- 7+ Years of diversified IT industry experience with expertise in middleware administration (Weblogic, Websphere, JBOSS, Apache, and Tomcat servers), and DevOps Engineer/Build and Release Engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to other environment, build methodologies, build verification testing, and support processes compliance.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration, Trouble - Shooting and Maintenance of Oracle/BEA WebLogic Server 7.0/8.1/9.x/10.x/11g/12c, JBOSS 4.x/5.x/6.x, Tomcat, iplanet Web Server, Apache Web Server on different UNIX flavors and environments.
- Expertise in Software Configuration Management (SCM) including, Build and Release, Base/UCM ClearCase, Subversion (SVN), GIT Implementation, Process implementation, Software Integration, Administration, ClearQuest, ClearCase Automation design and Coding.
- Expert in Perl, shell scripting and build automation tools ANT, Maven and MS Build development in UNIX, Linux and Windows environment.
- Experience in Configuration and release management in DevOps support model using tools such as Puppet and Chef.
- Create Chef Recipes, automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Good Knowledge on Configuration, Administration and Maintenance of CI tools Jenkins/Hudson, Buildforge
- Strong exposure on CI and Nightly builds setup for Agile software development methodology process, on Jenkins/Hudson, Teamcity, CriuseControl .Net, Buildforge
- Extensive experience in Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting of ApacheWeb Server, Sun One iPlanet Web Server, IBM HTTP
- Hands on experience on administrative tools like Administration Console, WLST and Command line interface
- Expertise in configuring and tuning JMS, JDBC. Managing Security: creating new security realms, groups. Knowledge of updating and configuring SSL Certificates to Web Server & Application Server
- Experience in deploying EJBs, J2EE Applications (JAR, WAR, EAR), monitoring the Application servers, and Web server configuration, troubleshooting performance issues using the Monitoring Tools, Log messages and Log files
- Configured Clusters, Load Balancers, Highly Available and Scalable solutions & Web Server plug-in for WebLogic application server. Experience in Performance Tuning and Capacity Planning
- Configured multiple Weblogic Domains which includes NodeManagers and Managed Servers in multifarious environments
- Experience in finding the Memory Leaks and adjusting the JVM Heap Sizes and GC Parameters
- Experience in working with development teams to troubleshoot server related application issues, performance issues and application performance tuning
- Expertise in using WLST, ANT& Jython Scripting for Automation, Configuration, Deployment and Runtime Environment changes
- Hands on experience in complete Software Analysis and SDLC.Experience in profiling Java applications using tools such as JProbe, Optimize IT etc. Expertise in deploying applications in Production, maintaining Documentation and support Best Practices
- Well versed with UNIX (Sun Solaris), Red Hat Linux, IBM AIX and Windows
Web/Application Servers: BEA/Oracle Weblogic Server 8.1/9.x/10.x/11g/12c, IBM WebSphere 6.1/7.0, SunOne iPlanet Web Server 6.1, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS 4.x/5.x/6.x
Integrated development: Eclipse2.3, Rational Application Developer7.0, Microsoft Visual Studio
Programming Languages and Scripts: Shell scripting (Korn, bash),PYTHON,JACL/JYTHON, Java, Servlets, JDBC, JSP, ASP, Enterprise Java Beans, XML, XSL, DOM & SAX Parsers, SSO, JBOSS, JNDI, IIOP,JMS, LDAP
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, SQL Server/DB2
Build Tools: MAVEN, ANT
DevOps: Puppet, Chef, Subversion (SVN), GIT
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Anthill Pro, Bamboo
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, Redmine, Junit, Test Flight, and Test Rail
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Methodologies, Waterfall
Project Management Tools: MS Project, Atlassian Tools
Operating System: UNIX, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, IBM AIX and Windows NT/2000/XP
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Middleware Admin/DevOps/Build and Release Engineer
- Complete ownership (Install/Configure/Support) of Weblogic and JBOSS. Supported continuation integration and managed releases.
- Installed configuration of Puppet infrastructure for automation.
- Installation and configuration of Sun One Web Server and Apache Web Server, and configured plug-ins for app servers.
- Deployed and supported WebLogic 11g/12c and JBOSS 5.1/6.0 clusters and Jgroups and implemented Multicast and Unicast techniques.
- Deployed enterprise applications on cluster of several Managed servers.
- Configured JDBC connection pools.
- Provided patch releases in various Weblogic versions to customers that resolve the bugs in their respective environment.
- Configured AD and provided WebLogic based security procedures.
- Extensively used ANT, MAVEN, Perl and Bash Scripts for automating build and release tasks.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and generated artifacts from the source repository.
- Configured F5 Load balancer to manage redirection and load balancing.
- Managed Apache Server and maintained plug-in internal/external environments.
- Created incidents using Service Now and generating periodic service delivery reports.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion/GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Configured Splunk alerts for complete Infrastructure monitoring.
