- IT professional with 7 years of experience in Testing Software Application and Quality Assurance.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), Bug Life Cycle and its difference phases. Working experience in Agile and Waterfall development process.
- Proficient in testing Web - based, Mobile App, Client server and GUI applications in different domains like Information Technology, E-Commerce, Supply Chain, Banking, and Health Care.
- Experienced in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle including Requirements Gathering, Risk Analysis, Project Planning, Scheduling, Test Execution and Defect Tracking, Management and Reporting.
- Experience in performance of Build Validation and Verification, Positive and Negative, Boundary Values Analysis, Smoke (Sanity), Functional testing, Integration testing, Usability testing, System testing, Regression, Ad-hoc (Exploratory), Cross Browser, Cross Platform, Back End testing and User Acceptance tests.
- Actively coordinate with development teams to understand the dynamic changes in the project and periodically update the test plan.
- Proficient in both Automation and Manual Testing for Functional, Regression, Smoke and Integration, System and User Acceptance Testing, End to End Testing, API Applications.
- Strong knowledge on telecommunication: Wi-Fi/BT/2G/3G/4G/GPRS.
- Tested mobile applications on IOS and Android devices, and emulator tools.
- Adept in White Box and Black Box Testing with a complete QA cycle - from testing, defect logging and verification of fixed bugs.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining Test plans, Test Cases, Test Scenario’s, Traceability Matrix and Test Summary Reports.
- Have Good knowledge in using test management tools for writing test cases, test execution, defect management, and defect tracking.
- Experience in writing SQL queries to perform data driven tests and involved in front-end and back-end testing.
- Worked on release activities with Project Management, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth roll out of releases.
- Knowledge of Process Excellence/Six Sigma tools and Agile-Scrum, Kanban, Lean Software Development methodologies.
- Possess excellent inter-personal, presentation and technical documentation skills with abilities to perform under stress.
Operating Systems: Windows OS Vista/XP, Unix, Linux, MAC OS, Apple iOS, Android
ERP, BI & RDBMS Tools: MySQL, MS SQL Server, DB2, Oracle 10g/11g
Applications and Tools: Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote, Project, Word, Visio), MS Visual Studio, Lucidchart, Eclipse UML, Rational Doors, Rational Rose, Rational Request Pro, JIRA, Confluence, Axure RP Pro, ClearQuest, ClearCase, TFS (Team Foundation Server) Tableau, SharePoint, Cloud Services MS Azure, Kanban Tool
Languages: C, C++, Java, .NET, VB Script, HTML, Python
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, HP ALM, QTP/UFT (Unified Functional Testing), TOAD, WinRunner, LoadRunner, DevTest, JIRA, Bugzilla, Test Director, Test Track, SoapUI, REST, JMeter, Cucumber, Protractor, Browsera, Appium, Rational Performance Tester, Test Partner
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Solid understanding of the Agile Software Development Lifecycle and various aspects of system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Worked on developing and maintaining test scenarios and end user test scripts to verify new functionality performance as designed and meet customer needs.
- Hands on experience working in an Agile development environment using tools such as Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, GIT, Java Script, Selenium, Cucumber, JSON, XML, Bit Bucket, Load Runner.
- Ability to write and execute SQL queries to find test data and evaluate application data integration points.
- Coordinated testing of application modifications, error tracking and bug fixes with Test Management Tools like Team Foundation Server, JIRA, etc.
- Automated Performance Testing using JMeter.
- Experience leading and coordinating large UAT test efforts in a cross-organizational situation.
- Performed Functional/Integration/System, Sanity, GUI & Regression Testing.
- Experience in the testing of Integrations and API’s using tools like JIRA, DevTest, Jenkins, Git, Confluence, SoapUI, Postman, etc.
- Experience with Java Programming with Selenium, Cucumber, Protractor; Jenkins, GitLab, Gulp reporting.
- Worked on cutting edge technologies like NFC wallets & EMV smart card payment system.
- Documented and tracked quality assurance metrics such as defect densities, open defect counts, test results and presented to management.
- Research new tools and technologies and recommend ways to implement them into new test strategies.
Confidential Atlanta, GA
QA Test Engineer
- Involved in documenting, development and executing test strategies and plans, test requirements, test cases, test scripts, setting up test environments, test management, test methodologies, and automated testing software along with knowledge of the Systems Development Life-cycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodology.
- Performed mobile app compatibility testing and system testing on various iOS and Android physical devices, screen sizes, different versions of operating system to ensure functional compatibility.
