboo, Jenkins, Udeploy, salt-stack.
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft azure, google cloud, open-stack.
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle
Operating systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
Virtualization Platform: VMWare ESXi 6, VSphere ESXi 5.5, VM Ware ESX 3.x, VM Ware VSphere 4.x, Virtual Center.
Version Control tools: Bit bucket, GIT, SVN, TFS (Team Foundation Server).
Web /Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache, JBoss, WebSphere application server.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Database: Oracle,DB2, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, SQL Server 2008/2012/2014.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, IBM clear Quest, Bugzilla
Languages: XML, HTML, Shell Scripting, Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby.
Confidential, SFO, CA
Cloud AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Build servers using AWS includes importing necessary volumes, launching EC2 instances, S3 for object static webpages and created security groups, auto scaling, load balancer, Route 53 and SNS as per architecture using IAAC tools like Cloud formation JSON Templates.
- Created customized Amazon Machine Images based on already existing AWS EC2 instances by using create image functionality snapshot for disaster recovery. Used Boto3 to automate, Auto scaling policy for automating auto-scaling groups, Elastic load balancers, and launch configurations.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation and extensively used Auto scaling launch configuration templates for launching amazon EC2 instances while deploying Micro services.
- Launched AWS instances using auto-scaling for scaling up and scaling out of ec2 instances while deploying Micro Services into production environment.
- Worked on Life cycle hooks to keep instances in wait state, perform preproduction tasks, and then launch Ec2 instances while deploying into production environment.
- Developed infrastructure with automation in AWS (EC2, Lambda, EBS, RDS, Dynamo, ELB, and BOTO3) with AWS cloud formation templates. Created and designed the AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, NAT subnets, for deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Worked on Terra form for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure. Using Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, Bare Metal Servers and Docker containers.
- Worked with an agile development team to deliver an end-to-end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using Ansible and Jenkins to get the job done.
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for automating/Scheduling the build processes and used Jenkins along with Shell or Python scripts to automate routine jobs. CI/CD tools to implement Blue - Green deployment methodology for reducing down time in Production environment.
- Implemented CI and CD for application using Jenkins as CI tool for integrating different tools like Github, Maven, Junit, and Nexus Artifactory and used Ansible as configuration management tool for continuous deployment into testing, staging and Production Environment.
- Implemented Ansible to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production. Automation of infrastructure by creating .yml scripts based on python language using Ansible and worked on writing playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning on open stack environment through automated tools.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat , Jenkins , Run deck and deployment automation . Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Experience on working Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handled multiple images for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Maintained Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on AWS. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build test and deploy.
- Deployed using AWS code Pipeline the on multimode with High availability environment and built a new CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins as CI tool with Maven as a build tool, Nexus as storage Artifactory, Junit Testing for unit testing and Selenium testing as regression testing, and deployment automation with Docker, Kubernetes and Ansible, and Monitored using Cloud watch.
- Setup profiles, thresholds, alerts based on thresholds and created various dashboards in Dynatrace and App dynamics. By using Application performance Management in App dynamics, monitored Micro Services deployed in elastic infrastructure, spotting thread contention issues, and their root cause and integrated alerting system with Jira.
- Implemented Build per Branch as part of CI process in Jenkins to run Sonar Qube code coverage and run unit and integration tests to improve the pipeline efficiency.
- Used MAVEN and Gradle as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and store the war file in Nexus repository.
- Created release pipelines using GIT , Ansible for automatic workflow and Created and maintained Maven Pom.XML for performing the builds.
- Proposed branching strategies for using Version Control Systems like GIT, Clear Case, Stash, GitHub & Subversion and Created branches, performed merges in these version control systems.
- Used ELK Stack (Elastic search, Logstash and Kibana) for monitoring the servers using Metric beat daemons that collects metrics from server, drop it in Elastic search or Logstash, and analyzed that metrics using Kibana.
- Automated setting up server infrastructure for the DevOps services, using Ansible, by writing shell and python scripts.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Integration, Tuning, Backup, Crash recovery, Upgrades, Patching, Monitoring System Performance, System and Network Security and Troubleshooting of Linux/Unix Servers.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Worked on developing CI/CD pipeline with Bamboo as a continuous integration tool, using Bitbucket to push/pull code, Maven to generate build, stored in Aws S3 as an Artifactory and then integrated chef with Bamboo.
