- 7+ years of IT experience as a Build and Release / DevOps Engineer in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL and Ubuntu.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EC2, RDS, S3, Route53, Lambda, Redshift, SNS, SQS, and Cloud Trail.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven, ANT and Gradlefor the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere and Apache Tomcat Server and Cassandra.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source code management systems, such as Sub Version (SVN), GIT and knowledge of Clear Case.
- Created SCM Process, policies, procedures and Release Notes to follow Development and allow QA teams to Release or Deploy highest quality product for the enterprise.
- Design and Implemented Cloud Orchestration solution using Google Cloud, AWS EC2& Microsoft Azure, Docker.
- Designed and implemented automated provisioning of full stack application services (VPC, Security Groups, Instances, ELB) in AWS using Terraform .
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middle ware installations and domain configurations.
- Built scripts on Terraform to launch the AWS EC2 instances to modify the resources and handle changes.
- Closely worked with development, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Experience in installation and implementation of AppDynamics on all Prod and Non-Prod environment for monitoring of all java, node.js, php application.
- Experience in creating Splunk dashboard for collecting logs.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Maven builds.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA and Remedy.
- Strong ability to Troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Ability to grasp latest technologies and to properly apply new tools to build applications.
Versioning Tools: CVS, Subversion, TFS, GIT
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Team City, Ansible,Terraform, Docker, Puppet, Chef
Build Tools: ANT, Maven and Gradle
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy
Scripting: Shell, Python, Ruby
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, Servlets, JDBC, JSP.
Web/App server: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
Database: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL SERVER, MySQL.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, iOS
Confidential, Exton, PA
Sr.DevOps /AWS Engineer
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Worked on Configuration management tool Chef for continuous delivery (CD). Rewritten recipes for new environments.
- Integrated AWS Cloud Watch with AWS EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Worked on applying patches and recommending necessary security fixes for webLogic servers.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python .
- Created Amazon Machine Images (AMI) for auto deploying AWS environments. Experienced in deploying AWS i nstances and provisioning and configuring AWS environments using Chef.
- Implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Also, Implemented Automated Application Deployment using chef
- Building RESTful APIs in front of different types of Nosql storage engines.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Support Experience with automation testing tools like Selenium for Java Application.
- Built & maintained Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana stack to centrally collect logs used to monitor applications.
- Continuous delivery(CD) with Jenkins and Kubernetes, running a continuous deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins Workflow on Kubernetes.
- Worked on Nexus repository to maintain artifacts and used as a local repository. Also, maintained Nexus administration tasks.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS.
- Logstash/Elasticsearch/Kibana/Splunk for implementing production performance monitoring.
- Experience in design micro services deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Hands on experience in creating pods and managing on the cluster environment on Kubernetes.
- Worked together with developer's using JIRA to fine-tune process and speed up the delivery process efficiently.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Red hat Linux.
- Building & configuring Red Hat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
Environment: GIT, Java/J2EE, Node Js, Docker, Nexus, Jenkins, AWS, Chef, MAVEN, JIRA, LINUX, XML, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Ruby, Nagios, Selenium, Web logic, Python, Oracle, Shell scripts.Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Administered and maintained source code configuration toolGIT used for different projects.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning inOpen Stack cloud, integrating it with Puppet.
- Worked with messaging service across a variety of technologies such as RabbitMQ.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Wrote python scripts to deploy java applications from Jenkins to remote server.
- Used Appdynamics for proactive monitoring of infrastructure to see if metric is abnormal.
- Provided Rapid-provisioning and configuration management for CentOS using Kickstart and Puppet.
- Configuring the Jenkins System such as adding the jdk installation, gradle installation in Manage Jenkins.
- Installed and configured foreman with puppet automation for auto-provisioning the Linux machines in Open Stack and VMware environments.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Experience with creating various database objects such as tables, indexes, triggers, database links, and procedures in Oracle DB.
- Implemented OpenStack vendor distributions from Red Hat and Ubuntu
- Used Shell and Ruby to automate the deployment process.
- Designed a customized Status Reporting tool used currently, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and WebSphere Application Server with Oracle as Database.
Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies
Environment: GIT, Nexus, Java, Jenkins, MAVEN, Puppet, VMware, AWS, UNIX, Python, Ruby, Oracle, Web Sphere, Jira.Confidential, Chattanooga, TN
Build & Release Engineer
- Performed merging from development to parent branches in GIT prior to building the code.
- Configured Confluence license, database configuration, attachment storage configuration.
- Installed and configured GIT server on Linux via the Apache Web Server to provide access over the Http protocol.
- Wrote Shell scripts to automate GIT branching, merging, tagging and various other version control tasks.
- Used ANT as a build tool on Java projects for the development of build artefacts on the source code.
- Provided recommendations and helped set up the CM process to the company’s one of the development teams on using Git and GitHub repositories.
- Experienced in deploying and support applications on Weblogic application servers
- Created and maintained POM files for building the projects and developing the build scripts.
- Facilitate the Continuous 'Build Manager's Role for all Software Development projects.
- Created and configured dynamic/snapshot Clear Case views as per the requirements and writing configuration-spec for views to work with branches and labels.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Integrated GIT and ANT with Jenkins to implement the continuous integration (CI) process.
Environment: Java/J2EE, ANT, Python, GIT, Tomcat, WebLogic, Python, Bash Scripts, Ruby, Confluence.Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked on designing, coding and developing the application in Python using Django MVC.
- Developed Views and Templates with Django view controller and template language to create a user-friendly website interface.
- Used Django configuration to manage URLs and application parameters.
- Good experience in writing SQL Queries and implementing stored procedures, functions, packages, tables, views, Cursors, triggers.
- Strong experience in various Python libraries (libraries used: Beautiful Soup, NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Pandas data frame, network, urllib2, MySQL dB for database connectivity, JSON libraries) to speed up the development.
- Used Python scripts to update the content in database and manipulate files.
- Created Git repository and added the project to GitHub.
- Involved in debugging the applications monitored on JIRA using agile methodology.
- Involved in Agile Methodologies and SCRUM Process.
- Worked through the entire lifecycle of the projects including Design, Development, and Deployment, Testing and Implementation and support.