- Around 7+ years of experience in IT industry with SCM, Build/Release Management and as AWS DevOps operations Production and cross platform environments.
- Expertise experienced in Designing mule services for logging, exception handling and Message processing
- Experienced in deploying mule applications to Cloud Hub/Resource Monitor
- Developed integration workflows using Mule ESB framework
- Designed and developed ESB/SOA Mule flows for integration of services with underlying systems, following established enterprise integration patterns based on latest Mule versions ( 3.5 and up )
- Integrated web services including SOAP as well as REST using Mule ESB
- Configured different Mule connectors like HTTP, Database, File, JDBC, FTP, SFTP
- Designed and Developed Restful API’s using API Designer; generated flows using RAML file
- Strong and progressive experience in the server installation and administration of Red Hat Linux, Centos, Oracle Enterprise Linux, VMware ESX&ESXI environment.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EC2, RDS, S3, Microsoft Azure, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail. Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances and setting up security groups.
- Setting up data in AWS using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Creating snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMI) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Involved in migration of on - premises applications to AWS.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 , Lambda instances.
- Experience with migrating code base from SVN to GIT .
- Extensive experience using Build and Automation tools including Ant and Maven.
- Strong knowledge on CI tools like Jenkins,Hudson.
- Automated, designed and implemented continuous integration using GIT, Jenkins, puppet.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely for fasten the Build/Release Engineering.
- Having strong knowledge in Configuration management tools like Puppet and Chef.
- Extensive knowledge on writing and deploying modules in puppet.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Used Chef to provision AWS and Azure services and also managed those nodes.
- Experience writing Shell, Perl, Ruby and Python scripts to automate the deployments.
- Writing shell scripts for Automated Back- ups and Cron Jobs.
- Good knowledge on BMC BladeLogic Server automation.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP quality center and IBM clear quest.
- Configured services like DNS, NIS, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, Send Mail, FTP, Remote access on Linux.
- Install databases like Oracle 10g, 11g, MYSQL on Linux.
- Have good knowledge of utilizing cloud technology AWS and NoSQL database like Mongo DB database.
Operating System: RHEL 4/5/6, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows Server 2000, 2003,2008 and 2012, VMware ESX/ESXi 3.5/4.1/5.
Web/Application Servers: Apache Httpd, Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, Web Sphere, JBOSS
Build Tool: Ant, Maven and MS Build.
Version Control: Git, SVN and IBM Rational Clear Case
Automation Tools: Jenkins/Hudson and Bamboo.
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansiable.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL and DB2
Virtualization Tools: Docker, VM Virtual Box, VMware
Cloud Platform: AWS EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, ECS, EBS, Route 53, Cloud Formation and Microsoft Azure.
Monitoring Tool: Nagios and Cloud Watch.
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, DHCP, NFS, Cisco Routers, LAN
Virtual Servers: VMware ESX Servers, vSphere 5.x, Solaris Zones
Scripting: Shell, Bash, Ruby, Python and Perl
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, HP quality center and IBM clear quest
Confidential - CHICAGO, IL
Sr. Devops & AWS/Mule Engineer
- Involved in Agile - Sprint methodologies to do requirements gathering, analysis and planning. Involved in gathering requirements from existing functionality for the custodians.
- Involved in Design, Development, Testing and Integration of the application and prepared User stories corresponding to the features taken from Backlog.
- Worked on different version of Mule soft - 3.2, 3.3,3.4 & 3.6
- Worked on JMS, AnypointMQ and configured exception strategies in order to avoid error handlers.
- Created REST services using RAML and Worked on Cloud Hub and Any point platform.
- Created HTTP inbound & outbound flows, routing, orchestration, transformations and Security of Mule ESB application using Basic Auth.
- Used Integration of Mule ESB system while utilizing AnypointMQ, HTTP, File system and SFTP transports.
- Deployed application in UNIX and to connect to see logs for fixing UAT/Production defects.
- Developing Mule ESB projects for the services with synchronous and asynchronous mule flows.
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, and EBS etc.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's.
- Experience in implementing new AWS instances and working with EBS and S3 storage, IAM.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Hands on experience in monitoring EC2 instances using Nagios.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Involved in migration from SVN to GIT repos and worked with Linux sys admins for the same.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products using Jenkins.