- Worked in environment to migrate or develop new PaaS, IaaS, utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS).Built, used, and managed policies for S3 buckets in AWS.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes. Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and development environment Using Lambda, run code for virtually any type of application or backend service.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning. Created roles, recipes, cookbooks and data bags for Nginx, tomcat, apache server configuration.
- Experience in Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Chef, EBS and Ops Works and experience in developing Python modules to automate processes in AWS using AWS CF, EC2, Boto API.
- Writing Chef Cookbook to automate in installing and configuring Servers like Apache Tomcat, JDK and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning. Created roles, recipes, cookbooks and data bags for Nginx, tomcat, apache server configuration.
- Experience in writing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrate Chef Cookbooks into Bamboo for a continuous delivery framework.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configuration to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Installed Jenkins on Linux in AWS EC2 instance and created master slave configuration to run parallel builds and Used Ansible towers to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Experience in using JIRA as project management tool and used tool for issue tracking and Bug tracking. Reported performance related issues to management by doing analysis, tracking of existing systems, and used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Installed and configured Splunk to monitor applications deployed on application server, by analyzing the application and server log files. Maintained log for system status/health using Linux commands and Splunk system monitor.
- Used Application Performance Management in App dynamics, monitored micro services deployed in elastic infrastructure, spotting thread contention issues, and their root cause had analysed.
- Installed and Configured IHS, Tomcat, Apache web server by setting up Virtual Hosts, JDBC connection pools and web server plug-ins.
- Configured Managed and Scheduled CRONTAB for App Accounts and Backup management on a regular basis and worked on Docker hub in creating Docker images for middleware installation and domain configurations.
- Used MAVEN as build tools for the development of build artifacts on the source code (.WAR) and Installed and configured Nexus repository manager for storing the artifacts within the company using the continuous integration tool like Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Proposed branching strategies, and worked on merging and tagging for using Version Control Systems like GIT, GitHub & Subversion.
- Worked with Kubernetes as it usually works with the Docker container tool and coordinates between wide clusters of hosts running Docker.
- Experience in using tools like Docker Compose, Kubernetes, etc. for orchestrating and deploying the services related to the containers. Experience with container based deployments using Docker , working with Docker images, Docker hub .
- Created additional Docker, Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to ECR. Worked on all major components of Docker like Docker, Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry and Swarm etc.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Experience in AWS Family services like EC2, VPC, Lambda, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancer, Volumes and Snapshot management, Dynamo DB, RDS, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk and IAM services. Security Groups, Route53, IAM, EBS, AMI, RDS, S3 Bucket, Red shift, SNS, SQS, Cloud Watch, kinesis, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Glacier, Cloud Trail and Direct connect. etc.,
- Worked with EC2 container services (ECS) to build and manage Docker containers in effective manner and maintained EC2 Container Registry (ECR) to save our own Docker images.
- Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration, Ant (build.xml) as a build tool generated a WAR file and deployed in web /application servers like Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebSphere, WebLogic.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS, cloud trial and cloud watch.
- Migrated the current Linux environment to AWS/RHEL Linux environment and used auto scaling feature and Involved in Remediation and patching of Unix/Linux Servers.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, ELK) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) for Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and improved login authentication for users and groups.
- Used Chef to manage configured servers like Tomcat and Apache web server. Developed Cloud Formation script to automate the EC2 instances with JSON templates.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife. Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks in CI and CD pipeline.
- Implemented automation with Chef on AWS for application testing, deployment & development. Used cookbooks, recipes, roles, data bags, run list to deploy web applications, applications server and vendor applications.
- Worked on Version controller like Bit bucket and integration tools like Bamboo and deployed many applications using IBM udeploy.
- Administered Jenkins and Bamboo within the organization and Experience in creating nodes to full fill resources. Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, bamboo in PROD environments.
- Wrote custom code in Perl, Python, Shell, Ruby and other languages to automate system administration tasks.
- Implemented new JIRA workflows for the QA teams and managed Jira users and created workflows, issues types, fields in production.
