- Around 5+ years of experience in the IT field of system administration with AWS Cloud and DevOps Engineer with best practices of SCM in Agile, Scrum methodologies.
- Expertise in AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including EC2, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Security Groups.
- Highly motivated and committed DevOps Engineer experienced in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS cloud environment.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Setting up data in AWS using S3buckets and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war from source code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Docker for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployment.
- Configured and administered Jenkins for automated builds and Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and maintenance of build pipeline.
- Configuration of various plugins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow and to optimize and smooth running of build jobs.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Extensive experience in setting up Chef Workstation, Server and Clients.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries and Kubernetes.
- Experience in creating Docker Hub, Docker Images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Proficient in Networking and configuring TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, SSH, SSL, SFTP, SMTP, SNMP. Excellent understanding of SDLC Methodologies like Agile, Waterfall.
- Experience in writing Scripts, Python Boto3 programming for deployment of Java applications.
- Implementation and automation of Shell and Python scripts for release and build automation.
- Experience working knowledge on automation for deployment/ configuration of Application server like JBOSS, Tomcat and WebLogic Web Server like Apache, Nginx.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Expertise in configuring Log monitoring tools like Elasticsearch, Nagios, Splunk to monitor logs of applications in prod and non - prod.
- Use RDS, MSSQL, PostgreSQL and DynamoDB to perform basic database administration.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/ 2000/2003/2008, Unix/Linux, Ubuntu, Centos, MAC OS
Versioning Tools: Tortoise SVN, GIT hub, GIT, Perforce
AWS: EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, IAM, Cloud Formation, AWSCLI, RDS, CloudTrail, Route53, CloudWatch, SNS, SMS, SQS, EFS, Cloud Deploy
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla
Monitoring Tools: Elasticsearch, Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch
Build Tools: Jenkins, ANT, MAVEN, Nexus and Artifacts
Languages/Scripting: Perl scripting, Shell scripting, Python scripting, Ruby.
Web/Application servers: WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Nginx, Apache
Configuration Management tools: Puppet, Chef (12.2 & 12.4), Ansible, Docker
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MYSQL, RDS, PostgreSQL
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, REST, LDAP, IMAP, DNS, SMTP
AWS cloud Devops Engineer
Confidential, Farmington, CT
- Worked as a DevOps Engineer for a team that involves three different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Configure, monitor and automate Amazon Web Services as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk, S3 and EBS.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as DynamoDB.
- Created S3 buckets and maintained and utilized the policy management of S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS. Developed a notification system using LAMP, PHP, MVC and Amazon Web services.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Github, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Python, Docker and AWS. Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster.
- Experience in creating notifications and alarms for EC2 instances using CloudWatch.
- Coordinated with developers for establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and GIT source control.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Git Stash Repositories, views and the access. Used automated code check-outs in Git and created branches
- Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and configure Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef and created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations. Docker Containerization of cloud based applications.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Involved in build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure automation tooling using Docker and Chef.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Built and maintained ElasticsearchLogstash, Kibana stack to centrally collect logs that are used to monitor applications
- Installed, monitored and configured Applications in Nginx and Apache Tomcat Server and establish connectivity to databases and troubleshoot issues on the fly.
- Pipelined Application Logs from App Servers to Elasticsearch (ELK Stack) through Logstash.
- Managed Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) instances utilizing auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
Environment: Git, SVN, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Chef, Tomcat, Jira, JBoss Application Servers, Apache Tomcat, ELK, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, Windows, Docker, Nginx, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, Autoscaling, ELB, Shell Scripts, Python, Campaign Packaging Tool, Unix/ Linux environment.
AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential, College Park, MD
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure in various resources VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, RDS in Cloud formation JSON templates.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Involved in architecting and deploying of fault tolerant, highly available, cost effective and secure servers in AWS. Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images, and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Used GIT to keep track of all changes in source code.
- Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Designed and maintained the GIT Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Implemented and Maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing GIT source code management.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Installed Chef Server on the workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using Knife, and involved in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process.
- Involved in integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework, and worked with various custom resources, created roles & environments, and using chef handlers for different auto Kickoff Requirement Jobs.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks automated cook books CI and CD system.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Developed Python and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Ansible, Python (boto& fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like JBoss.
- Created Pre-commit hooks in Python/shell/bash for authentication with JIRA-Pattern Id while committing codes in SVN, limiting file size code and file type and restricting development team to check-in while code commit.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Deployed and configured JIIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
Environment: Git, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, JBoss, Splunk, Nagios, EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling, Shell, JIIRA, Python, Nginx, Apache, Tomcat.
Build/ Release Engineer - DevOps
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Bamboo based software for build system & delivering SW Builds.
- Worked on building data center with AWS. Installed SVN, GIT, Jenkins images on AWS.
- Wrote custom monitors for Cloud Watch. Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Puppet Manifests to provision complex multi-node applications composed of Python, Node, Apache, Nginx Passenger, Unicorn, Elastic Search, Hadoop, and MySQL.
- Experienced in writing Python scripts for Cookbooks in Chef. Familiar working with bug ticketing tool Jira.
- Experienced in Installing, Configuring and Monitoring using NAGIOS, Sitescope and GRAPHITE.
- Experienced with ETL tool for Data entry and Data retrieval (OLTP).
- Create Jenkins job to build the artifacts using Maven, deploy the Terraform templates to create the stack.
- Modeled the structure for multi-tiered applications orchestrate the processes to deploy each tier.
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Monitored and reporting using graphs using Nagois to show the developers and management when performance issues are reported by the customers.
- Indexed data in ElasticSearch using the river plugin. Queried data using the elastic search API.
- Using ANT, Udeploy, Chef, Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- Created Branches, and performed Merges in Source Tree & Stash
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Knowledge of concepts in code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications.
- Worked with customers, developers, testing, product management and support staff.
Environment: Git, Chef, Windows Solaris, Linux, C++, Java, Eclipse 3.20, Ant, Maven, Bamboo, Jira, JBoss Application Server, CVS, Subversion, Ruby, Jira and Python, Elastic search, Log stash, Nagios, Gradle.