- Over 8 years of professional experience in the areas of Cloud Computing, System Administration, Data Center Operations, Software Configuration Management, Build and Release Management and Linux Administration.
- Experience in working with AWS Cloud administration which includes services like EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, EBS, Elastic Beanstalk, AMI, SNS, RDS, DynamoDB, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Lambda, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation and Security Groups.
- Extensively worked with AWS for deploying EC2 instances consisting of various flavors like Ubuntu server, Amazon Linux AMI, SUSE Linux, Red Hat Linux Enterprise, Microsoft Windows Server.
- Hands - on experience on creating multiple AWS instances, Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Experienced in configuring Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks, VMs, Azure AD, Azure Cosmos DB, ARM templates, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, Azure Active Directory, etc.
- Good knowledge in ARM templates, automated ARM resource creations using ARM templates.
- Proficiency in OpenStack services such as Horizon, Keystone, Nova, Neutron, Glance, Cinder, Ceilometer and Swift.
- Ability to work with version control tools like GIT, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Bitbucket and SVN for branching and maintaining the version across the environments.
- Good knowledge on Linux/Unix, Windows System Administration and applying various DevOps techniques in mixed environments of Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS) and Windows servers.
- Strong knowledge in various strategies of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) in the Software Development Lifecycle(SDLC).
- Experience in Virtualization technologies like VMWare, Vagrant and worked with containerizing applications like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub, Docker Compose, Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience in creating various deployment strategies using Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery with remote execution providing zero downtime as well as shortening automated deployments.
- Highly experienced in working with tools like Jenkins, Hudson, TeamCity and Bamboo for Continuous integration and end to end automation for all build and deployments.
- Strong use of scripting languages like Shell, Bash, Python, Ruby, PERL and PHP.
- Process Automation expertise using scripting tools like batch, PowerShell.
- PowerShell setup and configure pull server, creating custom resources, working with various system modules and configuration.
- Extensive experience with Build automation tools like ANT, MAVEN and Gradle to build deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks and provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for micro services using Ansible.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Boot strapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Highly experienced in working with configuration management tool like Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Experience in administering and maintaining Atlassian products like Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence, JIRA, Trello, Fisheye.
- Hands-on experience in deploying developed code in Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Nginx, WebSphere Application Server(WAS), WebLogic.
- Expertise in configuring the monitoring and alerting tools according to the requirement like AWS CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Dynatrace, Nagios, Splunk Enterprise, Kibana, SNMP monitoring for the VPN connections.
- Deep understanding of the principles and best practices of Scrum, Agile, Kanban, Waterfall methodologies and Software Configuration Management(SCM).
- Highly Experience on working with bug tracking tool like Jira, Bugzilla, ClearQuest.
Cloud Platform: AWS, Microsoft Azure and OpenStack.
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS, SUSE, Debian and Macintosh.
Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo and TeamCity.
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet and SaltStack.
Build & integration Tools: MAVEN, ANT, Gradle.
Virtualization: VMware, Hyper-V, Vagrant, vCenter and vSphere.
Languages/Scripts: Python, Shell, Bash, Ruby, YAML, PHP and Perl.
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker swarm, OpenShift, Mesos.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GIT HUB, TFS, Subversion(SVN), Bit Bucket.
Database Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL, NOSQL.
Database: Oracle DB2, MYSQL, MongoDB 7 SQL server.
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web Sphere.
SDLC: Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, Waterfall model.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK, Kibana, New Relic.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Creating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS environment, also handling CloudWatch, Elastic Search and managing security groups on AWS.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create Amis for mission critical production servers for backup and maintained the user accounts IAM, RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Used Terraform to set up the AWS infrastructures such as launching the EC2 instances, S3 buckets objects, VPC, Subnets, etc.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS AMI’s, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Creating CloudWatch alerts for instances and using them in Auto scaling launch configurations.
- Developed Shell/Python and PowerShell scripts for automated deployments on Windows environments.
- Worked on installing of Docker using Docker toolbox and worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Worked with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Experienced in Installing, Configured and management in Ansible Centralized Server (Tower) and creating the playbooks to support various middleware application servers, and involved in configuring the Ansible tower as a configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points, packages and Worked on playbooks for Ansible in YAML.
