- An IT Software professional with 6+ years of experience as a DevOps/Build and Release engineer/software developer.
- As part of DevOps, my role includes release management/version management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Environment Management.
- Working knowledge of AWS technology across the platform including S3, EC2, load balancing (ELB), scaling, security groups, VPC, IAM, Route53, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, SQS and Directory Services.
- Very strong understanding of Cloud - based environments and protocols, including but not limited to: Private, Public, Hybrid Clouds, SaaS, Paas, IaaS, DBaaS, and Virtual Networking.
- Worked on Managing and migrating physical servers (Linux, Window, Unix) to cloud such as AWS, Dockers and test them.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker SWARM tools to deploy containers in a cluster.
- Configured and built Spring MVC application on Tomcat web server.
- Experience in Microservices using SpringBoot, Netflix Erueka plugins, SpringBoot monitoring.
- A depth in end-to-end development of software products from requirement analysis to system study, designing, coding testing, debugging, documentation and implementation.
- Managed AWS Services like EC2, bit bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS console and API Integration with Ansible Code.
- Providing Branching Strategies at the organization level for smooth Release Management activities.
- Experience in Integrating and Merging defect fixes or enhancement modules to the main Branch in Subversion and GIT.
- Implementation of cloud service PaaS, and SaaS which include Puppet, Docker and Openshift.
- I wrote the Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Provided Support for Openshift application deployment in Production Environment.
- Good understanding of Openshift platform in managing Docker containers Kubernetes Clusters, Mesos.
- Administration of Subversion Server which includes branching, merging, tagging and backup.
- Build engineering activities such as creating build scripts for Maven and ant based projects, setting up Maven plugins, implementing release stack and repository management.
- Maintained over 40+ jobs in Jenkins which were Configured to run nightly and parameterized builds from 8 different Application teams for over 4-5 releases in parallel.
- Code quality setup using Sonarqube, implementing Junit and code coverage mechanisms.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline by integration Jenkins + Rundeck+ Chef and AWS for VM provisioning .
- Experience in migrating a production infrastructure into AWS VPC utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Chef, EBS, and Ops Works.
- Configure and customize monitor tools, alarms and notifications in support of global, 24 x 7 production environments. Knowledge of Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence, Stash and Hipchat.
- Thorough experience of using Data Communication, Managements Theory, OOPs Concepts.
- Knowledge and extensive experience with the Amazon services like EC2, Auto Scaling, S3, Cloud Front, and Cloud Formation.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Deployment automation, AWS EC2 instance mirroring, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries.
- Developed JUnit test scripts for existing and new RESTful API endpoints ensuring a quality software end product.
- Knowledge on LAN/WAN networking architecture and TCP/IP protocol stack, wireless networks & Cloud computing concepts.
- Worked on creating automated server builds, manage configurations and deploy containers on a Docker.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship management and analytical skills.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Able to coordinate effectively with testers, developers, technical support engineers and all the concerned people in trying to achieve overall enhancement of software product quality.
- Worked on various Docker components like Docker Engine, SWARM, Hub, Machine, Compose, Docker Registry.
Operating Systems: Windows, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Unix, SUSE, AIX.
Area of Work: Release management, Migrations, Environment management.
Version Control Tools: SVN, Git lab, Stash, Git hub.
Cloud Platform: AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, EFS, EBS, RDS, Route 53, AWS Lambda, Auto Scaling, AWS CloudWatch, AWS Config, AWS OpsWorks, AWS CloudFormation
Build /CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Build Forge, Udeploy.
Automation Tools: Chef, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet.
Repository Mangers: Nexus, Artifactory, Archiva.
Management Tools: Jira, Remedy, Confluence, Service Now.
Framework: C#.NET, Java/J2ee
Database: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DynamoDB.
Web Technology: XML, HTML.
Web Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache, NginX, IIS, Jboss.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases.
- Creating the Automaten Build and deployment process for application, Re engineering Setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new Projects.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancer with EC2 Auto scaling groups and Provided support on AWS application provisioning and maintenance tasks, AMI upgrades, and database snapshots.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, DynamoDB, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups .
- Configured the Route 53 DNS, load Balancers for the VPC and Set up Route 53 to ensure traffic distribution among different regions of AWS.
- Configured DOCKER Containers for Branching purpose and deployed using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Strengthening security by implementing and maintaining Network Address Translation in company’s network.
- Provided SME in all areas of Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) to existing and perspective clients on multiple cloud platforms Azure/AWS and various PaaS platforms (Cloud Foundry/OpenShift).
- Supported small to medium sized projects using GIT also merge the branch with out conflicts and push the remote repository into GitHub.
