- 8+ Years Experience in IT industry comprising of Development, Systems Administration, Build - Release and Software Configuration Management (SCM). Expertise working as AWS DevOps engineer/Build and release engineer in field of automation to achieve continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI and CD).Used various tools such as Jenkins, chef, AWS, Docker to achieve DevOps in an organisation.
- Having Good Knowledge and involved in AWS Cloud Services, (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, IAM, VPC, Subnets, Cloud Formation, Route53, and Cloud Watch, Auto scaling).
- Designed roles and groups using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM); maintained user accounts, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, Services in AWS .
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins CI Automation and integrated Jenkins with different kinds of tools such as Maven, Git, Sonarqube.
- Implemented Jenkins pipelines involving several Downstream/Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other applications.
- Established Master - slave configuration in Jenkins and making EC2 instances, Windows servers, Mac servers as slaves to offload the load from main server.
- Experienced in various source code management activities using tools like GIT, SVN . GitHub Enterprise, Migrated Version Management Systems SVN ->Git.
- Expert in implementing branching, merging, tagging and conflict resolution in GIT and code review using code review tool Gerrit.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and Ant for the building of deployable artifacts ( jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Published the artifacts in the Nexus/Artifactory repository generated by build tool MAVEN/Ant.
- Managed Maven pom.xml files including dependencies, performing releases with the Maven release plug-in.
- Deployed Enterprise Applications and Web Applications to QA, UAT, Staging and Production environment.
- Depth of my skills includes source code management, build automation including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery implementation.
- Used Chef to automate Configuration Management & Application, manage web Application and Configuration Files.
- Experience in Setting Chef Workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes, setting up keys.
- Experience in writing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrate Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Hands-on experience in configuring AWS infrastructure using Ansible to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively managing changes.
- Experienced on web servers like Apache and application servers like WebLogic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Python for automating tasks.
- Full understanding of SDLC and Agile Methodologies.
- Experience in working with bug tracking Tools like JIRA
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) process, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configuration.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker container Service.
- Experience with container based virtualized deployments using Docker, with Docker Images, Docker Hub and Docker registries
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes.
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills, communication skills and working independently or with little or no supervision or as a team member's ability.
Scripting Languages: Perl, Shell, Python
Web/Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server
Software Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall.
Version Control Tools: CVS, GitHub,Subversion (SVN), GIT
Build/CI Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins.
DevOps Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker.
Database: Oracle, My SQL
Operating System: MAC, UNIX, LINUX, Ubuntu and Windows
Cloud: A AWS EC2,S3,RDS,IAM,VPC,SNS,EBS,Openstack,Knowledge on Azure
Confidential, Denver, CO
Aws/ Devops Engineer
- Created highly available, fault tolerance and scalable infrastructure using various AWS services like EC2, VPC, IAM, RDS, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Auto scaling, EBS, S3, SNS and SES.
- Configured and maintained an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Elastic Load Balancer, Security Groups and EC2 instances.
- Worked with IAM (Identity Access Management) in order to create new users, roles and groups.
- Provisioned and managed different AWS EC2 instances like on-demand and reserved in AWS and created required infrastructure using resources in AWS for DEV and TEST teams.
- Setting up chef environment in workstation, bootstrapped nodes, wrote Chef-Recipes, Cookbooks& uploaded them to the Chef server to manage configurations, applications, packages, services and automate installation process for webservers.
- Used a tool called Yammer where in Developers post their issues in that portal. Where in will pick the issues and troubleshoot those issues based on priority.
- Involved in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Several cookbooks were downloaded from ChefSupermarket, and Customized as per project requirements and Involved in setting up and Managing Nodes, Run lists, Environments, Databags, and Cookbook recipes in Chef Server.
- Extensively implemented branching and merging strategies for different applications in GIT and maintaining source codes and scripts in GITHUB
- Designed and implemented complete Continuous Integration process with GIT, Maven, Jenkins and Nexus
- Designed and implemented Nexus binary repository and configured pom.xml files to publish the artifacts into Nexus repository as part of the Continuous Integration (CI) process.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, and AWS in Linux environment.
- Carried out regular monthly scheduled maintenance releases in stage and production environments.
- Worked on creation of custom Dockerimages, tagging using Dockerfile and pushing the images to Docker Registry and Managed multiple Docker Container services using Docker Compose
- Utilizes Several Docker best practices to create base images from scratch and to create clear, readable and maintainable clean Dockerfile.
