- T - Shaped Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer and Certified AWS Developer CDA with more than 8 years of experience in Engineering, Design, Development and Implementation of Client/Server applications on enterprise scale as a Cloud Engineer and in automating, building, and deploying code on servers, DevOps, build and release management. Strong innovative and technical background as AWS, DevOps, Cloud Management, Terraform and Containerization.
- Responsible for leading DevOps engineering, AWS architecture, Continuous Integration and Deployments.
- Experienced in managing applications by implementing AWS services which includes EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB (Elastic Load Balancing), AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Involved in supporting OpenStack services such as Horizon, Keystone, Nova, Neutron, Glance, Cinder, Ceilometer and Swift.
- Knowledge in MS Azure and GCP (Google Cloud Platform) suite.
- Implemented and configured Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Expertise in Virtualization technologies like VMware ESX/ESXI and vSphere, CITRIX Xen and involved in the maintenance of virtual servers.
- Supported on Nginx for the load balancer configuration using ELB and ALB in AWS.
- Expertise on designing project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool and worked on building Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repositories containing Terraform code.
- Managed various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Experience with migration of code base from SVN to GIT. Automated, designed and implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Proficient on examining Cookbooks, implementing chef Recipes and deploying them into Amazon EC2. Used version control system GIT to synchronize with the chef-repo and managed as if it were source code.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Expertise in using Docker to run and deploy the applications in multiple containers like Docker Swarm and Docker Wave.
- Used Docker to containerize custom web applications and deployed them on Digital Ocean with Ubuntu instances through SWARM Cluster and automated the application deployment in cloud using Vagrant.
- Used Kubernetes for automated deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts.
- Utilized AWS Beanstalk for conveying and scaling web applications and administrations created with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on commonplace servers like Apache.
- Experiences in build tools like Ant, Maven, Arti factory and Nexus to write POM.XML build scripts etc.
- Knowledge in managing multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repositories and creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Maintaining, branching and tagging the versions across the environments using SCM tools like GitHub, Subversion (SVN), Perforce, Tortoise SVN and Rational Clear Case on Linux and windows platforms.
- Skilled in various Bug tracking tools like JIRA and Remedy.
- Extensive working knowledge on automation for deployment/ configuration of Application server like WebSphere, WebLogic and Web Server like Apache Tomcat.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24X7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
- Highly motivated to learn new developments in technology with strong analytical problem-solving skills and a flair for creativity.
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, ELB, auto scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Filesystem, RDS, DMS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route 53, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, IAM, SNS, Redshift, MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack suite
Virtualization: VMware Client3.5, vSphere Client4.0
OS: Red Hat Linux 4/5/6/7, Ubuntu, Solaris8/9/10, Unix, Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2, Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Water Fall, Kanban
Automation Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI: Jenkins, HUDSON
Build Tool: ANT, Maven
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, Rest
Atlassian Tools: Jira, Bit bucket, Confluence, Bamboo
Database Technologies: Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo DB, No SQL, Cassandra
Version Control: Subversion, Git, GitHub, Clear case
Scripting languages: Shell, Ruby, Python, bash
Network Protocols: NIS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, FTP
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
- Manage and maintain Cloud Services using AWS Cloud Formation, helping developers and businesses an easy way with zero down time and with 30% increase in performance and provision them in an orderly and predictable fashion.
- Managing Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Responsible for day to day Build and deployments in Dev, QA, pre-production and production environments. Implemented AWS high-availability using AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), which performed balance across instances in multiple availability zones.
- Supported on High Availability, Big Data solutions and Storage systems and planning for backup strategies.
- Manage and handle the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Managing virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Supported highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Supported multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Jenkins.
- Managed and Configured AWS cloud infrastructure as code using terraform and continuous deployment through Jenkins.
- Managed a team of a junior and two engineers to build and manage a large deployment of Red Hat Linux instances systems with Ansible, Terraform Automation and provision virtual servers using vagrant and kitchen in Oracle VM virtual box, provisioned servers in Amazon EC2.
- Wrote AWS Lambda functions in python for AWS's Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT from scratch.
- Experience with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Implemented sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT.
- Developed and scheduled bash shell scripts for various activities (deployed environment verification, running database scripts, file manipulations, Subversion (SVN) etc.).
- Implemented procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker
- Implemented containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Managed Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Experience with threat modeling, especially for web application and web APIs.
- Build high performance web services, using languages such as Python and Ruby.
- Developed build scripts using ANT/MAVEN and Gradle as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Dealt with errors in pom.xml file to obtain appropriate builds using maven build tool.
- Worked with different bug tools like JIRA, IBM Clear Quest.
- Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
Environment: Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, AWS, EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, Cloud Watch, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, Auto scaling, EBS, RDS, Jenkins, GIT, Linux, LAMP, Nagios, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Shell, Perl and Python.
Confidential, Washington, D.C
Sr AWS DevOps Engineer
- Designed, configured and deployed Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications using the AWS stack (EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, SQS, IAM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Managed and configured a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), internet gateway's, Public and Private Subnets, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB).
