- IT professional around 8 years of experience in Software Configuration Management (SCM), DevOps, Deployment & Release management and an AWS early adaptor, worked in many technical roles both in Linux and Windows environment for build and automation process.
- Expertise in improving build & deployment tools in DevOps through automation using scripting.
- Experience in process automation from system administration tasks to Continuous integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- System administration in Red Hat and Debian distributors like Ubuntu, SUSE, Solaris, IBM AIX, EMC storage, ONTAP, AWS.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Updated the Azure instance count for production services of Redbox.
- Extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EC2, RDS, S3, Microsoft Azure, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Expertise in AWS, implementing new instances and working with EBS and S3 storage, IAM.
- Implemented and configured AWS S3 CMD tool and implemented Queues, SQS and use cases in AWS.
- Helped provision and manage AWS Linux servers with Chef and Ansible.
- Strong hands - on experience in working with Jenkins, Repository Manager, Deployments and other related CI/CD tools.
- Good experience in creating nodes for executing numerous jobs for Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience in setting up CRON jobs on production servers by using Jenkins.
- Created an automated application-testing framework for the CD pipeline leveraging Robot Framework integrated with Jenkins & Selenium that increased testing cycles.
- Created machine environments with Chef and deployed cloud with node workstation.
- Written Chef cookbooks and recipes to Provision Several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- Hands on experience with DevOps tools such as Docker.
- Hands on experience with Docker containers to maintain Docker images, Docker hub & registries.
- Docker swarm is integrated with Docker daemon.
- Handled large volumes of container clusters with Docker swarm, kubernetes and mesos.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
Operating Systems: Unix, LINUX and Windows
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, Bitbucket
Build Tools: ANT and Maven
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Concourse, Bamboo
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef and Puppet
Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, ECS, ACS, and GCS
Languages: Repository Managers, Nexus and Arti factory
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Grafana, Nagios, Splunk and Cloud watch
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure and OpenStack
Confidential - Cranston, RI
- Built and developed CI/CD pipeline from scratch and taught the workflow to developers and QA.
- Configured Jenkins as a common build engine to build and deploy applications to DEV, QA, and PROD environments.
- Handled on-prem deployments and achieved system stability for large scale customer environments.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Run dockerized microservices in kubernetes cluster.
- Developed and Implemented kubernetes manifests, helm charts for deployment of microservices into k8s clusters.
- Wrote many python scripts and also implemented automated testing strategy for Robustness, Longevity/Load testing on the systems using Jenkins and Docker.
- Responsible for using AWS Console for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, and Cloud Formation.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on EC2 using Chef Server.
- Evaluating performance of EC2 instances their CPU, Memory Usage and setting up EC2 Security Groups and VPC.
- Managing security groups for EC2 Servers with the AWS CLI.
- Hands on experience in Installing and dealing with troubleshooting Ansible on central nodes and managed hosts.
- Build and Managed GIT repositories for Branching, Merging, and Tagging by using Git Hub.
- Based on the priorities contributed work for fixing the defects that reported in releases.
Environment: Docker, Fleet, Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible, Jenkins, VMware, EsXi, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana, Alert manager, Python, Amazon Web Services, Java/J2EE, UNIX, Ansible, Shell, Perl, IAM,S3, EBS,AWS SDK, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, JSON, Puppet, Chef, GitHub
Confidential - New York, NY
DevOps / AWS engineer
- Implemented the first full stack Enterprise Monitoring Solution; designed, developed, implemented and administered the monitoring tools for networks, systems and applications.
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineered the setup for better user experience, and lead up to building a continuous integration system for all the company’s products.
- Moved applications in traditional datacenter to Amazon Web Services (AWS) as part of the migration project using various AWS Services, such as AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tools.
- Migrated the on premises Oracle database to Amazon RDS using Amazon AWS Data Migration Services (DMS) and AWS Schema Conversion Tool.
- Implemented new AWS instances, worked with EBS and S3 storage, and utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS. Performed application server builds in EC2 environment and monitored them using Amazon Cloud Watch.
- Managed users and groups using the Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments, as well as infrastructure for GIT and Puppet servers.