- Installed, Configured and maintained Kubernetes Master and minions to deploy and maintain a set of applications and services as Docker containers in pods and deployments.
- Implemented Sonarqube to check the quality of the code before publishing the artifact.
- Used Nagios for application and hardware resource monitoring, writing new plugins in Nagios to monitor resources.
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Maven.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS
- Responsible for Development, QA, UAT, STAGING Builds and Releases.
- Managed the GIT using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Set up Jenkins server dev environment and configured maven build scripts in Jenkins.
- Worked on Docker open source project by automating the deployment of applications inside software containers.
- Kept track of all releases and request of the developers through infrastructure management
Environment: AWS, GIT, Jenkins, Yammer, Nagios, Ubuntu, MAVEN, Web Logic, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, UNIX, JIRA, Chef, Docker, Azure.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- End to End Client Server Installation & Customization of Jenkins for to atomize the CI(build)/CD(delivery) process for respective application/project.
- Deploying application using Jenkins server and Troubleshoot build and release job failures, resolve, work with engineers on resolution.
- Work closely with different project teams to understand the requirements and drive build development relatively independently such as Source control system - Bitbucket, Build System - Maven, Development environments
- Installed and administered Artifactory Repository and created roles and privileges to restrict access to the users.
- Automated the Continuous Integration process with Jenkins, Artifactory and Maven scripts.
- Automation and monitoring of Java platform build system including automation using Jenkins and dependency management using Maven
- Setup of continuous integration tool Jenkins and deployment automation for all environments including QA, UAT and production with the setup of Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Automated artifacts and configuration files into Websphere using Shell script and Jenkins
- Developed Ansible playbooks to configure, deploy and maintain applications on existing and spinning up new EC2 instances.
- Worked with diverse types of Ansible playbooks, to deploy Applications servers like Apache Tomcat, Web server like Apache Http, PHP
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude applications utilizing the AWS services EC2, EBS, Cloudwatch, S3, SNS, VPC and IAM
- Implemented new AWSEC2 instances and worked with EBS, Virtual Private Cloud (VPCs) and S3.
- Configured S3 versioning, lifecycle policies, backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Integrated AWS Cloudwatch with AWS EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them in S3
- Designed, Implemented and maintained build, source, bug tracking and delivery processes, as Configuration Lead, to enable multiple branch and release builds.
- Streamlined applications delivery to get applications out to customers faster.
- Proposed different branching strategies to support the parallel development for various projects.
- Manage and administer license requests for all the Websphere application servers on all the servers
- Worked as a Websphere administrator and support other team regarding any issues with Websphere Application server for their applications.
Environment: Websphere, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Shell scripts, bash, Maven, JIRA, SonatypeNexus, Linux/Unix, Windows, Java, J2EE, AWS .
Build and Release Engineer
- Using Jenkins as a continuous integration tool to creating new jobs, managing required plugins, configuring the jobs selecting required source code management tool, build trigger, build system and post build actions, scheduled automatic builds, notifying the build reports.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server and Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement parallel builds.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion (SVN) and GIT Repositories
- Creating alarms for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage using Cloud Watch.
- Used SonarQube to continuously analyze and measure quality of source code.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities of Maven, integrated GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution, Continuous Integration.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Designed the Release Plans while coordinating with Stake Holders including Project Management Lead, Development Lead and QA Team Lead.
- Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used SVN and GIT as source code repository and Involved in migrating from SVN to GIT .
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository.
- Good experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml in order to build the applications using MAVEN.
- Created the branches in GIT to implement the parallel development process.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and - Branch/merge processes.
Environment: LINUX/UNIX, Jenkins, Windows, Subversion, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, Jira, Apache.
- Build the Java applications using build tool ANT and source code management with SVN, which includes branching, tagging, merging.
- Promotion of code to various QA and stage environments before moving to production.
- Build artifacts (WAR’s and EAR’s) are deployed into a Web logic app server
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Planned and monitored of version control, release management, and configuration management for application development and maintenance
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting the issues in the Linux servers.
- Managing user account information like adding, removing, updating and resetting passwords
- Created volume groups logical volumes, mounted file systems and created partitions on the Linux servers.
- Attended sprint planning sessions and daily sprint stand-up meetings.
- Monitored Linux server for CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, and Disk Utilization for performance monitoring.
- Install and configure Ubuntu, Centos on remote servers and Desktop servers.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Troubleshooting the network with the help of net stat, ping tools.
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
Environment: Linux, Java, Apache, WebLogic, MS Release Management, Ubuntu, Centos, Redhat.