- On-call support on a weekly/shift basis.
Environment: Oracle Weblogic application server 11g/12c, JBoss 5.1/6.0, IBM WAS, ANT, MAVEN,Subversion/GIT, Jenkins,Apache 6.1,Sun Java Server 9.1, Puppet,Python, F5, Splunk, Data power appliance, Red Hat Linux, Windows
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using SVN source control.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet as a CI/CD Process.
- Provided CM and Build support for more than 5 different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environment.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger.
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Developed and implemented an agile SDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) infrastructure.
- Deployed DevOps using Puppet, Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat. Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion functions for the project like merging, creating branches and tags using Tortoise SVN/ Visual SVN.
- Worked with typical DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Puppet and Bash.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Worked on the Oracle databases in the backend to execute the DMLs and DDLs.
- Excellent Experience in Visual Subversion and Client Tool: Tortoise SVN.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Developed multiple shell scripts (KSH, Bash, AWK) for system monitoring, regular and periodic jobs and also for sysadmin jobs.
- Deployed code on Web Sphere Application Servers for Production, QA, and Development environments using WSADMIN scripts.
- Excellent Experience in IBM Tools: Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest.
- Proficient analyzing business requirements to develop functional and detail design specifications.
- Interact with developers and Enterprise Configuration Management Team for changes to best practices and tools to eliminate non-efficient practices and bottlenecks.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Coordinate with Release Management regarding appropriate system releases among other development platforms
Environment: Weblogic 9.x/10.3.6/11g,JBOSS 4.x/5.x/6.x, Apache Web Server 2.2, RHEL 6.4 Apache Web Server Plug-in, JDK 1.x, Siteminder, Wily Introscope, JDBC, JNDI, J2EE, JMS, SSL, EJB, JSP, Servlets, WLST, ANT, Unix Shell Script, Oracle 10g/11gR2.
Confidential, Houston, TX
DevOps/Build and Release Engineer
- Installed, Configured and Administered WebLogic Server10.3 and 11g in Development, System test, QA and Production environments.
- Involved in migration of J2EE application from WebLogic 8.1, 9.2 to WebLogic 10.0, 11g.
- Involved with the development teams in trouble shooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications on 24/7 schedule.
- Installed and deployed application on WebLogic application server and performed troubleshooting of issues related with deployments.
- Involved in load balancing and performance tuning for various projects.
- Applied patches and service pack updates for WebLogic servers.
- Testing and profiling to measure the performance of applications.
- Used Wily Introscope dashboards for monitoring the performance of system and application processes.
- Worked with monitoring tools like HP OVO with WebLogic application server.
- Worked with development and testing teamsto support build and release cycles.
- Designed an entire messaging interface and Message Topics using WebLogic JMS.
- Performed up gradation of Introscope from 7.2.5 to 8.2.3
- Supported applications running on Tomcat 5.5, JBOSS 5 and Apache 2x
- Used HPSA for building and automation of server on a large scale.
- Performed baseline remediation and applied the latest oracle patches.
- Tuned several OS parameters to solve the log rotation and other issues.
- Performed scheduled maintenance activity on the application and webservers.
- Experienced in WLST, Python and shell scripting to automate tasks.
- Worked on call 24*7 for the production environments.
- Involved in Create/Enhance/automate build and deployment processes for each release and backup, restore and upgrade.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef.
- Setup and Configure the continuous build system using Hudson/Jenkins and running automation smoke / nightly test suites.
- Worked in Installation, Migration, Integration, Implementation, Release and building of products.
- Maintained and executed build scripts using Maven by coordinating with development and quality assurance teams.
- Administered Jenkins, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast Paced Engineering Environment.
- Written Jacl, Ant Scripts for Automating ear deployments and configuration of Weblogic server for all J2EE applications
- Created Subversion repositories and maintained scripts for creating users with authentication.
- Debugged performance related issues with Ant/Maven scripts and helped improved the build process.
- Developed ant scripts to support multiple OS and Application servers.
- Developed numerous Tools in Perl, and python to automate the build and release processes.
- Created and managed of all source code repositories, management security model, backup / restore of the source code repositories, and upgrading the version control system
- Implemented Jira with Maven2 release plug-in for tracking bugs and defects
- Automated deployment activities with Shell scripts and Chef recipes
- Created Application Server, nodes at a cell level, created clusters, defined DataSources for Database connectivity in Weblogic
- Administered SVN/GIT repositories and managed account administration, branching, merging, patch fixes and snapshots.
- Setup and configured Jenkinsfor Continuous Integration and Release Management.
Environment: WebLogic 8.1/9.2/10.0, Apache 2.0, SunOne 6.1, IBM MQ 6.0, Oracle 9i/10g, IBM-DB2, JBoss4, Oracle IDM, Solaris 9/10, F5 Load Balancer, Introscope, Sitescope, Siteminder, LDAP, BMC Remedy, Apache, ANT, Maven, Nexus,Perl Script, Korn Shell scripting, Jenkins, Buildforge, Visual Build Professional, UNIX, SVN/GIT, Windows XP, Java (GUI), VS, HTML, XML, Oracle 11g.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Installed, Configured and Administered WebLogic 8.1/10.0 in clustered environments.