- Troubleshooting to solve incidents and Root cause analysis to zero in on potential reasons using networking tools like Wire Shark and monitoring production health used tools like Splunk, AppDynamics.
- Experience in using monitoring tools like Nagios and Splunk to improve application performance, helps to get the visibility & business context to meet business demands.
- Installation, configuration & upgrade of VMware ESXi, VSphere, Vcenter clients, VShield and NSX for network segmentation and host based Anti-Virus solutions.
- Applied the clustering Topology that meets high availability and requirement for performance and functionality.
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Debian/Redhat, CentOS and Suse Servers at multiple data centres. Configured RedHat Kickstart for installing multiple production servers.
- Experienced in working with production servers at multiple data centers. Logged events from forced crash dumps and troubleshoot server issues.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and send mail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers. Configuration and administration of Apache Web Server and SSL.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Installing and configure Redhat Linux Servers with Kickstart, LDAP, DNS, DHCP and applying security policies for hardening the server based on the company's policies. Manage Virtual Machines, Installing VMware Tools, Cloning, and Deploy Virtual Machines using Templates.
- Implemented, configured and deployed new patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using satellite server and YUM server.
- Experience in installing, configuring and maintaining application Server like WebSphere and Web Servers like Web Logic, Apache HTTP and Tomcat on UNIX and Linux.
- Experience in installation, configuration, performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrade/patches of Linux and UNIX servers using Cron tab.
- Experienced in installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH, SAMBA and Routed Protocols FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct .
- Performed Backup Management through regular ufsdump, ufsrestore, fbackup, F-recovery and DLT tape drives.
- Performed the daily system administration tasks like managing system resources and end users support operations and security. Scripting for password-less SSH to multiple servers.
- Expertise in deployment of Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, IDS, load balancers, VPN Concentrators. Working on volume/File system management using LVM.
- Installation and administration of VMware vSphere ESXi 6.5 environment, Evaluated and implemented new hardware and software solutions that benefited architecture and operations implemented VMware SRM and troubleshot performance issues.
- Worked on VMware for Virtual server builds, increasing memory, CPU, adding disks , Maintenance on ESX hosts VM and server/storage migrations
- Installing and upgrading Virtual machine hardware version using VMware tools. Provisioning virtual machines and Deploying virtual machines from Templates by cloning. Creating and deleting of VM's snapshots.
- Use VMware VSphere vCenter Update Manager to apply patches to virtual machines and also Virtual Private Networking ( VPN ) tools and techniques to maintain these VM's.
- Samba and Apache Web Services Performed different software changes in VMware environment on customer's servers. Followed up with Data Center personal for hardware related changes.
- Have tested various Linux Environments in the Development/Test Stages to help create a better standardized environment and resolutions of any problems if any occurred. Experience in shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks for scheduling.
- Provided 24x7 on-call supports in debugging and fixing issues related to Linux, Solaris, HP-U Installation/Maintenance of Hardware/Software in Production, Development & Test Environment as an integral part of the Unix/Linux (RHEL/SUSE/SOLARIS/HP-UX/AIX) Support team.
- Worked as a part of a team to see projects from planning to completion for various enterprise clients.
- Installing, Building and Configuring Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL6) using PXE Kick Start Services.
- Experience in Developing BASH, Python, shell scripts to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance.
- Management of Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Provided 24/7 Production support of Apache, PHP, MySQL, Tomcat including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Implementing, Managing and Troubleshooting hardware devices and drivers, installing the service pack and updating drivers.
- Network trouble-shooting using 'ndd', 'traceroute', 'nets tat', 'ifconfig' and 'snoop' etc.
- Installation of Web sphere, upgraded to service pack updates, installed IBM patches, configuring and creation new admin & managed servers, start & stop Web sphere server.
- NFS and Auto mounting of File systems across many servers, adding extra Disk space when file systems are full.
- Troubleshooting network related issues using packet capturing software such as IP tables, TCP wrappers, Nets tat, traceroute.
- Configured inbound and outbound firewall rules to secure the traffic flow. Configured the LUNs assigned by the storage administrators and managed Volumes using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) on Linux.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful release.