- 8+ Years of diversified IT industry experience with expertise in middleware administration (Weblogic, Websphere, JBOSS, Apache, and Tomcat servers), and experience with Software Configuration Management/DevOps, Build & Release operations, Ansible, build methodologies, build verification testing, and support processes compliance.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration, Trouble - Shooting and Maintenance of BEA WebLogic Server 7.0/8.1/9.x/10.x/11g/12c, JBOSS 4.x/5.x/6.x/7.x, Tomcat, iplanet Web Server, Apache Web Server on different UNIX flavors and environments.
- Expertise in Software Configuration Management (SCM) including, Build and Release, Base/UCM ClearCase, Subversion (SVN), GIT Implementation, Process implementation, Software Integration, Administration, ClearQuest, ClearCase Automation design and Coding.
- Expert in Perl, shell scripting and build automation tools ANT, Maven and MS Build development in UNIX, Linux and Windows environment.
- Implements and administers JBOSS EAP 6.x, Oracle WebLogic environment including
- Experience in Configuration and release management in DevOps support model using tools such as Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible and Chef.
- Create Chef Recipes, automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Good Knowledge on Configuration, Administration and Maintenance of CI tools Jenkins/Hudson, Buildforge.
- Configured Web Server plug-ins for application servers (WebLogic and WebSphere); Configured Clustered, load-balancing and fail-over solutions.
- Strong exposure on CI and Nightly builds setup for Agile software development methodology process on Jenkins/Hudson
- Extensive experience in Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting of ApacheWeb Server, Sun One iPlanet Web Server, IBM HTTP
- Extensive experience in production environments, involved performance tuning, tweaking the JVM parameter, Threads, size of the connection pools. Jetty is a Java HTTP (Web) server and Java Servlet container and Jetty Support in WebLogic Event Server.
- Hands on experience on administrative tools like Administration Console, WLST and Command line interface.
- Expertise in configuring and tuning JMS, JDBC. Managing Security: creating new security realms, groups. Knowledge of updating and configuring SSL Certificates to Web Server & Application Server
- Experience in deploying EJBs, J2EE Applications (JAR, WAR, EAR), monitoring the Application servers, and Web server configuration, troubleshooting performance issues using the Monitoring Tools, Log messages and Log files
- Configured Clusters, Load Balancers, Highly Available and Scalable solutions & Web Server plug-in for WebLogic application server. Experience in Performance Tuning and Capacity Planning
- Experience in administering load balancers (F5), network routing protocols, and Firewalls.
- Configured multiple Weblogic Domains which includes NodeManagers and Managed Servers in multifarious environments
- Experience in finding the Memory Leaks and adjusting the JVM Heap Sizes and GC Parameters
- Experience in working with development teams to troubleshoot server related application issues, performance issues and application performance tuning
- Expertise in using WLST, ANT& Jython Scripting for Automation, Configuration, Deployment and Runtime Environment changes
- Hands on experience in complete Software Analysis and SDLC.Experience in profiling Java applications using tools such as JProbe, Optimize IT etc. Expertise in deploying applications in Production, maintaining Documentation and support Best Practices
- Well versed with UNIX (Sun Solaris), Red Hat Linux, IBM AIX and Windows
Web/Application Servers: BEA/Oracle Weblogic Server 8.1/9.x/10.x/11g/12c, IBM WebSphere 6.1/7.0, SunOne iPlanet Web Server 6.1, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS 4.x/5.x/6.x
Integrated development: Eclipse2.3, Rational Application Developer7.0, Microsoft Visual Studio
Programming Languages and Scripts: Shell scripting (Korn, bash), PYTHON, JACL/JYTHON, Java, Servlets, JDBC, JSP, ASP, Enterprise Java Beans, XML, XSL, DOM & SAX Parsers, SSO, JBOSS, JNDI, IIOP, JMS, LDAP
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, SQL Server/DB2
Build Tools: MAVEN, ANT, Ansible
DevOps: Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Subversion (SVN), GIT
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Anthill Pro, Bamboo
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, Redmine, Junit, Test Flight, and Test Rail
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Methodologies, Waterfall
Project Management Tools: MS Project, Atlassian Tools
Operating System: UNIX, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, IBM AIX and Windows NT/2000/XP
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. DevOps/AWS System Engineer
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end server.
