- Over 8+ years of experience as a DevOps/Build and Release Engineer framework in application configurations, code compilation, packaging, building, automating, managing and releasing code from one environment to another environment and deploying to servers
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, GIT and Source code management client tools like Stash/BitBucket, SourceTree, Git Bash, GitHub and other command line applications etc
- Extensively worked on Artifactory, Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo and AnthillPro for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments
- Implemented a CD pipeline involving Bamboo + Rundeck + Chef to complete the Automation from commit to Deployment
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet. Familiar with build server orchestration using MCollective
- Experience in implementing the continuous integration utilizing Atlassian Bamboo, Leading the activity to import all aspects of issue tracking from Rational ClearQuest to Atlassian JIRA
- Experience of working with the release and deployment of large - scale C++, Java/J2EE Web applications using SVN repository
- Extensive experience in using Build Automation tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like make file
- Experience in working with different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA, RedMine, and Bugzilla
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: DNS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct
- Experience in web development and deployment using .NET, PHP and JAVA
- Experience in performing installation and configuration of Nginx + Apache servers and their web development and deployments by using PHP, .NET and JAVA
- Knowledge on Vagrant, Docker & Kubernetes based container deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams and containerization of environments delivery for releases
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route 53, Autoscaling, IAM, EMR, SQS, SWF, SNS, CloudWatch, CloudFront, Opswork, EBS and CloudTrail
- Working on Virtualization and Containers (Docker) and Hypervisors ESXI, ESX and VMware ESXi 5.5 and 6, vSphere Server and VMware Server in Rack Servers
- Extensive working knowledge on automation for deployment/configuration of different Application servers like Web Sphere, Web Logic, JBoss, IIS and Web Servers like and Apache, Tomcat and Web Containers like Nginx etc
- Configured and administered monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk and Zabbix etc
- Strong base knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in-depth knowledge about Waterfall, Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, ClearCase, Stash/Bitbucket, SourceTree
CI & CD Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AnthillPro, Rundeck, Artifactory, Octopus Deploy
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle and make file
Operating System: UNIX, IOS, Ubuntu, Windows XP/Vista7/8/10, Fedora, CentOS, Arch Linux, OpenSUSE, Linux Mint
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Open Stack, Google Cloud
Containerization Tools: Vagrant, Docker and Kubernetes, VMware ESXi
Bug Tracker & Testing Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Junit, IBM ClearQuest
Testing Tools: Junit, Cucumber, Sauce Labs, Selenium
Monitoring tools: Splunk, Nagios, Sonar
Packaging Tools: RPM, Zip, Yum, pip, gem
Scripting Languages: Shell, Ruby, Python, PowerShell
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, Java Script, XML, HTML
Web/App Servers: Weblogic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, RHEL, JBOSS
Databases: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MYSQL, MariaDB, MS SQL, Postgres SQL
Confidential - Schaumburg, IL
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Working as a Cloud Engineer closely with Dev team that involves three different development teams and multiple software release teams simultaneously
- Maintaining Multi zone data backup on Amazon EC2 S3. Locally maintaining data archives using daily/weekly/monthly logrotate scheme
- Setting up and building AWS infrastructure with various resources VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, Route 53, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, CloudWatch and RDS in CloudFormation using JSON templates
- Working with BitBucket to store the code and integrate it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks and managing on-premise OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Ansible as well as AWS Services for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB by writing playbooks.
- Implemented Disaster Recovery solutions for components/services in AWS - RDS, S3, route 53 records.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Bamboo, Ansible, Maven in Linux environment.
- Designing and implementing Subversion, GIT and BitBucket metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implementing & maintaining the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Bitbucket/GIT. Administration of Bamboo server - Includes Setup of Bamboo, Configure Nightly builds, and parameterized builds and deployment automation.
- Writing Ansible playbooks to define and upload a base image, which will then get its own AMI ID for usage with the ec2 module or the cloudformation module.
- Implemented auto environment creation using Ansible and AWS, Managed Amazon EC2 instances with the help of Ansible.
- Integrate relatively sophisticated continuous integration/deployment flows using the capabilities already present in OpenShift .
- Setting up a Bamboo pods in OpenShift and creating a Bamboo tasks which will trigger an OpenShift build of an application component, deploy the component for testing, validate the new component works, and then deploy that component into Prod environment
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure to initialize these resources in inventory management system via Chef as a provisioning tool in bootstrapping the resource into clusters.
- Building and configuring a Virtual Data Center in the Amazon Web Services(AWS) cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer .
- Designing highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, AutoScaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs .
- Ansible roles with pre-tasks and post-tasks making it easy to orchestrate a sophisticated zero-downtime rolling upgrade of our web applications.
- Integrating and monitoring using Amazon CloudWatch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics. EBS Volumes management and snapshots for backups using Maven scripts.
- Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Automated our Kafka registry clusters to add SSL/TLS
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as on-premise - Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Used Amazon EC2 Command Line Interface(CLI ) along with Bash/Python to automate repetitive work in release activities with Project / Release Management and Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble free roll out of releases.