- Deployed the Components, baselines and change sets for flow between a Repositoryworkspace and a Stream through Accept, Deliver, Replace with, Replace in .
- Developed a continuous deployment pipeline using Jenkins, Ruby/ PowerShell scripts .
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as Build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Integrate Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA & Cloud Foundry
- Managed and optimize Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins and used Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy into AWS and automate most of the Build related Tasks
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Member of CCM representing changes for Release and environment configuration.
- Involved in Chef Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Build scripts for ANT and MAVEN Build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Wrote the Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Worked on Ansible playbooks to automate the installation of Docker-engine, Docker swarm cluster. writing Ansible scripts andused Ansible for configure tomcat servers and maintenance.
- Managed Maven Project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Red Hat Linux instances systems with Chef Automation and provision virtual servers in Amazon EC2.
- Experience in setting High Availability and clustering for SOA suite.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Worked with Performance Engineers on Configuration of the environment
- Worked on building & deploying Java code through Jenkins, used Jenkins Amazon Web Services (AWS) Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and worked with AWS Cloud management and Chef Automation.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the Continuous Integration (CI ) environment along with Jenkins.
Environment: AWS, EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, S3, RDS, Ansible, Elastic Beanstalk(EBS), VPC, Chef, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Linux, ANT, Red Hat Linux, DOCKER. SWARM.Confidential, Riverwoods, IL
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Involved in Create/Enhance/automate build and deployment processes for each release and backup, restore and upgrade.
- Developed Terraform templates to create load balancers (ELB), Ec2 instances with auto scaling, monitoring on the fly for different environments such as QA, SIT, Stage which run on different VPCs.
- Responsible for Designing and implementation of the DevOps solution using tools like Git, Perforce, Gerrit, Jenkins, Rundeck, SonarQube, Nexus and Chef Automation, Ruby scripting and AWS.
- Implemented multiple CI/CD pipelines as part of DevOps role for our on-premises and cloud-based software using Jenkins, Chef and AWS/Docker.
- Developed Chef cookbooks from the scratch and used knife utility for bootstrapping, provisioning multiple nodes.
- Worked on writin the playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Analyzed Ansible Nginx playbooks to determine how to migrate them to Chef + Ruby.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Autoscaling.
- Involved in migration of Java applications to Openshift Enterprise.
- Worked with Red Hat Openshift Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Continuous Integration, Automation and Configuration Management tools to make the Openshift cloud setup.
- Used Docker and Openshift to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Used Perforce version control system to manage different builds for the system.
- Implemented using software from Perforce, Assembla, Git and Jenkins.
- Implemented CI process for Chef cookbooks development workflow with help of Test Kitchen, Foodcrtitic, Robocop and Chef spec.
- Installed and administered Jenkins. Implemented Authentication, Authorization and integrated with LDAP.
- Configured Apache, NginX and Tomcat with Load balancers using modjk. Implemented same with Chef.
- Automated Deployment of Java based applications into Tomcat, WebLogic servers using Chef, Rundeck and Jenkins.
- Responsible for Monitoring and Data Visualization tools in Build Automation and Release Management.
- Worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments. Proficient with testing REST API's Web & Database testing.
- Developing and consuming web services like SOAP (JAX-WS), REST (JAX-RS).
- Wrote SQL Queries to interact with Oracle Database.
- Generating REST (JAX-RS) based web services using Server Oriented Architecture.
- Developed linux, mongoDB and team standards including security.
- Responsible for mongoDB architecture, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, replication DB design and server architecture
- Worked on Kubernetes for Continuous delivery on the project.
- Worked on Orchestrating complex application deployment quickly and predictably by using Kubernetes.
- Managed Azure based SaaS environment.
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, check-in policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Check-ins, defining backup and archival plans.
- Provided Build Scripts for Database Projects to Deploy DB and populate Test data in DB for various environments.
- Modularized unstructured Ant/Maven scripts and utilized properties file for reducing the complexity and making it more manageable.
Environment: Windows/Linux, SVN, ANT, Maven, Azure, Oracle, .Net, Oracle Database, WebLogic, PowerShell scripting, Subversion,Openshift, GIT, Ansible, SQL, Oracle Pl/SQL,MongoDB, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Java, Nexus, Chef and AWS.Confidential, Deerfield, IL
- As part of DevOps, my role includes release management, Environment Management, deployments, Continuous integration, continuous deployment, Incident management and version management.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries.
- Creating from scratch a new continuous integration stack based on Docker and Jenkins, allowing transition from dev stations to test servers easily and seamlessly.
- Used Chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation in AWS.
- Written cookbooks for various packages and installed them on VMs to perform QA testing.
- Written cookbooks for WebLogic, JDK 1.7, Jenkins, tomcat, Jboss and deployment automation.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts that arose during the merge in both Perforce.
