- Skilled professional with 3+ Years of experience in IT industry comprising of Strong background in Linux/Unix &Network Administration, CI/CD ( Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment) process , Software Configuration Management (SCM) and Cloud Management all within that suites the needs of an environment under DevOps Culture.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum methodologies.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS, UBUNTU) servers along with Amazon Web Services(AWS) and also in working experience of Linux/Unix administration and internals.
- Experience with Subversion control, Build, Configuration Management tools like Git, Ant, Maven, Chef, Docker, Ansible and Integration & Monitoring tools like Jenkins and Nginx, Unix, Linux and Windows environment.
- Hands - on experience in deployment automation using PowerShell Scripting and Shell/Python Scripting with concentration on DevOps
- Supported Server/VM provisioning activities, middleware installation and deployment activities via Chef.
- Proficiently experienced in Amazon Web Services(AWS) cloud platform and its services like EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, VPN, Dynamo, EBS, ELB, SNS, Auto-Scaling, IAM, Route53, AMI, Security-Groups, CloudFront, CloudWatch, OpsWork, and CloudFormation through AWS management console and AWS CLI (Command Line Interface).
- Supported AWS Cloud environment with 300+ AWS instances and configured Elastic IP & Elastic Storage and experience working on implemented security groups.
- Experience on AWS for deploying EC2 instances consisting of various flavors like Amazon Linux AMI, Red Hat Linux Enterprise, SUSE Linux, Ubuntu server, Microsoft Window Server2012 and many more.
- Have work experience on Multiple AWS instances, Creating Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Hands on experience on using Elastic Block storage (EBS) and S3 buckets for data storage.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or custom-built.
- Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks and Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for micro services using Ansible.
- Experience in creating User/Group Accounts and attaching policies to User/Group Accounts using AWS IAM service
- Experience is using Tomcat, and WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using CI/CD Pipeline and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened automated deployments.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems SVN (Subversion), GIT.
- Source code management is performed using Git from master repository and knowledge on Container management using Docker in creating images.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables clients to utilize both GIT and SVN and Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Jenkins as Continuous Integration Tool
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process and Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Deployed the artifacts in Nexus central repository for internal deployments and Managed Nexus repository for the current project created a new repository and provisioned it.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and Git. Whenever a new Git branch gets started, Jenkins automatically builds a new Docker container from it.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the Docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Good in provisioning and deployment tools like Chef and Ansible.
- Worked on Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management of existing infrastructure. Create Ansible roles and playbooks to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the new infrastructure.
- Use Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Ability to quickly understand, learn and implement the new system design, new technologies, data models and functional components of software system in a professional work environment.
DevOps Tools: Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux 6.x/7, Ubuntu, OEL, CentOS.
Network Protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, UDP.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure.
Virtualization/Containerization Technologies: VMWare ESXi 6, Docker, pivotal cloud foundry, vagrant
Versioning Tools: GIT, SVN
Languages: Shell Scripting, power Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby.
Software and Tools: VERITAS Volume Manager 3.x/4.x, WinSCP, FTP, SSL.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache.
Monitoring: Splunk, AppDynamics,Nagios,Icinga.
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySql, Cassandra, MongoDB 7 SQL Server 2008/2012/2014
Hardware: Dell R710, R720, R510 and R910, IBM Blade Servers.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
Cloud / Devops Engineer
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools
- Implementing a CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) framework using Jenkins, Maven & Artifactory in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven and Worked on authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin and managing Maven repositories.
- Created scripts for Backup and restoring GITHUB repositories.
- Installed packages on remote Agent less nodes through Ansible playbooks with Ansible roles.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks and securing a server with Ansible and Provisioning, deployment with Ansible and Worked on developing Ansible Go Scripts for automating regular tasks
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points and packages and Worked on playbooks for Ansible in YAML scripting
- Deploying multi-stack software builds to various environments (VMs, Cloud instances, etc.) using automation tools like Ansible and Chef, minimizing downtime.
- Worked on installing of Docker using Docker toolbox and worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery (CD) goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Implemented several Tomcat Instances by using the Docker engine for running several Containerized AppServers
- Deploy and configure Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications. Experience and proficient in deploying and administering GitHub
- Configuring and deploying instances on AWS environment and Data centers, also worked with EC2, Cloud watch, Elastic Search and managing security groups on AWS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create Amis for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Worked on creation and managing IT infrastructure and application stack using AWS Cloud Formation and writing the template file using JSON.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations. Server automation with Chef and used tools like Maven for deployment and build management.
- Worked on provisioning different environments using Chef, Ansible and other Configuration management tools.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for installing Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, WebLogic, and WebSphere for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Created and maintained Python scripts for Automating Build and Deployment Process and Creating Web Based Application by Using Django Framework.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operation
- Assists with review and recommendations for system acquisitions, planning and selection of operating systems software and hardware. Motivated self-starter; able to spark an interest and take an initiative.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups and optimized volumes, EC2 instances), VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups. VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0, Jenkins, Docker, Docker containers, Ansible, YAML scripting, Chef, Ruby Scripts, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, GIT Repositories, JIRA, RPM/YUM, Apache and MySQL database. JBoss, Apache, WebLogic, Tomcat and WebSphere, SSL enabled, SMTP, netapp storage LUNs to the Red Hat Linux servers.
Jr. Linux System Administrator
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Redhat Linux 4.x, 5.x, Solaris 10 comprising of testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Responsible for hardware, firmware, Network & Firewall troubleshooting and upgraded, maintained Linux/Unix servers.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on SSH, NFS, SAMBA, DHCP, DNS, HTTPD services.
- Administration of NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts, send mail and Print servers as per the client's requirement.
- Installed and configured Sudo for users to access the root privileges and Performed User Account management, data backups, and users' logon support.
- Involved in creating logical volumes, backups, managed large hard disk farms and resized disk partitions using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands on Red hat Linux
- Managed data stores and Vcenters with VMware Installation and ESX hosts configuration
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administration of VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5/6.0 and migrated the existing servers into the VMware infrastructure
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cronjobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Creation and management of user accounts and groups according to the security needs and adding the packages and patches when needed and Permissions policy management and quota implementation.
- Good knowledge in awk & Stream Editor(Sed) and using them in in Unix Shell script
- Remote monitoring and optimization of Server for File system, disk utilization, Memory utilization, threshold maintenance and Network traffic.
- Implementing password less (SSH) authentication between servers.
- Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Red Hat Linux.
- Experience in installing, configuring and monitoring VERITAS Cluster Server (VCS) and Redhat Cluster Server in High Availability Environment.
Environment: Redhat Enterprise Linux 4.x,5.x, YUM, User and Group management, Bash, Firewall, Apache, Volume Groups, LVM, NFS, FTP, SAMBA, SSH, DHCP, DNS, VERITAS Cluster Server(VCS), Windows Server 2003 Active Directory, Kickstart server, TCP/IP, IP addressing & Sub netting, routing.