- Configuring and managing computers using Ansible.
- Multi-node software development, ad hoc task execution and also configuration management using Ansible.
- Experience in automated deployment of EC2 instances in data centers and availability zones.
- Used security groups to develop a logical firewall to ensure high security for control applications.
- Used Amazon IAM to grant fine access of AWS resources to users. Also managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Enabling customers to better manage software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Ansible and GitHub.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component Ant projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Integrated Subversion (SVN) into Hudson / Jenkins to automate the code check-out process
- Experience in working with Selenium IDE and Selenium Web Driver using testing.
- Software Build and Deployment: Performed regular software release build and deployment based on defined process and procedure, including J2EE, UNIX Scripts, Oracle PL/SQL build and deployment. Managed, maintained and deployed to test, acceptance and PROD environments.
- Automating The Build process using Subversion (SVN), and ANT.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances
- Using Docker in Environment variables, Configuration files, Option types and Strings & integers.
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups.
- Developed and scheduled bash shell scripts for various activities (deployed environment verification, running database scripts, file manipulations, Subversion (SVN) etc.,)
- Backed up and restored configurations and data of various tools (Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, WAS), databases (oracle, db2) and servers (windows, RHEL) as required.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment
- Converting production support scripts to chef.
- Testing of cookbooks with chef-spec.
- Performed DevOps for Linux, Mac and Windows platforms
- Design, develop and implement an automated Linux (Centos, Amazon) infrastructure using Collective and AWS and move existing applications off windows seamlessly to it while aggressively growing.
- Created the Clustering Topology in WebSphere Application Server ND V6.x to achieve Work Load Management (WLM), High availability, Load Balancing and Hardware fail over.
- Configuration of Hudson along with Ant and Jython Scripts for Automated build and deployment Process.
- Involved in deploying the content Cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS. Evaluate Chef and Puppet framework and tools to automate the Cloud deployment and operations.
- Administration of VSS 2005, TFS 2008/10/12 and managed SQL 2005/2008 and Windows 2005/2008/2010 servers.
- Worked on build tasks using Maven, Ant, Gradle and GNU Make files and worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Extensively used Perforce as a Configuration Management tool to manage source code
- Integrated Build dependencies and dependency blocking strategy in Bamboo.
- Developed Puppet Modules for installation & Auto healing of various tools like Jenkins, Nolio agents, MSSQL, Nexus etc. these modules are designed to work on both windows and Linux platforms.
- Expert in installing and configuring Continuous Integration tools such as Bamboo, Build Forge, AnthillPro, Cruise Control and Hudson for build and deployment automation.
- Troubles hooted build issues, MS Build and TFS Build.Proj file changes, issues related to TFS application SharePoint, Reports, TFSv by Permission, and Build server etc.
Environment: SVN (Subversion), Anthill Pro, ANT, NAnt, and Maven, Chef, Puppet, Devops, Ansible, TFS, Jenkins, Clear case, MS Build, Unix, Linux, Perl, Bash, Jython, Python, Ruby, Cruise control, AWS, MongoDB, Chef, Sonar, SharePoint, Bamboo, Hudson, Git, JIRA, Shell Script, WebSphere, Selenium.Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. DevOps/System Engineer & Build and Release Engineer
- Involved in Create/Enhance/automate build and deployment processes for each release and backup, restore and upgrade.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef.
- Supporting code for infrastructure to deploy and cloud management using Saltstack.
- Maintaining open source management and remote execution by Saltstack.
- Managing nodes over SSH and over powershell using Ansible.
- Setup and Configure the continuous build system using Hudson/Jenkins and running automation smoke / nightly test suites.
- Worked in Installation, Migration, Integration, Implementation, Release and building of products.
- Maintained and executed build scripts using Maven by coordinating with development and quality assurance teams.
- Administered Jenkins, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast Paced Engineering Environment.