- Involved in Configuration Automation and Centralized Management with Ansible, Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Installed packages on remote Agent less nodes through Ansible playbooks with Ansible roles.
- Configured ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Logstash to output data to AWS S3.
- Created and maintained Python scripts for automating build and deployment process and creating web based Application by using Django Framework.
- Designed, installed, administered, and optimized hybrid cloud components to ensure business continuity.
- Created Chef Cookbooks and wrote recipes in Ruby Script to install and configured Infrastructure across environments and automated the process using Python Script.
- Utilize Nagios based Open Source monitoring tools to monitor Linux Cluster nodes configured using Red Hat Cluster Suite.
- Used Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images. Also, familiarity with Docker Swarm.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operation.
- Assisted with review, documentation and recommendations for system acquisitions, planning and selection of operating systems software and hardware.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups and optimized volumes, EC2 instances), VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups. VMware, Jenkins, Docker, Docker containers, kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, YAML scripting, Ruby Scripts, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, GIT, TeamCity, JIRA, RPM/YUM, Apache and MySQL database. JBoss, Apache, WebLogic, Tomcat and WebSphere, Nginx, NetApp storage LUNs to the Red Hat Linux servers.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Configuring, automation and maintaining CI/CD tools Bitbucket, Bamboo, ANT, Maven, Docker-registry/daemon, Nexus and JIRA for Multi-Environment with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AZURE cloud platform.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Established connection from Azure to On-premise datacenter using Azure ExpressRoute for Single and Multisubscription connectivity.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Deployed applications on multiple web servers, maintained Load balancing, high availability by using Azure platform.
- Designed and implemented Azure Cloud Infrastructure using ARM templates, runbooks, automation and provisioning process.
- Written Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via terraform.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra and MongoDB in AWS.
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks, Subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Debugging Chef Recipes and their execution trying to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef, Python and ARM templates.
- Build & automate infrastructure deployments in Azure cloud using PowerShell.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for installing Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere and WebLogic for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Implemented and maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several environments in Vagrant and the AWS cloud.
- Involved in Setting up Chef Workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes, setting up keys.
- Played a key role in converting 300+ existing Jenkins jobs into the new pipeline process.
- Prepared document on process of migrating Bamboo jobs from development environment to production server.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Developed Shell/Python and PowerShell scripts for automated deployments on Windows environments.
- Implemented several Tomcat Instances by using the Docker engine for running several Containerized App Servers.
- Installed and configured Confluence as the enterprise wiki to document development and change management procedures.
- Integration with Splunk for API traffic monitoring and health checks.
Environment: Red hat Linux, Bitbucket, AWS, AZURE, ARM, Chef, puppet, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Bamboo, Confluence, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform, Kubernetes, ANT, Maven, Ruby, Shell, Python, WebLogic Server, Load Balancers, WLST, Apache Tomcat, Virtualization, Configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server 2.4, Nginx, JDK, XML, Nagios, Splunk.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Installed, Configured, Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams. Written modules to install and configure Apache, Tomcat.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool. Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Automating existing manual deployments using Jenkins, Hudson and Build Forge Helped to design and deploy a VMWare based private cloud.
- Worked on SDN to achieve Simplify Provisioning Optimize performance, Granular policy management.
- Creating and maintaining various DevOps related tools for the team such as provision scripts, Deployment tools and staged virtual environment.
- Responsible for managing Jenkins jobs and reports, identifying failures and fixing issues.
- Configuring and implemented OpenStack Nova to provision virtual machines on KVM for compute. Designed and implemented OpenStack Keystone to provide unified authentication between OpenStack Nova, Swift and Glance APIs using IDM solution and hybrid drivers.
- Designed and implemented the OpenStack Neutron API with the SDN controller application to create a virtual network overlay on the Cisco Nexus 5000, 7000 and 9000 switches.
- Provide SME in all areas of Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) to existing and perspective clients on multiple cloud platforms, vSphere/Cloud Stack/AWS and various PaaS platforms.
- Created and maintained network users, user environment, directories, and security. Provided support for building server, deployment, user administration tasks, patching, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Installed and configured ISCSI Utility on Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04/Centos 6.4 server for Network Attached Storage. Setup a domain and Active directory on Windows 2008 server
- Configure Apache web server on Solaris, install and configure samba server for quick publishing using third-party web page maker.
