- Over 8+ years of experience in IT industry as a Cloud Engineer/DevOps Build and Release Engineer with major focus on Cloud Resource Utilization, Infrastructure Automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment.
- Worked on different environment including Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS, Ubuntu, ESXi, Sun Solaris and Windows platforms.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub) and Clear Case.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Experience with operational automation using tools like Chef, Ansible, Salt.
- Experience in Migration & deployment of Applications with upgrade version of Application & Hardware, MS build, batch script, IIS and Jenkins Administrator.
- Proficient in Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash Scripts for on Middleware tools for deployment of Java applications.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as war and ear from Source Code.
- Expertise in using monitoring tools like Splunk, Nagios and Grafana for resource monitoring/network monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Nexus, TeamCity and Build Forge.
- Competence in working on version control systems like Subversion, and GIT and used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Source Tree, Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Hudson, and Bamboo.
- Hands on experience in AWS and Azure with provisioning & resource management and setting up Enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in cloud stack such as AWS (CloudFormation) and VMWARE stack.
- Managed On - site Operating Systems/Apps/ Packages /Services using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS.
- Deployed Microservices, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Migrated existing infrastructures over three AWS accounts into VPCs managed by Cloudformation.
- Experience in Bug Tracking, Project Management tools like JIRA, Clear Quest and HP Quality Center.
- Hands on Experience in integrated Technology Platform solution will be deployed in the cloud using Microsoft's Windows Azure Platform.
- Hands on experience on Big Data Technologies like Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive.
- Proficient in Building, Release automation framework designing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Release planning, procedures, scripting automation. Proficient in documenting and implementing procedures related to build deployment and release.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on EC2 using Chef Server and Familiar with Cloud watch, Elastic IP's and managing security groups for EC2 Servers.
- Written Perl/Shell scripts for deployments to Web-sphere and Web-logic Application servers.
- Hands-on experience in Linux based database management systems like MySQL, MongoDB, and Cassandra.
Application Servers/ Middleware: Clear Case, SVN, SCM, GitHub, AtlassianBit bucket, GitLab
Version Control Tools: C, C++, .Net, java, Perl, Ruby, Python
Languages: Apache ANT, Maven, Gradle
Build Tools: MongoDB, Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop
Databases: Jenkins/Hudson, Atlassian Bamboo
Continuous Integration Tools: Artifactory, Nexus
Artifact Repository Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt Stack, Terraform
Configuration Management Tools: AWS, Azure, Open Stack
Cloud Providers: JIRA, REMEDY, HP, IBM Clear quest, Perforce
Bug Tracking Tools: NAGIOS, ICINGA, Cloud Watch
Monitoring Tools: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Cloud AWS Engineer
Environment: & Tools: Chef, Ansible, Amazon Web Services, Docker, GIT, GitHub, Subversion, Python, Shell, Linux, Maven, Nagios, JUnit, Jenkins, Agile, JIRA, RHEL, Terraform, Saltstack, Nexus, Sonar, Tomcat, Bash Scripting, Groovy, stash, Perl Scripting
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option.
- Set up system for dynamically adding and removing web services from a server using Docker, Nginx, and GitLab CI.
- Implemented a continuous delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven, Run deck and Nexus.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments.
- Configured Nagios monitoring tool for monitoring the server/app status, disk space issues, and log parsing.
- Conceived, Designed, Installed and Implemented CI/CD automation system.
- Maintained Jenkins servers to deploy into production and non-production environments.
- Automated Compute Engine and Docker Image Builds with Jenkins and Kubernetes.
- Implemented monitoring solutions with Elastic search and Log stash.
- Performed patching of Linux &Solaris servers on regular schedule. Involved in up Network/SAN installations using kick-start and Jumpstart.
- Build SQL Automation installation on AWS using Puppet, Terraform and Jenkins.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code.
- Used My SQL, MongoDB and Elastic cache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Gradle for deployment and build management system.
- Setup Continuous Deployment for the various test environments utilizing Bamboo.
- Created private Cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Worked with the Docker to package an application with all its dependencies into a standardized unit for Software Development.
- Used for faster server provisioning and configuration though Saltstack configuration management tool.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with java, PHP, Node.Js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache.
- Developed a suite of utilities integrating SaltStack, and Openstack using their respective python APIs.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- AWSEC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based infrastructure automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Worked on creation of Puppet manifest files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pod and config Maps.
- Conducted POCs with Docker based applications server configurations in Amazon Web Services Cloud.
- Knowledge in building and maintaining Docker infrastructure for Service oriented architecture application.
- Leverage Opscode Chef and the Salt Stack for full automation.
- Used Ansible to orchestrate software updates and verify functionality.
- Provisioned and patched servers regularly using Ansible.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to manage configurations and automate installation process
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Optimized database AWS schemas and provided consultation to various service teams for query performance improvements.
- Automated configuration management using SaltStack.
- Developed Scripts for AWS Orchestration and designed new back-end services, maintaining and expanding our AWS infrastructure, and providing mentorship to others on my team.
- Strong Experience on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including VPC, EC2, ELB, S3, and EBS, ROUTE 53.
- Implemented AWS high-availability using AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), which performed balance across instances in multiple availability zones.