- Written Jacl, Ant Scripts for Automating ear deployments and configuration of Weblogic server for all J2EE applications
- Created Subversion repositories and maintained scripts for creating users with authentication.
- Debugged performance related issues with Ant/Maven scripts and helped improved the build process.
- Developed ant scripts to support multiple OS and Application servers.
- Developed numerous Tools in Perl, and python to automate the build and release processes.
- Created and managed of all source code repositories, management security model, backup / restore of the source code repositories, and upgrading the version control system
- Implemented Jira with Maven2 release plug-in for tracking bugs and defects
- Automated deployment activities with Shell scripts and Chef recipes
- Created Application Server, nodes at a cell level, created clusters, defined DataSources for Database connectivity in Weblogic
- Administered SVN/GIT repositories and managed account administration, branching, merging, patch fixes and snapshots.
- Setup and configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Release Management.
Environment: Apache, ANT, Maven, Nexus,Perl Script, Korn Shell scripting, Jenkins, Ansible, Buildforge, Visual Build Professional, UNIX, SVN/GIT, Windows XP, Java (GUI), VS, HTML, XML, Oracle 11g.Confidential, Plano, TX
- As JBOSS Administrator, perform, monitor and manage upgrades, deployments and other changes to the servers and applications.
- Participated in Migration undergoing from JBoss 4 to Weblogic or JBoss 4 to JBoss 6
- Installed, Configured and administered WebLogic server 10.3.6 for development, testing and production environment on RHEL 6.4 platform.
- Migrated applications from Weblogic server 9.x to Weblogic server 10.x.
- Deployed different Java J2EE applications like WAR, JAR and EAR on both stand alone and clustered environment.
- Installed and configured Apache 2.2 with Oracle WebLogic Application server.
- Configured and administered JNDI, JDBC Connection Pools, Multi Pools and Data Sources on WebLogic Server.
- Configured JMS Server, Connection Factory, Topic/Queue, FileStore, Database Store and Distributed destinations.
- Maintaining Devops systems and Built & release engineering.
- Configured clusters for high availability, load balancing and failover.
- Configured and set up Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) for data encryption and client authentication and Two Way SSL.
- Analyzed the parameters of garbage collection and Heap size for performance tuning of JVM.
- Installed and configured JBoss 6.2 in local machine during JBoss 4.3 to JBoss 6.2 application server migration.
- Analyzed Heap Dump to find memory leak.
- Integrated Siteminder with WebLogic server for single-sign-on.
- Wrote Shell scripts, Ant scripts and WLST scripts for the automatic startup and shutdown, backup and recovery process of managed servers.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of JBoss 5.0/5.1/5.5 & JBoss 6.2 versions on Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) environment.
- Installed and Configured Apache Webserver 2.2
- Installed VeriSign SSL certificates on Apache Webserver2.2 for secured application.
- Configured and monitored application servers in Production on WILY Introscope 7.0\BIG IP F5 load balancing.
- Involved in Configuration management, Software deployment, Change management, Performance monitoring and Application maintenance.
- Monitoring the error logs, fixing the problems and tuning parameters in WebLogic environment.
- Involved with the developers in trouble shooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in Production on 24/7 schedule.
Environment: Weblogic 9.x/10.3.6/11g, JBOSS 4.x/5.x/6.x, Apache Web Server 2.2, RHEL 6.4 Apache Web Server Plug-in, JDK 1.x, Siteminder, Wily Introscope, JDBC, JNDI, J2EE, JMS, SSL, EJB, JSP, Servlets, WLST, ANT, Unix Shell Script, Oracle 10g/11gR2.Confidential, Texas Austin, TX
- Performed lead position in project which had Involved in migrating Weblogic 9.x/10.x to JBoss 6.x on RHEL.
- Installation, Administration and Configuration of WebLogic Application Server 8.1/10.x with backend like DB2, Oracle 10g, Sybase Gateway, IBM MQ, WebMethods and other local system.
- Installation and configuration of Apache Tomcat Server 5.x, 6.x and Sun ONE (iPlanet) Web Server
- Configured Connection Pools in JBoss and monitored them.