- Wrote JUnit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to Git.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet/chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with puppet automation.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Installed Puppet client software on RHEL 6.x servers and established a communication between master and client through SSL certification.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Worked on scheduling the Chef Nodes convergence using Linux Cron jobs.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers. All server's types where fully defined in Ansible, so that a newly built server could be up and ready for production within 30 minutes OS installation.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Developed Linux, UNIX, Perl and Shell Scripts for manual deployment of the code to various environments.
Environment: Linux(RHEL 6/5), AWS(EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, Route 53, AMI), ANT, Maven, Git, SVN, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, GitHub, Jira, Azure, Java/J2ee, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python,Ruby, Groovy.
Confidential - Atlanta, Georgia
DevOps & AWS/Mule Engineer
- Developed Mule flows to integrate Data from various sources into Database from AnypointMQ topics and queues and also some transformations were also done at the integration layer.
- Worked with Mule ESB 3.8.0 and migrated Mule ESB 3.7.1 apps to Mule ESB 3.8.1.
- Developed an Integration Component with third party application using Mule ESB and Experience in integrating Cloud applications like SFDC.
- Have integrated web services including SOAP as well as REST using Mule ESB and Worked with QA team to validate test cases whether test cases meeting business Requirements or not.
- Developed web services by using Restful API and Implemented Message Driven beans to develop the asynchronous mechanism to invoke the provisioning system when a new service request saved in the database used AnypointMQ for this.
- Involved in managing and deployment of the applications in the Cloud Hub and also tested SOAP web services using Soap UI and done with in peer and lead level design/code reviews.
- Developed an Email-Notification Service to send the Error notifications as an Email and Payload as an attachment.
- Worked in day to day administration support for linux support/administration. Troubleshoot and resolve issues for different clinets.
- Managed GIT and SVN as Source Control Systems
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Used Ant/Maven for building Java/J2EE Applications.
- Extensively used ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet.
- Setup the Jenkins jobs for Continuous integration process and to execute test cases.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to WebLogic server using Jenkins builds.
- Experience deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub,machine,compose and Docker registry.
- Experience working on Docker Hub,creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working with Puppet.
- Provided installation & maintenance of Puppet infrastructure and developed Puppet recipes &modules for configuration management.
- Performed system administration and operations tasks using Chef, Nagios.
- Setup the Chef servers, chef work stations, chef nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure chef nodes for software configurations management.
- Wrote playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Worked on AWS EC2, IAM, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto scaling group services.
- Creating Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances.
- Automating infrastructure in AWS using amazon web services and Configuring EC2 Instances, VPC, Route 53, ELB, Subnets.
- Creating manifests and deploying using puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Developed an Azure based high performance compute environment to support the massive computational requirements of client congressional redistricting Azure application.
- Experienced with various scripts Shell, Perl and Python for automation of various tasks.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 6/5/4), Unix, AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, EBS, ELB, Auto Scaling), Ant, Maven, SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Python, Ruby, Nexus, PERL, BASH, Weblogic.
Confidential - Indiana Polis, Indiana
Build and Release Engineer
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, SIT and QA Environments.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Updated Release reports from change management control.
- Maintained and Administered GITHUB Source Code Tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GITHUB.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for Agile development in Subversion.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR and WAR.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars, which are used during the build.
- Integrated GITHUB into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used Jenkins for Automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Managed Build results in Jenkins and Deployed using workflows.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Used JIRA for change control & ticketing.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, Python.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems
- Formulated and executed designing standards for DNS servers.
Environment: Java/J2ee, ANT, Maven, GIT, Subversion, Jenkins, Jira, Linux, Shell Scripts, Apache Web Server, JBoss Application Server.
Confidential - Chicago, Illinois
Build and Release Engineer
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Maintained and Administered GIT Source Code Tool.
- Created repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
- Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Subversion repository.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Automated build scripts using Cruise Control with ANT, Maven and Shell Scripts.
- Installation of Application on production and Test server for the use of application development and configuration.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects provided support for Application issues.
- Experience using weblogic Admin, weblogi. Deployer and weblogic server commands.
- Deployed the archives to WebLogic Application Servers.
- Wrote shell scripts and automated creating projects in Jenkins and Nexus repository as part of release process.
- Created the different QA environment Migration Release Notes and migrated it into the QA for testing the online Java code from Subversion.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
Environment: Ant, Maven, Tomcat, Jboss, Hudson, Jenkins, Clear Case, Subversion, JIRA, shell, Unix, MS SQL Server, Weblogic.