- Developed Python and Bash scripts to determine the dependencies between servers lying in different component layers of the C&I architecture using Ansible.
- Automated the hardware profiling process in preparation for an organizational data center migration using Ansible.
- Wrote Chef cookbooks and recipes to provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations.
- Developed Chef cookbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat, Splunk, Jenkins, WebLogic, and Deployment automation.
- Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Created security groups and worked with Access Control Lists (ACLs), snapshots and Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Migrated database jobs from development to production environment.
- Implemented the build automation process for all the assigned projects in Vertical Apps domain.
- Integrated GIT with Jenkins to process the deployment with cron jobs.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including ANTs build.xml. Worked with development team to migrate ANT scripts to Maven.
- Implemented continuous delivery pipelines using Docker, Jenkins, Bitbucket and AWS AMIs.
- 100% Automation of test scripts and enabled Production deployment team to execute the same using Jenkins jobs in Production environment.
- Setup a Docker cluster (mesosphere) and kubernetes cluster for testing.
- Worked on Docker and Vagrant for managing different environments by creating virtual Containers through Docker images. Linux container and has the AMI baked in converted our staging and production environment from a handful AMIs to a single bare metal host running Docker. Worked on Docker to create containers for the application using Gradle.
- Installed and configured different Splunk Components like Indexers, Search Heads and Forwarders.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, RDS, AMI, IAM, VPC, Chef, Cassandra, OpenStack, ANT, Maven, Subversion, UNIX, SVN, Docker, JIRA, Python, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Tomcat, Jenkins, Splunk.
Confidential - Collegeville, PA
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and auto scaling groups, optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Created Amazon VPC to create public-facing subnet for webservers with internet access, backend databases and application servers in a private-facing subnet with no internet access.
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and used this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups.
- Utilized Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS. Using Amazon Identity Access Management (IAM) tool created groups and permissions for users to work collaboratively.
- Implementation/setup continuous project build and deployment delivery process using Subversion, Git, Jenkins, IIS and Tomcat.
- Experience with build tools ANT and Maven, writing build.xml and pom.xml respectively.
- Authored pom.xml files, performed releases with the Maven release plug-in and managed Maven repositories. Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR and WAR files.
- Designed and built deployment using ANT/Shell scripting and automated overall process using Subversion and Maven. Implemented continuous delivery frameworks using Jenkins, Chef, Maven and Nexus in Linux environment. Managed the private Cloud environment using Chef.
- Shell scripting automation of MQ, WAS, puppet, foreman Cloud forms.
- Automation of test cases was done by integrating the HP QC plug-in with Jenkins Server which will automate whenever there is latest package available through the CI server.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery frameworks using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Creating Kubernetes clusters new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, RDS, AMI, IAM, VPC, Chef, OpenStack, ANT, Maven, Subversion, UNIX, SVN, Docker, JIRA, Python, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Tomcat, Jenkins, Splunk.
Confidential - San Jose, CA
- Created and deployed builds to different environments based on requests. Converted and automated builds using Maven and ANT. Wrote new ANT scripts to automate build process and modified the existing ones per project guidelines.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects. Designed and maintained the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Integration implementation of Jenkins, uDeploy, JIRA and Crucible for DevOps automation.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds daily and generated change log that included changes happened from last 24 hours. Gained experience in RPM deployment via Chef, build automation through Jenkins, and server management via mod WSGI and Apache.
- Created an automated application-testing framework for the CD pipeline leveraging Robot Framework integrated with Jenkins and Selenium that increased testing cycles.
- Developed and enhanced the automated environment management system using SALT.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server 6.0/7.0, Apache Tomcat installation, VMWare, Red Hat Linux, Windows and JBoss.
- Managed development, test, UAT and PROD servers.
- Installed and managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the repositories.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases. Performance monitoring of RDT connected to Lucent 5ESS switch using T-Berd 224 to induce errors. Maintenance of user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Training classes to fellow and junior engineers on different tools and equipment.
Environment: J2EE, GIT, Jenkins, SVN, Chef, ANT, OpenStack, Maven, Shell (Bash), Apache Tomcat Application Server, Linux, SQL.
