- 7+ years of strong software development industry experience specializing in the Automating, Configuring and Deployment, Systems Administration and Cloud computing
- Extensive Experience in Amazon AWS cloud which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Expertise in DevOps with PUPPET, CHEF, AWS (OPS work)
- Extensively Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments working on tools like Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Extensive Experience in configuring network services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, send mail, ftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Designed high availability (HA) applications on AWS across Availability Zones and Availability Regions.
- Extensive Knowledge of puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell scripting (kasha, Bash), Python, Ruby, PHP PERL.
- Extensively Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef
- Experienced in Administration for various environments in software development life cycle (SDLC) Windows, Ubuntu, and involved in developing manifests.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Extensive experience with software Build automation and standardization tools like ANT, Maven.
- Install and configure the Rabbit MQ environment for the Analytics and setup the supervisor for managing process availability.
- Virtualized the servers on AWS using the Docker, created the Docker files and version control, Built various containers using Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services oriented environments for
- Experience in working as Devops Engineer for release automation to achieve continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI and CD)
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, Puppet.
- Experience with no sql databases like Hadoop, Mongo DB and Cassandra.
- Experience in administering Linux and have experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery, Maintenance, and Support.
- Experience in installing Firmware Upgrades, Kernel patches, system configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Good knowledge of Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB with PL/SQL. Ability to write PL/SQL queries to validate data in the backend.
- Excellent communication team membership and relationship management skills.
- Extensive experience on working as the Production Support (24*7) Issues to provide the short and long - term solutions.
- Worked on ESXi, vCenter, VCOPS, Zenoss, splunk, website pulse, spectrum, strata, oracle, oracle apps, bigdata, splunk, linux, portals, DNS, security, vcloud, rabbit mq, apache, UCS servers, Men and Mice etc.
- Use of Sumologic, AppDynamics, Jira, Confluence and Hipchat for bug tracking, documentation and troubleshooting of cloud based applications.
- Strongexperience on DevOps essential tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Subversion (SVN), GIT, Hudson, Jenkins, Ant, Maven and migrated VMWAREVMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3, Route53, ELB, EBS.
- Virtualized the servers using Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Trained staff on effective use of Jenkins, Docker, GitLab and Kubernetes
- Containerized all the Ticketing related applications- SpringBoot Java and Node.Js applications using Docker
Application/Web Servers: Tomcat, BEA Web Logic Server, IBM WebSphere7.0.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL server 2000, DB2
Tools: Sql Developer, WCM, IBM Tealeaf, IBM Thread Dump Analyser
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1RT, 10, UNIX, MAC, Windows server 2008 R2, 2012 R2
SCM Tools: GIT, VSS, CVS, StarTeam, IBM RTC
Build Configuration: Maven and Ant
DevOpsTools: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Kickstart, Terraform
Sr. DevOps/Cloud/AWS Engineer
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, VPC, Glacier, Route53, S3, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, WAF, SNS and IAM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, Load balancing and auto-scaling in designing, Deploying and configuring.
- Involved in Agile process, by-weekly Sprints and, daily Scrums to discuss the progress
- Involved in Implementation of various AWS cloud Application & deployment using Amazon EC2, S3, RDS (MySQL), Elastic load balancing, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Elastic Block Storage, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Watch, Identity Access Management, Implementing Virtual cloud platforms using Amazon Virtual Private Cloud.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion
- Migrated on premises MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Cassandra Databases to AWS using Amazon RDS and DynamoDB.
- Created automation and deployment templates for Relational and NOSQL databases (standalone and RDS), including Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and MariaDB in AWS.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- The Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the AMI baked in. Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI's to a single bare metal host running Docker
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code
- Managed Nodes, Run lists, roles, environments, data bags, cookbooks, recipes in Chef.
- Installed Chef in and created POC for using chef as configuration management tool and orchestrationWriting Chef cookbooks, recipes, roles and data bags and uploading them on to the chef server for the instances that configured with the changes pick up the latest code.
- Experience with Test kitchen for testing the chef cookbooks locally before deploying.
- Implementing and setting up AWS security groups for AWS Instances on AWS Environment.
- Implementing and setting up Route 53 for AWS Web Instances & ELB & Cloud Front on AWS Environment.
- Deploying and maintaining production environment using AWS EC2 instances and ECS with Docker
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to Web Logic Application servers in an agile continuous integration process and automated the whole process
- Hands on experience in automating builds and deployment process using Shell scripting.
- Experienced with Networking services in AWS like Route tables, Internet gateway, virtual gateway customer gateway, VPN, VPC peering.
- Implementing and setting up S3 SYNC between AWS Instances and S3 on AWS Environment.
- Configuring Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using cloud formation Installed, configured and maintained Apache Tomcat Web Server/JBOSS.
- Store, manage & Monitor applications on S3 storage, including accessibility, Cross Region Replication and create and monitor Events, using Goldbrick Explored and s3cmd CLI.
- Automated applications and MySQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitor them using Nagios
- Configured and managed AWS Glacier, to move old data to archives based on the retention policy of databases/ applications (AWS Glacier Vaults)
- Provided security and managed user access and quota using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), including creating new Policies for user management in JSON.
- Create Auto-scaling group and setup suspend process resume process for all applications.