Sr. AWS / DevOps Engineer
Environment: & Tools: Chef, Puppet, Amazon Web Services, Docker, GIT, GitHub, Subversion, Python, Shell, Linux, Maven, JUnit, Jenkins, Agile, JIRA, RHEL, Nexus, Sonar, Tomcat, Bash Scripting, Groovy, stash, Perl Scripting
- Worked on Version controller like GIT and integration tool like Jenkins
- Involved in writing Maven build scripts for generating Java based Artifacts such as JAR, WAR and EAR.
- Responsible for Administering Artifactory server which includes install, upgrade, maintenance of repositories, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Used Maven Nexus Repository to upload the build Artifacts after a successful build.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process and migrated from Maven to Gradle build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Wrote custom groovy scripts to automate CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins.
- Automated Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using Bamboo.
- Knowledge on Vagrant & Docker container deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams and containerization of env's delivery for releases.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Used Chef and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments
- Configured and monitored multiple servers using Chef. Defined Chef Server and Workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Design, deployed, managed and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerance system on AWS.
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on premise/workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as on Chef
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, and Run deck and deployment automation.
- Worked with Knife command-line tool
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual process.
- Maintained automatic environment using Chef Recipes& cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Involved in analysis phase (Identity 2 and 3 tier patterns based on existing infra), writing Puppet scripts.
- Completely responsible for automated infrastructure provisioning (Windows and Linux) using Puppet Scripts.
- Worked with Developers in using Chef as a configuration management tool, managing users, resources and deploying servers.
- Developed and managed cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command line clients and management console.
- Created detailed AWS Security Groups which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances. Managing Multiple AWS instances, assigning the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud platform. Experience with managing cloud delivery platforms, Azure/AWS/GCE.
Sr. Build and Release Engineer
Environment: & Tools: GIT, GitHub, Subversion, Python, Shell, Linux, ANT/Maven, JUnit, Jenkins, Hudson, Artifactory, Agile, JIRA, RHEL, Gradle, SVN, Nexus, Sonar, Spark, Tomcat, Bash Scripting, Groovy, Perl Scripting, Java/J2EE.
- Managed source control repository in Subversion- controlling and monitoring check-in's & create tags for builds.
- Automated setting up server infrastructure for the DevOps services, using Puppet/Ansible, shell and python scripts.
- Extensively worked with version control systems like GIT, CVS, Perforce version, Subversion control systems.
- Developed Python career path through professional development while working on Python projects.
- Looking at production QA, Dev, Mirror Servers Administration located at the US Data center including Code & SQL 2008 Database server.
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Maintain and support daily operation of continuous build & integration across many branches and modules.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Implemented & maintained the Branching and Build and Release strategies utilizing Subversion (SVN).
- Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers.
- Designed and built the reporting application that uses the Spark SQL to fetch and generate reports on HBase table data.
- Used Ant, Maven and Gradle as a build tools on java projects for the development of buildartifacts on the source code.
- Configured the Spark cluster as well as integrating it with the existing Hadoop cluster.
- Worked with EMC storage for virtual machine, involved in monitoring and scheduling SQL database backups and code backup.
- Implemented in Java, J2EE code deployment using Jenkins Jobs and Cron Jobs
- Handle version control tools SVN and Git to version code changes to help developers/programmers branch/merge/revert code.
- Experienced of working with the release and deployment in Java/J2EE, Android, C, C++ and ASP.net Web applications environment.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Responsible for Java builds, releases and production support.
- Promoting the changes from trunk revisions to Release branch.
- Deployed built artifacts to Websphere application server using MAVEN and python scripts.
- Proposed branching strategies for using Version Control Systems like GIT, Clear Case, Stash, GitHub& Subversion.
- Created branches, performed merges in version control systems GIT, ClearCase, GitHub, SVN, Stash and Perforce.
- Used Amazon web servers for continuous delivery systems.
- Installed Sonar and managed it as a Code Quality Analysis tool to track the trending.
- Used Jenkins as a CI tool for performing the build automation.
- Written shell scripts to monitor the logs after deployments and send emails automatically.
Build and Release Engineer
Environment: & Tools: SVN, Ant, Oracle, Linux, Perl Scripting, Shell scripting, JBOSS, Windows, UNIX, Web logic.
- Worked on designing and developing a complete service oriented system based on SOA principles and architecture in agile development environment.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration through a build farm for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Generated scripts in Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Configured automated VM migrations using automated scripts in PowerShell. Standardized network cable runs for VMware hosts across multiple data center.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases
- Updating the SVN log properties for revisions. Setting up the SVNsync servers, changed rev properties for SVNsync.
- Promoting the changes from trunk revisions to release branch.
- Performed merging from development to parent branches prior to building the code.
- Setup the build and deployment scripts using AnthillPro for J2EE and Java applications using Web Logic Application Server
- Installed and configured Subversion server on Linux via the Apache Web Server to provide access over the Http protocol.
Environment: UNIX/LINUX, SVN, Jenkins, Windows, Apache Tomcat, Shell Scripts, Ant, Nagios
- Installed and configured Linux servers for new build environment.
- Installed and configured databases on Linux platforms.
- Job Scheduling and Automating process using crontab.
- Installed VMware, build VMs using VMware, performed migration.
- Worked on setting up of Continuous Builds using Jenkins.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Installed and configured GIT and communicating with the repositories in GITHUB.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tool
- Analyzed and resolved compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Installed, monitored and supported Web and Application Servers on Linux environments.
- Developed and enhanced the automated configuration management system.
- Installed, administered and configured Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Documented and edited the deployment procedures, customer facing and resolution issues on WIKI for our future references.