Confidential - Kennett Square, PA
Build and Release Engineer
- Server 6.0/6.1 and IBM HTTP Web Server 6.0/6.1, Apache Web Server 2.0 on AIX, Linux and Windows NT/2000/2003 environment.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, the source code.
- Developed REST services and SOAP based web services using JAX-WS, WSDL, XML, XSL, JAXB, and AXIS2. Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tools.
- Used AGILE (Scrum, XP approach) methodology including test-driven and pair-programming concept. Implemented CI/CD best practices in CI/CD to improve code time-to-production systems.
- Installation, configuration and administration of VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5, 6.0, and migrating existing servers into VMware infrastructure.
- Integrated Maven with Perforce to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Maintained and version-controlled Backend Oracle database using SVN/ANT scripts.
- Used Maven to build RPMs from source code checked out from GIT and Subversion repository, with Jenkins being the Continuous Integration Server and Artifactory as repository manager.
- Excellent working experience of GIT branching/tagging, creating new and managing existing Repository, Team Foundation Version Control.
Environment: Subversion, AWS, ANT, Jenkins, Puppet, Maven, Remedy, RHEL, XML, WebLogic, Oracle, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, Nexus.
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- Server builds and deployment (CentOS, RHEL, Solaris) using interactive and advance installation methods (Kickstart and Jumpstart).
- Used the operating systems of Linux Red Hat 5.5 / 6.2 / 6.5, AIX and Solaris for migration.
- Worked with end users during validation of post migrated servers and resolved their issues, like file permissions, and secure keys copied in the right location for password-less access.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers. Installation and configuration of Red Hat virtual servers using ESXi 4/5 and Solaris servers (LDOMS) using scripts and Ops Center.
- Merged the generated reports as per request. Formatted data into required format using UNIX Shell Scripts, SED.
- Created test scenarios for testing NIS, NFS, DNS and other functionality of the OS.
- Installed and maintained web servers JBoss 4.x, Jakarta Tomcat and Apache HTTP (1.3, 2.2) Web server in Red Hat Linux. Implemented open source base monitoring tool Nagios 3.0 for servers, SAN switches, EMC SAN Storage and VMware ESX and ESXi.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities. Proficient DB administration (Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Sybase, SQL) knowledge for maintaining, pruning, and performing required DB tasks. Maintained system security, including password checks, permission scans, implementation of security ensuring tools Linux environment.
- Day-to-day activities included handling security issues like stale UNIX account cleanups, 90-day password changes, setting max age and min age, creating a list of unmask settings for various users. Troubleshot user's login and home directory related issues. Managed (adding/removing) disks and partitions (LVM).
Environment: Red Hat Linux 4/5, Sybase, Sun Solaris 8,9,10 Sun V440, C++, V490 T5220 T5240, Switches, VMware ESX 5.1, Oracle 11, Veritas Cluster Server 5, Veritas Operations Manager.
- Installed and deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.x/7.x and CentOS.
- Installed packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers. Created Kickstart images for the different versions of Red Hat Linux operating system like 5.x and 6.x. Created the server profile, network and SAN virtual configuration using Virtual Connect in Blade Center C7000.
- Configured and administered LDAP, NFS, FTP, SAMBA and POSTFIX servers in RHEL.
- Setup NFS servers, diskless clients and auto clients. Automated the file systems using direct and indirect automount maps. Expertise in security hardening (selinux) major production servers. Compiling, building and installing web server-based Linux tools.
- Shell scripting for database startups and backups using bash Shell scripting.
- Security activities (QEV, Health Checks, ID revalidation, PAR) as per IBM ITCS104.
- Installation, configuration and monitoring of monitoring tools like Nagios, HP SiteScope and Cacti.
- Setup clustering for Linux servers. Fine tuning of servers and configuring networks for optimum performance. Managed and troubleshot issues with load balancers using F5 to balance the load among the application servers.
- Worked with Network Engineers to install, manage and configure NAS based storage, as well as ensure overall system and network security. Created system images with Norton ghost.
Environment: Oracle 8i, Red Hat Linux 3.x, Windows 2000/XP, Veritas Cluster Server 5.