- Participated in Test Requirement, Test Scenarios identification, Test case preparation, Test data preparation, RTM document preparation, test case reviews and approval sessions.
- Involved in creating Master test plan, by outlining In-scope, Out-scope features, risks & mitigation, roles & responsibilities, Test schedules, build management process, change request flow and entry, exit criteria.
- Responsible for providing testing services for enterprise applications and infrastructure adhering to QA compliance and standards.
- Experience working with Selenium, Protractor, Java Script.
- Performed various testing like cross browser, cross platform, Functional Testing, System Testing, UAT, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, GUI, Smoke, Ad-hoc, End-End Testing and Performance Testing.
- Identified, tracked, monitored, logged defects and provided defect statistics throughout the test cycles of the project and assigned the case to appropriate developer for resolution.
- Performed data base testing to validate data mapping, data validation, and data integration by executing SQL Scripts against the SQL server.
- Experience in Selenium, HP UFT, Appium, Git tools, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Maven, JUnit, frameworks like Cucumber, Protractor and other industry standard test automation tools.
- Reporting the progress of the project on a weekly/ monthly basis to Project Manager, Team Lead and onsite counterparts.
- Supported AUT by simulating the issues in UAT environment and provided solutions, workarounds to client, business users in collaboration with developers.
- Experience with tracking and reporting SLAs and KPIs in a managed service testing engagement.
- SQL data analyst experience developing SQL queries to research, analyze, and troubleshoot data and to create business reports.
- Participated in all phases of SDLC (software development life cycle) activities, from design, development and implementation of efficient and effective QA methodology, including test automation, processes, procedures, templates, guidelines, and tools.
- In Agile environment, attended daily standup meetings, participated scrum planning, worked on use cases.
- Reviewed and developed Test Cases based on Functional Requirement Specifications and Test Scenarios drawn from functional requirements.
- Designed and developed Test Plan, Validation strategy and Test Cases/Scripts related to TDMS functionality change request orders. Implemented Traceability matrix for add/remove test cases.
- Understanding and practical application of medical device quality system regulations, E.g.: 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485 and ISO 14971.
- Executed tests using manual and automated tools; analyzed test results to verify requirements are met and identify and document defects. Ability to provide test activities estimates, capture test metrics, and report test results to QA lead.
- Created data input, quality assurance metrics & documentation, summary validation reports and weekly status.
- Experience using JIRA for defect tracking. Ensured issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze data to quality tools in the Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP), Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP), and/or Customer Support Process (CSP).
- Hands on experience with JIRA, Confluence, HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Ability to analyze SQL stored procedures and be able to break them into smaller parts to understand the functionality and test.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Smoke, Integration, System, Sanity, User Acceptance Testing, Adhoc and End-to-End Testing on application using manual testing methods. Validated, verified, communicated and resolved software issues through detailed documentation.
- Performed testing on workplace (fat client) to make sure that generated reports and images are uploaded to the correct department and privileges given to certain group are working as expected.
- Performed calculations on images to make sure all the functionalities are working correctly, and data is transferred to the reports.
- Ability to rapidly understand new system architecture and functionality. Measure, report, and recommend performance Response Time Guidelines/SLAs.
- Adhered to and assisted in the implementation of business requirements in Agile environment.
- Involved in preparing and updating RTM document, create and review of test case, test logs, scenarios, defects and client deliverables.
- Identified test data for positive and negative test scenarios and mapped them to the test cases for functional testing. Documented detailed Functional test plan with the help of QA Lead.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, End-To-End and Regression Tests.
- Performed Back-end testing to extract the data for data analysis and impact analysis.
- Assisted in the creation, validation, modification and quality control of essential Geo Data for company wide use for a variety of critical applications.
- Identified and reported bugs in JIRA and assigned it to developers with priority, severity and detailed steps.
- Analyzed test reports, and track defects and change requests for Google Map Maker reported by global users and internal Ops teams.
- Validated and prioritized global user and ops escalations for Map Maker by conducting Bug Triage meeting with Developers, Product managers and cross functional teams (India, USA)
- Utilize a variety of GIS software tools to perform topology corrections and make geometric modification as part of the data quality review and acceptance process.
- Documented the test results, defect summary reports and test evaluation summary and then reported to the management team.
- Environment: Agile, Pintool, Test Director, JIRA, Google Buganizer, GIS, ArcGIS, XML/XMLT, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Visio, Google Docs, TFS