- 8 Years of experience as DevOps/Build and Release Engineer in solving complex problems with creative solutions, supporting development, Deployment operations in different environments.
- Administration on various environments in software development life cycle, Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Worked on source control tools like GIT, perforce on UNIX & Windows Environments migrated SVN repositories to GIT and integrated Eclipse IDE with different versioning tools like Subversion and GIT.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Worked in SCM tools - Chef and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Experience in several AWS services EC2, VPC, S3, Cloud Watch, Auto scaling configurations etc.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Bamboo and Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience with and thorough understanding of automated implementation/deployment of a cloud based infrastructure (Web apps, Application Service Environments, firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security, AD, DNS etc.)
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Expertise with configuration management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Deploying Micro services in Dev & QA environment using AWS ECS and Docker.
- Migrating servers, databases, and applications from on premise to AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge in various configuration and automation management tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP, and HTTPS.
- Extensive experience in Atlassian, ticketing and tracking tools like JIRA, REMEDY, ClearQuest, Redmine, Bugzilla for Production hotfixes and bugfixes.
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL Server DB Tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space alterations, user management etc.).
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Experience in Designing and deploying AWS solutions using EC2 instances, EBS.
- Experience in working on Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Puppet, Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications.
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through Aws Console and API Integration with Puppet Code.
- Used scripting languages like Python, Perl, Bash and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet and CF
- Engine and Web Service like AWS.
- Ability in execution of XML, ANT Scripts, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache HTTPS, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, send mail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management &Security trouble shooting.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu, Debian, Centos, Windows
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Open stack, Docker, Rack space, Container,Apigee
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, ORACLE, Oracle 10g
Monitoring Tools: Cloud Watch, Nagios, Wireshark
Automation and Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, Make file, Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, and Nagios.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet
Virtualization Tools: VMware, Oracle Virtual box, Azure.
Version Control Tools: Eclipse, Jenkins, JIRA, GitHub, SVN, Putty, CVS
Network/Infrastructure: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, ADDS, SAN
Application and webservers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, glassfish
Confidential, Hamilton, N J
Cloud AWS DevOps Engineer
- AWS EC2/VPC/S3/Route53/IAM/Cloud Formation/ELB based infrastructure automation through chef, Vagrant, Bash Scripts.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Setting up apigee proxy API on Azure cloud platform Automating the Apigee installations and work flows.
- Installing the Apigee Edge and monitoring the gateways Developed REST API’s with authentication using Django as a platform Extensive windows and Linux configuration and automation.
- Written and developed Chef Cookbooks from scratch for custom installation of application.
- Wrote GROOVY/Unix scripts to configure resources and Servers.
- Automation of infrastructure by creating scripts of Chef.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, and Rundeck and to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks.
- Create release pipelines using GIT, Chef for automatic workflow.
- Created Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines for the build and deployment automation in place.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks
- Performed deployment of Amazon EC2 instances in AWS environment. Performed EC2 instances provisioning on AWS environment and implemented security groups, administered VPCs.
- Used AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Worked on Docker-Compose and Docker-Machine.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Build deployments on Docker containers.
- Dockerized CI/CD tools (JENKINS and GIT lab).
- Implemented Docker to provision slaves dynamically as needed. Created and Maintained Docker files in Source Code Repository build images and ran containers for applications and testing purposes. Creating and handling multiple Docker images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Worked on migrating and managing multiple applications from on premise to cloud using AWS services like S3, Glacier, EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, SES, Cloud Formation, VPC etc.
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Maven over diff erent environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated and repeatable enabling teams to safely deploy code many times a day while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
- Design and document CI/CD tools configuration management.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to Git triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Build and Deployment CI/CD Pipelines.
- Implemented CI/CD for database using Jenkins and U Deploy
- Performed SVN to GIT/Bit Bucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT flow workflow. Managed User access control, Triggers, workflows, hooks, security and repository control in Bitbucket.
- Created, Configured and Administered Jenkins servers with Master-slave configurations as needed.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning; Created roles, cookbooks, recipes, and data bags for server configuration, deployment, and app stack build outs.
Environment: AWS, ANT, Jenkins, Git, Web Sphere, JBoss Application Servers, Apache Tomcat, Agile/Scrum, Chef, SDLC, Docker, Windows, Linux, CentOS.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Managed UNIX’s server services such as Bind DNS, Puppet, Postfix, Apache web server, Tomcat and MYSQL.
- Maintaining the infrastructure (servers for different data centers) using OpenStack. Familiar with OpenStack concepts of user facing availability zones and administrator facing host aggregates.
- Maintaining Source Code Repository using GITHUB and performed different operations like Branching, Merging and Tagging as needed.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Puppet, Bamboo, Open stack in Linux environments.
- Managed Roles and profiles for various technology stacks in Puppet.
- Maintained and enhanced existing Puppet modules to be deployed across various providers and deployment architectures.
- Troubleshooting, event inspection and reporting of various Puppet issues and starting/restarting of Puppet enterprise services.
- Managed Puppet classes, resources, packages, nodes and other common tasks using Puppet console dashboard and live management.