- Implemented Virtualization using VMware, Hyper-V.
- Performed maintenance activities in a large environment composed of a mix of different UNIX/Linux, platforms and configurations. Troubleshooting hardware, software and network related problems.
- Installed, deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Built a data warehousing system to load raw application log files into a MySQL database for our analytics team for in depth analysis. Developed a suite of business intelligence reports that ran on a nightly basis to feed information to management.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups and optimized volumes, EC2 instances), VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups. VMware, vSphere, Jenkins, Docker, UNIX / LINUX, Maven, ANT, Ruby Scripts, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, GIT, TeamCity, JIRA, RPM/YUM, Apache and MySQL database. JBoss, Apache, WebLogic, Tomcat and WebSphere.
Confidential, Columbia, MO
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution and maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Worked closely with the development and operations organizations to implement the necessary tools and process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure using Chef.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat.
- Experience on Change, Configuration, Release & Build Management and Administration of applications in database, client/server and Web/Internet environments under Unix/NT/2000 platforms.
- Worked with version control tools like SVN, GitHub for branching, Tagging, merging and releasing activities.
- Designed and implemented internal Linux infrastructure, perform software installation, patches/upgrades, troubleshooting and maintenance of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Migrated ANT projects into Maven projects and written maven POM files from the scratch for multi module projects.
- Involved in writing parent POM files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling conventions using GIT source control.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Implemented the setup for Master Slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Suggested tools and related implementation to engineering teams regarding cloud based services.
- Executed QA services for enhancing efficiency of technologies and related updates for cloud storage applications.
- Performed configuration and troubleshooting of services like NFS, LDAP, FTP and webservers.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat/Web logic Application Server.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas per the schedule published.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
Environment: Java/J2ee, SVN, GIT, Jenkins, UNIX / LINUX, AWS, Chef, Maven, ANT, LDAP, FTP Tomcat, Cloud computing, JVM, Jira, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, PowerShell, Nagios.
Build/ Release Engineer
- Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers.
- Working experience on Kanban Methodologies.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager's for the release and carried Deployments and builds on various environments.
- Main responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Integrated Ant with Jenkins to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Created and maintained Ant Build.xml for performing the builds.
- Installed and administered Tomcat repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Ant and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Responsible for automated build scripts and resolve build issues.
- Mentor Business areas on Subversion (SVN) Branching, Merging strategies concepts.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customization and plug-ins for the Jira/issue tracker.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds Jenkins with Ant and Tomcat repository.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs(backend) through WebLogic application Server.
- Used Shell scripts to configure the WebLogic application server in all the environments.
- Support Lead developers with Configuration Management issues.
- Worked for Creating the software configuration management plan.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Ant, Jenkins, Java, Jira, Kanban, Linux (RHEL), WebLogic, Shell scripting.
Linux System Administrator
- Installing, configuring and maintaining RedHat Linux and CentOS on Dell/HP servers for applications running on the servers, Performance Tuning and Configuration.
- Worked with Agile and SCRUM development teams to provide services and deliver products in time.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Working with developers to load software onto Linux Enterprise servers and debugging Scripts.
- Set up and administer user and groups accounts, setting permissions for users.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and Apache.
- Resolved TCP/IP network access problems for the clients.
- Experience in installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption to ensure secure access on Red Hat and Ubuntu.
- Responsible for configuring and connecting to SSH through SSH clients like Putty.
- Creation, maintenance and administration of Virtual Machines using VMware and virtual box.
- Written shell scripts for reporting errors, monitoring and automating jobs.
- Provided installation, configuration and maintenance of pre-prod and production environments including services like Apache Tomcat, Openfire, Jabber, Jetty, MySQL, etc.
- Maintaining the Linux firewall to implement network security.
- Created backup capabilities adequate for the recovery of data and understand concepts & processes of replication for disaster recovery.
- Managing SVN repositories for branching, merging and maintaining version across the environments.
- Troubleshooting errors during environment upgrades ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
- Remotely coping files using SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinScp, and FileZilla.
- Regularly manage backup process for server and client data.
Environment: WINDOWS, Oracle Virtual box, VMware, Putty, SVN, SSH, RHEL, SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinScp, and FileZilla.