- Responsible for handling the Support Incident Database - the online ticketing system.
- Configured domains, clusters, JDBC Connection Pools, Data sources, JMS Servers.
- Deployment and troubleshooting of JAR, WAR, and EAR files in clustered environment.
- Involved in monitoring mission critical applications using tools like Introscope and Sitescope.
- Design, Configuration and Testing of IBM MQ 6.0 Series as a foreign JMS with WebLogic Server.
- Configured LDAP using Netscape directory Server for user authentication.
- Installed the WebLogicService Packs, WebLogic Patches.
- Involved in Migrating the setup from WebLogic 8.1 -> 10.0.
- Installed and Configured Sun One Web Server 6.1 to proxy with WebLogic Server.
- Worked with Remedy change management tool to increase the availability of business critical systems and speed the implementation of changes.
- Installed and configured JBoss 4 and integrated Apache Web Server to work with the Application Server.
- Installed and configured JBoss Server 4.x, Apache HTTP Server 5, and Tomcat 2.2.20 in various environments.
- Configured BIG IP F5 Load balancer to provide high scalability, availability and reliability.
- Renewed WebLogic certificates, also installed the new certificates for the newly created regions.
- Actively handling the on-call pager for Production-related issues on weekly rotations within the team.
- Tuned TCP/IP, JVM’s, Garbage Collections, Java Stack and Native Thread.
- Resolved complex issues related to subsystems such as Plug-ins, Security, JDBC, Clusters, EJB, Web Apps, Mail Session, XML registries, JMS, Server and Domain Migrations and JDBC Drivers.
- Installed NetBeans 6.5 on Windows and configured to use Glassfish v2 ur2 and Jython 2.1 release
- Working with the team to develop Jython/WLST Scripts for automating deployments, control, and monitoring in WebLogic Server
- Extensively worked on Deployment/Hot Deployment and troubleshooting of components and applications in WAR, JAR and EAR formats in Domain and Clustered environments of BEA WebLogic server and AquaLogic Service Bus
- Migrated the production environment from a single JMS server to a clustered JMS server, analyzed the requirements, and then developed automated WLST scripts to satisfy the requirement.
- Installed, configured and maintained Apache Tomcat 5.5/6.0 with SSL and deployed the WAR applications on the server
- Installed and configured Apache HTTP Server plug-in to proxy the request from Apache HTTP Server to the WebLogic Server
- Configured Wily Introscope 7.0 and upgraded to Introscope 7.2.x for monitoring the performance of Weblogic servers.
- Setup and Configure the continuous build system using Hudson/Jenkins and running automation smoke / nightly test suites
- Performance tuning of JVM heap size, garbage collections, Java stack and Native thread and production performance
- Configured WebLogic Server instance as Multihome instance and troubleshooted Weblogic JDBC connection pool issues while trying to connecting MS SQL database server
- Involvement with the development teams in trouble shooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications on 24/7 schedule
System Admin/Build and Release Engineer
- Install, configure and administration of BEA WebLogic Application Server on SUN Solaris and Windows environment.
- Maintained BEA WebLogic Application Server on different UNIX platforms and have setup development, testing, staging and production environments for the ongoing application development.
- Installed Weblogic servers, configured domains for deploying retail applications.
- Installation, Configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining the Weblogic and Apache web server.
- Working on Daily builds Using Shell Script and Ant Script to extract code from Version Control.
- Deployed applications (Service center etc.) on multiple Weblogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionality.
- Created the connection pools, various data sources, JMS connection Factories, Queues and topics.
- Configured Execute Threads, Connection Pools and JMS Bridges etc. for different components of the retailed applications.
- Configured BEA Weblogic 9.2 on a single Server and cluster environment.
- Managed and Monitored JVM performance by Web logic Heap Size, garbage collection, JDBC Pools.
- Deployed WARs, EARs using WebLogic Admin Console as well as running scripts.
- Provided WLST (Jython script) and configuring various WebLogic components/services via Jython script.
- Responsible for Development, UIT, SYTEM, UAT, STAGING Builds and Releases.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar).
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Enforced automation in build and deployment procedures, executed code builds and deployment activities.
- Deployed built artifacts to Websphere application server using maven and python scripts.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion (SVN) Repositories.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using Tortoise SVN.
Environment: Weblogic 9.2, JBOSS, iPlanet4.1, Sun One6.1, Sun Solaris, Windows (95, 98, NT, 2000, XP),wily Interscope, Shell Scripting, Oracle 9i, Subversion, Oracle Weblogic, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Perl Script, bash Shell scripting