- Integrating BitBucket for HipChat by creating rooms to our dev teams for collaborating and configuring that we can add new notifications, remove existing ones, or change the types of notifications that will be sent to each room.
- Analyzed frequently occurring system breaks and automated fixes with repetitive tasks using Bash and Python/UNIX scripts and used to send notifications after each deployment.
- Worked on Mesos, Marathon, Bamboo and Docker internally to deploy applications automatically to our internal Staging and Development environments.
- Used Docker to contain a lot of HTTP servers. Using Docker as a new level of simplicity to define and create applications or services by encapsulating them in containers for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- Performing Data dump which provides system administration support for a client with 120 instances hosted in AWS Cloud environment and utilizing Amazon Glacier for archiving this data
- Well versed with setting up tools like Splunk to ensure proper monitoring & alerting is in place for every sprint releases
- Experienced in analysis, design, development, maintenance, system programming and production support in the information technology industry.
Environment: Ansible, GIT, BitBucket/Stash, Subversion 1.6, RHEL, ANT/Maven, Chef, CMake, Atlassian Bamboo, Jenkins/Hudson, Docker, RunDeck, Terraform, WebSphere Application, HipChat, Confluence, Maven, Nexus, JIRA, VMWare ESXi, AWS Services, CloudFormation, Ruby, Bash, Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, Java/J2EE Applications
Confidential - Dayton, OH
DevOps/Build & Release Engineer
- Automated the front-ends platform into highly scalable, consistent, repeatable infrastructure using high degree of automation using Puppet, Jenkins, and Cloud Formation.
- Imported and Managed multiple corporate applications in Subversion- Controlling and Monitoring Check-in's & Create tags for builds and providing support to Subversion (SVN) related issues to developers.
- Involved in defining, documenting, negotiating and maintaining Product/Application Release Roadmap.
- Responsible for all aspects of regular (planned) and emergency patch releases.
- Creation of Application Release Plan (Release Scope Planning & defining Milestones).
- Playing a key role in Administering the deployment using Microsoft Dynamic CRM platform for deploying web service applications as a programmatic alternative in enumerate and change the state of servers during deployments.
- Docker containers need to isolate our application and make it faster to troubleshoot/upgrade/scale up, we consider using container technology to maintain and configure according to our infrastructural needs.
- Creating & conducting walkthroughs of ‘Deployment Plans’ for complex large-scale Releases including Mock Deployments in Pre-Prod environments & Production Installations.
- Working with an agile development team to deliver an end-to-end CI/CD product in an open source environment using RunDeck to get the job done.
- Extensively worked on continuous integration tool like Hudson, Teamcity, Jenkins and Bamboo for end-to -end automation of various build and deployments
- Created common build environment using cross platform CMake for Windows and Unix/Linux platforms.
- Practical understanding and experience in scaling puppet with 100's of agents and few puppet servers. Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, managing and are collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Testing Puppet modules with rspec-puppet and Docker containers before uploading to puppet server. Practical/hands-on knowledge on using Mcollective, Hiera in conjunction with puppet modules.
- Installed and configured a private Docker Registry, authored various docker files to run apps in containers, experience using multi-container scheduling tools like Kubernetes.
- On top of Docker , Kubernetes simplifies the deployment of our apps in a uniform way on composing infrastructure where Kubernetes is installed.
- Used Maven scripts (pom.xmls) to build the packages. Used SonarQube for static code analysis. WebLogic server commands were used for deployment.
- Configured multiple LinuxSlaves for JenkinsMaster to distribute load across all the nodes and integrated with the tool Maven to schedule builds.
- Automated Build/Releases and Deployment tasks with Hudson/Jenkins and AnthillPro using GIT source control tool and Artifactory.
- Dependencies are automated in AnthillPro to be addressed at every deployment to each environment.
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to build on demand EC2 instance formation
- Developed, maintain and support Web application programs using Perl, CGI. Designed, architect and build MySQL databases after determining business requirements.
- Written Jythonscripts to automate the deployments to WebSphere Application Servers deployed to Unix/Linux environments.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Plan & oversee the creation of new environments as per the Project’s needs & work with the Infrastructure team to plan the Maintenance Activities.
- Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy setup, End-End Job setup of all projects.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release media and release notes for each scheduled release and maintained the CI inventory for the environments
Environment: AnthillPro, Artifactory, GIT, Subversion 1.6, RHEL, ANT/Maven, CMake, Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, RunDeck, WebSphere Application, AWS CloudFormation, Puppet, Bash, Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, MySQL Server, Java/J2EE Applications.
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- Working with Platforms developers team, where we are hosting Wordpress blogs for our clients need on production servers hosted on cloud Rackspace.
- Worked as SysOps admin to maintain these 15 servers, that load balanced by Nginx for n servers and backed up by MariaDB database servers.
- Writing an Ansible playbook from scratch to upgrade these servers one at a time in serial to reduce the downtime of running sites.
- Working on GitHub to store the code and integrate it to Ansible to deploy the playbooks and managing Rackspace servers and Docker containers with OS/Applications/Services/Packages and keep them in a loop.
- Ansibleloops over all of the hosts in the group called Monitoring and added a line for each monitoring host’s to the current machine’s iptables configuration, so that NewRelic is monitoring our production hosts.