- Worked on version control tools like GIT and Perforce and integrated build process with Jenkins.
- Converted CVS and Visual Source Safe repositories to Perforce.
- Created a functional test environment in AWS where the functional tests will run on the EC2 instances dynamically.
- Used Apache Kafka cluster as messaging system between the APIs and Micro services.
- Experience in building applications of various architecture styles like Micro-services architecture consisting of Restful web services and Docker container based deployments, Event driven architecture applications built using spring integration, RX java, Bacon JS, Apache Kafka and SOA built using SOAP base JAX-WS web services and Mule ESB.
- Created VPC using Cloud formation templates in AWS which includes security groups, key pairs, Route tables and Internet Gateway.
- Worked on Openshift to improve application security by putting admin consoles on different Docker containers accessible only from unusual port numbers.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing EO/managers rights to trigger required build.
- Managed infrastructure resources with close coordination with I.T. Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95%.
- Very good experience in GIT that include creation of GIT hooks.
- Integrate Unit Testing, Code Coverage and Deployment tools with Jenkins and Maven.
- Experience in creating Test Automation scripts pertaining to Agile-based Continuous Integration environments.
- Scripting of administration tasks using Command Line (CLI), PowerShell, Shell Scripting, Ruby etc.,
- Responsible for Automating Java Builds with Maven. Implemented multiple plugins for Code analysis, Junit, Code coverage, PMD, SonarQube.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Eclipse, Chef, Puppet, Docker, AWS, Ant, RDBMS, Maven, Subversion, SVN, GIT,GIT HUB, Python, Ruby, Nexus, Sonar, Jenkins, PERL, BASH, Solaris, UNIX.Confidential, Kansas City, MO
SCM/SR.Build and Release Engineer
- Gathering Information from the Clients and providing consultation by performing POC and setup the Build/Deployment and Release Management.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and Maven.
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various Web logic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Creating builds using ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Used both Perforce and Subversion source control systems for different projects.
- Develop solutions on Microsoft TFS. PowerShell and Visual Studio.
- Managed and controlled the source code repository, currently housed in TFS.
- Handling complete Build and Release process including code, documentation and supporting testing team along with the server Administration.
- Work with QA to facilitate verification of releases. Running multiple builds at a time.
- Managing Daily Builds, Weekly Builds, Nightly Builds and Builds on fortnight basis.
- Managed and Administered Web logic 8 and 10.3 Environments.
- SVN administration like give access for branches and SVN repositories.
- Creating Perforce and SVN repositories and give access rights to the authorized developers.
- Assist clients for application code migrations (for lower and higher environments) and Environment related issues.
- Created virtual servers on VMware ESX/ESXi and installed operating system on Guest servers.
- Ensure servers and environments are available for developments and testing validation is meeting the expectation. Responsible for managing and creating different environments for PI Line of Business.
- Make sure the configuration, version and systems are working fine.
- Assist Clients and team mates to understand issues and help/coordinate with multiple teams to resolve issues and make the environment stable.
- Project estimation in terms of cost, resources and schedule. If a new environment has to be created it would need to perform the analysis and requirement gathering from the respective Application team and then co-ordinate the different activities involved with the same.
- Configuration changes and new environment setup.
Environment: Java, .Net, GIT, SVN, Ant, Maven, Nexus, Bamboo, WebLogic, Tomcat, Oracle Virtual Box, Microsoft office tools, UNIX/Windows, Perl scripts, Power shell, TFS, JIRA, Shell scripts, Hudson, Jenkins.Confidential, Chesterfield, MO
- Support Team - Was part of the Infrastructure Support Team responsible for handling support issues using CA Service Desk.
- Developed BASH Shell scripts for ad hoc automation tasks.
- Image baking for multiple application use cases.
- Linux monitoring using Nagios.
- Application troubleshooting and support.
- Included Vulnerability Detection as part of the CI/CD workflow using Jenkins Pipelines, SonarQube Quality Gates.
- Perform server updates, patching, upgrade and package installations using RPM.
- Install and configure Ubuntu, Centos on remote servers and Desktop servers.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Automated daily manual tasks by running Cron jobs using BASH Scripts that report on a user defined frequency about versatile issues on Linux-based servers.
- Developed Cron and Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Manages Siteminder administrator accounts and users when using the Siteminder LDAP repository.
- Managing UNIX Infrastructure and EMC storage involving maintenance of the servers and
- Troubleshooting problems in the environment.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Log Analysis, Maintaining Documents of production server logs reports and server's list.
Environment: Bash Shell Scripts, Image Baking, Nagios, SonarQube, Ubuntu, Centos, Cron jobs, PERL, EMC, Siteminder