- Migrating an on-premises application to cloud.
- Responsible for creating AWS Identity and Access Management(IAM) groups and Users for improved login authentication and providing security Group in both Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Managed and maintained highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Worked on AWS Lambda functions in python for AWS's Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Created file systems using red hat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux serves.
- Implemented CI/CD for all the Microservices of the OEM application using Jenkins, Maven.
- Designed and supported data pipelines for loading network data in Elastic search for consumption with Kibana dashboard and graphs.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the wrapper to manage the configuration of AWS nodes and test playbooks on AWS instance using Python. Ran Ansible scripts to provision Dev Servers. Created Post Commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repositories.
- Used Puppet to deploy ELK (for automating CD and configured Slave Nodes and deployment failure reporting.
- Worked on Chef/Ansible as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manage changes and Written chef recipes to perform middleware binary Installation and Configuration tasks involving JDK, Tomcat binaries installation.
- Managed Docker deployment engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple applications.
- Created virtual images to production environment using Docker by writing Docker compose files.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash, python scripts.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Managed and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using Cloud Watch.
- Designed and worked with a team to implement ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Managed JIRA for ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: Chef, Jenkins, AWS, GIT, Ansible, Bash scripts, SVN, Tomcat, Nexus, AWS EC2, Jenkins CI, Docker, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Bean Stalk, Elastic Container Service, ECS, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, Route 53, Redshift, Lambda and Dynamo DB, GIT
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Managed and configured a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure, and deployment tools.
- Implemented AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling, and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Configured and migrated Applications to AWS Route 53 and hence providing traffic management, application availability and high availability.
- Implemented Python scripts to automate AWS services which includes Web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, Database, EC2, database security groups and S3bucketon, IAM, SNS.
- Managed cloud VMS AWS and Build/Release strategies utilizing GIT source code management.
- Created Post Commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repos.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. implemented and configured continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and Perl scripts.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Experienced in Writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Supported writing wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the Chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Managed puppet deployment for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Implemented puppet modules for server housekeeping.
- Implemented and configured Nagios monitoring tool for monitoring network services and host resources.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Environment: EC2, S3, auto scaling, AMI, ELB, EBS, IAM, RDS, DNS, cloud watch, route53, VPC, cloud front, Elastic Beanstalk, BASH, APACHE/TOMCAT, Python, Ruby, Redshift, chef, Puppet, Ansible.
Confidential, Coppell, TX
- Managed source code repository, build, and release configurations, processes, and tools to support daily development, test, and production build and software deployment operations.
- Maintain and managed Subversion Branching, Merging and Tagging across each production releases and perform builds using Hudson Continuous Integration using Maven Scripts.
- Maintained Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with specified configuration in maven configuration files.
- Managed and configured Build Forge and Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure and application deployments - checking out code from SVN and use ant/maven to build war/ear artifacts.
- Automated Maven and ANT builds by integrating them with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins.
- Implemented plugin dependencies in Maven pom.xml and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Managed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven Repository and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet as a CI/CD Process.
- Integrated Puppet client on Red hat & Solaris servers for Automation purpose.
- Implemented and maintained Puppet configuration management across two divergent service offerings (legacy and current generation) spanning several environments in the AWS cloud.
- Implemented Configuration Management Tools Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Maintained Chef Server and management application that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Python, Shell script, Ruby etc.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Supported JBOSS automation, configuration and deployments using various Perl /shell scripts.
- Supported and designed monitoring and troubleshooting tool utilizing Power Shell scripts.
Environment: AWS, ELB, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic File system, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, Elastic Search, RedHat Enterprise Linux servers, Apache, Subversion, Git/GitHub, Puppet, ANT, Jira, Web logic Application Server, Puppet, SVN/Git, Jenkins/Hudson, Shell Scripting, Ruby.
Build and Release Engineer
- Maintained and configured Linux enterprises on VMWare such as Red Hat, Fedora, Ubuntu.
- Implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented design and deploy SCM procedure.
- Managed periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Implemented Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Implemented Puppet to maintain configuration on Linux servers.
- Supported for Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Managed periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Trained offshore team for knowledge transfer.
Environment: Linux/Unix, Java/J2EE, Maven, ANT, GIT, Jenkins, Web Sphere. Python ClearCase, ANT, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, ClearQuest, Stash.
Linux System Administrator
- Troubleshooting and maintaining of Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Managed server performance and troubleshooting server related problems to SNMP.
- Scheduled various regular, periodic, future and queue tasks by using Crontabs.
- Managed installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption to access on Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux securely.
- Managed and maintained submission of reports such as Routine perform analysis, Capacity analysis, Security audit analysis to customer for necessary planned changes.
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP network access problems for the clients. Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle) UNIX based shell.
Environment: RHEL, Linux, UNIX, IDS, DNS, AIX, SAN, YUM, User and Group management, Jumpstart, Shell scripting, GSX/VMware, Tomcat.