- AWS Engineer /Middleware Administrator with over 7+ years of experience in Amazon Web Services , Web Application Servers ( WebLogic & Apache Tomcat ), Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, AIX and Amazon Linux Operating Systems.
- Strong hands on experience in Amazon web services such as EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch and IAM.
- Build customized Amazon Machine Images (AMI), deploy AMIs to multiple regions and launch EC2 instances using these custom images.
- Experience in building multi - Tier, highly available, fault tolerant, cost effective and scalable applications using AWS Elastic Beanstalk , Amazon RDS , Elastic Load Balancing and Auto Scaling .
- Experience in building policies for access control and user profiles using AWS IAM , S3 controls with bucket policies.
- E xcellent knowledge of S3 storage strategies such as versioning, life cycle policies, cross region replication and Glacier using command line interface (CLI) and Amazon Management Console.
- Created RDS DB instances using Multi-AG deployments. Tested DB instance Failover using reboot with fail-over.
- Expertise in AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) such as creating users, groups, organizing IAM users to groups, assigning roles to groups.
- Build and configured virtual Data center in Amazon cloud to support Enterprise hosting which includes VPC , public, private subnets, Security groups and Route tables.
- Utilized Amazon Cloud Watch to monitor AWS resources such as EC2 instances, Amazon EBS volumes, Amazon RDS DB instances and Elastic Load Balancers.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring WebLogic domains including machines, managed servers, node managers, work managers, JMS servers, clustering, JDBC Connection pools, Performance Tuning , troubleshooting and applying patches.
- Expertise in the Installation, Configuration and Administration of Apache web server (2.2/2.4), Nginx webserver 1.8, Oracle Http Server 12c, Sun ONE 6.1 Web Server (iPlanet), Microsoft IIS Server.
- Proficient in shell scripting (Bash and Korn), Perl, Python and WLST scripting.
- Infrastructure automation coding in languages such as Python, Shell Scripts, AWS Command line interface and AWS SDKs.
- Performance tuning of WebLogic servers, setting optimal Heap Size, Work Managers, JDBC Data Sources, JMS Servers and Garbage Collection parameters to achieve the optimal performance.
Amazon Web Services: EC2, Elastic Load Balance, Auto scaling Services, Glacier, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Relational Data Base, Virtual Private Cloud, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Identity and Access Management.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, Solaris 10, Amazon Linux AMI
Application Server: BEA WebLogic Server 8.x/9.x/10.x/12.x, Tomcat-Apache 8.5.6
Web Server: Apache webserver 2.2.29, Oracle Http Server12c, Microsoft IIS server 6.0, Iplanet webserver 7.x, Nginx Webserver 1.10
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JMS, JNDI, JMX, EJB.
Tools: Wily Introscope, AOTS Remedy 7.6, HP Quality Center
Web Technologies: JDK 1.7/1.8, HTML, XML, DHTML, MSXML, ASPX
Scripting Languages: WLST (Jython), UNIX Shell Scripting, Python, PowerShell.
Database: Oracle 10g/11g, MS SQL Server, My SQL.Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SOAP, IIOP, HTTP and HTTPS
AWS Engineer/Middleware Administrator
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures using Amazon Web Services (AWS), which includes VPC, EC2, S3, Cloud Front, ELB and Elastic Beanstalk.
- Installed and configured applications in Development, System Test/UAT, Production and Disaster Recovery environments.
- Build customized Amazon Machine Images (AMI) , deploy AMIs to multiple regions and launch EC2 instances using these custom images .
- Configured AWS Security Groups which acts as a virtual firewall that controls the traffic for one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Configured Launch configurations, Auto-scaling groups, target Groups and Classic/Application load balancers.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to securely manage AWS users & groups, and use policies & roles to allow or deny access to AWS resources.
- Experience in AWS CloudFront, including creating and managing distributions to provide access to S3 bucket or HTTP server running on EC2 instances.
- Configured S3 lifecycle of Applications & Databases logs, including deleting old logs, archiving logs based on retention policy of Apps and Databases.
- Configured and managed AWS Glacier, to move old data to archives based on retention policy of databases/ applications.
- Assigned AWS Elastic IP Addresses used to work around host or availability zone failures by quickly remapping the address to another running instance or a replacement instance that was just started.
- Monitoring Resources and Applications using AWS Cloud Watch, including creating alarms to monitor metrics such as EBS, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, and configured notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
- Using Amazon Route53 to manage public and private hosted zones.
- Created AWS RDS DB instances Oracle, MySQL and Aurora DB.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of DB Instances.
- Providing 24 x7 on-call support in debugging and fixing Linux and Middleware related issues in AWS Cloud Environment.
- Configured and administered WebLogic services like JMS, JNDI, JMX and JDBC pools.
- Configuration of JDBC connections and data sources with Oracle database ( RDS ).
- Developed scripts to monitor JDBC Connection Pool Status, JVM Heap Size, and JMS Messages in the production environment and invoking java Garbage collector to free up JVM Heap memory.
- Troubleshooting the issues occurred during the deployment of J2EE applications and EJB Components in production environments with help of Logs. Thread and Heap analysis using thread dump, Heap dump and finding the blocking and locked threads.
ENVIRONMENT: EC2, Elastic Load Balancers, Auto scaling Services, Glacier, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Relational Data Base, Virtual Private Cloud, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Identity and Access Management,