- Successfully tested on Staging and Development environments to make this playbook efficient and reliable with lowering the cost of downtime and making sure to up and running all the sites with latest upgradations of packages.
- Used Postman to GET, PUT and HIT API requests for all our dev users to maintain the new projects.
- Migrations of Database server from MariaDB 5.5 to 10.1 stable using mysql upgrade option with changes in permission tables and marking them (old tables) compatible with MariaDB 10.1v.
- Configuring the sites and migrating them from PHP5.5 to PHP5.6 and PHP7.0.
- Also, deploying using Docker-compose to deliberately test on these containers to push the configuration changes to production servers without conflicts on databases.
- Deployed new or modified projects using GruntJS and Composer using Capistrano CI tool on UAT to ‘git-push-deploy’ servers on Continuous Orchestration with Ansible push-deploy playbooks for different API projects.
- Defining, documenting, and implementing database maintenance plans and responsible for maintaining database uptime, performance, data projects, security, upgrades or development.
- Developing new database applications to replace outdated technologies.
Environment: Ansible, GIT, Capistrano, Composer, CMake, Docker, MariaDB, GruntJS, Nginx, PHP-FPM, Postman, Slack, AWS S3, New Relic, PHP, Ruby, Rackspace, Bash, Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, Vagrant, Wordpress.
Jr. Devops Build/Release Engineer
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java based project by using JENKINS and Maven
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various WebLogic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Handling complete Build and Release process including code, documentation and supporting testing team along with the server Administration
- Creating builds using Bash scripting, ANT/Maven scripts to manually updated and automated.
- Involved in setting up builds using Puppet as a configuration management tool.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes.
- Manage the configurations of more than 40 servers using Puppet, configured Jenkins builds for Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Established Chef best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Used Chef to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments and wrote wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a chef solo environment.
- Work with QA to facilitate verification of releases. Running multiple builds at a time.
- Managing Daily Builds, Weekly Builds, Nightly builds and Builds on fortnight basis.
- SVN administration like give access for branches and SVN repositories.
- Creating SVN repositories and give access rights to the authorized developers.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR/WAR files and Develop automated deployment scripts using Ant/Maven and Python to deploy war files, properties file and database changes to development server or QA server and Staging/Production server.
- Assist clients for application code migrations (for lower and higher environments) and Environment related issues.
- Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting steps - Tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users. Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Ensure servers and environments are available for developments and testing validation is meeting the expectation.
- Assist Clients and teammates to understand issues and help/coordinate with multiple teams to resolve issues and make the environment stable.
- Make sure the Configuration, Version and Systems are working fine or Setting up a new environment if needed with any Configuration changes.
- If a new environment must be created it would need to perform the analysis and requirement gathering from the respective application team and then co-ordinate the different activities involved with the same.
- Project estimation in terms of cost, resources and schedule
Environment: GIT, Ant, Maven, Artifactory, Tomcat, ClearQuest, Java, SVN, Stash, VMware, Jenkins, DNS, Fisheye, Shell, Perl Scripting, Nexus, RunDeck, JIRA, WebLogic, CAST, Chef, Puppet, RHEL
- 24x7 Support for Unix Production Servers.
- SPOC for Data Center Migration Activity of IPB & TCON Servers.
- Storage migration of IPB & TCON Server from DMX to VMAX.
- Installing latest patches and packages on all the Unix platform to keep the host up to date to avoid any Vulnerability Threats.
- Disk and space management using VXVM and LVM. This includes creating, resizing and mirroring file systems.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth need using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Configured GPFS file system for the Database on Linux OS.
- Monitor alerting file system usage, hardware and system process failures Linux/AIX
- Applying patches, controlling services, troubleshooting the boot issues using Linux rescue mode.
- Restoring OS from Backup in case of failure during the patching activity.
- Creating, updating of Hard disk Geometry VXVM & LVM as per the requirement.
- Involved in engineering, Design, and administration of AIX/Linux operating systems.
- Manage complex AIX/ Linux/vmware environments running latest technologies.
- Upgrade SAN stack packages (EMC Power Path packages) on UNIX machines
- Kernel / Firmware upgrade on Linux/AIX/vmware.
- Interact with HP, IBM & SUN engineers on hardware & software cases.
- Handling Server OS Crash / System Panic situation and identifying the root cause of problem.
- Knowledge in Backup Applications: Veritas Netbackup, Tivoli Storage Management.
- Taking backup & restoration in TSM as well as in Netbackup.
- Installing and configuring third party softwares like Weblogic, Iplanet, MQSeries & Connect:Direct (NDM).
- Fulfilling the application team requests viz application bounce & configuration changes in UAT Servers regularly.
- Creating Change Request for Production activities which includes downtime & coordinate with Business, Application, DBA & other related teams for approval
Environment:: RHEL 3, RHEL 6 & VMware Environments, AIX, IDS, Managed DNS, VMware ESX, VMware workstation, GSX/VMware server, VMware player, VMware Converter, Solaris, Jumpstart & Kickstart servers, SAN, HP & UNIX.