- Writing Ant/WLST/Python script to stop/start weblogic servers/cluster, deployment of code.
- Manually performed J2EE application deployment using jboss console and administration including JAR, WAR, and EAR files.
- Configuring Webservices in Weblogic server for remote application access of SOAP calls to other application in different domain.
- Created WebLogic Domains with Clustered Managed Server for Development, QA, Performance, Production/Disaster Recovery environment and maintaining domains for different Project for each environment.
- Experience in system administration, configuration and production support of JBoss Application Server with experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting and administering JBOSS Application Server on Linux Environments and Windows Environment
- Automated WAR deployment procedure in production environment running on JBOSS EAP 5.x using UNIX shell script.
- Involved in setup of Jconsole on tomcat farm for monitoring and analyzing the statistics.
- Installed and configured CA Siteminder for Apache web Server to enable SSO (single sign-on) in various applications for different environments
- Involved in partial setup of Wily Introscope 7.2/8.0, installing Wily Agent on weblogic servers and creating dashboard for monitoring CPU usage and Weblogic statistic.
- Coordinating with internal DNS and external DNS team for setup of different internal and external domains.
- Make myself available to application architect to provide Weblogic infrastructure support and creating Weblogic Portal as frontend and other application installed on Weblogic Server as backend calls.
- Was involved in Migration for connection pool drivers for oracle db from Type-2 to Type-4.
- Working with infrastructure team to deliver environments for each project release on time.
- Involved in Disaster Recovery/ Fail over events testing and making sure Disaster Recovery environment is well available in case Production environment has any issues.
- Involved in trouble shooting production issues and opening case/ticket with Oracle/BEA for any critical issue.
- Co-ordinate with networking team to setup the internet facing websites, configure firewall rules and load balancers.
- Applying patches to weblogic servers and update the servers to latest patch version.
- Involved in creating SSL certs and renewing certificates for apache, iplanet.
- Preparing documents for Production implementation for all Project releases.
- Available as on call for 24*7 Production support.
Environment: SUN Solaris 7, 8, RHEL 5, Weblogic 10.3.4, 9.0, Application Server, Apache tomcat 5.x, 6.x, apache 2.x, iPlanet 4.1, Shell Scripting, Oracle 9i, Unix, IBM-AIX, SSL - SAN, OIM 11g, RSA-CLEARTRUST web agent 4.7, 4.9. F5 and viprion Load balancers, Apache Archiva, Firewall,Confidential
System Admin/SCM/Build and Release Engineer
- Install, configure and administration of BEA WebLogic Application Server on SUN Solaris and Windows environment.
- Maintained BEA WebLogic Application Server on different UNIX platforms and have setup development, testing, staging and production environments for the ongoing application development.
- Installed Weblogic servers, configured domains for deploying retail applications.
- Installation, Configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining the Weblogic and Apache web server.
- Working on Daily builds Using Shell Script and Ant Script to extract code from Version Control.
- Deployed applications (Service center etc.) on multiple Weblogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionality.
- Created the connection pools, various data sources, JMS connection Factories, Queues and topics.
- Configured Execute Threads, Connection Pools and JMS Bridges etc. for different components of the retailed applications.
- Configured BEA Weblogic 9.2 on a single Server and cluster environment.
- Managed and Monitored JVM performance by Web logic Heap Size, garbage collection, JDBC Pools.
- Deployed WARs, EARs using WebLogic Admin Console as well as running scripts.
- Provided WLST (Jython script) and configuring various WebLogic components/services via Jython script.
- Responsible for Development, UIT, SYTEM, UAT, STAGING Builds and Releases.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar).
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Enforced automation in build and deployment procedures, executed code builds and deployment activities.
- Deployed built artifacts to Websphere application server using maven and python scripts
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion (SVN) Repositories.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using Tortoise SVN.
Environment: Weblogic 9.2, JBOSS, iPlanet4.1, Sun One6.1, Sun Solaris, Windows (95, 98, NT, 2000, XP),wily Interscope, Shell Scripting, Oracle 9i, Subversion, Oracle Weblogic, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Perl Script, bash Shell scripting