- Implemented Puppet Master, Puppet Console and Puppet Agents, Create Puppet modules and Classes.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects
- Developed and implemented Software Configuration Management strategies for various applications per the agile process.
- Administered and maintained Subversion version control system adhering to the branching policies.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for build and deployment of JAVA code.
- Installed and Administered Jenkins CI for ANT and Maven Builds.
- Experience in User Management and Plug-in Management for Jenkins.
- Used Nexus as Artifact Repository Manager.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Integration, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Involved in Creating and Configuring Different Repositories in Nexus.
- Worked in agile modeled software development life cycle.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology, stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the monthly releases.
- Developed build scripts using ANT as the build tool for the creation of (WAR files) build artifacts.
- Involved in troubleshooting the automation of Installing and configuring JAVA applications in the test and pre-production environments.
- Deployed the archives like war files into the Tomcat Application Server and TC Servers.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT build files in case of project requirement changes.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Ensuring availability of Puppet agents across Linux boxes to ensure configuration management application via Puppet Master.
- Worked on root analysis based on issues raised in systems.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers
- Created and maintained network users, user environment, directories, and security.
Environment: Ant, Maven, Subversion, Puppet, Java, Jenkins, CentOS, Remedy, Artifact Repository, Nexus, Tomcat, Linux.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for various applications according to agile process
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Deployed java applications to application servers in agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Experience in in Designing and deploying AWS solutions using EC2 instances, EBS. Experience working with continuous delivery and build clouds with open stack and AWS.
- Responsible for Open stack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems and developer tools.
- Designed and Developed Jenkins build deployments.
- Managed Sonatype Nexus repositories to download the artifacts (jar, war & ear) during the build.
- Used Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization. Worked on maintaining Docker Images and containers.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project environments.
- Installed and configured GIT and GITHUB.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Hands on configuration management using Chef.
- Configured and monitored multiple servers using Chef. Defined Chef Server and Workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on premise/workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Used Chef and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Used JIRA for change control and ticketing.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT and production according to the build life cycle. Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Documented the entire build and release process and provided support.
- Developed, maintained and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Kept track of all releases and request of the developers through infrastructure management tool.
Environment: Subversion, GIT, GITHUB, Docker, Open stack, Shell scripts, Perl scripts, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Chef, JIRA, Nexus Maven, LINUX, UNIX, Windows XP.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Responsible for Development, UIT, SYTEM, UAT, STAGING, PRODUCTION Builds and Releases.
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Documentation of detailed build configuration, Build procedures, schedule build calendars and change history for releases.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Responsible for maintenance of the GITRepositories which includes Jenkins Integration, creating pull requests, code reviews, branching, merging and transitioning JIRA issues.
- Managed GIT and Bitbucket repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using GIT.
- Involved in the product release activities, including Change Control Management, Release Management, Defect tracking using Clear Quest tool and Version Management using SVN tool.
- Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Ant, MS Build and Subversion(SVN).
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the CVS/Subversion(SVN) repositories and the access control strategies.
- Created the branches in CVS and Subversion(SVN) to implement the parallel development process.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in both CVS and Subversion(SVN).
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Bitbucket management repo.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and also create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments..
- Create Run Deck jobs to integrate with our Jenkins CI process and call Chef on the deployment servers.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus and Continuous delivery environment (puppet, Yum, (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and ANSIBLE.
- Experience in writing ANSIBLE scripts.
- Used Run deck for job scheduling and automation.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager.
- Coordinated application release with Developer, DBA, QA and Project Management teams.
- Verifying the Correct Binaries before releasing to production environment.
- Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- Involved in writing and editing the existing ANT and DOCKER (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT, MAVEN and DOCKER as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Designed workflows, screens, field configurations and components as part of projects definition for JIRA as an administrator.
- Extensive use of Perforce for source code tracking and deployment, and Bugzilla for bug tracking. Environment: SVN, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Web Sphere Application Server (WAS), Web Logic, UNIX, Chef, Perl, Oracle 10g, Bitbucket, JIRA
Build & Release Engineer
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications in Subversion (SVN).
- Performed Configuration Management using Subversion (SVN) and maintaining admin related files.
- Checked in processes using Tortoise SVN as a migration tool.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts that arose during the merge in both Perforce and SVN.
- Generated ANT and UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Incorporated the Code Quality Tools to Find Bugs and Covertures into ANT Projects.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using CI Tools like Hudson, Build Forge and Bamboo.
- Implemented Build Forge in many different environments for defect reproduction.
- Set up the selectors, servers in build forge for various UNIX/Windows servers with successful connections between them.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Setup build forge projects/Environments to integrate it with source code (ClearCase, SVN) and the staging area or Nexus.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Automated the deployment and server bounce process is by creating the scripts using WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST).
- Deployed using Admin console into WebLogic Application Servers.
- Pushed releases to QA, Beta and Production environments.
- Involved in troubleshooting of user interface using JSP.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
Environment: Oracle WebLogic 9.x/10.x, Tomcat, Oracle 11g, LINUX, GIT, Subversion(SVN), Tortoise SVN, ANT, Build-forge, JSP.