- VPC migration from Production environment to other environments like NON-PROD, SIT, INT
- Work with python Boto3 SDK to automate backups to S3.
- Skills Used -Unix bash scripting, unix terminal, SSH, UAA, Cloud Foundry,
- Environment: GitHub, JENKINS, Shell, Perl, Apache, Ant, Maven, Nexus, Unix, AWS (EC2 and S3), Splunk, puppet.
DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
- Automated the front-ends platform into highly scalable, consistent, repeatable infrastructure using high degree of automation using Puppet and Cloud Formation.
- Involved in defining, documenting, negotiating and maintaining Product/Application Release Roadmap.
- Developed Bash and python Scripts for the manual deploying the code to the different environments and updating the team after the completion of the build successfully
- Responsible for all aspects of regular (planned) and emergency patch releases.
- Creating & conducting walkthroughs of 'Deployment Plans' for complex large-scale Releases including Mock Deployments in Pre-Prod environments & Production Installations.
- Involved in identifying build errors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis. Work and coordinate with them to get the fix in the release.
- Working with an agile development team to deliver an end-to-end CI/CD product in an open source environment using Run Deck and to get the job done.
- Practical understanding and experience in scaling Puppet with 1000's of agents and few puppet servers.
- Testing Puppet modules with rspec-puppet and Docker containers before uploading to puppet server.
- Setup ANT script based jobs in Jenkins and Worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Performed AWS Cloud administration managing EC2 instances, S3, SES and SNS services.
- Wrote Puppet manifests in Ruby for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Maven scripts (pom. xmls) were used to build the packages.
- Automated Build/Releases and Deployment tasks with jenkins using Artifactory.
- Server migration using cloud servers like AWS from physical to cloud environment.
- Experience on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM)
- Analysis of Automated Weekly Instance usage reports and choose the right instance type for applications based on the Network I/O, CPU utilization and RAM
- Took Lead on troubleshooting most of the AWS services.
- Involved in maintaining the services like RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to build on demand EC2 instance formation in our specified VPC
- Environment: Artifactory, GIT, ANT/Maven, Jenkins, Docker, AWS Cloud Formation, Puppet
Build and Release Engineer
- Develop tools to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of a large-scale AWS Linux environment.
- Provide direct server support during deployment and general production operations.
- Experience in setting up Jenkins continuous build integration system.
- Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects.
- Working on build Systems such as Make, Maven.
- Build and configured Jenkins slaves for parallel job execution.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for continuous integration and performed continuous deployments.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT
- Implemented Continuous deployment (CD) push button deploys using Jenkins
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins
- Setup Jenkins push button deploy to integration, staging and, productions environments.
- Prepare specs for new infrastructure and VMware servers, disk storage, and network switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN's.
- Troubleshoot and resolve build issues (J2EE/Android builds) ; Create and maintain build scripts and processes for full and incremental daily debug/release builds as well as production level software releases.
- Automate network configuration management for all cloud environments.
- Deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, tune multi-tier, distributed, cloud-based appliance performance, simplify administration, and facilitate deployment automation.
- Upgraded and maintained Maven, Nexus.
- Performed setup of clustered environment setups with WebSphere Application Server.
- Implemented GitLab for version control of puppet modules and process documentation.
- Develop a PowerShell script to automate Active Directory and server tasks and Generate reports for administrators and management.
- Performed configuration, deployment and support of cloud services including Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS MySQL DB cluster.
- Implemented AWS High-Availability using AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), which performed a balance across instances in multiple Availability Zones.
- Experience working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Utilizing Cloud Watch and Logic Monitor to monitor resources such as EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS, and S3 etc.
- Created Snapshots and Amazon Machine Images (AMI's) of EC2 Instance for snapshots.
- Environment: Git, AWS, Jenkins, Nagios, MySQL, Maven, Nexus, Apache, Tomcat
Build and Release Engineer
- System Installation and configuration (RHEL, Solaris, Windows Servers)
- Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management and reporting tools.
- Account, user and group administration, Permissions policy management and quota implementation.
- System performance monitoring, tuning and log management.
- TCP/IP Networking troubleshooting and Linux Network Administration.
- Worked closely with network/incident analysts and IC analysts to monitor current attack and threat information to identify.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on following services:
- DHCP: Range of IP, Assigning fixed IP to MAC address.
- SSH: Configuring Servers, password-less authentication configuration.
- NFS: Configuration, administration, on demand mounting.
- NIS: Server and client configuration.
- DNS: Server configuration and maintenance.
- HTTPD: Apache web server maintenance, installation, configuration, managing web hosting including name-based, secure and private site, monitoring web server performance, certificate generate, security checks and periodic upgrades, manage user accounts, back up.
- E-mail: Postfix, Dovecot configuration, user management, relay, alias, Procmail configuration.
- Implemented and maintained server virtualization using VMware, ESXi and Oracle Virtual Manager.
- Coordinated with application team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with JBoss servers.
- Installation and configuration of database systems e.g. MySQL, Oracle.
- Involved in creating virtual machine using Oracle Virtual Manager, creating server pool, VM cloning.
- System monitoring and remote connection management using telnet and SSH connections.
- Involved in setup Storage Area Network (SAN) and NAS and file system backup and restore.